• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 47654

user requested account closure
Banned
Sep 10, 2018
Baffling? Things like that happen all the time. They'll reupload it.
But this isnt the only bad thing regarding Gears channel
1- They are still uploading at 1080p/30fps max
2- They grab videos from Twitter or streams and just upload them to the channel, low quality videos, even for 1080p YT compression
3- They dont push the videos with Ads
4- Upload videos without sound for fucks sake

Sikamikanico

Oct 25, 2017
2- They grab videos from Twitter or streams and just upload them to the channel, low quality videos, even for 1080p YT compression

It's all part of a brilliant marketing push.

Ebtesam

Self-Requested Ban
Apr 1, 2018
Morgoth Bauglir

giphy.gif

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017

Are you expecting me to defend them for having a bad YT presence? lol

Oct 25, 2017
Baffling? Things like that happen all the time. They'll reupload it.

Without sound? All of my work is YouTube related. It doesn't happen.

Still, the video looks pretty good, i'm just really impressed that this happened

You guys getting weirder and weirder about Gears 5 lol

Does it bother people so much that i found it weird that someone uploaded a video without sound on the game's official channel?

yikes

Kasey

Nov 1, 2017
Boise
I can't believe No One in this thread spotted this:

JD doesnt have a gun in his hands (or His back) at the very end of the cutscene (when the transition to gameplay starts)
What does this mean?
Well, big things
Maybe Gears 5 will have free walk in New Ephyra, where you wont need a gun glued to your hands, again, think about the Citadel from Mass Effect, so, Morgoth Bauglir was right with his info (again)

You know, structuring the campaign like a more simple version of ME1 would be pretty cool in my book. Especially if there are big missions you can do in any order.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
I don't follow? I made a comment about the situation and how the game looks great and it began this tiring discussion about the game's marketing and other unecessary stuff.
Huh? I just said this Gears 5 talk is getting weird and weirder. I didnt even quote you and you went so saying it bothers me and yikes.

OneBadMutha

Nov 2, 2017
I don't think gaming will necessarily get better either but as Ninja Theory alluded to in their video about the acquisition there is already a kind of a death of the mid-scale developer happening. Perhaps all these acquisitions might mean we see some interesting games that might not have been made otherwise.

As much as I love game pass I would prefer if all games were on all consoles.

There was a significant and unarguable drop in mid tier games starting last gen. Games either were smaller Indies or expensive games that were very safe due to how much they cost to make.

Services like Game Pass open up the door for AA projects again. I'd also argue that not having all games on the same platforms is good for the industry. Content wars will force platform holders to take more risks and fund different types of games.

Oct 25, 2017
There was a significant and unarguable drop in mid tier games starting last gen. Games either were smaller Indies or expensive games that were very safe due to how much they cost to make.

Services like Game Pass open up the door for AA projects again. I'd also argue that not having all games on the same platforms is good for the industry. Content wars will force platform holders to take more risks and fund different types of games.

I would argue that these mid tiers publishers (Focus Home, THQ, 505 Games, etc) finding huge success with these different experiences are also helping these kind of experiences to thrive, besides Game Pass opening new opportunities.

Apr 6, 2018
OK BIG GEARS INFO DUMP BOTH ON VERSUS AND CAMPAIGN

Starting from versus: https://youtu.be/MAUd7KVGB2k
in this trailer at 0:05 you can spot Kait holding a brand new weapon and the desert skin
0:06 behind the swarm you can see a new map
0:09 the granade looks more powerful than ever
0:10 snow new map and an extremely nice new animations with the cog character holding the swarm granadiers by his chest plate and maybe an onyx guard
0:12 hammer of dawn and maybe new map

CAMPAIGN the part which everyone pretends to be interested but it's a vague 20% of the game
New Ephyra will be a hub but not like a mass effectish one, you can still talk with secondary characters, like baird in his lab, but you won't able to return there when you want like ME but only in precise moment during the plot
The ow part is compartimented in fixed regions you had to visit in order and the open part is with the skiff, once reached the walking part it's similar to the previous chapters

MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017
The rest of the info is...interesting.

So it's not really as open as claimed/suggested it's pretty much the same as before but with slightly bigger areas and using the skiff to hide load screens. That explains why they are hiding it.

Nov 23, 2018
CAMPAIGN the part which everyone pretends to be interested but it's a vague 20% of the game
New Ephyra will be a hub but not like a mass effectish one, you can still talk with secondary characters, like baird in his lab, but you won't able to return there when you want like ME but only in precise moment during the plot
The ow part is compartimented in fixed regions you had to visit in order and the open part is with the skiff, once reached the walking part it's similar to the previous chapters
Gears' campaign is the main reason a ton of players are invested in the franchise so the 20% comment is... different.

Jun 22, 2018

So it's not really as open as claimed/suggested it's pretty much the same as before but with slightly bigger areas and using the skiff to hide load screens. That explains why they are hiding it.
Using the skiff probably isn't about hiding loading screens. They're probably trying to give a sense of exploration to that portion of the game.

Sahand

Oct 28, 2017

in this trailer at 0:05 you can spot Kait holding a brand new weapon and the desert skin
0:10 snow new map and an extremely nice new animations with the cog character holding the swarm granadiers by his chest plate and maybe an onyx guard

There are tons of people that are more interested in campaign mode than MP. There are many that only interested in gears franchise because of the campaign. So stop pretending nobody cares about the franchise with some of the best single player moments in gaming history.

RedSparrows

Prophet of Regret
Feb 22, 2019

So we veer from that to this. I am not sure how you can extrapolate qualifiers like 'slightly bigger' or the skiff as a loading screen from, in essence, 'not full open world', which nobody has ever known. Let alone their 'hiding' it because expectations that apparently vary wildly amongst the hardcore in one corner of the internet on the basis of nothing are going to be confounded.

I much prefer to wait and see. This is nuts.

OneBadMutha

Nov 2, 2017
There are tons of people that are more interested in campaign mode than MP. There are many that only interested in gears franchise because of the campaign. So stop pretending nobody cares about the franchise with some of the best single player moments in gaming history.

Me included. I'll give multiplayer a chance this time but Gears campaign is why I'm excited. At this point though, I'm fine going in blind. No point in spoiling things just a few days before release. Don't understand the marketing outside of this being a Game Pass test.

Ebtesam

Self-Requested Ban
Apr 1, 2018

there's more then 20% that have interest on the campaign and i and many people are only play the campaign and never play MP

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I totally buy the 20% comment. Most people never finish the campaign in games like this, and a huge chunk of the fan base barely even starts them. Same deal with Halo.

Oct 25, 2017
I don't really trust Morgoth's sources (considering how offbase he was on a lot of things) much less his idea of what matters or doesn't, what i am curious about is the 10x (or something like that) bigger areas on the campaign that the guy with sources talked about some time ago here on this thread. Really curious how they'll pull that off with the kind of gameplay Gears has.

Deleted member 47654

user requested account closure
Banned
Sep 10, 2018

WHAT?
I'm a bit pessimistic with this game lately but i didn't come to that conclusion

Status
Not open for further replies.