• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 22, 2018
I absolutely loved most of the visuals of Halo 5. Only area that I didn't love was the glassed planet. I think they could have taken that idea and made something more interesting.

OneBadMutha

Nov 2, 2017
I absolutely loved most of the visuals of Halo 5. Only area that I didn't love was the glassed planet. I think they could have taken that idea and made something more interesting.

I thought it was inconsistent. Some areas were incredible looking. Others wouldn't have looked good as an Xbox 360 game. The glassed planet you mention is the one that really sticks out for me. Everything on that level looked awful. It looked like a different game. Other levels, like the first one were a mixed bag. It's like some parts of it had placeholder textures. When you look at the inconsistency, to me it was a sign of a rushed game. Seeing where 343's highs were and knowing that they have a new engine and 66% more dev time, I'm expecting great things this time.

MistahS

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Sep 2, 2018

It's go time baby!!!
Spencer.gif

tutomos

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't know how many times I'm going to say this but F Nintendo style presentations. Glad Microsoft is going all in live.

Jun 22, 2018
They need to schedule 2 full hours so they have plenty of time to talk about their new studio acquisitions.
#TeamAtLeast2AcquisitionsAtE3

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
I just hope the pacing and schedule is well thought out.

Home run after home run will dilute announcements and plenty can get drowned under water.

I'm so excited though. Ready to pre order my anaconda day 0.

Deleted member 49804

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 21, 2018
That is actually very cool. I am a neighbor to KennyX and christocolus which are among my most liked members here on Era! (I can't identify my left neighbor and my neighbor below from the avatar alone, so no pun intended).
Didn't knew we had a bromance, but I approve.
Good to focus on the positivity here, as I often fail and get suck into those negative arguments.

tanky

Banned
Apr 2, 2019
I'm downloading Guardians as we speak to give it another look since everyone is making a kerfuffle.

Neural

Oct 27, 2017
Italy
Halo 5 Real Time Cutscene:
XOX_002.jpg
Please stop. Or y'all end up having me re-playing the whole game again on X, and my backlog can't allow it.

Pretty much what I'm expecting at E3. Many people are expecting a gameplay showcase, but I believe that will be at next E3. This time I think they'll show more of the game's world rendered by the engine, maybe some action scenes or character close-ups and, if we're really lucky, an example of Slipspace rendering on Anaconda devkits.

Deleted member 19924

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Even Gears 4 multiplayer which runs at 60fps looks better than Halo 5. Thankfully for 343i, Halo Infinite looks beautiful.

Falcon511

Oct 27, 2017
Please stop. Or y'all end up having me re-playing the whole game again on X, and my backlog can't allow it.

Pretty much what I'm expecting at E3. Many people are expecting a gameplay showcase, but I believe that will be at next E3. This time I think they'll show more of the game's world rendered by the engine, maybe some action scenes or character close-ups and, if we're really lucky, an example of Slipspace rendering on Anaconda devkits.
That would be a smart idea actually. Sony set the tone for what tech will be in next gen consoles. MS should set the tone for what games will look like next gen. Hell they should show games loading off the NVME storage they are rumored to have in the consoles. Honestly if they do that, I believe they could generate a ton of buzz, probably more so than the wired article since there will be official video of this.

Or maybe Sony will surprise us before E3 with something. But still, they need to talk big this E3.

ThePhoque

Jun 6, 2018
Novigrad
I have a question. If we assume that there won't be a console reveal this year and instead, MS decides to drop info similar to the Project Scorpio, what are the chances to see some next gen Gameplay videos (or teasers) For both FP and Third Party games?
As far as i can remember, In E3 2012 while there were no console reveals, Companies like Ubisoft announced and showcased games like Watch Dogs 1...
Would something similar happen this year as well?
BTW 2019 is the first fiscal year since 2009 that Ubisoft did not only reveal a new AC game, but also did not release a smaller/remastered game. So now that there are no AC games, will it be possible for them to showcase a next gen AC on either their conference or Microsoft's?

Deleted member 3897

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Best part of E3 is that every MS exclusive game will be on PC so I don't need to use 499$ or whatever it will be this time.

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
This photo is scary.. Just saying. What are those indentations..

I have a question. If we assume that there won't be a console reveal this year and instead, MS decides to drop info similar to the Project Scorpio, what are the chances to see some next gen Gameplay videos (or teasers) For both FP and Third Party games?
As far as i can remember, In E3 2012 while there were no console reveals, Companies like Ubisoft announced and showcased games like Watch Dogs 1...
Would something similar happen this year as well?
BTW 2019 is the first fiscal year since 2009 that Ubisoft did not only reveal a new AC game, but also did not release a smaller/remastered game. So now that there are no AC games, will it be possible for them to showcase a next gen AC on either their conference or Microsoft's?
Welllll. I mean... we already have seen next gen gameplay, haven't we? Death stranding.., FF7, BGE2 from Ubi, Starfield and TES 6 (kinda not really), MP4, etc. etc. :p We'll see if any of those come out for current gen before the next ones arrive lol.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.