• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 27, 2017
Florida
I wonder if Square Enix will finally give us Dragon Quest on the Xbox. Builders 2 would make sense.

A Sega RPG for Xbox One too? Maybe Project Sakura Wars getting a western port? If they're willing to port garbage like Shining Resonance Refrain and Valkyria Revolution, I could see Sakura Wars ending up on stage at E3, whether the game is good or bad.

I hope the Sega RPG is Persona 5.

I hope Sega's JRPG is P5 and SE's is DQXI (or KH the Story so far)

it wont :'(

We're just trying to go to the velvet room.

Last edited:

Deleted member 19924

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
But the question is, will it release on all platforms day 1 or Xbox a few months later?

I was listening to the BombCast this morning and Jeff said he saw a couple games that blew him away in terms of polish and structure. I think his comment was something along the lines that its a very predictable E3 without a ton of new stuff but some of the stuff he saw looked very very polish.

As he saying that, my mind went straight to Gear

Timestamp?

Apr 6, 2018

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Imho they will be a big waste of money, they clearly have a low potential(while compulsion has tons of it) and thei games are weak

Metacritic and most of this board probably disagrees with you. Remember Me was a little cult classic, it had shit sales due to zero marketing presence but it was a very solid game. Life Is Strange is one of the mainstream cultural gaming phenomenons of these past years, very big with communities, cosplayers and so on. Vampyr is, again, a game with low advertisement budget but that did pretty well all in all, both in terms of critical reception and sales. It's a relatively small company pushing out quality games on a tighter than normal budget, and they manage to produce these well-crafted, original and polished titles in short-ish timeframes. It's an extremely talented studio that would make somebody's library much richer if somebody decides to pick 'em up.

Lukas Taves

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
I think Dontnod is great too. IMO the best telltale type games by far.

Would love to see Ms acquiring them and letting them do all shits of episodic games on game pass, but only if somehow they managed to still work on life is strange (the series remaining multi) at least for a little while

JINX

Oct 25, 2017
It's somewhere with maybe 20 mins of the podcast, he doesn't mention any names since he's under embargo, but as he was describing some of the stuff he saw as a whole, the first game that popped into my head was Gears 5
It's should probably be mentioned that the big 3, don't attend judges week.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
If Dontnod get acquired, I'd do backflips. They are easily one of my favourite developers these last few years, that can only get better under a publisher, which I think is Focus now right?
Dontnod is currently working with at least 3 publishers

1) Squeeenix on LiS2
2) Bamco on "Twin Mirror"- the Twin Peaks-y episodic horror mystery with some kind of memory recall mechanic
3) Unannounced IP for Focus Home after the publisher was very pleased with Vampyr's sales.

Given the number of commitments they have, I don't see them accepting a buyout, really.

Deleted member 18951

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'd say Dontnod are out of bounds with their Focus Home partnership, as a good alternative I'll take Deck Nine instead.

Klobrille

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
bildschirmfoto2019-05apk83.png

Haven't seen this before.

Super Barrier

Nov 20, 2017
But the question is, will it release on all platforms day 1 or Xbox a few months later?

I was listening to the BombCast this morning and Jeff said he saw a couple games that blew him away in terms of polish and structure. I think his comment was something along the lines that its a very predictable E3 without a ton of new stuff but some of the stuff he saw looked very very polish.

As he saying that, my mind went straight to Gears 5. It's a known quantity but it seems like The Coalition has really stepped up their game delivering probably the best Gears game yet.

Disappointing to hear that it's going to be another predictable e3, but I still have a hope we may get one megaton drop. If it's Gears and Jeff was blown away then it's safe to say we will be too.

XVerdena

Oct 28, 2017
So Gears 5 will really run at 60 fps huh, that's a bold choice since most action adventure games run at 30 fps while focusing on the graphics.

Superman2x7

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
Disappointing to hear that it's going to be another predictable e3, but I still have a hope we may get one megaton drop. If it's Gears and Jeff was blown away then it's safe to say we will be too.

He didn't state names, and he wasnt blown away but happily surprised at the polish. I only attributed his speech to Gears through my own subconscious haha

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017
Gears 5 sounds god damn amazing to me. I can't wait, and this coming from someone who was 'meh' on the original 3 games (before they were remastered). It looks absolutely stunning, have no idea how they've managed 4k/60 in all modes.

Alandring

Banned
Feb 2, 2018
Switzerland
If Dontnod get acquired, I'd do backflips. They are easily one of my favourite developers these last few years, that can only get better under a publisher, which I think is Focus now right?
Currently, they have a contract with 4 publishers :
1) Life is Strange 2 (2018-2019) with Square Enix.
2) Twin Mirror (2019-2020 probably) with Bandai Namco.
3) An unannounced game with a secret publisher (2020). Probably an exclusive launch game for the next Xbox.
4) An unannounced game with Focus Home (no date). Maybe Vampyr 2.

Edit : but again, don't count the fourth project as a reason why Dontnod couldn't be bought. Last year, Cyanide has been bought by Big Ben Interactive, even if they had two projects with Focus Home Interactive (The Council and a Call of Cthulhu RPG).

Jun 22, 2018
No matter how good a dev is, graphic wise there will be sacrifices made in order to achieve 60 fps. I doubt it will look as good as RDR2 or God of War for example.
I'm always surprised when people talk up God of War's graphics. It had good and interesting art direction, but in terms of the quality of tech it wasn't that great. Lots of low quality textures and blurriness throughout the game. I enjoyed the style and the game, but my eyes always appreciated when I switched to a game with cleaner and sharper visuals.

Based on what we have seen so far, Gears 5 looks set to have much higher quality visuals.

Now, whether you personally prefer one game's style over the other's is a different issue.

knightmawk

Dec 12, 2018
Quantum Game is Not quantum break Coz Quantum Game have Horror and violence element so it can't be

Is that a joke? Quantum Break wasn't a horror game sure, but it definitely has horror elements, the time monsters and the parts involving following them. And it definitely, definitely has violence. Lots of violence.

Deleted member 19924

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
If it runs at 60 on the X, it will run at 60 on the S too. Just with different resolutions.

I HIGHLY doubt that. Gears 4 was 60fps on the X but 30fps on the S/OG and what we've seen of Gears 5 looks far above what that console is capable of at 60fps. For example, the quality jump between it and DMC 5 (another 60fps title) is staggering.

darthpaxton

Jun 20, 2018
Is that a joke? Quantum Break wasn't a horror game sure, but it definitely has horror elements, the time monsters and the parts involving following them. And it definitely, definitely has violence. Lots of violence.
I did a bit of research on the Australian Ratings Board website last night. They don't list Prey (2017) as having Horror Themes and I can't imagine that you'd say that Quantum Break had more "horror themes" than Prey.

We've heard that Microsoft did not think Remedy delivered for the price on the first game and it wasn't a critical or commercial success. Also, if you were using a code-name for a project than "Quantum Game" is a little too on the nose, especially for something like a ratings board listing. There's zero chance that this is a Quantum Break sequel if it's even an unannounced game at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.