• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 22, 2018
I did a bit of research on the Australian Ratings Board website last night. They don't list Prey (2017) as having Horror Themes and I can't imagine that you'd say that Quantum Break had more "horror themes" than Prey.

We've heard that Microsoft did not think Remedy delivered for the price on the first game and it wasn't a critical or commercial success. Also, if you were using a code-name for a project than "Quantum Game" is a little too on the nose, especially for somethings like a ratings board listing. There's zero chance that this is a Quantum Break sequel if it's even an unannounced game at all.
Quantum Break is listed with Strong Horror Themes on the Australian classification.

knightmawk

Dec 12, 2018
I keep seeing people siting that neogaf "leak" and calling him an industry insider. It's wild, I've seen like 4 articles today using it as a source to "confirm" that the next Fable is a full reboot and is being announced at E3 this year. If I'd have known it was that easy to be seen as an insider damn, I would have just trolled this forum and copy pasted stuff to Neogaf ages ago.

Deleted member 47654

user requested account closure
Banned
Sep 10, 2018
I doubt it will look as good as RDR2 or God of War for example.
It does that already

0f35938a4fad56a409e3f6f1d65c2f1141967ded_2_1380x754.jpg

Confirmed to be running on engine.

Lukas Taves

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Brazil

JayWood2010

Oct 27, 2017
I keep seeing people siting that neogaf "leak" and calling him an industry insider. It's wild, I've seen like 4 articles today using it as a source to "confirm" that the next Fable is a full reboot and is being announced at E3 this year. If I'd have known it was that easy to be seen as an insider damn, I would have just trolled this forum and copy pasted stuff to Neogaf ages ago.
Does that "insider" have a good track record? I know nothing about him, and just assume its fake, but is there a reason we are to assume its fake? To me it just looks like educated guesses that most people could do.

MysticGon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
One way Microsoft can differentiate themselves from Sony is having a diverse slate of leading protagonists.

They're off to a great start with crackdown.

Hudsoniscool

Banned
Jun 5, 2018
I never finished it, but it was one of the better Souls-like games to come out of a developer external of From Soft. The premise was odd, too, but I liked it quite a bit.
The sequel is about to release, and it looks like a leap forward for them. I think now would be the time to snatch them up. They did the surge in 3 years. And the sequel looks to be out after 2.5 years from the first. That's pretty good for less than 100 employees.

christocolus

Oct 27, 2017
One way Microsoft can differentiate themselves from Sony is having a diverse slate of leading protagonists.

They're off to a great start with crackdown.
Huh? QB, Gears, Halo Recore, Ryse etc all have leading Protagonists. They've been doing that for years with sobmny of their IPs. It didn't even start with Crackdown.

Ebtesam

Self-Requested Ban
Apr 1, 2018
did you play through quantum break?
yes played the game and It wasn't horror

Is that a joke? Quantum Break wasn't a horror game sure, but it definitely has horror elements, the time monsters and the parts involving following them. And it definitely, definitely has violence. Lots of violence.
yes i know but they game wasn't horror that's why i said Quantum Game isn't Quantum Break and yes it's violence

Last edited:

knightmawk

Dec 12, 2018
yes played the game and It wasn't horror

yes i know but they game wasn't horror that's why i said Quantum Game isn't Quantum Break and yes it's violence

I see what you mean, the ratings typically just a justification of why it has the rating it does though. So anything with any kind of horror elements that are graphic enough can be tagged with "horror" or "horror themes" or whatever.

Ebtesam

Self-Requested Ban
Apr 1, 2018
I see what you mean, the ratings typically just a justification of why it has the rating it does though. So anything with any kind of horror elements that are graphic enough can be tagged with "horror" or "horror themes" or whatever.
So if the game has a only themes of horror will consider a horror game?

Apr 23, 2018
Dontnod is currently working with at least 3 publishers

1) Squeeenix on LiS2
2) Bamco on "Twin Mirror"- the Twin Peaks-y episodic horror mystery with some kind of memory recall mechanic
3) Unannounced IP for Focus Home after the publisher was very pleased with Vampyr's sales.

Given the number of commitments they have, I don't see them accepting a buyout, really.
Currently, they have a contract with 4 publishers :
1) Life is Strange 2 (2018-2019) with Square Enix.
2) Twin Mirror (2019-2020 probably) with Bandai Namco.
3) An unannounced game with a secret publisher (2020). Probably an exclusive launch game for the next Xbox.
4) An unannounced game with Focus Home (no date). Maybe Vampyr 2.

Edit : but again, don't count the fourth project as a reason why Dontnod couldn't be bought. Last year, Cyanide has been bought by Big Ben Interactive, even if they had two projects with Focus Home Interactive (The Council and a Call of Cthulhu RPG).
Maybe no Dontnod acquisition this year. But I'm all in for an E3 2020 acquisition announcement.

SpinierBlakeD

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2018
Imho they will be a big waste of money, they clearly have a low potential(while compulsion has tons of it) and thei games are weak
Can't speak to their quality because I haven't played their games. But I definitely have zero interest in episodic point and click TellTale-esque games. There are plenty of other devs I'd rather MS look at.

Lorul2

Jan 4, 2018
Here's a few more details about the unannounced AAA game that Housemarque are currently working on (that appears to be a PS4/PS5 exclusive).

From their careers page, we know that it's an original IP:

Screenshot_2019-05-23_at_13.08.40.png

Harry Krueger is the Game Director of the game. From his Twitter bio:

This tweet from Shu has him the picture, and is also tagged (he's the guy to the very right, the one next to him is the CEO):

This interview from last month has a few more details about the game:
  • AAA
  • Story is an important aspect of the game so they've naturally hired a narrative designer and writer
  • Learning new tech/skills in the process
  • They started pre-production on it a couple of years ago
  • They had 60 people working on it at the time (1 month ago) which is x2 or x3 more than previous games
  • They can hopefully talk about it a year from now (So maybe during a PS5 game reveal event)
  • Gameplay is still core for them, so explosions and visual effects will still be present

Man! I'm taking "L's" on my e3 predictions every week. That must mean E3 this year for Xbox is better than I expected!

XVerdena

Oct 28, 2017
Speaking of Gears 5, I'm currently playing RE5 (thanks game pass) and it's crazy the influence gears had in the last generation. You can totally see how some of the features are totally copied from Gears lol

Status
Not open for further replies.