• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bosch

Banned
May 15, 2019
Remember the days Nadella had no clue about Xbox and what to do with it?
Think Spencer probably helped alot putting Xbox on the map for Nadella and how it could help the cloud and services push.
It will be a huge mistake leaving game division behind. Games are part of Microsoft history... Not only about Xbox but since 90s... with microsoft game studios and their games.

I think they are finding the right model for them. A unified pltaform under Xbox brand available everywhere.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
It will be a huge mistake leaving game division behind. Games are part of Microsoft history... Not only about Xbox but since 90s... with microsoft game studios and their games.

I think they are finding the right model for them. A unified pltaform under Xbox brand available everywhere.

It wont happen now offcourse. But for sure their were discussions when Nadella took over. Even Spencer said within Xbox their were real discussions about Xbox and their identity and future.

dodmaster

Apr 27, 2019
Remember the days Nadella had no clue about Xbox and what to do with it?
Think Spencer probably helped alot putting Xbox on the map for Nadella and how it could help the cloud and services push.
It's not that long ago that Thurrot spoke Xbox never turning a profit. Then the classic 'Xbox for sale' speculation kicked in again. Just seeing Nadella stand in front of that slide at build 2019 where their gaming platform is given equal prominence next to absolute behemoths such as dynamics 365 and office 365 should excite everyone who plays games.

Golvellius

Banned
Dec 3, 2017
Such a small tweet says a lot about the "new" gaming focus at Microsoft.

Anyone remember DFC Intelligence, the self-proclaimed
"leading provider of industry analysis and market forecasting for the video game sector"
https://www.dfcint.com/

After E3 2016, they wrote this:

"The overall question now seems to be not if Microsoft will exit the game business, but when and how. Of course, that leads to many other questions such as how is exiting the game business handled? Is Xbox spun off? Does Microsoft find a buyer? Or does the company just shut Xbox down? DFC feels the latter option will most likely not occur but it is clear something must be done."

It seems that they removed the article from their own site (for obvious reasons), but it is quoted here for example:
https://www.eteknix.com/analyst-dfc-doesnt-think-xbox-future/

It is truly astonishing how these people,
who constitute the embodiment of pure, unaldulterated ineptness and incompetence
are still in business.

Oct 25, 2017
if we get a sequel to quantum break and not to alan wake this world doesn't deserve to exist

especially since remedy is working on control so that would likely be another dev on it

Oct 27, 2017
The World
We are not getting a sequel to Quantum Break, these are just code names. It's pretty clear Remedy/MS don't believe it was successful enough critically or commercially.

Apr 6, 2018
I'm hearing things about gears 5, in particular about the new online mode which should replace beast/overun and complete the trinity of arena and horde, actually called "escape".
I will try to collect those in a comment, but take everything with a grain of salt. I trust the users who send those informations, but I'm not 100% on. Still here we are. Take everything with a grain of salt.

The inspiration for the new mode come from a scrapped gears 3's dlc, called "the hub", here an extremely raw footage:
The dlc consisted in a series of submission from a single hub to protect it, but instead of just defense from the CPU, the team had to attack the locust weak points.

Escape is planned to be a full gaas mode like pvp and horde, and it's considered like an online mini campaign(maybe using Marcus, Jd and Chutani as playble characters? my speculation, not from the source), with an ever evolving nature which is one of the greatest ambitions of this chapter, bringing together online and campaign. It will be closer to gears 3 and judgement due to its four player coop, and it's considered internally as a way to create something akin to the singleplayer dlcs(like shadow of raam and the scrapped act in 2) but that most of the community will play(sp dlc have an extremely low attachment compared to the base game) and that it wont be just an "one and go" thing, but with a dedicated part of the community playing it as an alternative to the other modes(like black op4 which has three different community)

iareharSon

Oct 30, 2017
There's little to no point in doing a sequel to Quantum Break at this point, given the existence of Control.

Apr 6, 2018
So more like a Destiny strike?
IDK, the guy clearly knew destiny, but never compared with it, he used pvz2 main map as an example, even if there will be only a side, the cogs
that gears mode sounds really bad, don't really like this idea of a "living thing" with gears
Living?
It's a mp mode, of course it will be ever evolving. Since the original hmqgg we knew that there will be a third main mp mode among the older ones, so it always been a live service.
Would you have preferred a regular campaign dlc?

Oct 25, 2017
IDK, the guy clearly knew destiny, but never compared with it, he used pvz2 main map as an example, even if there will be only a side, the cogs

Living?
It's a mp mode, of course it will be ever evolving. Since the original hmqgg we knew that there will be a third main mp mode among the older ones, so it always been a live service.
Would you have preferred a regular campaign dlc?

Living as in Destiny and The Division 2. It shares a lot of stuff with those games from what you posted.

Vico

Jan 3, 2018
That Gears mode sounds like Spartan Ops, which I still think was a great idea but poorly executed until the last few weeks.

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
Cannot wait for Quantum Redshift sequel.

giphy.gif

skedaddle ITS HAPPENING

'V'

Banned
May 19, 2018
I wonder if Miami Street has anything to do with Horizon 4 DLC.

Edit: whoops accidental quote

Judge

Vault-Tec Seal of Approval
Oct 25, 2017
That's a false flag. They are just updating all of their published games to "Xbox Game Studios".

Don't read into it more than that haha

Status
Not open for further replies.