• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vj27

Feb 10, 2019
I don't get why they can't wait and do it next year and capitalize on that hype and excitement when pre orders will be available for their next gen console that would also be releasing the same year.
Hype tends to have a tumble affect. I'm pretty sure infinite won't come out this year but regardless they're still going to show it, and regardless people are still going to be insanely hyped for it. Spread word of mouth early and all that. They could, but idk if you aware of the general outlook MS has, sure it's gotten way better. But early hype could help give some more momentum to their underdog status and with E3 being practically theirs, what better time to combat that negative image when the whole gaming industry's eyes are on you.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hype tends to have a tumble affect. I'm pretty sure infinite won't come out this year but regardless they're still going to show it, and regardless people are still going to be insanely hyped for it. Spread word of mouth early and all that. They could, but idk if you aware of the general outlook MS has, sure it's gotten way better. But early hype could help give some more momentum to their underdog status and with E3 being practically theirs, what better time to combat that negative image when the whole gaming industry's eyes are on you.
It's hard to maintain momentum if you hype things too early. You have to be strategic on when you reveal things and how to capitalize on it especially when Sony will be doing their next gen blitz all next year. Not to mention we're still in the current gen with a year and half before next gen starts so it's imperative that MS closes out strong.

Apr 6, 2018
It's interesting to think about how Microsoft would handle juggling Fable, the Obsidian project, and a likely continuation of the Bard's Tale franchise if the Chris Avellone/Obsidian thing is true. Can (or maybe more appropriately, should) Microsoft effectively support three first-person, fantasy RPG series?
No publisher is interested in such a redundancy, if this is the "plan" they will make sure that each one has an unique spin on the genre
Eora is the name of the world in Pillars of Eternity. He's saying Phil Spencer was foolish to buy Obsidian and was tricked.
Oh I see....

Verchod

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So are we likely to get any big first party releases before next gen? Our even not so big ones?

Verchod

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Gears 5, Ori 2, Bleeding Edge and maybe Halo Infinite, what else do you want?
Oh ok. No idea what bleeding edge is. Forgot about Gears. Didn't think we'd get Halo before next-gen. Nice. That's good.
There is a danger for titles to drop away towards the end of a generation when preparing for the next.

knightmawk

Dec 12, 2018
It's interesting to think about how Microsoft would handle juggling Fable, the Obsidian project, and a likely continuation of the Bard's Tale franchise if the Chris Avellone/Obsidian thing is true. Can (or maybe more appropriately, should) Microsoft effectively support three first-person, fantasy RPG series?

Not to be that guy, but Fable isn't likely to be first person. And doesn't Bards Tale have turn based combat?

In Amber Clad

static and disarray
Aug 26, 2018
London
Oh ok. No idea what bleeding edge is. Forgot about Gears. Didn't think we'd get Halo before next-gen. Nice. That's good.
There is a danger for titles to drop away towards the end of a generation when preparing for the next.

Bleeding Edge is supposed to be Ninja Theory's new game. Also, Frank O'Connor reiterated that Infinite will be on XBO just last month.

NimbusCub

Oct 28, 2017
Phoenix
I think theyll announce the new store and Windows Game Pass in their conference but deep dive them the next day in the PC conference, same with MCC rollout dates/flight programs.

Maybe. I realized after my post that Epic Games Store is the main sponsor of the PC showcase, so it'll be interesting if Xbox gets any stagetime at all.

Lukas Taves

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
It would have way more impact and set the tone for next gen if you wait til next year and do it all at once at your next gen reveal blowout event. This year's E3 should be about closing the gen out strong for 2019-20. There is plenty of time before next gen without having to prematurely ejaculate. LOL
But they need the mindshare. From all the stigmas Phil managed to dispel one that persists is that Xbox one exclusives are not worthwhile. Ms has until the next gen launch to rectify that, so it makes sense for them to go nuts this year (though they definitely need to go even nutter next year so I hope they made tons and tons of partnerships on top of the studio expansion)

I agree. I thin MS should go balls out and announce everything that will ship in the next 2 1/2 years. Some of the stuff will just be a title screen slide since it would be farther out, but just announcing the name of the game, a title screen and for games further along in the dev cycle a quick video. After all these years of Phil saying they are working on the 1st party games, it is time at this E3 to show all that work. I don't think they should announce or show anything that is 3+ years out, so the Initiative game would not be shown, but anything else they need to. With Sony out of the picture as far having a press event at E3, MS needs to show/prove that all the investments are showing fruit.
For E3 2020 they go more deep dive into the games shipping that year for the Scarlet launch and shortly after, with teaser stuff for 2021. While Halo & Gears 5 will be great to see, I think fans are wanting to see what all these new first party devs are working on that will be coming out in the next 2 years or so. Even if it just a title screen, I think that would go a long way. I always been a believer that you don't announce stuff that is to far out, but I think it is time MS goes out on a limb and show/announce stuff in development that will be out within 2 years or so.
Yeah, I don't even mean announcing everything. But they need to show the games are coming. Of course, they need to show it will be even better in the future, but they need to start showing the results of all the investments and how that is translating into more and better games.

Sadly, they wont and you know it.
I honestly have no idea... They have a lot of minds to turn, and I think have the E3 for themselves is a better chance at doing it than concentrating just on next year...

Imagine if they hold off their announcements and Nintendo makes a direct with some direct feed footage of Metroid Prime 4? A situation like that would turn into bad press for xbox and dialed up to eleven.

jem

Oct 25, 2017
How do I get in on this ultimate deal?

I'm an insider but I don't seem to have the option for ultimate?

Deleted member 47654

user requested account closure
Banned
Sep 10, 2018
Banjo N. Sane Trilogy.
BleakShadyBlackrussianterrier-size_restricted.gif

Lorul2

Jan 4, 2018
Thank you for your patience; I've heard your cries, so without further ado, my predictions for E3-2019 is here!

(From most likely to least likely - by percentages - that may or may not be totally made up! Here we GO!)

100% - Phil Spencer will come out on stage and say "The future of Xbox could not be better! With Xcloud (X-Stream), a new family of devices, and services, so you can play how you want to play where you want to play. Along with our great partners and new studios making Xbox the best place to play(sic), There is no greater time to join the Xbox Family. Feedback! Choice!

90% - Gameplay from Outer Worlds, Gears 5, and Ninja Theory's new game. (It is at 90 percent what did you expect?)

82% - TEN (10) World Premiere Never seen before games! - That are multiplats.

71% - Kareem Choudhry - X-cloud (X-Stream) Beta coming this holiday.

55% - IO Interactive and Stardock Acquisition announcement.

49.9% - Conference will start with an Xbox/PC exclusive and end with an Xbox/PC exclusive!

39.1% - Shannon Loftis makes her E3 "STAGE" return announcing 3 no 4 AAA Exclusive games from 2nd/3rd party developers
Housemarque
Ubisoft
Capcom
and wait for it ...Remedy Entertainment

22% - No mentions during the E3 briefing, but word will leak out about Microsoft buying Unity Technologies Inc.

10% - Live expanding to many more platforms including more Nintendo titles.

1% - Lisa Su returns the favor to Phil and talks about the wonderful partnership between AMD and Xbox!

0,0001% - Crytek concedes they are not doing well financially and may be looking for a buyout...

That's it see you at E3-2020! I can't afford to go to Fanfest two years in a row. Hey Phil, I promise not to give out any more secrets if you can send me those Fanfest tickets for 2020! CHOICE!

Last edited:

'V'

Banned
May 19, 2018
What games would you expect? My most anticipated game was a new Splinter Cell after one of the leaks suggested a "stealth game" and then MS remastering those 360 SC titles for back compat. I honestly don't know what to expect now. If I had to make a top 3 wild guesses it would probably be
1. Rumoured FROM game
2. Harry Potter game
3. Rocksteady's game

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017

Lorul2

Jan 4, 2018
What games would you expect? My most anticipated game was a new Splinter Cell after one of the leaks suggested a "stealth game" and then MS remastering those 360 SC titles for back compat. I honestly don't know what to expect now. If I had to make a top 3 wild guesses it would probably be
1. Rumoured FROM game
2. Harry Potter game
3. Rocksteady's game

39.1% - Shannon Loftis makes her E3 return announcing 3 no 4 AAA Exclusive games from 2nd/3rd party developers
Housemarque
Ubisoft
Capcom

'V'

Banned
May 19, 2018
i'm trying and once i click accept i'm getting a "game pass ultimate is currently not available". hmmm
There's a bug that hasn't been fixed I think. I'm level 5 and above on 2 accounts and on Insider Beta, but I only get the option for GP-U on my level 8 account not the level 5 one (which sucks because the level 5 one is my main account :/ ).

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
There's a bug that hasn't been fixed I think. I'm level 5 and above on 2 accounts and on Insider Beta, but I only get the option for GP-U on my level 8 account not the level 5 one (which sucks because the level 5 one is my main account :/ ).

i'm level 10, but only signed up for delta, and i dont think its updated the dash yet. perhaps thats it? i'll try again later, or even try joining beta first

Deleted member 53021

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 3, 2019
Thank you for your patience; I've heard your cries, so without further ado, my predictions for E3-2019 is here!

(From most likely to least likely - by percentages - that may or may not be totally made up! Here we GO!)

100% - Phil Spencer will come out on stage and say "The future of Xbox could not be better! With Xcloud (X-Stream), a new family of devices, and services, so you can play how you want to play where you want to play. Along with our great partners and new studios making Xbox the best place to play(sic), There is no greater time to join the Xbox Family. Feedback! Choice!

90% - Gameplay from Outer Worlds, Gears 5, and Ninja Theory's new game. (It is at 90 percent what did you expect?)

71% - Kareem Choudhry - X-cloud (X-Stream) Beta coming this holiday.

55% - IO Interactive and Stardock Acquisition announcement.

49.9% - Conference will start with an Xbox/PC exclusive and end with an Xbox/PC exclusive!

39.1% - Shannon Loftis makes her E3 "STAGE" return announcing 3 no 4 AAA Exclusive games from 2nd/3rd party developers
Housemarque
Ubisoft
Capcom

22% - No mentions during the E3 briefing, but word will leak out about Microsoft buying Unity Technologies Inc.

10% - Live expanding to many more platforms including more Nintendo titles.

1% - Lisa Su returns the favor to Phil and talks about the wonderful partnership between AMD and Xbox!

0,0001% - Crytek concedes they are not doing well financially and may be looking for a buyout...

That's it see you at E3-2020! I can't afford to go to Fanfest two years in a row. Hey Phil, I promise not to give out any more secrets if you can send me those Fanfest tickets for 2020! CHOICE!
No need for E3 anymore..we have it all here..mic dropped..am out!

Nov 8, 2017
Also, Frank O'Connor reiterated that Infinite will be on XBO just last month.

Hoping it's 30 frames on XBO platforms so that it holds back that next gen CPU less. I still maintain it being a cross gen launch title makes the most sense, it's not that important to have a swan song on the XBO family but it is very very important to make the next box strong out of the gate.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hoping it's 30 frames on XBO platforms so that it holds back that next gen CPU less. I still maintain it being a cross gen launch title makes the most sense, it's not that important to have a swan song on the XBO family but it is very very important to make the next box strong out of the gate.
I highly doubt 343 goes back on their 60fps initiative for Halo. They can still push a lot of other things and target a lower resolution and less details on XBO platforms if necessary and max everything out at 4k for next gen.

'V'

Banned
May 19, 2018
i'm level 10, but only signed up for delta, and i dont think its updated the dash yet. perhaps thats it? i'll try again later, or even try joining beta first
If it doesn't work you can hold the start button and select "report a problem". Do this on the page you're having problems with because it takes a screenshot of it which you can describe in detail on the report page. I just did that now myself. Hopefully it'll be sorted soon.

Nov 8, 2017
I highly doubt 343 goes back on their 60fps initiative for Halo. They can still push a lot of other things and target a lower resolution and less details on XBO platforms if necessary and max everything out at 4k for next gen.

It's just an easy way they can push the benefits of their next gen system harder/encourage people to upgrade without completely shafting them. It would also mean more complex game worlds and such. That doesn't necessarily mean the game would be better, but it might be.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's just an easy way they can push the benefits of their next gen system harder/encourage people to upgrade without completely shafting them. It would also mean more complex game worlds and such. That doesn't necessarily mean the game would be better, but it might be.
That's just not going to happen for a cross gen game. MS is likely more concerned to making as great a game as they can for the over 40 million Xbox One family owners and millions of PC players.

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
If it doesn't work you can hold the start button and select "report a problem". Do this on the page you're having problems with because it takes a screenshot of it which you can describe in detail on the report page. I just did that now myself. Hopefully it'll be sorted soon.
i reopened the insider app and it says i did join. i think i clicked on manage and it took me to the xbox store app where it said it was unavailable. so, i should be good.

Illusionary

Oct 25, 2017
Manchester, UK
Try that again
Something happened on our end. Waiting a bit might help.

:(
That's after enrolling via the Insider Hub (Delta Ring tester). Hopefully it'll be fixed soon...

Firenoh

Mar 7, 2019
Gotta wait for Halo Infinite 2 for next gen Halo.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
i reopened the insider app and it says i did join. i think i clicked on manage and it took me to the xbox store app where it said it was unavailable. so, i should be good.
You need to go back into the insider app to the insider content and click the Xbox Game Pass Ultimate and below manage click Show in store then you need to subscribe for $1 dollar a month to make it official. You can then go to services and subscriptions online in your Microsoft account and turn off recurring billing.

I just signed up and I'm good til 2/13/2021.

statham

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FloRida
I wish they didn't cancel the Project Spark project, we would finally have a CPU that would solve the issues I had with it, bad framerate.

Dr Pears

Sep 9, 2018
GaaS is not a genre, is distribution and monetization category.
And GaaS side means that the game continues to evolve in time, how is this bad?
The market is oversaturated with badly done GaaS games. The model gives devs an excuse to release games in a severely content-limited state. We've seen this time & time again this gen with games like No Man's Sky, Sea of Thieves, Anthem, Battlefield 5, etc.

Some of them do improve over time, yes, but the initial release of a 60$ severely content hungry game always leads to bad initial press and most of them only catch up on content too late when most people have moved on.

Even worse, is when Devs who are masters at single player experiences dwelve into this GaaS model with no experience as seen with Bioware with Anthem, and Rare with Sea of Thieves. This is my biggest worry.

Look at the best games of the past years. Most of them do not use the GaaS model, but are COMPLETE Single Player experiences ie. God Of War, RDR2, BOTW, Witcher 3. Heck even the best games of this year so far are complete single player games ie. Sekiro, RE2, DMCV.

Microsoft has acquired some of my favourite Single Player powerhouses such as Obsidian and Ninja Theory and I pray to God they don't move away from single player games which they are masters of. Can you imagine losing Obsidian to the same fate as Bioware?

Status
Not open for further replies.