• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ratazk

Oct 27, 2017
Nice to see some dialogue on internal charging pack versus option to use batteries in the new elite controller. Options are always good.

Being able use eneloops is very convenient and I'd hate to lose that option.

It sounds silly but the internal battery pack (as well as build quality of the first model) has turned the new elite controller from a pre-order to a wait and see.

Governergrimm

Jun 25, 2019
Nice to see some dialogue on internal charging pack versus option to use batteries in the new elite controller. Options are always good.

It sounds silly but the internal battery pack (as well as build quality of the first model) has turned the new elite controller from a pre-order to a wait and see.
Nothing silly about that at all. I am hesitant for the same reason.

OneBadMutha

Nov 2, 2017

I'm not excited about the battery situation but have it preordered anyways. Did they discuss changing the internal battery?

Hilbert

Oct 27, 2017
Pacific Northwest!
People complain about the AA batteries in the controller using grandiose language like "can you believe it in 2019?". But when they are asked about it, the only real complain is that they have to buy them separately. Then they start coming up with great ideas for the internal battery like how it should last longer than most, how you should be able to swap them out of the fly and maybe, this is crazy, have them be compatible with different devices.

They never quite make the realization that they just designed a rechargeable double A battery.

knightmawk

Dec 12, 2018
I feel like they made a big thing about batteries with the Xbox one. Like they considered rechargable but settled on replaceable because if batteries die in the middle of playing its easier to swap them out then to wait for them to recharge or plug it in.

OP
OP
Figments

Figments

Spencer’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
California
Voting will return next OT with a significant overhaul. For now, I want to pay respects to @Maximilian's efforts to get Microsoft to fund another Killer Instinct.

Nuri

Jan 4, 2018
We technically will have both options of internal and external batteries since you can still use the many awesome Xbox one controllers with Scarlett.
Voting will return next OT with a significant overhaul. For now, I want to pay respects to @Maximilian's efforts to get Microsoft to fund another Killer Instinct.
Same, so happy about all the enthusiasm about KI!

Jan 4, 2018
Aboutthe batteries, I love being able to just replace them in a matter of seconds and be able to keep playing without needing a cable (or having to buy an expensive spare battery)
Gladly the current controllers are more than likely to be compatible with Scarlett

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Aboutthe batteries, I love being able to just replace them in a matter of seconds and be able to keep playing without needing a cable (or having to buy an expensive spare battery)
Gladly the current controllers are more than likely to be compatible with Scarlett

Yep. What sucks about internal batteries in controllers that you gotta stay prepared at all times, because if you forget to charge your controller you either have to have one charged around or have to play with the cable for a while, which can be inconvenient in some setups.

solis74

Jun 11, 2018
So, the best that I've seen lately are the ones below, imo. I know we're saving the top one for a special (possibly Scarlett launch?) OT.

Xbox Game Studios |OT6| You Had Me at Halo
Xbox Game Studios |OT6| This Too Shall Gamepass
Xbox Game Studios |OT6|0 fps 4K

Xbox Game Studios |OT6| You Had Me at Halo -- Winner!

Kilgore

Feb 5, 2018
The Good Life being delayed and showing a vast improvement is the proof that Microsoft is buying White Owls. The're announcing their first japanese studio in Gamescom this year <3

/jk

PD: or not

Apr 6, 2018
Yeah, as I say, I have meant to go back to it, and I think I'd enjoy it. It just surprised me at the time, as I wasn't expecting it (went into it blind because it was a metal game :D

I wouldn't know, it's the only SF game I don't own/haven't played. I do have a PS4 and a PC, but I refuse to reward a shitty deal like that with money.
Many in the pro scene commented on how the gameplay become more scenic than technical
Xbox Game Studios |OT6| I'M BACK (TO RISE)

This is the only logical choice. Godspeed, Maximilian.
I love it

Remo Williams

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 13, 2018
The Good Life being delayed and showing a vast improvement is the proof that Microsoft is buying White Owls. The're announcing their first japanese studio in Gamescom this year <3

/jk

PD: or not

Or Grounding. Could be either of them, could be none, we'll see.
But if they do acquire White Owls, and then manage to obtain the D4 IP from Access Games...

Remo Williams

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 13, 2018
D4 is fine, but they need to go after Deadly Premonition. A DP2 would be such an event.

I didn't really care for Deadly Premonition (that said, I somewhat liked the story and the characters, but I hated the gameplay, especially the terrible driving), whereas I adored D4. It's one of my favourite games of the generation, held back only by the fact that it remains unfinished.

Mack

Banned
May 30, 2019
Deadly Premonition was excellent story wise, but everything else struck terror in my heart. Would still play a sequel tho.

Remo Williams

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 13, 2018
DP without the weird quirkiness would not be DP. I could not imaging it being all AAA etc. I think it would loose its charm if it were too good.

Perhaps, but nobody is suggesting a big budget sequel. D4 still retained all the quirkiness, and while the Kinect movement scheme left some things to be desired, it played much better overall. (Also, it was one of those games that were really signifficantly better with Kinect.)

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
So we are not far from Gamescom. Anyone else excited about getting solid X019 info? Need to book my tickets asap.

Dan8589

Banned
May 30, 2019
Maybe the OT should refer to the japanese dev acquisition that will hopefully be announced at X019. Hopefully klobrille has not steered us wrong.

Delryk

Oct 25, 2017
Xbox Game Studios |OT6| Phil of the Three Kingdoms

might be too close to the Koei stuff.. but i was thinking Kingdoms along the lines of NA, Europe and (hopefully) ASIA...

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Been playing Forza Street daily, still, for now over 2 months. I'm close to the end chapter-wise but the grind to obtain a decent enough car to beat the last events is exhausting considering it's mainly RNG based, and even once you get what you need you still need to power up it with tons of resources. It would bum me to leave just one achievement out so I want to move on but this is getting pretty boring.

In Amber Clad

static and disarray
Aug 26, 2018
London
Now: HYPETHRUSTERS ENGAGED
2 months time: Why did anyone believe this lmao smh etc etc
4 months time: HYPETHRUSTERS ENGAGED
6 months time: pretty cool... next?

:)
While some (most?) would be dismissive, I'd even be pretty excited if they announced Grounding Inc.

But I take your point. Acquisitions have kind of become the main driver of excitement, over and above the games they will make. I very much want to see what these new studios can do under MS.

Status
Not open for further replies.