• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 47654

user requested account closure
Banned
Sep 10, 2018
What TF will lock and anny have folks?

Me thinks 6-7 for lock and 11-12 for anny
bWdWcgq.gif

Redesigned83

Jul 9, 2018
[ "I think if MS weren't looking at asobo they should be now." - InfinityDOK ]

I've been on the Asobo BW for awhile, has there been anything that eliminates them as of recently? I know they were signed with FHI for A Plague Tale but now that's in the wild are they clear?

DoradoWinston

Apr 9, 2019

I've been on the Asobo BW for awhile, has there been anything that eliminates them as of recently? I know they were signed with FHI for A Plague Tale but now that's in the wild are they clear?
I think they may be signed for another game but clearly that doesnt mean its a no deal since we see other new studios release titles with another publisher that they have before deal.

Iv also been on the Asobo train, interested to see what happens.

ioi and asobo for E3 fuck it boys!

Xumbrega

Oct 25, 2017
Brasil
By mid June the OT6 will probably be created, once the leaks start to hit this OT will move FAST and E3 approaching can only means more replies lolol

peter42O

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 21, 2019
My prediction for new studio acquisitions are IO Interactive and Housemarque.

As for Asobo Studio, they signed a deal with Focus Home Interactive this past April for at the very least, one unannounced game. Not sure if it's a multi-game deal or if it's on a per game basis. It's on FHI's twitter page for those interested.

Am I the only one who thinks that if the Gears 5 September 10th release date is accurate that they should push it back to end of September/October? I would get out of the way of Borderlands 3 which is going to be huge.

knightmawk

Dec 12, 2018

They signed for at least one, maybe two more games with Focus Home Interactive, but I don't think that really matters as much as some people make it out to. If nothing else, I bet an acquisition would give Microsoft the leverage to guarantee those games make it to game pass day one, even if it would be quite some time before they could work on Xbox exclusives.

I like Asobo. Asobo, Dontnod and Spiders are three of my top European hopefuls, it'd be cool to see all three of them form a big French fist for Xbox.

Putfire

May 12, 2018
My prediction for new studio acquisitions are IO Interactive and Housemarque.

As for Asobo Studio, they signed a deal with Focus Home Interactive this past April for at the very least, one unannounced game. Not sure if it's a multi-game deal or if it's on a per game basis. It's on FHI's twitter page for those interested.

Am I the only one who thinks that if the Gears 5 September 10th release date is accurate that they should push it back to end of September/October? I would get out of the way of Borderlands 3 which is going to be huge.
I do not see much appeal in boderlands

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
I don't either personally but I know that it's going to be a big seller as it's a popular franchise and a lot of people have been waiting for Borderlands 3 for a long time.
Lot of time between now and September for non-game related factors to sink all hype for BL3. At this point that game is in a race for its survival.. against itself.

peter42O

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 21, 2019
Lot of time between now and September for non-game related factors to sink all hype for BL3. At this point that game is in a race for its survival.. against itself.

Perhaps but I see it as one of the (many) games that a good amount of people on the internet don't like for whatever reason but then goes on to sell millions and millions of copies.

Montresor

Oct 27, 2017
My hopes for studio acquisitions:

Remedy (Alan Wake, Control)
Dontnod (Life Is Strange)
Playdead (Inside, Limbo)
Fullbright (Gone Home, Tacoma)
Studio MDHR (Cuphead)
Game Bakers (Furi)
Platinum (Bayonetta, Nier Automata)
White Owl (JJ Macfield, aka Swery's studio)
Moon Studios (Ori)

Any two of those would make my E3.

Filipus

Prophet of Regret
Avenger
Dec 7, 2017
Excited for E3, hoping they put a great show. Bring me that gamepass for PC!

CRZYSPZ

Self-requested permanent ban
Banned
Jan 3, 2018
Fargo, ND

They recently said in an interview that they were happy to work with Microsoft so closely over the years, but mentioned that they are an independent studio and that they feel they work best as one (I'm paraphrasing, but still).

Here's one of the interviews. Link

Sydle

Oct 27, 2017
They recently said in an interview that they were happy to work with Microsoft so closely over the years, but mentioned that they are an independent studio and that they feel they work best as one (I'm paraphrasing, but still).

Didn't Playground say the same thing?

Redesigned83

Jul 9, 2018

Playdead (Inside, Limbo)
Studio MDHR (Cuphead)
Game Bakers (Furi)
Moon Studios (Ori)

Platinum would light my candle. I've only recently been in-tune to the work they've done past and present.

Yeah, I remember this. I'm not sure how much weight their stance has as one of the main pitches MS has been throwing is that they're letting the studios do what they want.

Shpeshal Nick

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia

Playdead (Inside, Limbo)
Studio MDHR (Cuphead)
Game Bakers (Furi)
Moon Studios (Ori)

Quite confident NONE of those will happen.

Ones I'd like?

Housemarque, Klei, Insomniac, Iron Galaxy, Bluepoint, Shin'en

Of those the ones possible to actually have a chance of happening?

Iron Galaxy, Bluepoint, Iron Galaxy, Housemarque and Klei.

Putfire

May 12, 2018
Some independent studios that would give more diversity to the XGS genres.

Iron Galaxy (Fight)
Relic (RTS)
Giant Sparrow ( Narrative)
Remedy ( TPS/ Action)
Red Barrels (Horror)
Deck 13 (Souls)
Platinum (JRPG / Action)
Avalanche (Open World)
4A (FPS)

deadasdisco

Jun 10, 2018
Some independent studios that would give more diversity to the XGS genres.

Iron Galaxy (Fight)
Relic (RTS)
Giant Sparrow ( Narrative)
Remedy ( TPS/ Action)
Red Barrels (Horror)
Deck 13 (Souls)
Platinum (JRPG / Action)
Avalanche (Open World)
4A (FPS)

Avalanche Studios were acquired by Nordisk Film last year.

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017

Playdead (Inside, Limbo)
Studio MDHR (Cuphead)
Game Bakers (Furi)
Moon Studios (Ori)

I like these. I would add:

Frontier (Planet Coaster and they have a good relationship with MS)
Creative Assembly (Halo Wars 2 - Worked with 343i on the game)

CRZYSPZ

Self-requested permanent ban
Banned
Jan 3, 2018
Fargo, ND
Didn't Playground say the same thing?
I don't recall Playground saying they were completely against being acquired, but I do recall them having the goal of becoming the best independent developer in the gaming sphere (which has changed to greatest developer in the world).

If you find any quotes that say otherwise, please let me know. i'd be interested in reading that.

Platinum would light my candle. I've only recently been in-tune to the work they've done past and present.

Yeah, I remember this. I'm not sure how much weight their stance has as one of the main pitches MS has been throwing is that they're letting the studios do what they want.
Well, unless they're lying, there's no way they will be acquired by E3 (especially since this interview was published 5 days ago with another similar answer a month ago).

Did both Moon Studios and StudioMDHR mention wanting to remain independent?
Yes, both have mentioned wanting to stay independent (with MDHR being more recently, I'm not sure if we've heard from Moon since mid last year, but it might be safe to assume their stance hasn't changed).

Spanic

Oct 31, 2017
US
Wow OT5 already. This is the best Xbox thread around.

For E3 what are you guys most excited about. Next Gen News, Up coming games, Acquisitions or something else?

For me its all about the games we'll be able to play this year and next (first and third party). Acquisitions and Next Gen news is a close tie for second place though. Can't wait.

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
I like these. I would add:

Frontier (Planet Coaster and they have a good relationship with MS)
Creative Assembly (Halo Wars 2 - Worked with 343i on the game)
It still blows my mind that Frontier makes both Planet Coaster and those similar games AND Elite Dangerous. Heh, maybe it's time for MS to maybe bring back a flight sim :p

Wow OT5 already. This is the best Xbox thread around.

For E3 what are you guys most excited about. Next Gen News, Up coming games, Acquisitions or something else?

For me its all about the games we'll be able to play this year and next (first and third party). Acquisitions and Next Gen news is a close tie for second place though. Can't wait.
All of the above! But also really interested to hear more about xCloud and Game Pass. Not the primary things, but these are new and exciting things that we have really no idea the direction of.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New OT, insta-subbed of course. Only a few weeks to go until E3 now, interesting how little we know about what MS is planning. Makes it more exciting.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
New OT...noice.

ONly a few weeks to go but hopefully some juicy leaks happen before that!

Sikamikanico

Oct 25, 2017
OT5 already, feels good!

This is going to be an interesting month I think. We've seen the path starting to be cleared ahead as to where our cults glorious leader Phil has been leading us for the last couple of years, and come E3, the rapture will be upon us and we will finally understand the path for the next generation and beyond.

On a serious note, absolutely salivating for a real glimpse of Halo Infinite and what it means for Halo. Excited for future Sea of Thieves Road map. Will enjoy any and all acquisition news for hilarious meltdowns primarily, but also because it just straight up means more games. And finally, Xcloud public trials. Beta available now @E3? Perhaps so!

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Intresting what Hmqgg posted last night in the old OT.

Screenshot-2019-05-14-06-05-18-922.png

Exact same wording for Anaconda&Lockhart.

giphy.gif

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
You know what stands out to me about that post? The kerning is messed up between the "b" and "e" of Best.

Status
Not open for further replies.