• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DoradoWinston

Apr 9, 2019
I'll stay on the 1-2 studio team.

I have wanted a new Banjo game for years so I'm already used to being disappointed in some way. (If it doesn't happen)

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Think two studios with one more focused on RTS because of the PC push and maybe a platformer studio or kind friendly game maker will hit the sweetspot.

Aug 23, 2018
Well I tried

Don't be too disappointed when it doesn't happen
Again there's no insiders saying there will be acquisitions. At least not based on actual information from a reliable source.

People "obsessing" (excited) about the idea of more potential acquisitions shouldn't be too surprising. I love the thought of what Hitman 3 would look like with legit cutscenes and IO having a big budget.

And as others have stated, Klo is far from the only one who has hinted at it.

#teamatleast2studioacquistions

Jun 22, 2018
Do we know who is making Gears Tactics with the Coalition? I assume it's not just the Coalition.

I think getting a solid strategy studio would be a good idea for Xbox.

iareharSon

Oct 30, 2017
I'm going with two acquisitions and a studio built from the ground up (to support the acquisition of Mistwalker)

OneBadMutha

Nov 2, 2017
Also going to disagree that no insiders have said there will be no acquisitions. Ultimate insider is Nadella. He says they want to be a world class publisher and put a AAA game a quarter on Game Pass. They don't have enough to be/do that. He never claimed they did. Therefore more studios incoming.

Only thing that could save VinFTW on his bet is that the deals aren't finalized by E3. In the larger picture, not that important. More studios incoming. Whether they're purchased today or 3 months from now matters little.

Apr 6, 2018

I love the raw meme energy sparked by greenberg, lol
No thanks. If prefer a game in line with the Arkham series or a straight action adventure game a la Uncharted.
No thanks to those things that have nothing in common with perfect dark, you mean.
You would like an Arkham like game, but that's not what perfect dark should do.
Why do you want a game from a saga you clearly don't love? Ask for a new IP, not for destroying an established old ip.
I think they're aware that the fans are obsessed with the idea of more acquisitions and many expect they'll announce something at E3, so they'd probably find a way to communicate that it wasn't happening in order to set expectations correctly/not risk disappointment.
Microsoft has its faults, because the X018 created a format with Larry and Matt Booty showing that msft is conscious of the "phil spencer buys things" meme and joking. So they encouraged the expectations for new acquisitions. But IMHO they know that.
I'm more worried about the fake Braldryr's leak, because tons of people will be let down because there won't be any fm8 and fable at e3(or at least 90% those are e3 2020's material) and media encouraged this leak repeating it.

GamerGoinds

Oct 25, 2017
My three acquisitions I want for Microsoft are IOI, Dontnod, and Relic. If we get these three I will be so damn happy. Please E3 hurry up.

Oct 25, 2017
All aboard the Hype Infinity?
ysPULkW.jpg

*** One refresh per day ***

Last edited:

m23

Oct 25, 2017
Please do this through PMs, I can't be coming back to 5 pages of people asking for a ticket.

Camonna Tong

Mar 2, 2018
The biggest things I want -
  • Acquisitions
  • Japanese ports
  • Exclusives
  • Great 1P showing (Halo Infinite, Gears 5, Bleeding Edge, etc)
  • Great 3P showing (Cyberpunk 2077, Saints Row 5?, certain titles I won't say, etc)
These are probably pretty obvious though. The 3rd and 5th will definitely happen. The 4th will most likely happen.... sorry, will happen as well. The first two are the real question, but if Phil's comment on XO implies anything, I think we'll see a lot of effort there. Question is, does that mean things like Dragon Quest XI, or games that are still in development like Judge Eyes (which is a multi-platform game according to the Australian rating board, question is whether it's an Xbox One game as well, or just PC and PS4)?

The first? I think it'll be at least a few or none at all. Just showing one is a waste of time if you ask me. Two is pushing it but could happen. I think there will be 3 - 5 myself, but it could as well be 0. A lot of things going behind scenes and deals fall through at the last second. Snowball effect could've happened too and there will be more than 5 announced. Who knows though? I honestly think a Japanese acquisition is a certain possibility and was betting on it.

Startropper

Oct 25, 2017
Like history has shown, acquisitions can fly completely under the radar.

However if none leak out by e3, there's a good chance it isn't to many.

Status
Not open for further replies.