• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NippleViking

May 2, 2018
2 hours is "reserved time" i suppose. They always try to make it in 90 minutes
Not really - they've been way less anal about sticking close to 90 minutes for a few years now. 2017 was 101 minutes, and 2018 was 98. Xcloud, Gamepass, next-gen, and a surplus of 3rd parties could easily stretch this show longer than normal.

Deleted member 18951

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Two weeks, fourteen days, a fortnight.

We're in the endgame now so I think it is only right that this lady makes an appearance again. Buckle up folks :)

mikefizzled

Jan 8, 2018
If they do go the distance, I hope they balance the timings out a little. The Division 2, Fallout 76 and Forza Horizon 4 took over 20 minutes combined.

predrag

Oct 27, 2017
Man, I wish MS/Xbox to improve their online store presence and discoverability. I was searching for "the division 2" and the PlayStation store is first suggested and they even run ads for it. Xbox store is on the 5th page of Google results (at least in my region). And there are many more examples where PSN version of the game is first or sponsored link. In the digital age, they should be much much better with store promotion.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Remember there is also inside xbox the next day. I expect some games and expansions also there.

Sawzer

Nov 5, 2017
Not really - they've been way less anal about sticking close to 90 minutes for a few years now. 2017 was 101 minutes, and 2018 was 98. Xcloud, Gamepass, next-gen, and a surplus of 3rd parties could easily stretch this show longer than normal.

What i wanted to say is that we shouldn't look to much into this timetable because it is not the first year when we see this kind of schedule with 120 mins mentioned

Remo Williams

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 13, 2018
So are we expecting new MS studio announcements for E3? It seems like a lot of that chatter has died down.

Of course. This and the previous thread are chock full of those discussions, it's something that's already been dissected from almost every angle. At this point we can only make guesses, more will be revealed in a couple of weeks. I'm expecting them to match their X018 announcements at the very least, although I'm hoping for big surprises (like studios from regions other than NA and UK).

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
Remember there is also inside xbox the next day. I expect some games and expansions also there.

I imagine they'll punt some DLC stuff (SoD2, We Happy Few) to that show, as well as some of the inXile stuff like Bards Tale IV, maybe deep dive the PC stuff also.

Last edited:

Eroke

Oct 27, 2017
All aboard the Hype Infinity?
ysPULkW.jpg

*** One refresh per day ***

me!!!

Apr 6, 2018
Lol to the guy saying that introducing ancient humans goes against a simpler direction to the franchise. Introducing obscure themes =/= convoluted narrative. They can do whatever they want with the story as long as exposition and in-game explanations are available. Besides, it's not like ancient humans is such an esoteric theme to the franchise now.

If all of this is true, then that's my dream Halo game. I mean, I always knew that I'd be there day one, but Jesus. I love this.
ehi the dude is still a Jez 's writer on windows central.

We had to remember that this will be the first halo released concurrently on a new console, on pc and on whatever device via xCloud, so they had to balance it for a new audience who never played the 5 main games before(9 including reach, odst and wars saga), not including the books and the comics.
Ancient human are just so weird, it's almost a return to the pulp fiction scifi where the main character had to fight other humans, among aliens, which have an inferior society but a superior war technology, like John Carter. I'm intrigued because it will be a post modern triumph of the scifi pop tropes, but the general public will appreciate that?
You can see the ancient human language carved in stone in the slipspace engine demo, btw.

Not that I think 343 will go seriously in-depth with the EU stuff in the game, though - it would only serve to make it impenetrable to those of us who aren't mad enough to read all the books, graphic novels, waypoint lore posts etc.

>. >

<. <

Ahem.

Edit: I will say that I think it would behoove them to explain the ancient human storyline a bit better this time around. There's nothing massively convoluted to it, but it was pretty vague in Halo 4 and I could well imagine that those that hadn't read the Bear trilogy might have felt a little lost. Just a short section of downtime where, say, Halsey explains some recent findings to the group/player would do it.
No one read the GB trilogy before halo 4, because the third book was published in 2013
Remember that will be written for the new pubblic like I said above, so this could be a both benefit for having more freedom since the audience will approach it with a blank slate approach and an hazzard
Nice little details. Didn't mind Spartan abilities but I can understand how some of them broke the sandbox.

Simpler Direction
Never understood the 'simpler direction' and 'simpler story' narrative that ppl ran with after Bonnie Ross's interview a few years back. All she said was their focus on transmedia content was confusing ppl who only played the game. Their plan going forward was to cut back on transmedia story telling and put that content in the game, to craft a complete story.

For Example
If you didn't watch the all Librarian's terminal story in H4, it was a confusing story. Watch them and it's complete re-frames the whole Halo Universe. If you didn't read the books you didn't know the Didact was suffering from the logic plague insanity in H4. Without the books you didn't even know who the Didact was and how he was a mirror of Chief. Child soldiers knowing nothing but war, fighting for their people. Comics after H4 had the Didact surviving and fighting Blue Team. If you had only played the game, you wouldn't know what the logic plague was and how it's one of the Flood's great weapons. Getting AIs to turn on their Masters, such a powerful weapon.

Now imagine leaving Cortana with a Gravemind for 3 days, combine that with rampancy. Wonder if you would get an evil entity? Always believed Evil Cortana is part of Gravemind's and 343i's backup plan for the Flood.

H4 and H5's stories rely on key story elements told in other media and not in the game. If 343i are going to change Halo from a 'power fantasy' game into a more story/power game. You need to tell a story with all the elements in the game for people to piece them together. Extra Development Time is the most exciting element of H:I development.
They never cut the expanded universe, it still affects main character, simply they are building mistery around the nature of the next game, comics and books were extremely useful to guess what the direction would have been
I've never found halo 4 confusing and I've found only two terminals in my first run, it was easy to understand. IMHO it's a peculiar game because you had to dig to find hidden connections and details, like the asoiaf books, it's understandable on a simple level but to connect everything you had to read/play it again.
I was confused by halo 3 and how it dumbed down everything from 3
Gears 5 will be the game of the show in regards to Microsoft's showcase. Overall though, I'm going with Cyberpunk 2077.
right now it looks a game engineered for be appreciated by the casual crowd, so I agree.

Fuck anxiety, now I'm escited and hyped
Pretty much what I'm expecting at E3. Many people are expecting a gameplay showcase, but I believe that will be at next E3. This time I think they'll show more of the game's world rendered by the engine, maybe some action scenes or character close-ups and, if we're really lucky, an example of Slipspace rendering on Anaconda devkits.
So like the spiderman demo for ps5's ssd?
Makes sense.

Dyashen

Dec 20, 2017
Belgium
I definitely feel confident in XGS bringing back the MS Flight Sim franchise in the upcoming two/three years. It would make sense with them focusing on more than just console players. It's also one of their most succesful pc franchises, so with renewed investment it seems like a no-brainer.

tanky

Banned
Apr 2, 2019
I'm two levels deep into Guardians and while the 4k update helps, it's not much of a looker. The game running at 60 FPS certainly gives it leeway.

Edit:

The number of enemies on screen at a time including your squad members is impressive, especially in larger environments apposed to a linear corridor. The game certainly doesn't look bad.

Last edited:

Deleted member 36493

User requested account closure
Dec 19, 2017
Really hope we get a live gameplay demo of Gears 4/Halo 5 at E3. Really enjoyed those games and would rather get gameplay for an old game that I do like than a new game that I won't

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017

Odesu

Oct 26, 2017
Holy Shit.

ANCIENT HUMANS?!
LORD OF ADMIRALS?!

ARE THEY GOING BACK TO THE GREG BEAR FORERUNNER TRILOGY?!?! I'M SORRY I'M SHOUTING. THAT'S THE BEST PART OF THE HALO LORE. I THOUGHT THAT SHT WAS DEAD AND BURIED AFTER THE DIDACT.

Please be true.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Another reason to be skeptical is the lack of Mendicant Bias in the leaks - they're going to have to bring them in at some point, dammit. Only way you beat a metastable super-AI is with another metastable super-AI!

Apr 6, 2018
Xbox One 's Backwards Compatibility announcement in 2015 was the best E3 moment of this decade.

Change my mind.
Rod Fergusson presenting gears pop
where did you found the picture?
The idea that Halo 5 is ugly is laughable.
It has its flaws, but its haters brought it to a next level
I have a question. If we assume that there won't be a console reveal this year and instead, MS decides to drop info similar to the Project Scorpio, what are the chances to see some next gen Gameplay videos (or teasers) For both FP and Third Party games?
As far as i can remember, In E3 2012 while there were no console reveals, Companies like Ubisoft announced and showcased games like Watch Dogs 1...
Would something similar happen this year as well?
BTW 2019 is the first fiscal year since 2009 that Ubisoft did not only reveal a new AC game, but also did not release a smaller/remastered game. So now that there are no AC games, will it be possible for them to showcase a next gen AC on either their conference or Microsoft's?
Bonnie Ross (or was chris lee?) talked about a slipsace demonstration on stage, so it could happen

Vj27

Feb 10, 2019
I mean we know for a fact anchient humans are GOING to be in infinite. So I kinda believe these hobbit and neanderthals rumors. Somewhat, I remember a terminal in halo 4 showed the humans after they go dna bombed to square one, and they were all just regular vanilla humans. I'm 50/50 on this one.

I 100% believe the sprint, slide, and clamber (I'm thinking there gonna make it sekiro esq as in you can only clamber on certain obvious objects, that one lil change would put skill based jumping back in halo again) only rumor. Halo 5 shot right back into the esports scene with its updated halo gameplay, I know the super hardcore (which I consider myself) want classic halo (FYI I think halo 5 was the perfect mix of new and old. Besides spartan charge, I actually do like ground pound, it's useless but fun) gameplay but I love playing MCC and and I know my COD/Destiny era friends from this generation wouldn't touch classic halo with a 9 yard stick sadly.

Kids today really will not play a game if they can't easily (with the only exception being from software games, god bless them) be good at it lol, it's sad. Enhanced mobility doesn't make the game easier per say but it sure as hell makes it more familiar to what casuals are accustomed to today, so leaving those abilities was a (well if it's true) wise choice.

m23

Oct 25, 2017
Holy Shit.

ANCIENT HUMANS?!
LORD OF ADMIRALS?!

ARE THEY GOING BACK TO THE GREG BEAR FORERUNNER TRILOGY?!?! I'M SORRY I'M SHOUTING. THAT'S THE BEST PART OF THE HALO LORE. I THOUGHT THAT SHT WAS DEAD AND BURIED AFTER THE DIDACT.

Please be true.

Well the game is set on installation 07 apparently, where Primordium took place. I'm sure there will be some connections with the Greg Bear books.

But with regards to the Admiral, I thought he was totally out of the picture, can't remember what happened to him now.

Also I have a feeling Chakas/ 343 will return.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
Xbox Hype Infinity
Refresh #1
Oa4B8CL.jpg
Add me to the ship, pls. M$ is easily the most interesting conference this year with Sony skipping E3. Hope to see Halo Infinite, Fable Cyberpunk and at least a teaser for what Obsidian is working on (might be too early, I know). Add in some resurrected franchise like Shadowrun, Crimons Skies and Mechassault and of course all the third-party-stuff that will be shown because Sony isn't there.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Why going with Mendicant when they have Guilty Spark and Abbadon?
Guilty Spark spent too much time as a joke character (and monitors in general have that flavor - just look at Exuberant) and Abaddon is dead or... something, but regardless, it's exceptionally unfriendly. Also too powerful for this.
Well the game is set on installation 07 apparently, where Primordium took place. I'm sure there will be some connections with the Greg Bear books.

But with regards to the Admiral, I thought he was totally out of the picture, can't remember what happened to him now.

Also I have a feeling Chakas/ 343 will return.
Chakas is what happened to him. He's stuck in the back of whatever monitors have that passes for a brain.

Apr 6, 2018
I mean we know for a fact anchient humans are GOING to be in infinite. So I kinda believe these hobbit and neanderthals rumors. Somewhat, I remember a terminal in halo 4 showed the humans after they go dna bombed to square one, and they were all just regular vanilla humans. I'm 50/50 on this one.

I 100% believe the sprint, slide, and clamber (I'm thinking there gonna make it sekiro esq as in you can only clamber on certain obvious objects, that one lil change would put skill based jumping back in halo again) only rumor. Halo 5 shot right back into the esports scene with its updated halo gameplay, I know the super hardcore (which I consider myself) want classic halo (FYI I think halo 5 was the perfect mix of new and old. Besides spartan charge, I actually do like ground pound, it's useless but fun) gameplay but I love playing MCC and and I know my COD/Destiny era friends from this generation wouldn't touch classic halo with a 9 yard stick sadly.

Kids today really will not play a game if they can't easily (with the only exception being from software games, god bless them) be good at it lol, it's sad. Enhanced mobility doesn't make the game easier per say but it sure as hell makes it more familiar to what casuals are accustomed to today, so leaving those abilities was a (well if it's true) wise choice.
But they are still alive? there were human expeditions on 07 and they reported to the unsc about alien deers and the fauna. So the ring wasn't hit by a major catastrophe that extinct everything, and maybe monitors had to preserve the fauna(07 was a human farm that forerunners used as guinea pigs), but why the unsc expeditions didn't found them?
All that the trailer showed were relics, so those could be old structures from the forerunner era

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
humanity is the enemy. i posted something similar in the halo community thread but how factual a halo leak turns out to be inversely proportional to how absurd it sounds and what the community would want. so, this is 100% legit

Status
Not open for further replies.