• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ktzvs

Nov 26, 2018
Gaming is important to Microsoft yeah, a lot more important than it was. And things like X-Cloud are gonna be huge because they also aid in the cloud services initiative, which is probably the biggest part of Microsofts strategy.

But everything has to be put in to perspective, intelligent cloud services alone made about 90% of what personal computing (which includes gaming, search and surface) made at the beginning of the year.

I'm not saying Xbox has the same funding level as Sony, they probably have more, but they don't have the entire cash reserve of Microsoft at their finger tips either.
YEAH, Microsoft is a smart company and understand how to effectively utilize money not that other companies are not but they are the most valuable company right now when their consumer business is not doing good, imagine if they had the phone market, xbox leading, etc. All the mistakes msft has done in the past, not many companies can make a comeback let alone survive

Deleted member 12635

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Nothing to do with E3 this year but I want:
  1. a new Lost Odyssey type game
  2. a new Splinter Cell
  3. that Black Tusk IP never came to fruition
  4. a remastered Mass Effect Trilogy for Next Gen
  5. win the lottery (any)

iareharSon

Oct 30, 2017
I want Perfect Dark remastered because the mode where someone get's to play as a guard is still awesome to this day.

But Banjo is Banjo.

I'd probably prefer Banjo by a hair.

As much as I want Banjo, I'm low-key afraid it'll fail commercially in today's gaming climate and forever be thrown into purgatory.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
I'll be happy with the conference if they announce flighting for Halo Infinite starting this year. It's all I want.

Bear and bird

Oct 27, 2017
Killer Instinct 2, Perfect Dark, or Banjo Kazooie Remake similar to Crash/Spyro.

You can only choose one of these Rare titles to be made. Which one do you choose?
Banjo-Kazooie all day, every day.

Then Perfect Dark and then Killer Instinct.

(I want all three though)

As much as I want Banjo, I'm low-key afraid it'll fail commercially in today's gaming climate and forever be thrown into purgatory.
Eh. Banjo would make a huge splash if it was announced for Xbox and Steam. There is definitely a market for it.

And even if it didn't succeed, at least that's better than no new Banjo at all... Clinging on to it while waiting for an opportunity that may never arise isn't going to do it any favours.

iareharSon

Oct 30, 2017
Eh. Banjo would make a huge splash if it was announced for Xbox and Steam. There is definitely a market for it.

And even if it didn't succeed, at least that's better than no new Banjo at all... Clinging on to it while waiting for an opportunity that may never arise isn't going to do it any favours.

I know it's not Banjo, but Yooka-Laylee effectively piggybacked on the nostalgia for Banjo and sold 1 million units. That probably had a fraction of the budget that a new Banjo title would and was released on more platforms than Microsoft would be releasing Banjo for. I'm not sure if those types of sales figures would be seen as a success for Microsoft.

There's a lot of value in clinging onto IP's until the market shows renewed vigor for those types of games.

Bear and bird

Oct 27, 2017
I know it's not Banjo, but Yooka-Laylee effectively piggybacked on the nostalgia for Banjo and sold 1 million units. That probably had a fraction of the budget that a new Banjo title would and was released on more platforms than Microsoft would be releasing Banjo for. I'm not sure if those types of sales figures would be seen as a success for Microsoft.

There's a lot of value in clinging onto IP's until the market shows renewed vigor for those types of games.
With more and more indies moving into the 3D space and the re-releases of Crash and Spyro, I would argue that the time is now. The demand for 3D platformers is higher than it has been in years.

And I really, really hope that MS is sensible enough to don't go overboard with the budget and expect ridiculous sales numbers when they finally revisit the Banjo series.

Dyashen

Dec 20, 2017
Belgium
CuBNVCN.png

Apr 6, 2018
So, sorry for the delay, it has been a long day for me.
First of all I will make things clear: pick everything with a grain of salt.
How I obtained this informations?
A dear friend of mine is an important member of the italian gears community. He collaborated with Panini Comics for the comic "dirty little secret" and now with multiplayer edizioni for the new novel.
He has a yt channel he managed with his wife(they met thanks to gears 1) and he has mail friends in TC because developers found useful his videos about the lore of the saga(his channel is a little gears wiki).
He gave hints in our chat, caruful to not break any NDA, so I've tried to put the pieces together.
In the spoiler part I will talk in this order:
-Gears tactics position in the saga and how it will be bound to gears 2 and 5
-gears 5 campaign
-Escape.
Remember those are hints I collected in the past months and put together, there's no warranty that the result will be accurate.
So here we go.
There are things I like and things I don't like, but I wont comment anything.
Gears tactics is set after the E-day, as Rod clarified at e3, and in the interface we can see that two characters should survive(like any xcom like there's permadeath) and the surname of the leader is blurred, we only know that his name is "Gabriel" and the surname will be, according t the source, "Diaz"
Gabriel may be the brother of Oscar, husband of Reina and Kait's dad.
The second connection is the main enemy. Rod talked about a locust mad scientist. That scientist could be a character from the comics, Ukkon, a grey emminence that invented the cyborg parts that allow the control of brumaks, corpsers and so on.
Ukkon is, according to several theories, Niles Samson, the scientist who lead the new hope lab visited in gears 2 and his mind was used as a base for the AI that managed the base.
A few months ago the actor who dubbed samson was in the coalition headquarters, so this may back the theory.
He compared the mission structure to god of war and mgsv, with a central hub in New Ephyra, the new Cog's capital showed at the beginning of Gears 4.
The most important change is the stealth which enhances the movement possibilites with the crouch walking, but he ignores how it will be balanced in the pvp
I don't understand how weapon changes work, but there are, he couldn't answer about the armors(ignorance or NDA?)
The plot is full of black humor and less PC than 4.
He talked about "strategic decision on the field".
The melee is inspired by from software games, obviously is a lighter thing.
Several enemies factions.
New enemy classes and new mechanics, like the abilty of the swarm to posses the DeeBees.
Myrrah will have an important role in the background.
The areas will be different and interconnected by the Skiff sections and in the middle New Ephyra.
We will visit several old places from the trilogy and Judgement will have its relevance for the plot
A marriage between horde and campaing.
It's inspired by J's mission, at the beginning you will dropped in the area with three human companions.
From what I've understand it may be a rougelike in which each game is different, with different sections and objectives, and during the post lunch TC will add new pieces that could spawn and even new missions
It's a gears encyclopedia, with several scenarios an periods, old enemies and characters and each of them as little narrative

Dyashen

Dec 20, 2017
Belgium
A dear friend of mine is an important member of the italian gears community. He collaborated with Panini Comics for the comic "dirty little secret" and now with multiplayer edizioni for the new novel.
He has a yt channel he managed with his wife(they met thanks to gears 1) and he has mail friends in TC because developers found useful his videos about the lore of the saga(his channel is a little gears wiki).
He gave hints in our chat, caruful to not break any NDA, so I've tried to put the pieces together.
-gears 5 campaign
-Escape.
Remember those are hints I collected in the past months and put together, there's no warranty that the result will be accurate.
So here we go.
Gears tactics is set after the E-day, as Rod clarified at e3, and in the interface we can see that two characters should survive(like any xcom like there's permadeath) and the surname of the leader is blurred, we only know that his name is "Gabriel" and the surname will be, according t the source, "Diaz"
The second connection is the main enemy. Rod talked about a locust mad scientist. That scientist could be a character from the comics, Ukkon, a grey emminence that invented the cyborg parts that allow the control of brumaks, corpsers and so on.
Ukkon is, according to several theories, Niles Samson, the scientist who lead the new hope lab visited in gears 2 and his mind was used as a base for the AI that managed the base.
A few months ago the actor who dubbed samson was in the coalition headquarters, so this may back the theory.
He compared the mission structure to god of war and mgsv, with a central hub in New Ephyra, the new Cog's capital showed at the beginning of Gears 4.
The most important change is the stealth which enhances the movement possibilites with the crouch walking, but he ignores how it will be balanced in the pvp
I don't understand how weapon changes work, but there are, he couldn't answer about the armors(ignorance or NDA?)
New enemy classes and new mechanics, like the abilty of the swarm to posses the DeeBees.
The areas will be different and interconnected by the Skiff sections and in the middle New Ephyra.
We will visit several old places from the trilogy and Judgement will have its relevance for the plot
It's inspired by J's mission, at the beginning you will dropped in the area with three human companions.
From what I've understand it may be a rougelike in which each game is different, with different sections and objectives, and during the post lunch TC will add new pieces that could spawn and even new missions
It's a gears encyclopedia, with several scenarios an periods, old enemies and characters and each of them as little narrative

It definitely makes sense and i personally have always thought that they should have these WWZ/L4D like missions in an alternate version to Horde where you see the stories from JD and Marcus while the campaign is fully focused on Kait and the origins of the Swarm.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
-gears 5 campaign
-Escape.
So here we go.

Doesnt sound to crazy,

SharpX68K

Nov 10, 2017
Chicagoland
cross-posting my reply in the thread: At launch, we've heard there won't be any "Xbox Scarlett"-exclusive games. For at least a few years.

I've been away for a few days -- Just now catching up. I will say that I think this would be a major mistake on Microsoft's part, if this is true, and if this is as different as it sounds, beyond the normal cross generational period of 2 years or so. Scarlett absolutely has to have (at launch in 2020) some next-generation only games that are not possible on Xbox One / One X or even the 1X, in addition to the usual cross-gen games.

It would be terrible if Scarlett not only does not get games that are exclusive to the console (because they're also on PC), but also does not get any next-gen exclusive games that are just multi-platform for PS5 and PC as well.

That would be double bad.

Mainly because next-gen exclusive games will be designed to run on Zen-class CPUs (Zen, Zen+ and Zen 2) and won't work well if at all on Jaguar CPUs.

THEN on top of that, the prospect of Anaconda not being the new baseline spec for new Xbox games going forward, because the lower spec Lockhart is the baseline.

This will be a large advantage for Sony and PS5, especially for 1st party games, and eventually, 3rd party games on PS5.

In short, if this rumor is true, Microsoft would be further watering down the impact of its next generation Xbox, and any performance advantage Anaconda might have over PS5.

peepers

Dec 10, 2017
Biscay
I can't fuckin wait for gears 5 man. When E3 2015 ended with Gears 4 I immediately knew I needed an Xbox. Them announcing bc that very same day made the choice a lot easier too.

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
cross-posting my reply in the thread: At launch, we've heard there won't be any "Xbox Scarlett"-exclusive games. For at least a few years.

I've been away for a few days -- Just now catching up. I will say that I think this would be a major mistake on Microsoft's part, if this is true, and if this is as different as it sounds, beyond the normal cross generational period of 2 years or so. Scarlett absolutely has to have (at launch in 2020) some next-generation only games that are not possible on Xbox One / One X or even the 1X, in addition to the usual cross-gen games.

It would be terrible if Scarlett not only does not get games that are exclusive to the console (because they're also on PC), but also does not get any next-gen exclusive games that are just multi-platform for PS5 and PC as well.

That would be double bad.

Mainly because next-gen exclusive games will be designed to run on Zen-class CPUs (Zen, Zen+ and Zen 2) and won't work well if at all on Jaguar CPUs.

THEN on top of that, the prospect of Anaconda not being the new baseline spec for new Xbox games going forward, because the lower spec Lockhart is the baseline.

This will be a large advantage for Sony and PS5, especially for 1st party games, and eventually, 3rd party games on PS5.

In short, if this rumor is true, Microsoft would be further watering down the impact of its next generation Xbox, and any performance advantage Anaconda might have over PS5.

I'm sure MS knows what they're doing, otherwise they wouldn't be doing it.

bcatwilly

Oct 27, 2017
I'm sure MS knows what they're doing, otherwise they wouldn't be doing it.

Yeah, it is really just crazy to think that Microsoft is going to shoot itself in the foot that clearly when they are no doubt talking with developers within and outside of Xbox during the planning and design of consoles. 3rd party developers deal with this all the time with PC targets and will have nothing different to deal with, as the Xbox dev kit and guidance will clearly have been designed from the beginning with knowledge of those two SKUs. And Xbox first party will just have Anaconda as lead platform and scale accordingly with their own dev kit and expertise in their own hardware targets.

Oct 27, 2017
Lol what does black humor and less pc mean. That definitely doesn't jive with the character of kait or what we've seen of her journey is supposed to be

Pitchfork

Oct 28, 2017
England
-gears 5 campaign
-Escape.
So here we go.
Sounds tasty! Really hope we get an Overrun mode (or some variant of)

Status
Not open for further replies.