• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Garjon

Oct 27, 2017
ioi is a special case, though. They aren't exactly rolling in money and probably want freedom from having to do hitman to stay alive... which may not be helping them in any way.

Yooooooo
No way, I think they love making hitman games, that's why they acquired the licence right away. I think they may be struggling for cash but they can surely get publisher contracts to stay independent. I just can't see them selling the company so soon after breaking away from their owner. And besides, if they were up for sale, I d guarantee you'd have egs, Google, sony, thqn etc looking to acquire them, in which case any acquisition wouldn't be much of a secret

Bradbatross

Mar 17, 2018
I doubt it, they'd be expensive due to being so well established, they've just become independent and they'd probably have a bidding war after them. My guess is the layers of fear Devs or dontnod
I can't see them being much more expensive than Ninja Theory. And I can't see why other publishers wouldn't have been interested in purchasing them and creating a bidding war, yet we didn't hear anything prior to the acquisition.

DopeyFish

Oct 25, 2017
No way, I think they love making hitman games, that's why they acquired the licence right away. I think they may be struggling for cash but they can surely get publisher contracts to stay independent. I just can't see them selling the company so soon after breaking away from their owner. And besides, if they were up for sale, I d guarantee you'd have egs, Google, sony, thqn etc looking to acquire them, in which case any acquisition wouldn't be much of a secret

but on the other side of the coin... they see all these companies going to MS under the promise they can do whatever they want... that's a huge draw for any one of these companies. To be given free reign to do whatever they please. Hitman? sure, go for it. Make a new IP? yes, please. the whole point is so they can do anything and not have to do something out of necessity.

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 25, 2018
They said they are trying to cut out as much of the talking out of the conference as they can and get it down to 90 minutes which is the sweet spot. Phil said he knows gamers don't want to see him talking and just want to see games.
That's kind of sad tbh. If we can get developers on the stage that's a great. It's not something that should be cut :(

Lukas Taves

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
Announcing 3 new IPs at the E3 before the big Next gen blowout E3 is already pretty crazy. I think next E3 is when we'll see a bunch of games from MSGP.
Agree that it's crazy to announce so many at the end of a generation, but Ms is kinda trying to smooth that so it makes sense that for now on they will always have a strong e3 since the goal is subscriptions not consoles sold (and a sub is easier to cancel than to throw your console away)

To be fair it seems MSGP has a few things going on, Ori 2 is still being finished, then you have AoE4 with Relic as well as a rumoured Killer Instinct 2, add another unannounced game to that and that's a fair amount going on.
If KI 2 is real then yeah 4 projects is a fair amount. Thought I want to see them ramping that up as well with new investments. Perhaps use them to shop for Ips or studios to buy.

Deleted member 47654

user requested account closure
Banned
Sep 10, 2018

$600 USD Console? No way

GrizzledGlamorousEquine-size_restricted.gif

Kibbles

Oct 25, 2017
90min? Wasn't it scheduled for 3hrs? lol well glad it's not that long, would drag, but what happen

tomwarren

Senior Editor, The Verge
Verified
Apr 18, 2018
Those are dev unit specs, which Microsoft always boosts CPU clock speed and storage requirements inside. Even the Scorpio dev kit had double the RAM of the retail unit.

Rychu

Oct 25, 2017
Utah, USA
90min? Wasn't it scheduled for 3hrs? lol well glad it's not that long, would drag, but what happen
They've been having rehearsals the past couple weeks and they have two more rehearsals, rehearsal time has been getting shorter and shorter, they don't know exactly how long the conference will be but 90 minutes is their end target. That's just a target though, it could be 95 minutes or 98 or 100 minutes minutes. We don't know really.

Deleted member 53021

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 3, 2019
studio acquisitions...tomorrow will be fantastic..cant wait for all of this...this week has been a hell for me...a lot mental issues but at least hope this E3 helps me interms of entertainment cant wait...and this particular thread has been great joined from nowhere at a difficult time n you all reminded me how gaming used to be great growing up...hope you all enjoy tomorrow

Deleted member 47654

user requested account closure
Banned
Sep 10, 2018
Halo TMCC, Halo Infinite Screenshot, Wasteland 2.
CAN'T FUCKING WAIT, Phil Spencer is the best that happened to PC Gaming since Steam.

apps.14066.13798539581762600.b5898613-0034-4daf-95a6-e55c2136af31.1241d158-1663-4cba-9f1c-43d14e3427d8

EDIT: Is this a spoiler? because, uhh... its just an app, is already available in the store.

Garjon

Oct 27, 2017
but on the other side of the coin... they see all these companies going to MS under the promise they can do whatever they want... that's a huge draw for any one of these companies. To be given free reign to do whatever they please. Hitman? sure, go for it. Make a new IP? yes, please. the whole point is so they can do anything and not have to do something out of necessity.
You might well be right in that regard, the promise of security is great but might not be for a company that just became independent. I still think either bloober or dontnod because those two meet the mo of the studios that ms has already bought, namely studios viable for growth

grosbard

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Those are dev unit specs, which Microsoft always boosts CPU clock speed and storage requirements inside. Even the Scorpio dev kit had double the RAM of the retail unit.

The Scorpio dev kit was also 6.6tf while the actual console was 6. Either way, if those are actual anaconda dev kit specs.....oh boy I'm in for midnight release.

Deleted member 53021

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 3, 2019
io interactive
relic entertainment
remedy
turtle rock...these are my predictions...on io interactive, i need a freedom fighters sequel...that would be insane with nextgen technology and new engine

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Banned
May 25, 2018
That app looks great. I think PC gamers will be much more welcoming of something like this, especially with game pass.

Johnson

Jan 8, 2018
Halo TMCC, Halo Infinite Screenshot, Wasteland 2.
CAN'T FUCKING WAIT, Phil Spencer is the best that happened to PC Gaming since Steam.
EDIT: Is this a spoiler? because, uhh... its just an app, is already available in the store.
They're all old assets as far as I can tell. The Infinite image is from the teaser trailer.

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Banned
May 25, 2018
I feel like we will get a deep dive on the specs tomorrow. They shouldn't let us sit on the devkit specs for too long.

Lukas Taves

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
Perhaps it's nothing. But the only game featured in the app that's not from a XGS studio is super lucky, or perhaps there are no non XGS games on it wink wink

Status
Not open for further replies.