• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dyashen

Dec 20, 2017
Belgium
man, i can't wait for all the possible xbox game pass games to be announced at this E3

also all of you should subscribe to Xbox Game Pass

Odesu

Oct 26, 2017
Greg Bear wrote halo novels? Suddenly I am interested in reading halo novels! This hasn't happened since I found out Brian Evenson wrote Dead Space novels.

I know I'm repeating myself here and I'm gonna stop derailing this thread, I promise, but you should really check out Halo: Cryptum if you have interest in both the author and halo. The best of both worlds! :D

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Woof, I'd rather not :D A lot of the quality of the Forerunner Trilogy is down to Greg Bear's prose. It's so mysterious and weird, completely different from anything else in the Halo Universe. There are various Wikis where you can get the gist of the plot, but that really wouldn't do the story justice imo.
Haha oke. But how does it relate to the leak then? :)

OneBadMutha

Nov 2, 2017
The moment Xbox had awesome 3rd party reveals (Sekiro, DMCV, Cyberpunk 2077...) narrative shifted to "but they are multiplats". Like, who cares... They were part of great E3 show. People will find any excuse just to trash talk :/.

Eh who cares. This trash talk is almost irrelevant in the world of gaming we're going to. Microsoft, the richest mega-corporation in the world, doesn't need us to fight their battles. Just enjoy the games shown. My Elite controller is ready.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Sprint is fine for SP for me and MP also with how they balanced it. I am perfectly fine with it. Ground pound and hover gone i like tho. Never felt like a realistic thing to use mostly and used occasionally that it felt gimmicky.

RavenH2

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina
Haha oke. But how does it relate to the leak then? :)

The origin of some base characters in Halo, cough cough 343 Guilty Spark, are the imprints of said characters, both a florian and a human that accompanied the Iso-Didact
, if my memory doesn't fail me, I could be wrong... it's been a while since I've read greg's books.

Edit: Added the spoiler just in case someone hasn't read the books

Hudsoniscool

Banned
Jun 5, 2018
Sprint is fine for SP for me and MP also with how they balanced it. I am perfectly fine with it. Ground pound and hover gone i like tho. Never felt like a realistic thing to use mostly and used occasionally that it felt gimmicky.
I'm with you. I feel like the spartan charge was also terrible. Sprint is fine, and I like the thruster.

DemonCarnotaur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
NYC
RnW2h4S.jpg

UCNGRGQ.png

halo infinite rumor?

This will never happen but I do love it

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
On the note of being a lore junkie though, the thing about the village of humans/hobbits sets alarms off for this probably being fake. It wouldn't be impossible, just incredibly weird that they got left or placed there. Humans were left on the ring at one point, but they got rescued by the iso-didact, and after the activation of the array, there wouldn't have been a reason to keep them on the ring. Some other detail would have to be introduced to explain that.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm just now catching up on these Halo Infinite "leaks" and I don't care whether it's real or not, these ideas are absolutely hilarious.

mikefizzled

Jan 8, 2018
No idea what numbers they broke but CVG had a quote from a Rare dev that they made lots of money, unfortunately (or conveniently for me!) the original article no longer exists but N4G have the quotes https://n4g.com/news/180397/rare-perfect-dark-and-kameo-sold-phenomenally-well

Both should have had sequels
https://web.archive.org/web/2015013...ct_dark_and_kameo_sold_phenomenally_well.html

https://www.unseen64.net/2011/03/21/perfect-dark-core-xbox-360-cancelled-prototype/

knightmawk

Dec 12, 2018
I have a feeling that the halo leak is legit.

Someone several pages back pointed out that The Lord of Admirals being alive doesn't make sense without fairly large ret-conning, and that the "leaker" probably just read a lot of Halo wiki pages.

I'm not caught up on the Halo novels so I'm not gonna try to explain it but it has something to do with 343 Guilty Spark, anyone can feel fee to jump in on this.

Also the fact that he says the Spartans look surprised when they see the Hunters and Elites at the end of the demo. How? HOW?

Oct 25, 2017
Someone several pages back pointed out that The Lord of Admirals being alive doesn't make sense without fairly large ret-conning, and that the "leaker" probably just read a lot of Halo wiki pages.

I'm not caught up on the Halo novels so I'm not gonna try to explain it but it has something to do with 343 Guilty Spark, anyone can feel fee to jump in on this.

Also the fact that he says the Spartans look surprised when they see the Hunters and Elites at the end of the demo. How? HOW?
no helmets, duh.

GamerDude

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Maybe I'm alone here, but I'm about halfway through Halo 4 and like it a lot more than 2 and 3 so far. This is my first run through the Halo games. I prefer how 343's take on Halo looks, feels, and tells its story. I didn't enjoy Halo 3 much at all.

christocolus

Oct 27, 2017
cod mp with a halo skin over it. changes made to the halo formula just for the sake of it. inconsistent art styles. less focus on the game story and more on ancillary books and comics.
most of all you've stated is so wrong. Bungie made similar mistakes too and besides Halo 5 mp was lauded for being solid. Also how do you know Halo infinite will be like previous games?

Last edited:

mrbobman15

Jan 21, 2019
Maybe I'm alone here, but I'm about halfway through Halo 4 and like it a lot more than 2 and 3 so far. This is my first run through the Halo games. I prefer how 343's take on Halo looks, feels, and tells its story. I didn't enjoy Halo 3 much at all.
If you are playing through MCC I understand why Halo 3 would feel off after finishing Halo 2 anniversary. I had that same feeling first time I played through the Halo games starting with MCC (Unless I count the time I completed Reach while sleeping over at a friends house).

However after completing them all and replaying some of them on different difficulties it has made me appreciate Halo 3 a ton, I really enjoy the level design, the OST and the story.

JINX

Oct 25, 2017
A lot of people like 4's story telling, but be prepared to see it thrown out the window.
Make sure to get all the terminals.

DarthWalden

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017

Halo 4 probably has my second favorite campaign (after 3) and favorite story of them all.

A lot of people didn't like it because it lacked the big pseudo open world levels of the other games but I personally enjoyed the shooting quite a bit.

Halo 5 tried to correct that by making the levels bigger and more open but they still came off as mostly linear So It was kind of a step back in both regards. Plus the squad aspect kind of sucked.

JayWood2010

Oct 27, 2017
I think sprint is fine in Halo. The map design in my honest opinion is what needs improvement, and maybe limit grenades a bit more. I think its far too easy to spam grenades the way it was in Halo 5. Just my opinion.

Steverulez yes Perfect Dark Zero, Kameo, and even Viva Pinatas sold well. Kameo and Viva Pinatas is actually some of Rare's best work ever. I wish they didnt have so many canceled projects during the X360 era, but none the less still super excited for their next game announcement.

Status
Not open for further replies.