• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
literally post after post of hype train horseshit. for pages. makes the thread really unbearable. sorry to be 'no fun allowed' but can we not?

Eroke

Oct 27, 2017
360 Gamepic Tier List According to XboxUK on Twitter

u879J8w.jpg

l love that puppy

SpinierBlakeD

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2018
Completely changing an established series' genre =/= growing up and maturing. I'd take an action-adventure PD, but I'd be much happier for it to take the Arkane-style immersive sim route, as it'd be closer to the original that way.
I just can't think of a genre I enjoy less than immersive sim (maybe souls?). And I sincerely doubt MS would greenlight 2 spy genre games as it's already a fairly nice genre so naturally I hope for the one that would actually excited me.

knightmawk

Dec 12, 2018

I assume that for existing Xbox one games they can't just force the publisher to release on xcloud, but from now on the publishing deals likely cover this, so I think we should hit 100% coverage of next gen games.

I don't know about that, the he also mentions there are 1900 games in development for Xbox One, and says something like "All of which could be streamed on X-Cloud", maybe free, or under a single subscription, streaming will be required as part of the next gen contract yeah, though I feel like unless Sony does it too it'll just push third parties away from Xbox, and then we'll have the same problem.

Could The Initiative be a team 60 strong that creates new IPs but then pushing the actual development to already established teams, either MS owned or partners? They do all the hiring, voice overs, mo-cap, but the actual dev of the game goes to a 3rd party, which they watch over, this way they can tackle a few games at the same time. Not sure If I'm explaining this right, with whats in my mind.

That's how Mistwalker worked in its golden days, during Lost Odyssey, Blue Dragon and Last Story, albeit with a much smaller team, about 25 people I think.

They just came up with the ideas and did the art and writing and then contracted all the development out.

Lukas Taves

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
I don't know about that, the he also mentions there are 1900 games in development for Xbox One, and says something like "All of which could be streamed on X-Cloud", maybe free, or under a single subscription, streaming will be required as part of the next gen contract yeah, though I feel like unless Sony does it too it'll just push third parties away from Xbox, and then we'll have the same problem.
I meant more as regarding publishing approval. I believe all games you own or have access through subs that are allowed on xcloud will be available to you with a fee, but it won't be 100% of xbone games because some publishers might block.

However for scarlet and ps5 I assume both will make só all games are streamable just like they did to ensure all games were digital on this one.

Oct 26, 2018
I just can't see the initiative being a studio like that. I could imagine them as a 130 ish range team making some of the biggest games in terms of their size and budget

....also, could I be added to that ship thingy 🤔I wanna see something

Bradbatross

Mar 17, 2018
Smartphones have had controller support for over 10 years now. In the time since has anyone here seen someone use a controller on their phone out in the wild yet?
Halo hasn't been on a phone before. I don't really expect most people to use xbox controllers, but with AAA game streaming getting a massive push from multiple heavy hitters, I expect other more convenient controllers made for phones to be released.

Nov 11, 2017
I think you guys are taking intiative will be a small team the wrong way 😄, they will start small by getting all the right leads a slow process than expand

knightmawk

Dec 12, 2018
I meant more as regarding publishing approval. I believe all games you own or have access through subs that are allowed on xcloud will be available to you with a fee, but it won't be 100% of xbone games because some publishers might block.

However for scarlet and ps5 I assume both will make só all games are streamable just like they did to ensure all games were digital on this one.

I definitely agree with the first part, I think Microsoft wants to attract publishers as much as they can now, so they won't say they have to anything yet.

I think it'd be great if all next gen games could be streamed, but it'll only happen if Sony does it to yeah, that's the brightest possible future.

Apr 22, 2019
My three acquisitions I want for Microsoft are IOI, Dontnod, and Relic. If we get these three I will be so damn happy. Please E3 hurry up.
I think IOI would be a good team to take on Perfect Dark. They are good at stealth and gunplay. They would probably be happy to have funding and not have to rely on just Hitman to stay alive as a studio.

Vj27

Feb 10, 2019
No matter how good the streaming tech is going to be, it's never going to be lag free and it's never going to be able to get around the fact that touch screen controls are horrible.
I'm currently using the Xbox Bluetooth controller, and seeing as most pc gamers use similar Xbox controllers as well. I'm sure there would be a big chunk of people already able to play xcloud with a wireless xbone controller, especially anyone that bought an Xbox after like 2017/18. Plus these controllers are hella good, I got the sports red one on sale. Shit plays games beautifully, it's a joy to hold tbh. Plus your not even considering the hundred of thousand Bluetooth smartphone controllers. I'm sure with the rise of streaming will see a rise of Bluetooth AAA compatible controllers. Wouldn't be surprised if Xbox makes a mini Xbox controller or something. And that's also considering that you only expect to play games like red dead 2 on mobile, what about games like ori, forza, halo wars (touch and pinch to zoom and all that would fit perfectly), child of light, the games I expect people to load up on the go. Because I'm damn sure anyone that plans to play halo Infinite or the next call of duty on their phone would be smart enough to know that you NEED a controller to be competitive. Not that you couldn't play the campaigns but the mp is obviously not going to be fun with touch controls.

Defect

Oct 25, 2017
My dreams for E3:

*343 officially reveals that Halo Infinite is an open-world game.
*343 confirms Halo Reach for MCC will be added into Game Pass

*The Coalition confirms Gears 5 is an open-world game and will release this year, with a confirmed release date.
*The Coalition also confirms Gears Tactics will come out on Xbox and it isn't PC exclusive.

*Playground announces Fable with a short teaser, and shows the final Forza Horizon 4 expansion.

*Ninja Theory announces Enslaved is BC and added to Game Pass. And they announce their new game and confirm either a) It's a single player game, or b) If it's multiplayer, then it's a co-op narrative adventure like "A Way Out" and they confirm it's not competitive multiplayer.

*Obsidian reveals The Outer Worlds release date (this yer) and confirms it will join Game Pass.

*Moon Studios confirms release date (this year) for Ori 2.

*Reel showing new ports for games that skipped Xbox, like Zero Escape series, Nioh, Yakuza, Pyre, Transistor, etc.

*Acquisitions: Moon Studios, Bungie, Asobo, Dontnod, Platinum

*Destiny 1, Destiny 2, and Plague Tale Innocence get added to Game Pass

*Project Xcloud formally announced. Playable on Switch, iOS, Android, PC, among other platforms.

*Lockhart and Anaconda with an E3 2016 Project Scorpio-esque reveal. Confirm general specs. Confirm raytracing, SSD. Confirm Anaconda will be more powerful than PS5.
Reach MCC in Gamepass was already confirmed

Oct 26, 2018
Nah.

How about MS gives Conker 2 to Chris Seavor and a support studio?
I just read the article about the concept for conkers 2 and a part said during the end credits, conker breaks the forth wall to talk to the devs and it reminded me of SO when it was done after it looked like the main character died and the credits rolled

Algorum

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Dec 23, 2018
I'm so glad Microsoft embraced PC gaming and all their exclusives will be coming to pc.

That's the most exciting part of any announcement for me. Especially if it's for a big budget platformer like banjo-kazooie.

Please T_T

Status
Not open for further replies.