Xbox Game Studios |OT5| The Cult of Phil in the Age of Booty: A Case Study

Jun 4, 2019

Bits N Pieces

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Scotland
That new Microsoft store at Oxford Circus looks fucking awesome, they even have a Battletoads area set up! Really hope everything available at the opening is there next month when I'm in London for a few days!

Kiekura

Mar 23, 2018

there work

Andromeda animations were buggy, clitchy and not that good... But that is probably because, they didn't have enough Time.

Another well deserved win

Scroll down for nominees for each category. With those nominees FH4 should win every category where it is nominated...

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
I really like that Bleeding Edge and Battletoads dont have a release date yet. I mean they probably have a idea but are way more probably like. Its done when its done.
And are just testing it out and gather some more feedback. No rush really.

Klobrille

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I really like that Bleeding Edge and Battletoads dont have a release date yet. I mean they probably have a idea but are way more probably like. Its done when its done.
Honestly it seems like Xbox is now giving -all- their studios and projects more time. While Turn 10 or obviously 343 Industries seem to be the most prominent examples currently, they also allow Wasteland 3, Ori and The Will of The Wisps, Minecraft Dungeons or Psychonauts 2 (all originally planned for 2019) more development time. Ultimately this will result in better and more polished experiences for everyone - and this is always a good thing.

Even The Coalition got more time than for their previous projects, which shows in the amount of content they can bring to Gears 5.

Kiekura

Mar 23, 2018
No. They do have some release date they are targeting. It is just something NT themself have said they can ship game and thats how much they need time.

It isn't just like "Oh just take all the time you need"

Deleted member 38088

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 11, 2018
The phone is connected to the controller via a wire in this picture? Or is there something else in the back?

Feel like they need a polished and wired solution for this next gen. It removes unnecessary input lag.
It was wired during E3 demos as well and Kareem Choudhry said before that they find more latency with Android's bluetooth stack than the latency from network access. So, I agree and would hope they offer an official solution not rely on third party accessories.

Also, does anyone know if they're using an app or the phone's browser to access xCloud?

Kiekura

Mar 23, 2018
Nah. They have like i said a internal releasedate planned. But if they end up needing a extra 3 months they probably will get it. Thats why no release date is nice.
That doesn't mean they don't have release date. They do have internal release date and they try to hit it. And yes If they wanna postpone launch for couple months, i am sure it is fine for Microsoft. Thats how it works in Sony too.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
That doesn't mean they don't have release date. They do have internal release date and they try to hit it. And yes If they wanna postpone launch for couple months, i am sure it is fine for Microsoft. Thats how it works in Sony too.
Lol for the second time thats what i said. They have a internal releasedate.

zedox

Oct 28, 2017
Kiekura I don't understand what you are trying to argue with Theorry when he stated what you already did...the "when it's done" is because of the luxury that they have right now. Not saying that it won't ever get released until it is perfect...but when it's at a point in which it is representative of what the game should be...so if it needs a delay, it will get one, but because there's no release date, there's no use of that verbiage.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
You are kinda saying two things, thats why i argue. There is release date, but ofc it isn't told to public yet and why should they. And it isn't like they can just delay the game over and over again.
I am not. I kept saying they have a internal release date planned.

"really like that Bleeding Edge and Battletoads dont have a release date yet. I mean they probably have a idea "

"Nah. They have like i said a internal releasedate planned."

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
Originally, yes. They changed it to TBA and clearly are simply giving the teams the time they need. That’s one of the benefits if you suddenly have 15 studios pumping out regular content.
It does mean 2019 is going to be quite a dry year for Xbox Game Studios.

They've released Crackdown 3. And they will release The Outer Worlds, Gears 5 and Age of Empires 2 DE.

Four games. One that is PC only and one that's multiplatform.

We were expecting to get Minecraft Dungeons, Battletoads and Ori and the Will of the Wisps in 2019 too. It does mean 2020 is going to be packed. With Psychonauts 2, Battletoads, Bleeding Edge, Minecraft Dungeons, Wasteland 3, Ori and whatever happens at the second half of the year (Besides Forza and Halo).

Klobrille

Oct 27, 2017
Germany

They've released Crackdown 3. And they will release The Outer Worlds, Gears 5 and Age of Empires 2 DE.

We were expecting to get Minecraft Dungeons, Battletoads and Ori and the Will of the Wisps in 2019 too. It does mean 2020 is going to be packed. With Psychonauts 2, Battletoads, Bleeding Edge, Minecraft Dungeons, Wasteland 3, Ori and whatever happens at the second half of the year (Besides Forza and Halo).
I take this situation over another ReCore/SoD2-like release every day. People wanted them to learn and give their games more time for polish - and that’s exactly what they do now.

It’s a luxury problem in a kinda transition period imo. Gears 5. Halo MCC, AoE2 and The Outer Worlds in particular should be successful Game Pass driving forces in 2019. 2020 for obvious reasons is looking a lot more packed.

Kiekura

Mar 23, 2018
I am not. I kept saying they have a internal release date planned.

"really like that Bleeding Edge and Battletoads dont have a release date yet. I mean they probably have a idea "

"Nah. They have like i said a internal releasedate planned."
And you say "It's done when it's done" what kinda destroys your internal release date.

They simply have more time to make games and there isn't strict date for release like it feels with EA as example.

Kiekura

Mar 23, 2018
I take this situation over another ReCore/SoD2-like release every day. People wanted them to learn and give their games more time for polish - and that’s exactly what they do now.

It’s a luxury problem in a kinda transition period imo. Gears 5. Halo MCC, AoE2 and The Outer Worlds in particular should be successful Game Pass driving forces in 2019. 2020 for obvious reasons is looking a lot more packed.
2020 is going to be crazy year for gamers on all platforms. RIP wallets

Firenoh

Mar 7, 2019

I guess RAD counts too now, even though Bandai Namco is publishing it.

GING-SAMA

Jul 10, 2019
Wasteland 3 going big !

This is in game (pré alpha) conversation system :

And here’s an extended look at the model, animation, and VO for Scotchmo. The dialog UI is very much temp in this video, but provides an example of the type of dialog options you might see in the final game. Our artists want to reiterate that this is of course an early look with temp UI, in-progress lighting, model, and everything else. However, we'd still love to hear your feedback!
All NPC will get their facial animations and their voices also, cannot wait !

Slicer Dyster

Dec 20, 2017
Belgium
Wasteland 3 going big !

This is in game (pré alpha) conversation system :

All NPC will get their facial animations and their voices also, cannot wait !
Looks good! Still pretty surprised at how inXile is able to create all these things with the more limited budget that they had before. There was also a good interview on what the added MS budget was able to add to the project. Looks like a really good step up from WL2. :)

OneBadMutha

Nov 2, 2017

Yep. It’s a positive sign. Unfortunately there’s a lag right now but if games like Recore and SoD2 had more time and resources throughout development, they would’ve been much better games. I’m finding all the delays to be good news and eventually once these studios get their cadence down, it’s going to result in consistent quality. Microsoft just has to bite the bullet and deal with the negative feedback through the transition but these delays are the right decision.

knightmawk

Dec 12, 2018
Is it bad that I look forward to the game pass accounts tweets about new games more than I look forward to the new games themselves?