• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
It's needlessly complicated and I may be wrong here, but I'm pretty sure Crossfire X is assumed to be the sequel to Crossfire (which will likely be called Crossfire HD on PC), but will likely also contain content from the first game because it never came to console (that might miss Crossfire HD). It's wildly popular in Asia (like 600 million people have played it or something like that) and is essentially Korean Counter-Strike. Remedy (Alan Wake, Quantum Break) is working on single-player content for the new version as well, so that may make it more appealing in the West.
okay! thanks, so its a newer version of the game coming out for release. interested to see when they show it off.

Windu

Oct 25, 2017
Xbox One S: All Digital Edition showing $199 at Amazon, Best Buy and Microsoft.com

eAPhVZx.jpg

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm really in the mood for buying a steering wheel set up for my Xbox, but it seems like a dumb idea without knowing whether peripherals will work without Scarlett, right?

Oct 26, 2018
What about an armored core sequel bankrolled by Ms 🤔

Also, Can we mention how crazy of a success GTA V is, like it realesed in 2013 and is usually always in the top 10 for sales and most played. Wonder will it get ported to next gen

Ascenion

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Mecklenburg-Strelitz

Looking at Amazon it seems like the E3 sale prices are still up. Also the Battlefield V One S is also $199 and the 2K19 One X is $369.

Kiekura

Mar 23, 2018
Devs make PC builds from all ranges. The console is just gonna be one of those ranges. Even more now with the X86 architecture. Console gaming isnt like the 360 and PS3 era when they really were different.

8dfb659f-a017-434e-a41c-38487360f224.png

SoT doesn't have anything special techinally. Next gen we might see better physics, AI, denser worlds, lots of stuff that is tied to SSD and more RAM and better CPU. Even the low end PC:s currently have more RAM and better CPU than consoles and next gen is pushing things much more further.

I really dont get why people want One X to keep going and hold Scarlet back.

Apr 6, 2018
SoT doesn't have anything special techinally. Next gen we might see better physics, AI, denser worlds, lots of stuff that is tied to SSD and more RAM and better CPU. Even the low end PC:s currently have more RAM and better CPU than consoles and next gen is pushing things much more further.

to have a cheap entry level.
Not everyone here can drops 4/500 bucks just for an hobby. EG: me.
I get that on forums the public is mostly enthusiast, but the casuals won't enter until massive price cuts.
ANd this time, for both ms and sony, is crucial that the passage will be the most seamless and fluid they can

knightmawk

Dec 12, 2018
Right... but this is about Japanese games skipping Xbox... GamePass will not change that. The only thing that will is a lot more investment in the region... Remember Sony will be putting together a streaming service through the use of Microsofts Azure so it isn't like MS is putting something out there Sony isn't and this service may have a subscription plan similar to gamepass... GamePass and XCloud isn't going to all of a sudden increase sales in Japan. Japanese haven't been interested in Xbox since it's inception and that will not change without big investment in the region not moneyhatting Multi-plat games .

I don't really disagree with you that a meaningful investment is important, but Xbox is already doing that. They're setting up an Asian dev center in Tokyo and Phil is physically going to Japan. That investment seems small now, but it's a hell of a lot bigger than zero, and it seems to be growing.

But they also need to see Xbox as a worthwhile platform, which is where throwing money at multiplats and exclusives is a good strategy.

And honestly, game pass can help with that too. It's just a long game. The industry at large seems to be moving towards subscription services, at some point in the future, much like digital stores not too long ago, part of every release will be deciding which subscription service you're gonna put your game on. So getting in early and building a base is important. If you're Platinum Games in a few years and you know the best way to get your game played is on a subscription service, are you gonna pick Game Pass, with its 35 million subscribers, or EA Access, with its 10 million. All other things being equal, getting subscribers early is important, that's why Microsoft is basically giving away years of game pass right now.

Kiekura

Mar 23, 2018
to have a cheap entry level.
Not everyone here can drops 4/500 bucks just for an hobby. EG: me.
I get that on forums the public is mostly enthusiast, but the casuals won't enter until massive price cuts.
ANd this time, for both ms and sony, is crucial that the passage will be the most seamless and fluid they can

I understand that, but it holds back Scarlet. No point on that

Deleted member 53021

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 3, 2019
D9c3Q-gXoAAprbt.jpg
D9aqXTAWsAEmJ24.jpg

phil spencer on ray-tracing in the past on twitter..maybe it would give us an idea on how they would apply it in the next gen consoles

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
I understand that, but it holds back Scarlet. No point on that

But does it? It remains to be seen, especially if it's true what Colt said on Twitter. I have no idea if it's going to work like that, but if it does I have no problem with it.

I agree with you though, I wouldn't want Playground have to keep the X and maybe even S in mind while developing Fable, hell fucking no. But they probably won't even be doing that anyway. Build the game with Scarlett in mind and scale it down for X and Pro i guess.

I think if the majority of Xbox owners had an X and very few people the first Xbox One or S, it would be easily to just trade it in at their store and buy Scarlett for a nice price , but the fact is that tons of people have the big Xbox One or the S. I doubt shops would allow that for trade ins.

Nuri

Jan 4, 2018

Metro uses ray tracing on PC and yet somehow consoles didn't hold it back...

Sergioll713

Banned
Nov 12, 2018
i completed Metro 2033 and last light, now i am playing Metro Exodus and it is Fantastic!

i wish that MS buy 4A, now i can understand to lot of people.

Can buy MS to 4A Studios?, What do you think?, tell me pls about this.

Sotha_Sil

Nov 4, 2017
Metro uses ray tracing on PC and yet somehow consoles didn't hold it back...

Bad example. Think of New Vegas with the strip cut into 2 zones and sparsely populated because PS3/360 could not handle it. The PC version was held back so there would be parity.

Ray tracing is something that can be toggled on/off, and it gives you the same basic experience. NPC count is not.

We don't want cities in Fable Reboot compromised because the X or Lockhart can't handle it.

Kolbe1894

Oct 25, 2017
"Think about a 10+ years old game in PS360era which was not X36 consoles, with not very skillful developer"

Wat?

Ebtesam

Self-Requested Ban
Apr 1, 2018
anyone knows it?

At the top right of the image there's XBOX ONE enhance (so i think it's only Xbox game and Not PC)

Last edited:

Nuri

Jan 4, 2018
Bad example. Think of New Vegas with the strip cut into 2 zones and sparsely populated because PS3/360 could not handle it. The PC version was held back so there would be parity.

Ray tracing is something that can be toggled on/off, and it gives you the same basic experience. NPC count is not.

We don't want cities in Fable Reboot compromised because the X or Lockhart can't handle it.
You can toggle crowd density on many PC games. Also the PS3/360 consoles were very different than x86(360 being Powe PC and PS3 being Cell). Certain compromises will be made though (ridiculously long load times and very sub-par graphical fidelity that may rival the 360 era to keep the world consistent). Some super talented developer will pull off miracles (The Witcher 2 on 360).

Klobrille

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
So not likely then? Apparently it would be announced at XO19 since it is taking place in the UK this year.
$60 Mio sounds like a much more believable number for UK example studios like Hello Games or Ruffian, but maybe you twisted the numbers? Honestly, they already have so many studios in the UK. Furthermore I highly doubt they already have another acquisition fixed, only to wait another 5 months with the announce.

It's important to note that when you buy a company. You pay more than its currently worth. So you can't buy a company on exact market worth.
True. $6B is still way too much though. There would need to be a really, really huge IP behind it.

Status
Not open for further replies.