• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Klobrille

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
It does mean 2019 is going to be quite a dry year for Xbox Game Studios.

They've released Crackdown 3. And they will release The Outer Worlds, Gears 5 and Age of Empires 2 DE.

Four games. One that is PC only and one that's multiplatform.

We were expecting to get Minecraft Dungeons, Battletoads and Ori and the Will of the Wisps in 2019 too. It does mean 2020 is going to be packed. With Psychonauts 2, Battletoads, Bleeding Edge, Minecraft Dungeons, Wasteland 3, Ori and whatever happens at the second half of the year (Besides Forza and Halo).
I take this situation over another ReCore/SoD2-like release every day. People wanted them to learn and give their games more time for polish - and that's exactly what they do now.

It's a luxury problem in a kinda transition period imo. Gears 5. Halo MCC, AoE2 and The Outer Worlds in particular should be successful Game Pass driving forces in 2019. 2020 for obvious reasons is looking a lot more packed.

Kiekura

Mar 23, 2018
I am not. I kept saying they have a internal release date planned.

"really like that Bleeding Edge and Battletoads dont have a release date yet. I mean they probably have a idea "

"Nah. They have like i said a internal releasedate planned."

And you say "It's done when it's done" what kinda destroys your internal release date.

They simply have more time to make games and there isn't strict date for release like it feels with EA as example.

Kiekura

Mar 23, 2018
I take this situation over another ReCore/SoD2-like release every day. People wanted them to learn and give their games more time for polish - and that's exactly what they do now.

It's a luxury problem in a kinda transition period imo. Gears 5. Halo MCC, AoE2 and The Outer Worlds in particular should be successful Game Pass driving forces in 2019. 2020 for obvious reasons is looking a lot more packed.

2020 is going to be crazy year for gamers on all platforms. RIP wallets

Firenoh

Mar 7, 2019

They've released Crackdown 3. And they will release The Outer Worlds, Gears 5 and Age of Empires 2 DE.

We were expecting to get Minecraft Dungeons, Battletoads and Ori and the Will of the Wisps in 2019 too. It does mean 2020 is going to be packed. With Psychonauts 2, Battletoads, Bleeding Edge, Minecraft Dungeons, Wasteland 3, Ori and whatever happens at the second half of the year (Besides Forza and Halo).
I guess RAD counts too now, even though Bandai Namco is publishing it.

GING-SAMA

Banned
Jul 10, 2019
Wasteland 3 going big !

This is in game (pré alpha) conversation system :

And here's an extended look at the model, animation, and VO for Scotchmo. The dialog UI is very much temp in this video, but provides an example of the type of dialog options you might see in the final game. Our artists want to reiterate that this is of course an early look with temp UI, in-progress lighting, model, and everything else. However, we'd still love to hear your feedback!

All NPC will get their facial animations and their voices also, cannot wait !

Dyashen

Dec 20, 2017
Belgium
Wasteland 3 going big !

Looks good! Still pretty surprised at how inXile is able to create all these things with the more limited budget that they had before. There was also a good interview on what the added MS budget was able to add to the project. Looks like a really good step up from WL2. :)

OneBadMutha

Nov 2, 2017

Yep. It's a positive sign. Unfortunately there's a lag right now but if games like Recore and SoD2 had more time and resources throughout development, they would've been much better games. I'm finding all the delays to be good news and eventually once these studios get their cadence down, it's going to result in consistent quality. Microsoft just has to bite the bullet and deal with the negative feedback through the transition but these delays are the right decision.

knightmawk

Dec 12, 2018
Is it bad that I look forward to the game pass accounts tweets about new games more than I look forward to the new games themselves?

knightmawk

Dec 12, 2018
Well.. the games announced on the Game Pass twitter are playable within a month. Game announces are, most of the times, not out for months or years. :P

I more meant that I look forward to reading the tweets more than I care what games they're about.

Bit tongue in cheek.

I also just don't have the volume to play all of the games, there's so many big ones now.

Apr 6, 2018
Andromeda animations were buggy, clitchy and not that good... But that is probably because, they didn't have enough Time.
Andromeda had problem with specific models, the male and alien ones looked absolutely gorgeous for an rpg

It looks like the final years of the WiiU when nintendo hid all its production until 2017, all this looks a strategy to me: they will have in 2020(aka the swing year)
a metroidvania
a 3d plattform
a 2.5 beat em up
an isometric rpg
a diablo like
a flight simulator
probably AeO3:DE.
If they can release all those before the console launch they could have a huge return in image, plus we still don't know if RAD from Double FIne and Gears tactics will release in 2019
Wasteland 3 going big !

Brain doing budget magic as usually
Production values are already a big step up from Wasteland 2. Getting more and more excited about this game. Sleeper game of the year for fans of Western RPGs.
IMHO, more than production values, it's the wise artistic direction, because this looks way better than the last two AAA fallout's entries.
Fargo really learned how spent well money during those publisherless years

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Hmm "UK developers of Xbox game studios' have to offer"
The rest isnt that intresting. Just some gaming with celebs and some tours etc.

RedSparrows

Prophet of Regret
Feb 22, 2019
It doesn't sound like a showcase for hardcore fans desperate for news. It sounds like a way of showing off a new store and some of the existing stuff MS offers.

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
Just saw that video of Tim Schafer and Psychonauts 2, looking great! And I understood so well when the employees talked about how people from the media sit there, stonefaced during the demo and how great it is when you actually see some smiles and enthusiasm instead. Me, my bro and friends were like the latter when we still had our own website and went behind closed doors at many of these companies at Gamescom and when it was still called Game Convention.

Anywah, it's a 2020 game now, just 2020 and nothing concretr yet?

tanky

Banned
Apr 2, 2019
RAD and Pyschonauts 2 look good. I'm excited about the Double Fine acquisition far more than some of the prior pickups. That said, Xbox could use additional established AAA teams ready to produce high quality experiences.

A concern I have is that it takes time to build world class studios and simply being under the Xbox banner doesn't make that occur instantaneously let alone garuntee it. Getting to such a point could take years, several releases or even entire generations. The Iniative and Playground's unannounced projects are likely slated several years into Scarlett as well.

It's more waiting while we bide our time on smaller titles. For example, despite being tired of Gears, I can't help but get myself pumped for 5 given how starved we've been for beefy games of that ilk. I wish this investment into first-party came sooner.

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
Wasteland 3 going big !

That looks really damn good. Imagine if Fallout actually had NPCs looking like that with that kind of facial animation. This clip here really makes me want to see a third/first person RPG from inXile. It's a shame Wasteland 3 won't be for me. Combat wise it's exactly like the one that is on Xbox now, right? Turn based?

iareharSon

Oct 30, 2017
Who's actually going to walk around with a large phone attached to a controller. And I doubt mobile net is good enough for steaming games.

A lot of people? You already have your cellphone on you, and I know quite a few people purchase controller mounts for their phone for Fortnite and PUGB already. And I would say modern 4G, and the future 5G, are more than fast enough to support the 720-1080P they're shooting for. And it's not like people aren't constantly around WIFI networks.

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
Who's actually going to walk around with a large phone attached to a controller. And I doubt mobile net is good enough for steaming games.
Easy case of not paying attention.

Xcloud will coincide with 5G, like Phil has mentioned when first talking about innovations with Xbox services.

These are examples, not the absolute and only way to use xcloud. But who actually puts their nose in the air and actually dislikes technology being shown off in it's infancy. Psh!!!! It's like asking who actually eats thin crust pizza vs pan deep dish pizza!? The audacity!!!!!!!

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
RAD and Pyschonauts 2 look good. I'm excited about the Double Fine acquisition far more than some of the prior pickups. That said, Xbox could use additional established AAA teams ready to produce high quality experiences.

A concern I have is that it takes time to build world class studios and simply being under the Xbox banner doesn't make that occur instantaneously let alone garuntee it. Getting to such a point could take years, several releases or even entire generations. The Iniative and Playground's unannounced projects are likely slated several years into Scarlett as well.

It's more waiting while we bide our time on smaller titles. For example, despite being tired of Gears, I can't help but get myself pumped for 5 given how starved we've been for beefy games of that ilk. I wish this investment into first-party came sooner.

I feel dumb for this but what's RAD?

As for what you said, yeah it will take loads of time. I don't expect to see actual gameplay from Playground's new game next year, I would love to be surprised but I just doubt it. For The Initiative even more so, no way will we properly see their first game next year at E3.

I'm gonna curb my expectations for the show for sure. I can see Sony showing Ghost of Tsushima on PS5, because that one won't be out before PS5 launch, and I wouldn't be surprised if they show gameplay of Guerilla's new game. I expect once again to be blown away by visuals during the Sony show and I just don't know what I can realistically expect from the Xbox show when it comes to "eye melting" visuals except of course for Halo Infinite. I just want to stay realistic when it comes to that, these new studios can only do so much in little time.

I'm sure Forza will look great but FM is not my thing at all and I just would love to see brand new games blowing us away with their visuals and animation but I don't think we'll get that. But shit, I'd love to be 100% wrong here, let's wait and see.

darthpaxton

Jun 20, 2018
I feel dumb for this but what's RAD?

As for what you said, yeah it will take loads of time. I don't expect to see actual gameplay from Playground's new game next year, I would love to be surprised but I just doubt it. For The Initiative even more so, no way will we properly see their first game next year at E3.

I'm gonna curb my expectations for the show for sure. I can see Sony showing Ghost of Tsushima on PS5, because that one won't be out before PS5 launch, and I wouldn't be surprised if they show gameplay of Guerilla's new game. I expect once again to be blown away by visuals during the Sony show and I just don't know what I can realistically expect from the Xbox show when it comes to "eye melting" visuals except of course for Halo Infinite. I just want to stay realistic when it comes to that, these new studios can only do so much in little time.

I'm sure Forza will look great but FM is not my thing at all and I just would love to see brand new games blowing us away with their visuals and animation but I don't think we'll get that. But shit, I'd love to be 100% wrong here, let's wait and see.

GING-SAMA

Banned
Jul 10, 2019
That looks really damn good. Imagine if Fallout actually had NPCs looking like that with that kind of facial animation. This clip here really makes me want to see a third/first person RPG from inXile. It's a shame Wasteland 3 won't be for me. Combat wise it's exactly like the one that is on Xbox now, right? Turn based?

I think you have to try Wasteland 2, really great game.

I think the second team going to the Third/First person Dark Fantasy Action RPG. Inxile have grow a lot since the acquisition.

it would be nice if Wasteland turns into third/first person rpg but I hope the tactical aspect of combat and squad will always be important.

Paragraf

May 31, 2019
Russia
It's a shame first Pyschonauts is not available digitally in my country. I can't buy xbox/360 games using using pre paid cards since i sold my 360 long ago, vpn trick is not working and store refuses my credit card since. Is there still a way to buy games from other regions using CC?

OneBadMutha

Nov 2, 2017
Want to emphasize how great Indies on Game Pass are right now. Indie Pass going to matter a lot more when Xcloud is up and running. 60 FPS Indies are perfect for on the go. These will be tomorrow's mobile games. AAA Game Pass games when at home. Indies on the go. RTS and strategy games streaming to laptop. One service to cover a bunch of games for multiple devices.

knightmawk

Dec 12, 2018

The phone attached to the controller thing is likely only gonna be a problem for early adopters. Phone cradles with built in game pads on the side already exist for Switch like functionality on phones, I have one for my Pixel that connects over USB C, works for Minecraft. They're usually not great and there aren't a ton of them, but if this streaming stuff takes off, and it probably will, I guarantee you there will be a plethora of phone cases to turn phones in to controllers, of varying quality and officialness.

Status
Not open for further replies.