• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
With all these studios and adding in Double Fine and whoever is next, I just really hope that MS keeps pushing for a variety in different genres. I think MS had done well even before getting all these studios. Some games did well, others not so well, but there was some variety. Games like Halo Wars 2 a RTS on console with good production values and support are some of the things that add variety to the platform. I know many want single player narrative games and I do as well, but more RPG's, RTS games, stuff like Planet Coaster would help round out the library. I just hope that we get that variety with all these new studios.

Roman Bellic

Banned
Jun 13, 2019
Blair Witch is a MS game?
Nope, but it could be a console exclusive to Xbox One.

That's a content of the report from Bloober Team from 6th June:

The Management Board of Bloober Team S.A. (hereinafter referred to as the "Issuer"), he announced that on 06.06.2019 he received information from his subsidiary Bloober Team NA (hereinafter referred to as the "Company") about the Company's conclusion of a significant agreement with Microsoft Corporation based in Washington, The United States, which is responsible for the release of a new game produced by the Company on Microsoft platforms in a special program. The copyright for the game in question will remain with the previous owners and will not pass to Microsoft Corporation. The Issuer will inform about the detailed date of the premiere by a separate current report.
source: Bankier.pl.

iareharSon

Oct 30, 2017
I agree or maybe a new shadowrun

I don't know if it's because Obsidian will be making Shadowrun, but Microsoft had to say that it's studios are free to dip into their bank of intellectual properties for a reason.

Having said that, Microsoft has to be seeing the fan reaction to Cyberpunk and having a light bulb go off.

Sotha_Sil

Nov 4, 2017
Halo MCC and The Outer Worlds are #2 and #4 on Steam's most wishlisted games. I think Phil is making the right choice opening games up to Steam. If you want to utilize the Game Pass for PC service, you'll likely use the Xbox app. If you want to just buy individual games, you'll likely go for Steam.

It's these kind of moves that make me feel confident in Microsoft going forward, even if there's still huge chunks of the XGS' output I'm just never going to get on board with. They have enough unique studios like Obsidian, Ninja Theory, and Double Fine to pump out great games with excellent services to boot.

compulsion games have been the most silent of all XGS....i wonder what they have in the works..are they also hiring too?

When they were acquired, they were 100% dedicated to releasing the three We Happy Few expansions. Only one has come out so far. They've hired people, and someone at E3 (Phil or Booty?) said they were starting pre-production on their next game. They're in the early phases right now.

christocolus

Oct 27, 2017
I still can't believe how many devs there are under XGS now. It's like a few days ago Xbox was mocked for having just 5 devs and then PC gamers love Phil now? Lol. How times change....

Klobrille

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I still can't believe how many devs there are under XGS now. It's like a few days ago Xbox was mocked for having just 5 devs and then PC gamers love Phil now? Lol. How times change....
D9C-zzuXsAEBDAE

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
So the combo of Gamepass, Gamepass PC, xCloud and PC versions hitting day and date....Xbox mindshare is about it explode when Gears 5 and Halo hit. Will give a big refresher for both series.

knightmawk

Dec 12, 2018
So Obsidian are looking at a two and a half year proper development time on The Outer Worlds. That's just.. wow. Consider they have multiple teams then between Obsidian, inXile and Playground we are going to be swimming in all kinds of RPG goodness for the foreseeable.

I wonder if any of them have stuff ready for the Scarlett launch window?

For what it's worth, Outer Worlds isn't going to be as big as some of their future projects probably will be. It's not open world, I don't know how long they're planning on making it, but from what I've heard I'm expecting about 20 hours for one play with a lot of replayability thanks to branching paths.

Playground's also probably going to take their time with their first game, since it's their first RPG and it's effectively a new team building it.

I wouldn't be surprised if InXile and Obsidian both had something, maybe not something huge but something, ready for Scarletts launch. Those first few years with Scarlett are finna be nuts though.

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017
Ori, and Killer Instinct was under her...you may want to rethink that. ;)

Fair point. Those are very good titles in their own right, personally enjoyed them both.
Again, I think her overall output was unspectacular, they wouldn't have replaced her otherwise with Peter Wyse (pun unintended!). While some of these games will have had their strong point, I think its plain for everyone to see their reception was fairly muted.

XGS needs 'spectacular' going into the next generation and it all looks like the right people are in place to do that now.

Blows my mind how far they've come in just over a year. I still think they should rename the Age of Empires studio, so as to not pigeon hole them into a single IP.
20 by 2020 certainly isn't a dream. There'll be a Japanese studio in there somewhere hopefully.

Deleted member 3897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Annotation-2019-06-15-162306.png

So a few familiar faces are appearing on the GoG Galaxy 2.0 beta sign up page

Very cool

I really hope they add game pass functionality to Galaxy 2 at beta launch and that beta launch is very soon.

So far my biggest problems with the Xbox beta app is that the mroe games you install, the slower and laggier it becomes when you start it up.

Joseph

Jul 7, 2018
I actually think Loftis did a good job with what she was able to bring. I hope this new guy will be able to get great things from partnerships(Japan plz).

Shingi_70

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fair point. Those are very good titles in their own right, personally enjoyed them both.
Again, I think her overall output was unspectacular, they wouldn't have replaced her otherwise with Peter Wyse (pun unintended!). While some of these games will have had their strong point, I think its plain for everyone to see their reception was fairly muted.

XGS needs 'spectacular' going into the next generation and it all looks like the right people are in place to do that now.

Blows my mind how far they've come in just over a year. I still think they should rename the Age of Empires studio, so as to not pigeon hole them into a single IP.
20 by 2020 certainly isn't a dream. There'll be a Japanese studio in there somewhere hopefully.
She also didn't Recore which was great.

Kiekura

Mar 23, 2018
Watched couple youtubers review for E3. Gears felt just like another gears and fans will love it, but for them it was pretty meh. Bleeding edge was fantastic and i am getting really hyped about that game.

They also said Xcloud feels really really good. There is lag, but it doesn't matter when playing SP games. Getting hyped up for Xcloud too!

Oct 25, 2017
Finally watched the "1 year later" panel. Great stuff, Matt seems like a great person for leading the first party content at MS. Loved the part about Jeff strain wanting top tier animators, they definitely need it.

The future seems really promising. Hope for some more nice surprises like DF and Flight Sim. Imagine Playdead with MS's backing!

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
Watched couple youtubers review for E3. Gears felt just like another gears and fans will love it, but for them it was pretty meh. Bleeding edge was fantastic and i am getting really hyped about that game.

They also said Xcloud feels really really good. There is lag, but it doesn't matter when playing SP games. Getting hyped up for Xcloud too!

Like has been discussed to hell and back, The Coalition has done a bad job of marketing the new campaign that they're saying is their largest yet.

They really should have shown more of the campaign to give people more of an idea of what they can expect then follow that up with Escape.

Henrik

Jan 3, 2018

Experience Inc, Q-Games, Nippon Ichi Software, Ys Net, Art Play.

Most likely Ys Net or Q-Games. It depends on if IGA wants to sell Art Play if Bloodstained does well.

Aug 26, 2018

This game has the BIGGEST chance of blowing up on Twitch. The twitch crowd is craving for a new Overwatch ish type of game and if the initial impressions are positive, by end of next year, it could be the biggest game for Microsoft.

Deleted member 18951

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Escape felt like just another Gears? Or was there loads of closed door stuff the public havent seen?

Joseph

Jul 7, 2018
Matt booty said they dont have any specific quota interms of the number of studios they can acquire...he said its all about relationships and how best an acquisition works for both sides...i think i will say 50by20205 then
50 would be something. I think 20-25 teams would be the sweet spot. You want to be able to fit all the studio heads in a room lol.

Bradbatross

Mar 17, 2018
I think FH is bigger than Gears at this point.

FH3 outsold Gears 4 without Gamepass. Gears 5 seems to have lost some momentum after E3 with little hype post show ( Youtube views, big gamers talking about it, Escape mode impressions being mixed etc).

Coalition will deliver a very good game but will they produce a great game, I am still on the fence.
Escape mode impressions are mixed?

Aug 26, 2018
Escape mode impressions are mixed?

Yes, I personally am hyped for it but the Gears forum is not really digging it ( They never do, its Gears dah!) , Youtube impressions/likes, some reviews from gaming outlets are giving mixed to positive opinions but nothing Game changing which you would hope being a new addition to Gears and they showed it at E3.

Aug 26, 2018
I keep saying it. But i think Obsidian can make the next "mass effect game". Its there style and they can go big now.

I personally think Obsidian are the only gaming company other than Bethesda who can create the next 'Skyrim'.

Obsidian are masters at RPGs and now they have the vast resources, time and creativity on their hand.

Bradbatross

Mar 17, 2018
Yes, I personally am hyped for it but the Gears forum is not really digging it ( They never do, its Gears dah!) , Youtube impressions/likes, some reviews from gaming outlets are giving mixed to positive opinions but nothing Game changing which you would hope being a new addition to Gears and they showed it at E3.
All the impressions seem pretty positive to me, and seems like a game changing addition since it offers a new mode that can bring new gamers to Gears who might be turned off by the competitive PvP mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.