• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Azerth

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
anything fable will be like what 343 did with halo infinite last year.

SlipperyMoose

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Why would you dream this? They already make high quality, big budget Triple A multiplatform games that are commercially successful and critically acclaimed and their studio is doing fine financially. What would a MS buyout do besides exclude future games from PS platform?
Why on earth would you dream about that?

It would've been a sad day for gaming. Acquiring masterclass and prosperous studios isn't something MS, Sony or Nintendo should be doing.

So just to clear things up I don't actually think Microsoft is acquiring them. I do live in the world of reality lol. But to answer your question I think they would do more for Microsoft than Microsoft can do for them. Obviously they make top notch games that would be a flagship studio among the current studio lineup at XGS. They also run GoG which mixed with things like play anywhere, xCloud, gamepass, etc. it could really teach Microsoft how to make an excellent storefront on PC and combine some awesome things MS is doing currently.

Again I don't think think this is actually going to happen it's just a silly thought. CDPR are just fine on their own and MS needs them more than the other way around.

Joseph

Jul 7, 2018
Whatever they do, Danny Elfman needs to be brought back to compose the theme for the new Fable.

Tetrinski

Banned
May 17, 2018
How about Playground´s project shown as a tech demo like Halo last year? That seems more possible and a great way to tease next gen, which we know they´ll do.

Also, why is Splash Damage acquisition never mentioned? They work very closely with Microsoft, I think it makes more sense than other suggestions so I wonder if I´m missing something.

knightmawk

Dec 12, 2018
Assuming Playgrounds second studio is in fact working on Fable and will be in charge of the franchise for the foreseeable future, I wonder if they'll be renamed to reflect that.

All of the other Xbox studios that are working exclusively on a specific franchise are named in reference to that franchise, and I wonder if they'll do that here too. Maybe call them The Guild, or Sandgoose Studios.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
How about Playground´s project shown as a tech demo like Halo last year? That seems more possible and a great way to tease next gen, which we know they´ll do.

Also, why is Splash Damage acquisition never mentioned? They work very closely with Microsoft, I think it makes more sense than other suggestions so I wonder if I´m missing something.
They are already owned.

iareharSon

Oct 30, 2017
If Playground Games truly is making Fable, then all I honestly want is The Witcher 3, Assassins Creed Odyssey, Breath of the Wild, etc with a Fable flair. I think that style of game overlaps perfectly with Fable's universe, and the genre is popular as fuck right now - so if you're trying to reboot Fable - then that's definitely a good way to do so.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So just to clear things up I don't actually think Microsoft is acquiring them. I do live in the world of reality lol. But to answer your question I think they would do more for Microsoft than Microsoft can do for them. Obviously they make top notch games that would be a flagship studio among the current studio lineup at XGS. They also run GoG which mixed with things like play anywhere, xCloud, gamepass, etc. it could really teach Microsoft how to make an excellent storefront on PC and combine some awesome things MS is doing currently.

Again I don't think think this is actually going to happen it's just a silly thought. CDPR are just fine on their own and MS needs them more than the other way around.
MS doesn't need CDPR nor does CDPR need MS. GOG sells DRM free PC games and isn't doing that well financially so I have no idea what you think MS can learn from them?

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
This E3 can be really great for Xbox exclusives tho. Halo Infinite, Gears 5, Ori, Battletoads, Fable, Ninja Theory their game.

Joseph

Jul 7, 2018
Assuming Playgrounds second studio is in fact working on Fable and will be in charge of the franchise for the foreseeable future, I wonder if they'll be renamed to reflect that.

All of the other Xbox studios that are working exclusively on a specific franchise are named in reference to that franchise, and I wonder if they'll do that here too. Maybe call them The Guild, or Sandgoose Studios.
I honestly hope Playground mixes it up and tries new things after Fable. Personally, I would like to see their own take on a gta type game.

REMEMBER
OP
OP
Figments

Figments

Spencer’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
California
WorldPremiere.png

Lookin good, Joker.

Parker Petrov

Nov 1, 2017
Why would you dream this? They already make high quality, big budget Triple A multiplatform games that are commercially successful and critically acclaimed and their studio is doing fine financially. What would a MS buyout do besides exclude future games from PS platform?

Well one reason, there would be reasons to want to this. Sony has a tendency to lock things to there ecosystem so if you aren't invested or able to afford both consoles nothing wrong with wanting something locked into the ecosystem you are invested in.

A second reason, As more large players, enter into the gaming sphere, at some point, there will be a run on gaming companies. As there are getting to be more and more platforms in order for these newer platforms to standout and survive they will need more exclusive content. The biggest advantage Microsoft has right now is that they are already established. So if you believe in that future it would make sense buy now at a cheaper price then buy later at a more expensive price.

I don't think it's a likely acquisition by any means. But I could see a series of events that would make it possible.

Dyashen

Dec 20, 2017
Belgium
What I wouldn't give to play some Persona 4 & 5 on Xbox One.....
I'll be interested to see what Japanese third party games pop up. I think Final Fantasy XIV is pretty safe at this point (pretty sure Taiwanese ratings board leaked quite a while ago).

The FF14 listing got removed, so it's back to waiting for a new rumor to pop up :(

I think we'll see a JP Square game on stage, DQ11 seems like a fair guess but hopefully it points into the direction of what we saw last year in terms of JP support on stage.

Firenoh

Mar 7, 2019
The FF14 listing got removed, so it's back to waiting for a new rumor to pop up :(

I think we'll see a JP Square game on stage, DQ11 seems like a fair guess but hopefully it points into the direction of what we saw last year in terms of JP support on stage.
What Japanese Square games are still felt to announce this gen?

'V'

Banned
May 19, 2018
They wont end with a small Gears 5 clip also. That game comes out this year. It gets a full reveal like mid or early in the show. Its not game you "Cyberpunk" at the end.
Microsoft are all about first party right now so they'll end with some big first party showing I expect. The one big AAA game they're releasing this year is Gears 5 and every Xbox fan will be excited to see more of it so it makes sense to end on some gameplay footage of it.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Microsoft are all about first party right now so they'll end with some big first party showing I expect. The one big AAA game they're releasing this year is Gears 5 and every Xbox fan will be excited to see more of it so it makes sense to end on some gameplay footage of it.
And i think Fable would be perfect for that and closing the show is usually something we haven't seen before or first look. They didnt do Gears even last year at the end and that was even a reveal.

Aokiji

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles
didn't they already tease PG 2nd team was at work on "an open world new experience" last e3. it's not crazy to think they'd mention fable in some capacity. (if that is indeed what they are making)

darthpaxton

Jun 20, 2018
And i think Fable would be perfect for that and closing the show is usually something we haven't seen before or first look. They didnt do Gears even last year at the end and that was even a reveal.
I think they'll go third-party with their final game again. If I'm remembering correctly, Phil said in an interview at E3 last year (I can't remember where and I can't find it right now.) that they're okay giving up the final spot in their press conference to third-party partners because they can give their own games as much exposure that they need and giving up the final spot gives them another way to help build partnerships, build goodwill, and associate games with the brand (even if they're not exclusive).

tanky

Banned
Apr 2, 2019
Xbox is killing it on its indie front and Game Pass has only made the ID@Xbox initiative even better. Titles like Below, Ashen and Mutant Year Zero really helped flesh out their offering last holiday. Void Bastards looks great, there's Afterparty and The Good Life to look forward to, and then we have smaller offerings like a sequel to Ori, Battletoads, etc. I'm pretty excited for the new Game Pass announcements we'll get at E3.

HardlySane117

Banned
May 12, 2019
I'm not sure why, but I always get excited for Xbox E3. Most of the time, I tend to be letdown, but here we are... I'm back and shaking in my space boots. Halo Infinite will be goat and Gears 5 will kick butt, but we need some new goodies. Come on, Phil!

Tsubasa

Apr 29, 2018
Microsoft should really keep an eye on Asobo Studio. Have you watched/played A Plague Tale: Innocence? Astonishing.

Aug 23, 2018
If MS is going to tease/announce their next gen systems, they will (or should) tease some next gen games from their stable of first parties. If a Fable tease (or something else) doesn't happen immediately after they start blabbering on about teraflops I'll be pretty disappointed

Firenoh

Mar 7, 2019
If MS is going to tease/announce their next gen systems, they will (or should) tease some next gen games from their stable of first parties. If a Fable tease (or something else) doesn't happen immediately after they start blabbering on about teraflops I'll be pretty disappointed
I feel like they won't tease next-gen this E3, and instead focus on formally announcing xCloud. Talking about teraflops and specs would just get in the way of their platform-agnostic messaging.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
I was thinking a little about what next gen launch titles are going to be and I would love to see ray tracing in Halo Infinite for the Scarlett consoles and PC. I hope 343i has ray tracing in mind at a really high performance on the new consoles, it could really help define what next gen is going to be.

Grazzt

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Brisbane, Australia
I feel like they won't tease next-gen this E3, and instead focus on formally announcing xCloud. Talking about teraflops and specs would just get in the way of their platform-agnostic messaging.
I think they will. After PS5's reveal, MS needs to tease something to get the spotlight.
Can't wait for this E3, it's been ages since I was so excited about it. Give me Halo 6

Status
Not open for further replies.