• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

EdgeXL

Oct 27, 2017
California
All aboard the Hype Infinity?
ysPULkW.jpg

*** One refresh per day ***

Requesting permission to come aboard. A spot near the bridge, if possible.

roly82

Apr 2, 2019
Hey guys, I'm really glad to be here after a lot of years reading this community (since Gaf), this thread is one of the best to follow Xbox news, and is a healthy place to share Xbox love with no problems.

Talking about acquisitions, my favourite would be Dontnod (perfect partner for gamepass), another good pick would be Mercury Steam (amazing team when there is a clear direction behind them), but now seeing the codenames of MS I think The Behemoth acquisition is a sure bet, they have a long story with Xbox, like Studio MHDR they have little jews, a recognizable art style and a lot of personality, and the other one would be Hazelight, they are extremely quiet so I'm sure they are going to do a reveal at Xbox stage (also it was a Klobrille bet last year and the squirrel knows more than us).

TruthSeeker

Banned
Jun 5, 2018
Lol or they are doing a good job at keeping things hush hush. They've done a good job of that for the last year in general. The only two acquisitions that was leaked out of the 6 + initiative was playground and obsidian.

I agree with JayWood... I think MS is doing a better job of controlling the leaks of information. Just my thoughts... But if they didn't have some really exciting things to announce... I think they would have just canceled E3 this year too. With the spotlight solely on MS, I don't expect them to break the bank on announcements, but they have to have some really strong announcements to go through with an E3 conference this year when they could have easily skipped it and used the same justification as Sony did.

Last edited:

knightmawk

Dec 12, 2018

I love the raw meme energy sparked by greenberg, lol

I already pointed this out a few pages back, but it 🐻s repeating. I noticed Choudhry says things like "technically capable of" and "able to stream". It really sounds more and more like X-Cloud is just a another pipeline, like digital downloads or physical games, and whether or not and how you want to make a game available on it is entirely up to the publisher.

Also the 3500 figure is really interesting, does anyone know how many games are on Xbox One, including BC titles? I just wonder where that figure comes from

Deleted member 47654

user requested account closure
Banned
Sep 10, 2018
Would i be safe in that ship surrounded by all this unpleasant companions? i won't know until it happens!
Sign me up Lasky

Kasey

Nov 1, 2017
Boise
Ah yes an immersive sim turning to an action game is growing and maturing.
I'm not against change, I'm against this nonsense because "it looks more modern", I enjoy genuine evolutions. But those aren't evolutions.
I'm against people outside the franchises asking for changing the formulas turning the AAA gaming into an uniform soul less macro genre of third person, cinematic action, rpg lite mechanics, everyone of which has a similar game design, without real diversity.
Perfect Dark shines for the multiple approaches, open and tactical level design to study and interpret for having the best possibile execution of the mission, why turning into an action game with the main character rolling and counterattacking with an algorythm that does half the job for your brain?
You simply proposed things that doesn't belongs to the perfect dark ip, your changes is simply following the current trends
You want a new Ip, not perfect dark
Hear hear. Well said.

Lukas Taves

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
I already pointed this out a few pages back, but it 🐻s repeating. I noticed Choudhry says things like "technically capable of" and "able to stream". It really sounds more and more like X-Cloud is just a another pipeline, like digital downloads or physical games, and whether or not and how you want to make a game available on it is entirely up to the publisher.

Also the 3500 figure is really interesting, does anyone know how many games are on Xbox One, including BC titles? I just wonder where that figure comes from
I assume that for existing Xbox one games they can't just force the publisher to release on xcloud, but from now on the publishing deals likely cover this, so I think we should hit 100% coverage of next gen games.

monketron

Oct 27, 2017
No matter how good the streaming tech is going to be, it's never going to be lag free and it's never going to be able to get around the fact that touch screen controls are horrible.

Firenoh

Mar 7, 2019

According to Wikipedia, there are currently 1996 titles available on Xbox One. Add to that 560 back compatible titles and you get 2556 titles in all.
The 3500 number sound to me like the maximum number of titles the xCloud network can stream right now, not the number of titles that are on xCloud already.

Last edited:

statham

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FloRida
Could The Initiative be a team 60 strong that creates new IPs but then pushing the actual development to already established teams, either MS owned or partners? They do all the hiring, voice overs, mo-cap, but the actual dev of the game goes to a 3rd party, which they watch over, this way they can tackle a few games at the same time. Not sure If I'm explaining this right, with whats in my mind.

Deleted member 36493

User requested account closure
Dec 19, 2017
Could The Initiative be a team 60 strong that creates new IPs but then pushing the actual development to already established teams, either MS owned or partners? They do all the hiring, voice overs, mo-cap, but the actual dev of the game goes to a 3rd party, which they watch over, this way they can tackle a few games at the same time. Not sure If I'm explaining this right, with whats in my mind.
I know what you mean. Apparently genDESIGN (SotC, The Last Guardian) wants a seperate larger team to do the bulk of the "heavy lifting" while they focus on art, story etc. for their next game. It isn't unheard of and could certainly work, but who would the other team be?

Lorul2

Jan 4, 2018
That is what I was thinking.

statham

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FloRida
I know what you mean. Apparently genDESIGN (SotC, The Last Guardian) wants a seperate larger team to do the bulk of the "heavy lifting" while they focus on art, story etc. for their next game. It isn't unheard of and could certainly work, but who would the other team be?
exactly.No idea on teams, but I would imagine less remasters this go around with both consoles being BC, hire some of those teams.

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017
Reading Destiny sub reddit, maybe there is a potential possiblity of Bungie coming back to MS?

Apr 23, 2018
Isn't that what Mistwalker did. They did the story, characters, etc. while some other studio did the development.

UraMallas

Nov 1, 2017
United States
Ah yes an immersive sim turning to an action game is growing and maturing.
I'm not against change, I'm against this nonsense because "it looks more modern", I enjoy genuine evolutions. But those aren't evolutions.
I'm against people outside the franchises asking for changing the formulas turning the AAA gaming into an uniform soul less macro genre of third person, cinematic action, rpg lite mechanics, everyone of which has a similar game design, without real diversity.
Perfect Dark shines for the multiple approaches, open and tactical level design to study and interpret for having the best possibile execution of the mission, why turning into an action game with the main character rolling and counterattacking with an algorythm that does half the job for your brain?
You simply proposed things that doesn't belongs to the perfect dark ip, your changes is simply following the current trends
You want a new Ip, not perfect dark

Preach on it, my dude.

This is what I've been trying to say. It's the best way to implement xCloud.

solis74

Jun 11, 2018
Hey guys, I'm really glad to be here after a lot of years reading this community (since Gaf), this thread is one of the best to follow Xbox news, and is a healthy place to share Xbox love with no problems.

Talking about acquisitions, my favourite would be Dontnod (perfect partner for gamepass), another good pick would be Mercury Steam (amazing team when there is a clear direction behind them), but now seeing the codenames of MS I think The Behemoth acquisition is a sure bet, they have a long story with Xbox, like Studio MHDR they have little jews, a recognizable art style and a lot of personality, and the other one would be Hazelight, they are extremely quiet so I'm sure they are going to do a reveal at Xbox stage (also it was a Klobrille bet last year and the squirrel knows more than us).

Welcome! :)

Apr 23, 2018
Reading Destiny sub reddit, maybe there is a potential possiblity of Bungie coming back to MS?
Has the subreddit said anything? Or is it just wishful thinking? I can definitely see Bungie's next games being published by Microsoft unless they choose to self publish which I think is more likely to happen.
Yeah. I think Keiji Inafune's old studio, comcept, did a similar thing and well. Getting help from Inti Creates (Might No. 9) and Armature Studios (ReCore).
It doesn't seem like a bad idea. Having a studio that does a lot of the story and such. But seems like the results haven't really proven it's a good idea. Recore had a great amount of potential just failed to really live up to the hype. Besides Lost Odyssey, Blue Dragon, or the Last Story. Which were done by Mistwalker I don't see that concept really taking off. If only Mistwalker wasn't doing mobile games now.

solis74

Jun 11, 2018

this could be very likely

Montresor

Oct 27, 2017
My dreams for E3:

*343 officially reveals that Halo Infinite is an open-world game.
*343 confirms Halo Reach for MCC will be added into Game Pass

*The Coalition confirms Gears 5 is an open-world game and will release this year, with a confirmed release date.
*The Coalition also confirms Gears Tactics will come out on Xbox and it isn't PC exclusive.

*Playground announces Fable with a short teaser, and shows the final Forza Horizon 4 expansion.

*Ninja Theory announces Enslaved is BC and added to Game Pass. And they announce their new game and confirm either a) It's a single player game, or b) If it's multiplayer, then it's a co-op narrative adventure like "A Way Out" and they confirm it's not competitive multiplayer.

*Obsidian reveals The Outer Worlds release date (this yer) and confirms it will join Game Pass.

*Moon Studios confirms release date (this year) for Ori 2.

*Reel showing new ports for games that skipped Xbox, like Zero Escape series, Nioh, Yakuza, Pyre, Transistor, etc.

*Acquisitions: Moon Studios, Bungie, Asobo, Dontnod, Platinum

*Destiny 1, Destiny 2, and Plague Tale Innocence get added to Game Pass

*Project Xcloud formally announced. Playable on Switch, iOS, Android, PC, among other platforms.

*Lockhart and Anaconda with an E3 2016 Project Scorpio-esque reveal. Confirm general specs. Confirm raytracing, SSD. Confirm Anaconda will be more powerful than PS5.

Firenoh

Mar 7, 2019
Has the subreddit said anything? Or is it just wishful thinking? I can definitely see Bungie's next games being published by Microsoft unless they choose to self publish which I think is more likely to happen.

It doesn't seem like a bad idea. Having a studio that does a lot of the story and such. But seems like the results haven't really proven it's a good idea. Recore had a great amount of potential just failed to really live up to the hype. Besides Lost Odyssey, Blue Dragon, or the Last Story. Which were done by Mistwalker I don't see that concept really taking off. If only Mistwalker wasn't doing mobile games now.
There are examples where it works. Comcept, MARVELOUS, and Japan Studio all collaborated on Soul Sacrifice Detla on the Vita, and that game rocks.

Shingi_70

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Totally outlier prediction, at E3 one of the big announcements will be the Xbox One S and X gaining support for Windows Mixed Reality.

Status
Not open for further replies.