• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JINX

Oct 25, 2017
i was struggling looking on google for a decent gif showing of the real time ones and thought that was from one. still think they look better
tenor.gif

'V'

Banned
May 19, 2018

How does the games development industry work when it comes to people going and leaving? Do they work on projects for one dev team and leave when its done to new studios or are we looking at MS actively pursuing people they want and possibly buying them out of their contracts or something? There seems to be loads of high level talent joining The Initiative and it's really nice to see but at the same time I'm a bit baffled because it's a new studio with no reputation at all. What would incentivize these people to join?

Sotha_Sil

Nov 4, 2017
How does the games development industry work when it comes to people going and leaving? Do they work on projects for one dev team and leave when its done to new studios or are we looking at MS actively pursuing people they want and possibly buying them out of their contracts or something? There seems to be loads of high level talent joining The Initiative and it's really nice to see but at the same time I'm a bit baffled because it's a new studio with no reputation at all. What would incentivize these people to join?

I don't think it is particularly surprising. These people probably jump from company to company and get 10+% raises each time. Microsoft is probably offering healthy raises to get the people needed to jump start a first party studio.

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017

LA studio = more money yummy

MS is the bigger company and good for your CV also more money

Why would you not wanna work there? Fanboyism? Lol

And for the people asking me about Bungie thingy:

It's wishful thinking but I hope they get back.

Apr 6, 2018

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017
343 are way behind The Coalition in terms of graphics. It's laughable to even compare the two.

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017
That's based on what?

Based on Gears 4 and Halo 5.

Halo 5 looked so goddamn bad before the X. Reminded me of Bungie's atrocious Halo 3 character models and graphics.

Bububu the lightning.

In terms of 1st graphics, I only trust the British (Rare and Playground) to deliver along with The Coalition.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017

Halo 5 looked so goddamn bad before the X. Reminded me of Bungie's atrocious Halo 3 character models and graphics.

Bububu the lightning.

In terms of 1st graphics, I only trust the British (Rare and Playground) to deliver along with The Coalition.

5 came out a year before and focused exclusively on 60fps on a lacking Xbox One console. Gears 4 runs at 30fps in campaign on that same hardware.

If you're talking art style, that's completely subjective.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
In 3 weeks we hopefully have alot more info on Infinite. I cant wait for it. Wanna see how it looks, how the world is gonna be, how the story after 5 is handled. So much i wanna know.

Redesigned83

Jul 9, 2018
Initiative's first game could easily be a downloadable AA title, short and sweet. Would give team time to gel too and work together and know their strengths and weaknesses.
This makes me wonder...is there a chance they'd release a game ala Metal Gear: Ground Zeroes that's a foundation for a bigger project they'd release later in the gen. I could see that being an option if their intent is to be a small studio that grows organically over time.

Cliff Steele

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm insanely hyped for MS' E3 press conference.

So hyped it's almost unbearable.

Like a 6 year old in the 2 weeks before christmas.

Please send help.

Deltoid

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
London, UK
I think it's fair to say that Coalition have been a level higher than 343 in regards to graphics up until now, but we can't judge what the current 343 team can pull off until we see more of Halo Infinite

Deleted member 36493

User requested account closure
Dec 19, 2017
$

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
The engine swap is gonna be interesting to watch tho. Hopefully they took the tight controls and low latency of the previous engine with them.

Cliff Steele

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm not really concerned when it comes to the graphics department of MS' first party games. Most of them look ace. Gears 4, Forza Motorsport and Horizon, even Halo 5 on X...

Remo Williams

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 13, 2018

That's total nonsense. Some corners have been cut to achieve 60 fps, definitely, but in most places Halo 5 still looks good even on the base console. On the X it's gorgeous. Halo 3 was also great for its time in some respects, while lacking in others, but there's nothing in 343i's games as ugly as human characters in Halo 3.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
The engine swap is gonna be interesting to watch tho. Hopefully they took the tight controls and low latency of the previous engine with them.

I really hope for Infinite, they have a trailer that shows clips from CE, 2, 3, 4, 5 and then pans up to Chief showing off SlipSpace and the scale and detail available to 343i thanks to the new engine.

jem

Oct 25, 2017

Bububu the lightning.

Lol, what?

Halo 5 is gorgeous, especially considering it's 60fps.

Status
Not open for further replies.