• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Steelyuhas

Oct 27, 2017
The engine swap is gonna be interesting to watch tho. Hopefully they took the tight controls and low latency of the previous engine with them.
Still their internal engine, so I'm sure they kept those core aspects affecting how Halo controls and "feels". It's not like they switched to unreal where something like that would have to be rebuilt from scratch.

Vj27

Feb 10, 2019
Lol, what?

Halo 5 is gorgeous, especially considering it's 60fps.
Halo 5 had gorgeous scenery and foliage and all that jazz. Lightings great, environments look great. Cuts scenes look great but dear lord the art style, all the new Spartans look like they got their armor made from fisher price. And when I first loaded up the game I legit thought my Xbox/disc was broke when the enemy models do the half a frame thing at a distance, really rebooted my Xbox and everything until I found out that's just how it was. Games gorgeous, art style is meh though. I love halo waaaaaaaaay more than gears but gears 4 for sure looks better.

Superman2x7

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
If you would've told me this is CGI ... I would've believed you.

ReasonableBewitchedHyracotherium.gif

The Coalition will bring the animation / facial expression / general visuals done by XGS to the next level.

I keep forgetting all Microsoft games are gonna be on Gamepass, I was about to attempt to put down a preorder at gamestop so they gave me $5.

The game looks gorgeous, I truly believe people are going to be blown away by this game not just by its visuals but from how different it plays. I dont think the difference will be as big as God of War but I do feel like it's going to blow people away. The trailer for this has me so hyped. I wasnt blown away by the Gears 4 trailer but everything about 5 just looks AMAZING.

Vj27

Feb 10, 2019
Reveal Cortana was controlled by the Didact.
Sadly, I'd rather her be dead again. Seems weird to kill her off a second time but I'd probably cry like a little bitch like I did at the end of halo 4 lol. I don't want them pulling a Locke and shifting focus on new characters but Cortana's original death was heart breaking and easily THE most emotional scene in all of halo (followed by chiefs talk with lasky, when he goes "you say that like soldiers and humanity are two different things, we're all just people" walks away and chief whispers to himself "she told me that once" while gazing at earth, Shit had me in tears 😭) and I kind of want them to correct that. They could bring her back but I like the way they ended things with 4, I was content with that goodbye.

Apr 6, 2018
Reveal Cortana was controlled by the Didact.
Which doesn't make any sense with the didact when you have the fucking ABBADON.
Still it was a plot point originally planned for halo 3 , in reach there's an easter egg about the AIs debating on controlling the mankind directly or subtely.
She's not a puppet, she's just doing what an AI would do, a lesser evil approach to a chaotic galaxy. Example given: in bad blood the Ais brings food and order to the grunt/ungoy's homeland balaho. The proof is that she's really hurt when MC refuses to follow her, because for her his upport was taken for granted, and that scene is an explicit mirror of the reletionship between the didact and his wife the librarian(and John and Dr Halsey, so Cortana, are heirs of the didact and the librarian's geasses) whe she put the didact into the cryptum unless he would have accepted the lesser evil approach.

Apr 6, 2018
60979319_1803330799766778_7001093204137213952_n.jpg

I saw this thing popping several times around, it's obviously fake because the hunters/lekgolos in multiplayer are an obvious bullshit.
Still the part with the hobbits make so much sense for the readers of the expanded universe of halo that is almost creepy
Edit:
this dude is crazy af, the fucking fortencho? he was killed and composed even before than Halo: Cryptum

Last edited:

doyneamite

Oct 26, 2018
There's probably no chance of this happening, but I would love to see the new Playdead game show up during the conference. I know they like to take their time. So excited about their next game - loved Limbo and Inside, especially. It's been almost 2 and a half years since this tweet:

Superman2x7

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
60979319_1803330799766778_7001093204137213952_n.jpg

I saw this thing popping several times around, it's obviously fake because the hunters/lekgolos in multiplayer are an obvious bullshit.
Still the part with the hobbits make so much sense for the readers of the expanded universe of halo that is almost creepy
Edit:
this dude is crazy af, the fucking fortencho? he was killed and composed even before than Halo: Cryptum

This screams fan fiction, didn't 343 already come out and say this one is an open world? Or am I making sh*t up?

Apr 6, 2018
This screams fan fiction, didn't 343 already come out and say this one is an open world? Or am I making sh*t up?
nope they had to confirm open world, and I hope it will neve rbe confirmed.
The guy unveils he's a guy who just read a few halopedia's pages when he mentions the character of fortencho as still alive.
The only thing that made sense are the homo florensis, aka the hobbits

knightmawk

Dec 12, 2018

I don't think they have, just that there's freedom in the level design or something.

It's also almost certainly at least partially if not entirely a joke for two reasons.

A) Hobbits are not a space faring race
2) How exactly would the Spartans look surprised at an incoming army? Put their hands up to their visors and gasp?

Falcon511

Oct 27, 2017
Nobody said it was open world officially. God of war was not open world just had a hub that lead off to different sections. I can see it being more like that.

That was hilarious about the hobbits. However this ring did inhabit human life and perhaps they have learned to survive. They are decedents of the humans that once lived there and have evolved differently from earth humans.

However take that with a grain of salt.

Apr 6, 2018
I don't think they have, just that there's freedom in the level design or something.

It's also almost certainly at least partially if not entirely a joke for two reasons.

A) Hobbits are not a space faring race
2) How exactly would the Spartans look surprised at an incoming army? Put their hands up to their visors and gasp?
"Hobbit" is the joke nome fot the real life human race of homo floresiensis, called "hobbits" because they were short, and in halo universe the different human races fought together against the forerunners led by the same leader, the lord of the admirals, Fortencho. So, like the brontotheriums showed in the last e3 trailer, they can still live isolated on the installation 07 while the rest of the galaxy think they are exinct 12 thousands years ago in indonesia.
Installation 07 was built as an human farm because the Faber of Will and Might used them as guinea pigs in his research facility, the palace of pain. This explains why it's full of massive mammals, so the humans could hunt them

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
God damn.

Remind me to play this one my One X, never got around to it. Stunning man..

Also the conference times .. may be some validity to it since MS is the only main platform there? Who knows.
Yeah I would've redownloaded it on my One X if it wasn't so huge, same with Gears 4. I wish they implemented the feature they did in MCC where you could download only the singleplayer campaign.

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I would've redownloaded it on my One X if it wasn't so huge, same with Gears 4. I wish they implemented the feature they did in MCC where you could download only the singleplayer campaign.
So glad my 200+ MB connection has no limits, download sizes are a thing of the past for me. For now at least lol.

Kasey

Nov 1, 2017
Boise
I thought all of Halo 5's cutscenes were at least pre-rendered.

They have some seriously good character artists at 343.

Katarn343

Jan 22, 2018
México - United States
Lol to the guy saying that introducing ancient humans goes against a simpler direction to the franchise. Introducing obscure themes =/= convoluted narrative. They can do whatever they want with the story as long as exposition and in-game explanations are available. Besides, it's not like ancient humans is such an esoteric theme to the franchise now.

If all of this is true, then that's my dream Halo game. I mean, I always knew that I'd be there day one, but Jesus. I love this.

In Amber Clad

static and disarray
Aug 26, 2018
London
You can see the ancient human language carved in stone in the slipspace engine demo, btw.

Not that I think 343 will go seriously in-depth with the EU stuff in the game, though - it would only serve to make it impenetrable to those of us who aren't mad enough to read all the books, graphic novels, waypoint lore posts etc.

>. >

<. <

Ahem.

Edit: I will say that I think it would behoove them to explain the ancient human storyline a bit better this time around. There's nothing massively convoluted to it, but it was pretty vague in Halo 4 and I could well imagine that those that hadn't read the Bear trilogy might have felt a little lost. Just a short section of downtime where, say, Halsey explains some recent findings to the group/player would do it.

Staller

May 8, 2019
An Halopedia admin is on fire on twitter tonight

Nice little details. Didn't mind Spartan abilities but I can understand how some of them broke the sandbox.

Simpler Direction
Never understood the 'simpler direction' and 'simpler story' narrative that ppl ran with after Bonnie Ross's interview a few years back. All she said was their focus on transmedia content was confusing ppl who only played the game. Their plan going forward was to cut back on transmedia story telling and put that content in the game, to craft a complete story.

For Example
If you didn't watch the all Librarian's terminal story in H4, it was a confusing story. Watch them and it's complete re-frames the whole Halo Universe. If you didn't read the books you didn't know the Didact was suffering from the logic plague insanity in H4. Without the books you didn't even know who the Didact was and how he was a mirror of Chief. Child soldiers knowing nothing but war, fighting for their people. Comics after H4 had the Didact surviving and fighting Blue Team. If you had only played the game, you wouldn't know what the logic plague was and how it's one of the Flood's great weapons. Getting AIs to turn on their Masters, such a powerful weapon.

Now imagine leaving Cortana with a Gravemind for 3 days, combine that with rampancy. Wonder if you would get an evil entity? Always believed Evil Cortana is part of Gravemind's and 343i's backup plan for the Flood.

H4 and H5's stories rely on key story elements told in other media and not in the game. If 343i are going to change Halo from a 'power fantasy' game into a more story/power game. You need to tell a story with all the elements in the game for people to piece them together. Extra Development Time is the most exciting element of H:I development.

Detective

Oct 27, 2017
Based on Gears 4 and Halo 5.

Halo 5 looked so goddamn bad before the X. Reminded me of Bungie's atrocious Halo 3 character models and graphics.

Bububu the lightning.

In terms of 1st graphics, I only trust the British (Rare and Playground) to deliver along with The Coalition.

Yup, I consider it very ugly. Don't care if it's 60fps on campaign, it was ugly.
Better on X but still.

knightmawk

Dec 12, 2018
You can see the ancient human language carved in stone in the slipspace engine demo, btw.

Not that I think 343 will go seriously in-depth with the EU stuff in the game, though - it would only serve to make it impenetrable to those of us who aren't mad enough to read all the books, graphic novels, waypoint lore posts etc.

>. >

<. <

Ahem.

Edit: I will say that I think it would behoove them to explain the ancient human storyline a bit better this time around. There's nothing massively convoluted to it, but it was pretty vague in Halo 4 and I could well imagine that those that hadn't read the Bear trilogy might have felt a little lost. Just a short section of downtime where, say, Halsey explains some recent findings to the group/player would do it.

I agree about the EU stuff being risky, I read all the books and kept up with stuff during the original Trilogy, but I fell off it after a while, and when I finally played Halo 4 I felt like I missed an entire game. I was seriously confused, kept looking for a prequel game I'd missed or a cutscene I'd accidentally skipped. Turned out there were some comics? I'm still not really sure.

Halo 5 felt better, even though the story jumped a bit from the ending of 4 without me. It had a kind of breakneck start that I didn't mind, it literally starts with you jumping out of a plane and running down a mountain, and then the rest unfolded fine.

A lot of people hate on the ending of 5 and the direction of the story, but the ending was probably my favorite part, I'm looking forward to the way Infinite goes, they've got good bones they just need to work on the actual story telling.

Burrman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't been following gaming news that much for awhile. Any juicy MS rumours lately? Games wise?

Status
Not open for further replies.