Xbox Game Studios |OT5| The Cult of Phil in the Age of Booty: A Case Study

Jun 22, 2018
I absolutely loved most of the visuals of Halo 5. Only area that I didn't love was the glassed planet. I think they could have taken that idea and made something more interesting.

OneBadMutha

Nov 2, 2017
I absolutely loved most of the visuals of Halo 5. Only area that I didn't love was the glassed planet. I think they could have taken that idea and made something more interesting.
I thought it was inconsistent. Some areas were incredible looking. Others wouldn’t have looked good as an Xbox 360 game. The glassed planet you mention is the one that really sticks out for me. Everything on that level looked awful. It looked like a different game. Other levels, like the first one were a mixed bag. It’s like some parts of it had placeholder textures. When you look at the inconsistency, to me it was a sign of a rushed game. Seeing where 343’s highs were and knowing that they have a new engine and 66% more dev time, I’m expecting great things this time.

tutomos

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know how many times I'm going to say this but F Nintendo style presentations. Glad Microsoft is going all in live.

Samurai G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
Denver, CO
I just hope the pacing and schedule is well thought out.

Home run after home run will dilute announcements and plenty can get drowned under water.

I'm so excited though. Ready to pre order my anaconda day 0.

Neural

Oct 27, 2017
Halo 5 Real Time Cutscene:
Please stop. Or y'all end up having me re-playing the whole game again on X, and my backlog can't allow it.

Pretty much what I'm expecting at E3. Many people are expecting a gameplay showcase, but I believe that will be at next E3. This time I think they'll show more of the game's world rendered by the engine, maybe some action scenes or character close-ups and, if we're really lucky, an example of Slipspace rendering on Anaconda devkits.

Flux

Oct 28, 2017
Even Gears 4 multiplayer which runs at 60fps looks better than Halo 5. Thankfully for 343i, Halo Infinite looks beautiful.

Falcon511

Oct 27, 2017
Please stop. Or y'all end up having me re-playing the whole game again on X, and my backlog can't allow it.

Pretty much what I'm expecting at E3. Many people are expecting a gameplay showcase, but I believe that will be at next E3. This time I think they'll show more of the game's world rendered by the engine, maybe some action scenes or character close-ups and, if we're really lucky, an example of Slipspace rendering on Anaconda devkits.
That would be a smart idea actually. Sony set the tone for what tech will be in next gen consoles. MS should set the tone for what games will look like next gen. Hell they should show games loading off the NVME storage they are rumored to have in the consoles. Honestly if they do that, I believe they could generate a ton of buzz, probably more so than the wired article since there will be official video of this.

Or maybe Sony will surprise us before E3 with something. But still, they need to talk big this E3.