• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
I really wish they got Tango Gameworks after TEW2 didn't sell well.

Tango is not independent. Zenimax owns them.

It use to be, long ago, and as a Konami IP. I might be wrong, but I don't think those games originally being exclusive to PS was entirely Kojima's decision, right?

For example, look at Tomb Raider and Call of Duty. Marketing and funding can change that viewpoint of an IP being on "a side" in a matter of 1-2 releases.

Nah Tomb Raider still sells way more on PS despite the forced attempts to associate it with Xbox. Marketing and temporary exclusives can't really break decades long association.

knightmawk

Dec 12, 2018
I highly doubt Ready at Dawn are in the cards for a Xbox Game Studios acquisition, especially when Shinobi shot down the possibility not long after the "Sony ties studio" tease from Klobrille.

Supermassive Games is also a major no-go I'd say, especially since they've stated that they plan (or want?) to work on more Sony exclusive games.

The only "second party" devs I could see is Bluepoint, Housemarque, or Kojima Productions (which, believe it or not, I feel is way more likely than other predictions, but I feel is by far the least likely of these three).

I think Klob said the Sony studio thing didn't work out. Or he might have said he was pretty sure it didn't work out because it had gone silent.

CRZYSPZ

Self-requested permanent ban
Banned
Jan 3, 2018
Fargo, ND
Nah Tomb Raider still sells way more on PS despite the forced attempts to associate it with Xbox. Marketing and temporary exclusives can't really break decades long association.

I mean, having double the userbase kinda helps with that too.
Just because something was exclusively associated with something else a long time ago doesn't mean its still that way. I would argue that Tomb Raider didn't seem as closely nit with PS starting with the first game in the reboot trilogy. People only dumped into previous association due to RotTR's timed exclusivity. People also got upset over Dead Rising 4, Street Fighter 5, and (to an extent) Gears Tactics.

We're moving toward an age where these kind of associations will continue to crumble with the allowance of more platforms to play these games on them. It will be interesting to see if these third party exclusivity deals ending up slowing dying off, I truly hope so (unless its necessary for a games creation like Bayonetta 2/3, Titanfall, etc.).

Oct 25, 2017
I know, I was hoping the poor performance of TEW2 would lead to a possible sale

Seems very rare for a company to sale a poor performing studio. Usually they just get closed. Square Enix letting IO interactive go independent is about the closest we have seen to such a scenario in recent times. Tango is still making games (and more importantly seemingly the games they want to make) so I think their publisher treating them well.

Oct 25, 2017
In the subject of Tango, TEW2 was fucking amazing and the cg for Ghostwire Tokyo looked SO FUCKING COOL

i really want this game even though i have no idea how it'll be

Deleted member 47654

user requested account closure
Banned
Sep 10, 2018
Everyone's dream is PlayGround Games making Fable IV, but i want a dark fantasy game from them, and i mean really dark fantasy, they know London as the palm of their hand, so...

WERES MY VAN HELSING GAME BABY???

I want something like Bloodborne but with AAAA budget, something like the order 1998 but with a clear vision and really good action mechanics, something like Castlevania but without Konami's BS.
Imagine PlayGod Games making the definitive victorian era game, it would be awesome

Maneil99

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Everyone's dream is PlayGround Games making Fable IV, but i want a dark fantasy game from them, and i mean really dark fantasy, they know London as the palm of their hand, so...

I want something like Bloodborne but with AAAA budget, something like the order 1998 but with a clear vision and really good action mechanics, something like Castlevania but without Konami's BS.
Imagine PlayGod Games making the definitive victorian era game, it would be awesome

Yes.

danrbg

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Dec 9, 2018

Ready At Dawn

Steelyuhas

Oct 27, 2017

It's not everyone's dream, it's just what's happening.

danrbg

Banned
Dec 9, 2018
We must begin to assume that Microsoft will acquire a study between From and PG.

wrhwk

Oct 27, 2017
Szeged, Hungary
What do you guys think, will MS change to built-in batteries in their controllers in the next generation?

I personally don't see a reason why they should but after Elite v2 I'm not so sure anymore...

christocolus

Oct 27, 2017
Account Executive ( Gaming )
Tokyo, Japan

giphy.gif
Good to see them investing this much.

darthpaxton

Jun 20, 2018
We must begin to assume that Microsoft will acquire a study between From and PG.
I don't think we're at the "begin to assume" stage, but that doesn't mean I think it isn't true. I think Platinum makes all the sense in the world for both sides.

Part of me wonders if that maybe isn't why we haven't gotten an update on Babylon's Fall or Bayonetta 3 in a long time.

Maneil99

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I don't think we're at the "begin to assume" stage, but that doesn't mean I think it isn't true. I think Platinum makes all the sense in the world for both sides.

Part of me wonders if that maybe isn't why we haven't gotten an update on Babylon's Fall or Bayonetta 3 in a long time.
Impending acquisitions haven't stopped devs working on multi plats before

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
My guess is still the new Tabata studio. I do think Platinum Games has been more healthy than ever and enjoys to work with different publishers.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
What do you guys think, will MS change to built-in batteries in their controllers in the next generation?

I personally don't see a reason why they should but after Elite v2 I'm not so sure anymore...
Integrated battery for sure. I personally prefer being able to quickly lob a couple of AAs in there and never having to worry about charging, but to many others that seems antiquated.

Remo Williams

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 13, 2018

Fuck dark fantasy, there's more than enough of it already. Blue skies forever.

In Amber Clad

rather sultry
Aug 26, 2018
London
Going back to the 'associations' point briefly, I think we should always remember that TR only became 'associated' with Playstation in the first place because Sony moneyhatted TR2 and 3 as console exclusives.

You know, like they also did with SFV.

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
I hope not. Enelops forever as far as i'm concerned.

Shit, ain't that the truth. There's no reason for any built in battery at all. What about when the battery dies? You can't replace it. Please at least keep the option for rechargeables and if not, and they do go with built in, better have it a long battery life then. At least as good as the Wii U or Switch Pro Controller and nowhere near the short life of the DS4.

Remo Williams

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 13, 2018

I think they will, and I wish they wouldn't. Why not just throw a play and charge kit battery in for those who want the inferior internal battery solution?

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017
While I used Enelops for so long now, it's time to move on. It's 2020. Built in batteries should be the standard. I should not buy a battery for my controller. I should buy a docking station or a wireless charging station like phones nowadays and that's it.

They can make batteries easily replaceable and that's it.

Time to have some "courage" and drop the batteries.

Remo Williams

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 13, 2018
While I used Enelops for so long now, it's time to move on. It's 2020. Built in batteries should be the standard. I should not buy a battery for my controller. I should buy a docking station or a wireless charging station like phones nowadays and that's it.

Nonsense. Swapping out the Eneloops that I already have is much more convenient than getting multiple docks for my multiple controllers on my multiple consoles, and keeping all of them plugged in. And again, keeping the current Xbox setup in place, you can choose between one or the other, it's much more flexible.

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017
In an age of pro mouses like the Logitech G Pro, I'd like to see MS go bolder with the Elite 3.

Basic yet durable/luxury, very light, comfy grip, internal battery, no vibration or motion to reduce weight. 60 hours battery life, RGB Xbox logo (can be turned off).

Maybe call it the "Pro" series. I'm surprised that the Elite 2 is still heavy as fuck. The world is moving towards lighter devices.

Deleted member 5764

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

This please

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017
Nonsense. Swapping out the Eneloops that I already have is much more convenient than getting multiple docks for my multiple controllers on my multiple consoles, and keeping all of them plugged in. And again, keeping the current Xbox setup in place, you can choose between one or the other, it's much more flexible.

Good news then! You can still use your Xbox One accessories with Scarlet.

The rest of the world is ready to move on.

Remo Williams

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 13, 2018
Good news then! You can still use your Xbox One accessories with Scarlet.

The rest of the world is ready to move on.

Even better news! You're not the rest of the world, so drop the condescending attitude. If there are no improvements to Scarlett controllers, I will gladly continue using my Xbox One gear. Otherwise your suggestion is useless.

Klobrille

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
In an age of pro mouses like the Logitech G Pro, I'd like to see MS go bolder with the Elite 3.

Basic yet durable/luxury, very light, comfy grip, internal battery, no vibration or motion to reduce weight. 60 hours battery life, RGB Xbox logo (can be turned off).

Maybe call it the "Pro" series. I'm surprised that the Elite 2 is still heavy as fuck. The world is moving towards lighter devices.
Ugh. Sorry, but this sounds horrible.

The reason I love the Elite so much is because it feels so premium, weighty and elegant. I don't need a lightweight RGB thingy. I mean it's not like the Elite feels too heavy or anything. It just feels premium to me.

If I switch to a DualShock or an usual Xbox Controller after a playing session with the Elite, these standard lightweight controllers feel like pure and cheap china plastic to me. And weight is a big reason for that.

That said - each to his own :)

Last edited:

joefro

▲ Legend ▲
Jun 5, 2018
Louisiana
Ugh. Sorry, but this sounds horrible.

The reason I love the Elite so much is because it feels so premium, weighty and elegant. I don't need a lightweight RGB thingy. I mean it's not like the Elite feels too heavy or anything. It just feels premium to me.

If I switch to a DualShock or an usual Xbox Controller after a playing session with the Elite, these standard lightweight controllers feel like pure and cheap china plastic to me. And weight is a big reason for that.

That said - each to his own :)
Agreed. I love the heft of the elite controller and I know rumble isn't considered "pro" but it enhances my gaming experience. It feels weird using a controller that doesn't have rumble in the triggers like the XB1 controllers do.

danrbg

Banned
Dec 9, 2018

The one who buys studios is Klobrille. He wants to see the world burn with one of those studies he mentions.

Icky Thump

Oct 30, 2017
Man this wait for halo reach has been hard. It's actually one of my favorite halo games.

For competitive multiplayer games it's gunna be gears 5 and reach that hold me over till infinite and Scarlett.

For REAL though! Come ON already!

Eneloops forever. I don't understand why people are so against these. I hate plugging my controller in every night. I was pretty disappointed that the Elite 2 uses an internal, though I understand they maybe needed packaging space to pack in all the features.

Status
Not open for further replies.