• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeoGame

Dec 11, 2018
Knightmawk with the receipts. Thanks!

Is it weird that I kind of want this now?

Yeah, this is broadly why I was thinking the managing studio would have the final word. But I shouldn't think there's anything stopping, say, Obsidian pitching for... oh, I don't know... Shadowrun?

Ahem.
Does MS still own the Shadowrun rights? Because it would be awesome to see Obsidian or InXile take it on.

Also, no, not weird at all. It's the type of crossover that could either go super poorly or work really well. If NT did it, at least the combat would be on point.

In Amber Clad

static and disarray
Aug 26, 2018
London
Does MS still own the Shadowrun rights? Because it would be awesome to see Obsidian or InXile take it on.

Also, no, not weird at all. It's the type of crossover that could either go super poorly or work really well. If NT did it, at least the combat would be on point.

I think they do. For video games, at least. And yeah, it'd be very cool.

Hmm. Maybe we can petition Rahni Tucker to get Banjo in Bleeding Edge. Then we're halfway there.

Redesigned83

Jul 9, 2018
Here's My Wishlist Of Varying Levels of Realism (after losing IO if you need any more inspiration):

Bloober Team - Not for me.
WayForward - Not for me.
Frontier (if they weren't so big) - Sure, I'm a fan.
JP Games - ??
Asobo (we share them) - Yes.
Amy Hennig Studio - All In.
Playful - Ehh I wouldn't mind but I don't think I'd like alot of their content but Star Child looks good.
Nihon Falcom (difficult dur to Japanese laws and Public trading) - ???
A44 - Ok I guess, didn't like Ashen but I could see them doing other good things.
Arc System Works - Not for me
DLaLa - Not for me
Iron Galaxy - Yes but I'd need another studio alongside them
Dotemu - Not for me.

Sotha_Sil

Nov 4, 2017
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the new acquisitions opens the door to IP sharing, right? Like if one studio wants to take a crack at another's IP and the other agrees, it shouldn't be a problem, right? This particularly applies to Rare as they are namely a New IP factory now, and I think some of their legacy IP might be a great fit with other developers (Perfect Dark with Obsidian, Conker with Double Fine, Jet Force Gemini with Ninja Theory) and hope the new relationships help remove those barriers if needed.

I'd also love to see how Obsidian might take on a Wasteland game and InXile a Pillars of Eternity or Age of Empires game, if both sides are willing of course.

I doubt any of them want to give up the games they spent all their time making. Rare's old IPs being the exception to the rule since they have no intention of revisiting them.

UraMallas

Nov 1, 2017
United States
I don't really think it will be any XGS studio's goal to make fully cross-gen games as much as it will be MS's goal to design the Scarlett hardware and give the tools so that it is so easy to scale across Xbox One and Scarlett that it would be stupid not to. If I'm Phil, that is a big goal from the beginning. He's also said multiple times that he wants a generationless future and I think Scarlett will be (and has been) designed with that in mind. Meaning cross-gen first-party games are more abundant than not. Especially at launch.

Phil has also stated he wants to give the studios autonomy and freedom to do what they want to do. To me, that would include where they want to devote dev time with regards to cross-gen or Scarlett. So, again, the best thing that Phil can do to bring the generationless future talk in line with the autonomy of studios talk is to design the hardware to make it incredibly easy to do cross-gen. I think that's sort of a pillar from day one for Scarlett R&D.

Who knows.

solis74

Jun 11, 2018
BKyKou0.png

MSFS2020 New york

:O

Raider34

Banned
May 8, 2018
United States
I got a feeling Sony is going to tweet out they have acquired Remedy Entertainment, Housemarque & Bluepoint games during or right before X019 and Microsoft is going to come out there and announce Hello Games
So since this is my expectation I'm going in hoping to see some good games Microsoft is staffing up studios and getting the right tools and leadership so I'm happy with the studio situation it would be nice to have one Wow did they really do that thing but I guess that will come next generation when gamepass takes off more.

Aug 26, 2019
All the interesting picks have already been swallowed up. The wildcards like High Moon (Transformers War for Cybertron, Fall of Cybertron). Given the right IP and budget they could've made a system seller. I would've trusted them with Gears.

Oct 26, 2018

Hudsoniscool

Banned
Jun 5, 2018
There's been a lot of negative talk about halo infinite being in Xbox one.

I think it's likely that skybox labs who has partnered on developing the game is handling the Xbox one version. Which would be a best case senerio.

1) 343 gets to focus on the Scarlett/pc version. Allowing them to take full advantage of ray tracing, the ryzen cpu and ssd.

2) skybox labs handles getting that game on Xbox one, with as few downgrades as possible.

This allows Xbox one users to play the game without compromising the Scarlett version. It's been done in the past with titan fall 1 and forza horizon 2 coming to mind.

I hope this is how ms handles getting there games on Xbox one for the the next couple years. Either internally or externally have a separate team develop the Xbox one version. Under no circumstances let the Scarlett version be downgraded because the one can't handle it.

If 343 has ambition to have a 100 person multiplayer mode on a Fortnite sized map but can't get it running on Xbox one than saying sorry one owners it's not possible on ur console is a good excuse.

Hudsoniscool

Banned
Jun 5, 2018
well that doesn't really say one way or the other. It also says "Scarlett will be the special citizen".

All I'm saying is if they have ambition to do something amazing, ambitious and grand on Scarlett that Xbox one shouldn't keep them from that. Reading that article sounds like that's their goal as well. But they will achieve it without making Xbox one feel second class.

Maybe that engine can scale like crazy.

Kolbe1894

Oct 25, 2017
I got a feeling Sony is going to tweet out they have acquired Remedy Entertainment, Housemarque & Bluepoint games during or right before X019 and Microsoft is going to come out there and announce Hello Games
So since this is my expectation I'm going in hoping to see some good games Microsoft is staffing up studios and getting the right tools and leadership so I'm happy with the studio situation it would be nice to have one Wow did they really do that thing but I guess that will come next generation when gamepass takes off more.
We should already heard about Sony is getting close to acquire Remedy if this happens, because Remedy is a public company.
Plus what's the point buying a expensive but can't make a huge seller studio? not worth for Sony too since their studios can do what Remedy do but better.

Hudsoniscool

Banned
Jun 5, 2018
We should already heard about Sony is getting close to acquire Remedy if this happens, because Remedy is a public company.
Plus what's the point buying a expensive but can't make a huge seller studio? not worth for Sony too since their studios can do what Remedy do but better.
Looking at Remedy's stock prices and market value I will be very surprised if Sony does indeed acquire them.

Paragraf

May 31, 2019
Russia
well that doesn't really say one way or the other. It also says "Scarlett will be the special citizen".

All I'm saying is if they have ambition to do something amazing, ambitious and grand on Scarlett that Xbox one shouldn't keep them from that. Reading that article sounds like that's their goal as well. But they will achieve it without making Xbox one feel second class.

Maybe that engine can scale like crazy.
Scarlett certainly can afford a lot more, but since the game will support cross play between PC, Scarlett and xbox one, I'm not sure if this will work.

CRZYSPZ

Self-requested permanent ban
Banned
Jan 3, 2018
Fargo, ND
I'll be so disappointed if Sony acquire Remedy. It will be the final bullet in the Quantum Break IP ;_;
I highly doubt that Sony has any intentions of acquiring Remedy, especially anytime soon. Its been mentioned over and over again that they are a publicly traded company. Then add on to the fact that Control absolutely BOMBED, I doubt Sony is jumping to the pull the trigger on acquiring them.

And even if they are acquired, that doesn't stop someone else from making a QB sequel (its not like all the devs at Remedy will stay there all their life). Then again, as much as many of us like the QB IP, I'd argue it doesn't have much legs as a series. Now Alan Wake on the other hand is a completely different story.

Looking at Remedy's stock prices and market value I will be very surprised if Sony does indeed acquire them.
Precisely. I'd imagine securing Kojima Productions, Bluepoint, and maybe Housemarque or Ready at Dawn would be their first priorities. I also don't know if Sony will willing to pony out so much money all at once to acquire studios (unless Apple goes through with purchasing Sony pictures, that'd give them extra cash).

Like said above, Control absolutely BOMBED. Like, it didn't even reach top 20 sold games on PS4 for the month it was released (but Man of Medan did, and released 3 days after Control, on August 30th). No one should be jumping the gun on purchasing Remedy outright unless they believe they can really do something to make their games sell like crazy, or have good enough reason to find a different benefit.

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
from the halo OT...

hmmm.

FYI, HCS has been basically inactive for quite some time. not sure what this could mean other than news of halo infinite flighting

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Nadella probably is really happy with FS, It uses all the cloud and service stuff from MS. Its a good showing also from Spencer i think showing what gaming can add also to the services.

Tsubasa

Apr 29, 2018
Agreed. I loved Blair Witch for its atomsphere, storytelling, reverance for the movies, mechanics and design. It really only suffered for me in QA, Polish and some Textures. I think with the right budget, they will be at the forefront of horror games, especially in this post Silent Hill world.
Totally agree. Layers of Fear was insane and Observer showed they could make horror games with a totally different atmosphere. One of the best AA teams right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.