• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017
Xbox Hype Infinity
Refresh #2
omGRlV0.jpg
Lookin good dude. Amazing work!

Dyashen

Dec 20, 2017
Belgium
I'm super curious if we'll see Atriox again play a (prominent) role in Halo Infinite. I absolutely loved this addition (including the banished) to the Halo universe.

QuaintPitifulAnaconda-size_restricted.gif

Dec 25, 2018
Apr 6, 2018
User banned (3 days): Using an ableist slur, history of similar behavior.
I'm super curious if we'll see Atriox again play a (prominent) role in Halo Infinite. I absolutely loved this addition (including the banished) to the Halo universe.

Love how hw2 turned brutes from being random retarded gorillas to a proper tribal/warrior culture, even if he appears only a few times Atriox looks brutal and intelligent, he sparks charism

RedSparrows

Prophet of Regret
Feb 22, 2019

I can kinda see a game that, being a bit more open, perhaps offers choice in terms of mission order, and different areas/missions having different factions: conceivably Banished, Covie, Prommie, Flood, Hobbits?!!!! (gonna have to be sold really well imo, if at all true, as EU stuff just doesn't do it for INSERTSIGNIFICANT% of potnetial Halo players imo) etc.

knightmawk

Dec 12, 2018
While I understand that the early human stuff is part of the Halo lore, and I fully expect it to incorporated in some way, but the things I've seen so far all seem too far out for a mainline game. Especially a sci-fi first person shooter. This feels like the equivalent of Star Wars Episode IX beginning with an invasion of the Yuzhan Vong. Neanderthals and Hobbits would also just look really really odd. In place or not, they're bound to look a bit uncanny.

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
While I understand that the early human stuff is part of the Halo lore, and I fully expect it to incorporated in some way, but the things I've seen so far all seem too far out for a mainline game. Especially a sci-fi first person shooter. This feels like the equivalent of Star Wars Episode IX beginning with an invasion of the Yuzhan Vong. Neanderthals and Hobbits would also just look really really odd. In place or not, they're bound to look a bit uncanny.

stupid speculation time... brutes are modern descendants of our shared ape ancestors, and will be present on the ring. we'll fight alongside of them.

Remo Williams

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 13, 2018
stupid speculation time... brutes are modern descendants of our shared ape ancestors, and will be present on the ring. we'll fight alongside of them.

It has potential to be cool, only Brutes are not really apes. In Halo 2 they were modelled after apes, in Halo 3 they were modelled after rhinos, in other games... Well, it depends. I think they're just aliens.

That said, I know almost nothing about the Halo EU.

EDIT: Having rewatched the Et Tu Brute vidoc, they actually say that they used both rhinos and gorillas for reference. I don't know, maybe it's just me who's always considered them more like rhinos in H3, kind of like I've always thought of 343i's Grunts being modelled after sharks, and Bungie's Grunts after... Uh, raisins?

Last edited:

Vj27

Feb 10, 2019
But they are still alive? there were human expeditions on 07 and they reported to the unsc about alien deers and the fauna. So the ring wasn't hit by a major catastrophe that extinct everything, and maybe monitors had to preserve the fauna(07 was a human farm that forerunners used as guinea pigs), but why the unsc expeditions didn't found them?
All that the trailer showed were relics, so those could be old structures from the forerunner era
Yeah there still alive, zeta halo (infinite's halo ring) is the ring where didact did human experiments WITH the flood and everything. Mendicant bias is there too I think, and more importantly I'm pretty sure there's some pre-cursor grave mind there as well. The humans though ran away from the didact and his goons because well, the horrific experiments being done to them and all. So there definitely alive, and they definitely been living on that ring for a loooooong time. Should check out hidden Experia on YouTube he breaks all this stuff down. It's really exciting for us halo lore fans because man o man you guys don't even Know what love-craftian shit is about to go down in these next few halo games. I'm hoping with all this pre cursor and lore in the campaign talk, this'll be 343's best chance to give us the halo horror-esq game we've always wanted. I'm quite sure there doubling down on the mysterious alien worlds and goals and such, like the original halos that always had you guessing WITH the main characters like wtf is going on, but More importantly I'm hoping they give us that sense of dread again, like reach and ODST and halo 3. Makes trailers like believe (or was it hope? The little toy figure halo 3 commercial) all more hopeful and exciting when you KNOW/STARTING to know what astronomical alien odds are against you. God I'm so hyped lol.

predrag

Oct 27, 2017
The moment Xbox had awesome 3rd party reveals (Sekiro, DMCV, Cyberpunk 2077...) narrative shifted to "but they are multiplats". Like, who cares... They were part of great E3 show. People will find any excuse just to trash talk :/.

Oct 25, 2017
The moment Xbox had awesome 3rd party reveals (Sekiro, DMCV, Cyberpunk 2077...) narrative shifted to "but they are multiplats". Like, who cares... They were part of great E3 show. People will find any excuse just to trash talk :/.
twitter and other places have ingrained tribalism about which plastic box they buy their games on. Its like they cant be happy that a game is coming out, and see it as a slight if its not debuted on their box.

Yeah, this sounds like crap. There isnt a reason for humanity to fight ancient humanity... also the didact in h4 wasnt FORCED to fight. he was gung-ho about it

NippleViking

May 2, 2018
I hate almost everything about that Halo leak, so I'm leaning toward it being true. 'Hobbit Infinite' gonna be sitting alongside 'Halo 4 Barn leak', as one of the greatest leaks of all time lmao.

Vj27

Feb 10, 2019
Ok can someone just tell me why I should care about his dudes tweets? I'm expecting first party heavily at E3, but that's just me using common sense. Is he an insider or something? What's his track record? Lol I just want to know if I should add his tweets to my already through the roof excitement or not.

Dec 31, 2017
What's everyone's take for Halo Infinite's showing at E3. Will it be running on X or on next gen Xbox to give an example of what it's capable of? Game is cross gen as far as rumours go, wonder how they'll decide to show it.

plié

Alt account
Banned
Jan 10, 2019
That Halo leak is so goooood <3

Always felt they needed more factions and fantasy elements. I loved 3,and I am really indifferent to the rest of the series.

Apr 6, 2018
Yeah there still alive, zeta halo (infinite's halo ring) is the ring where didact did human experiments WITH the flood and everything. Mendicant bias is there too I think, and more importantly I'm pretty sure there's some pre-cursor grave mind there as well. The humans though ran away from the didact and his goons because well, the horrific experiments being done to them and all. So there definitely alive, and they definitely been living on that ring for a loooooong time. Should check out hidden Experia on YouTube he breaks all this stuff down. It's really exciting for us halo lore fans because man o man you guys don't even Know what love-craftian shit is about to go down in these next few halo games. I'm hoping with all this pre cursor and lore in the campaign talk, this'll be 343's best chance to give us the halo horror-esq game we've always wanted. I'm quite sure there doubling down on the mysterious alien worlds and goals and such, like the original halos that always had you guessing WITH the main characters like wtf is going on, but More importantly I'm hoping they give us that sense of dread again, like reach and ODST and halo 3. Makes trailers like believe (or was it hope? The little toy figure halo 3 commercial) all more hopeful and exciting when you KNOW/STARTING to know what astronomical alien odds are against you. God I'm so hyped lol.
The didact never did any experiment on a human being, it was the Faber of Will and Might who directed the palace of pain. Mendicant bias was created there, then he fled away.
There were protokeymind,but none of them was mature when the gravemind fled away.
I know what are really floods and why they are the exact opposite of the domain but so similar in their focus on human(and of the other intelligent species obv) conciousness, and that's why I was always pissed by how poorly the main saga treated them until hw2's dlc.
I know who he's but why listening someone making synopsys of thing I've already red is useless. He tends to be a very selective guy taking only the part he found interesting for his theories. Plus like Late Night halo, I can't stand him, simply about the voices and choices of word(but I'm biased because I'm maybe the only old school halo fan who hated the main games until h2 and 4 because the universe in the books were so much better).
You still had to give a valid reason why humans should be alive instead of being dead(which will be obviously one of the main point of the plot, in both the cases) which is not that leak. Until that leak no one thought we're going to met prehistoric races in real gameplay.
So it's difficult to be hyped since my bizzare situation of love for the universe and hate for bungie games(notable exceptions h2 and odst).

Remo Williams

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 13, 2018
What's everyone's take for Halo Infinite's showing at E3. Will it be running on X or on next gen Xbox to give an example of what it's capable of? Game is cross gen as far as rumours go, wonder how they'll decide to show it.

The X version which will look glorious, and people won't believe them. It's a happy medium between OG Xbox One and the PC/Scarlett version which will be shown at a later date. When it comes to Scarlett specifically, they couldn't have had the devkits for very long anyway, and who knows whether the tools and drivers are up to snuff yet.

GamerDude

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Halo is way too far off for me to get hyped about. It's all about Gears 5 and Ori 2 in terms of Microsoft's exclusives right now.

SpinierBlakeD

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2018
I'm more excited for Cyberpunk 2077 than anything Microsoft or Sony have in the pipeline. Like, just show me Cyberpunk and you instantly win E3.

Status
Not open for further replies.