• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

In Amber Clad

rather sultry
Aug 26, 2018
London
i just went back to re-read that post and I didn't even notice DoA was mentioned. I only saw the mention of Dynasty Warriors in my rush I suppose.

That said, if you keep reading my posts you'll see I later raise the question of MS buying Koei Tecmo as well.

Yeah, as I said, I was coming in a bit late to reply to something that had already been discussed a bit. Just wanted to point out that Hayabusa is an integral character in DoA, but I see now that you weren't talking about that series.

solis74

Jun 11, 2018
Why? Why force people to buy a Scarlett to play games that come with their Game Pass service if they're satisfied with the current gen performance? 1st year or 2 is for the enthusiasts who are willing to pay for prettier and better performing versions of games. Those games in the first year or two started dev on previous gen hardware. Microsoft makes no more money if you buy Game Pass on Scarlett vs the X or the S. The consumer doesn't benefit with less options. Everything that releases in year 1 should scale therefore its consumer-centric to give people the options to buy games on this gen hardware if they choose.

Agree.

Jan 4, 2018
Sounds like much more than just impulse triggers, especially with the trigger resistance changing on the fly etc.
I hope it's optional and you can turn it off, as that could pose a problem for gamers with muscular weakness problems

In another order of things, this week's Deals with Gold have Brütal Legends at a little less than 5€ (guess it'll be 5$ in the US).
Anyone that hasn't tried it owe it to itself

speedomodel

Oct 27, 2017
One of the biggest things for me, is Xbox getting the UI right w/ Scarlet because MAN OH MAN has it been a cluster on Xbox One. I don't think I've ever been more than "it's fine" w/ it this gen.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm fucking bummed about Doom Eternal's delay, but the upside is that I'll have better chances of playing The Outer Worlds properly this Fall/Winter. That's a kind of game that I do want to play but I did fear that I would just push it to the side and forget about it thanks to other bigger games I'm interested in like COD and Doom.

Zappy

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
One of the biggest things for me, is Xbox getting the UI right w/ Scarlet because MAN OH MAN has it been a cluster on Xbox One. I don't think I've ever been more than "it's fine" w/ it this gen.

People say this all the time on era but I like it and prefer it to the PS UI. I don't find it a problem at all. My main gripe is lack of a screenshot/record button.

Switch UI has very few features so hard to judge.

RF Switch

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I believe that too. The more exciting thing for me is how they will combine it with gamepass. Iirc, a while ago I read that gamepass games should be available and playable instantly but we will never see a SSD inside a console big enough to store that amount of games.
Yeah sadly we are going to be back to being bottlenecked by space limitations since i doubt both PS5 and Scarlet will let you boot games from externals. Whoever can get games to be stored on external and to get loaded in to SSD back and forth fastest is going to be at a huge advantage which may be the "secret sauce" Sony is talking about with focusing on the hard drive portion of the console. I still believe Microsoft should have the upper hand in this though but we still know nothing.

Aug 26, 2018
lol
This is a joke, right? Remember XCloud?

That is in public preview/ beta and will most likely be tied to a subscription when it does launch and who knows when it will officially launch for all markets.

Halo has many mobile games?

I am talking of a proper Halo (AAA) Mobile game on Play store/iOS similar to the one we have for COD, PUBG etc. Spartan Strike is not even on Android anymore as far as I checked and is quite old, mobile processors are way more powerful now for a better Halo experience.

Even Nintendo is releasing Mario Kart/Run etc. I know we got Gears Pop but where the hell is Halo?

Oct 27, 2017
That is in public preview/ beta and will most likely be tied to a subscription when it does launch and who knows when it will officially launch for all markets.

I am talking of a proper Halo (AAA) Mobile game on Play store/iOS similar to the one we have for COD, PUBG etc. Spartan Strike is not even on Android anymore as far as I checked and is quite old, mobile processors are way more powerful now for a better Halo experience.

Even Nintendo is releasing Mario Kart/Run etc. I know we got Gears Pop but where the hell is Halo?
sometimes I wonder if your trolling for attention or if you BC are just bored

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
Dedicated hardware is always the best, specifically having hardware that is designed to do RT tasks. The alternatives are software RT and HW RT that is not really design for RT and its just bruteforcing it.

Hmmnn I see, so it's not ideal. I assume they chose this to keep the cost of the system acceptable?

So it remains to be seen what we can really expect of this with Scarlett and PS5?

Deleted member 18951

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Satya continues to big up gaming and the adaptive controller.

Satya.png

Last edited:

In Amber Clad

rather sultry
Aug 26, 2018
London
God, I'd hate it if they made a 'proper' Halo mobile game. As long as it's some iffy side thing like Spartan Assault/Strike I can pretend they don't exist.

Aug 26, 2018
God, I'd hate it if they made a 'proper' Halo mobile game. As long as it's some iffy side thing like Spartan Assault/Strike I can pretend they don't exist.

why?

Genuinely asking, mobile gaming is no longee as restrictive or stripped down experience as it once was.

A Huge IP like Halo would do great on very platform, drive mindshare and grow the IP being on every platform if handled with Care.

Goldstick

Jun 6, 2019
Porto, Portugal
why?

Genuinely asking, mobile gaming is no longee as restrictive or stripped down experience as it once was.

A Huge IP like Halo would do great on very platform, drive mindshare and grow the IP being on every platform if handled with Care.

If there ever was a Halo mobile game it would be focused on micro-transactions and it would be nothing like the games we have now (and even Halo 5 had a lot of focus on monetization mechanics).
It would not be the experience that I and a lot of other fans want to have. You can look at COD mobile, and see their strategy. If you like that then play it, you already have a first person shooter to play on the go. But I personally would hate to see Halo following that path.

Aug 26, 2018
If there ever was a Halo mobile game it would be focused on micro-transactions and it would be nothing like the games we have now (and even Halo 5 had a lot of focus on monetization mechanics).
It would not be the experience that I and a lot of other fans want to have. You can look at COD mobile, and see their strategy. If you like that then play it, you already have a first person shooter to play on the go. But I personally would hate to see Halo following that path.

I understand your point.

But you are assuming the worst, Xbox is not EA/Activision to monetize like crazy. Not to defend COD or anything but the game is free, how else should companies make money? I am not advocating for unfair monetization practices but a free game should some be able to make money.

Minecraft and to an extent Gears Pop also showed how to do it right on Mobile. Not capitalizing on a platform fully like Mobile with 1 Billion Casual gamers is a mistake I think especially in an era where smartphones are getting more and more powerful.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Hmmnn I see, so it's not ideal. I assume they chose this to keep the cost of the system acceptable?

So it remains to be seen what we can really expect of this with Scarlett and PS5?
Until they show off RT games, its all guesswork. They would both be silly to announce RT and then have it being substandard but RT is still early tech. The PC space has been pushing it in various forms, so there is a good chance Scarlett and PS5 have solid tech with less tech limitations/sacrifices than previous PC RT options.

Ebtesam

Self-Requested Ban
Apr 1, 2018
i think we may get a small info about Scarlett in X019 or when they will be the reveal month for it next year

In Amber Clad

rather sultry
Aug 26, 2018
London
why?

Contrary to the many hyperbolic takes out there, Halo and CoD play very, very differently. I don't see how you could translate a Halo game to mobile (with the touchscreen controls that would imply) and still have it feel like Halo. And if it's not going to feel like Halo, why bother?

And this might sound short-sighted, but personally I don't care about mindshare and growing the IP. I don't really give a fig about sales or critical response, either. All that's for the suits to work out. I care about a good Halo game, first and foremost.

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
Until they show off RT games, its all guesswork. They would both be silly to announce RT and then have it being substandard but RT is still early tech. The PC space has been pushing it in various forms, so there is a good chance Scarlett and PS5 have solid tech with less tech limitations/sacrifices than previous PC RT options.

Halo Infinite would be a fantastic chance to show it off, also to show a clear difference conpared to the Xbox One version.

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
I can see Halo and Forza being the major showcase RT titles for Scarlett.

DF was wondering if they had been using RT in the E3 video but that wasn't the case. But that was such a brief part, and it's possible they are keeping it until they can show actual Scarlett footage of the game.

Given the raytracing job descriptions a few months ago, I think Ninja Theory will muscle in with their new story-focused game, too :)

Oh snap. That be lovely.

Deleted member 51691

Banned
Jan 6, 2019
COD Mobile is heavily monetized but feels fair. Haven't spent a dime on it

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Given the raytracing job descriptions a few months ago, I think Ninja Theory will muscle in with their new story-focused game, too :)
That would be nice! I think MS basically has to show the use of RT tech in several types of games. Shooter and racing makes sense, some action game would be great. I can also see Gears 5 getting retrofitted for it.

In Amber Clad

rather sultry
Aug 26, 2018
London
God I can't wait to see what Ninja Theory do next. I'm not entirely sure Bleeding Edge is for me* (though I do think it looks really stylish!), but the good thing with many of these studios having multiple teams is that there'll probably be something I do like along before long.

*if I don't get into it, it'll be the first NT game I won't have enjoyed. They're a great studio.

speedomodel

Oct 27, 2017
People say this all the time on era but I like it and prefer it to the PS UI. I don't find it a problem at all. My main gripe is lack of a screenshot/record button.

I mean, I dislike the PS4's more for sure. It's one of my biggest complaints w/ my PS4. But Xbox One's is so slow, cluttered, and buggy. I constantly have to skip over the fucking Mixer tab because they felt the need to add it. The thing moves like a turtle at times. Getting to my games library takes far too many clicks. It's like they keep trying to streamline the process instead of fix it. I felt like the UI on 360 was great and they've never been able to make it work on the One.

Deleted member 51691

Banned
Jan 6, 2019

Switch UI is the best at the very basic function of loading and switching between games, but also feature light.

In Amber Clad

rather sultry
Aug 26, 2018
London
I mean, I dislike the PS4's more for sure. It's one of my biggest complaints w/ my PS4. But Xbox One's is so slow, cluttered, and buggy. I constantly have to skip over the fucking Mixer tab because they felt the need to add it. The thing moves like a turtle at times. Getting to my games library takes far too many clicks. It's like they keep trying to streamline the process instead of fix it. I felt like the UI on 360 was great and they've never been able to make it work on the One.

I agree that it's sluggish, but down+a is too many clicks..?

Ebtesam

Self-Requested Ban
Apr 1, 2018
if Scarlett and PS5 have the same power

i think they should reavel it soon or give more info about it

Status
Not open for further replies.