• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 23, 2018
I hope Pillars of Eternity I and II on Game Pass is announced at XO19 and the Obsidian releases are staggered.
  • November: Fallout: New Vegas, The Outer Worlds
  • December: Pillars of Eternity I
  • January: Pillars of Eternity II

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
Infinite is probably going to blow my socks off with the amount of content they will launch and have post-launch. i can feel it in my bones.

JaggedSac

Oct 25, 2017
Burbs of Atlanta
If this is a success, I can see them doing another spin-off as they did before:

220px-Combat_Flight_Simulator_cover.jpg

Crimson Skies

Apr 6, 2018
Age of Empires is a new studio, like explained on the previous page. Just like MS counts it. Maybe it'll "feel" more like that once the studio had its own name soon.
ah ok cool
Everyone who? There's just Destiny, The Division, Borderlands, and Warframe.
And destiny need 4 years to reach its current status
Since Infinite reveal and Halo 2 anniversary replay I'm dreaming of full underwater level. Halo 2 had it at few glimpses. Maybe Infinite? At one pont I had even Halo Bioshock inspired Flood level. Huh.
Therewas a plan for an underwater level in reach, but it was scrapped for the space mission.
I'm not sure if I want a proper water level, instead of having water as a mechanics in the game.
"bioshock" and "flood" are two of the most over rated words in gaming history
343 Industries is growing - opening 21 new positions.

Open Vacancies at 343i

Currently at 520. Great news for Halo fans.
Where Did you found the "520" thing?
BTW here on msft website I can find 23 jobs in 343 https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/search-results?keywords=halo&from=20&s=1

This is going to be pretty on Xbox Scarlett.
IDK if will be that good on console

EdgeXL

Oct 27, 2017
California
Can somebody explain to me why Game Pass seems to be driving some people insane? Today on Era we have a thread by someone who says he prefers game ownership over subscriptions. If it ended there then that would have been fair enough.

But this guy went and used about 24 accounts to abuse the Alienware Game Pass giveaway and got his subscription free for two years - knowing full well he wouldn't own the games. Then he comes to Era to complain how he feels great games lose their enjoyability once they are on a subscription service.

I swear, the last year or so has brought out some of the most bizarre anti-Xbox posts ever.

solis74

Jun 11, 2018
Can somebody explain to me why Game Pass seems to be driving some people insane? Today on Era we have a thread by someone who says he prefers game ownership over subscriptions. If it ended there then that would have been fair enough.

But this guy went and used about 24 accounts to abuse the Alienware Game Pass giveaway and got his subscription free for two years - knowing full well he wouldn't own the games. Then he comes to Era to complain how he feels great games lose their enjoyability once they are on a subscription service.

I swear, the last year or so has brought out some of the most bizarre anti-Xbox posts ever.

wow lol

Oct 27, 2017

Because anything positive that happens for the Xbox is met with complete confusion and no idea how to react for some people.

knightmawk

Dec 12, 2018

Yeah man, that guy sucks, I hate people like that. It reminds me of a guy I knew in college who said he pirated stuff because "he shouldn't have to pay for something that's available for free on TV", his parents paid for his cable, so I guess to him that was free.

Like, you prefer ownership, cool, people have been saying that since iTunes came about, they said they preferred physical ownership to digital ownership, then when Netflix and Spotify got big they preferred ownership to streaming, now with game subscriptions they'll prefer owning just the games they want to subscribing to play a bunch they don't. Some people I swear just like to complain. Some of its anti-Xbox hate sure, but some of its also just dock heads being dock heads.

Deleted member 45460

User requested account closure
Banned
Jun 27, 2018

There's an entire thread about how having Halo Infinite available on Xbox One means the game is going to be terrible. There are a lot of bad threads on this site.

iareharSon

Oct 30, 2017

The general rule is that whenever there's a small trickling of positive Xbox (or negative Playstation) related news, expect something decidedly negative for Xbox to follow.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

What I love the most is that we had like 30 variants of the "why is Xbox Live still required for free games" thread, coincidentally always hours after some bad shit that came from Sony's side. That one in particular is like clockwork.

B1ggRandall

Oct 27, 2017

BRO!

Defect

Oct 25, 2017

I'm going to let you in on a secret. A lot of people on this site are big dumbo supremes.

Jan 4, 2018
The general rule is that whenever there's a small trickling of positive Xbox (or negative Playstation) related news, expect something decidedly negative for Xbox to follow.
Clearly my favourite of the week is the one in the "why is xcloud seen as something new when PS has done ot for years" thread claiming Sony will be using Azure without paying because "Sony is not gonna pay their competition"

In his favor, when presented with facts and rational explanations he stopped answering instead of doubling down, so kudos to him I guess hahah

christocolus

Oct 27, 2017
Clearly my favourite of the week is the one in the "why is xcloud seen as something new when PS has done ot for years" thread claiming Sony will be using Azure without paying because "Sony is not gonna pay their competition"

In his favor, when presented with facts and rational explanations he stopped answering instead of doubling down, so kudos to him I guess hahah
Link to that thread pls? I would love to read the comments especially the one you mentioned. Lol

Laver

Banned
Mar 30, 2018
520 employees at 343i is a ton. I hope they're also working on a spin-off game, the Halo universe is underserved.

RedSparrows

Prophet of Regret
Feb 22, 2019
I don't care particularly for the Xbox/PS bitterness on here, as such. What I dislike far more is what that is part of: a prescriptive, conceited and limiting obsession with certain things: sales, 'consensus', metacritic ratings, 'hype', canonising games, regurgitating narratives over actually fucking engaging with things.

It's endless and it's boring and leads to so much utterly unecessary angst. I dislike it so much because it's redolent of wider issues in society that I wish would also fuck off: the ugly side of tribalism, a lack of imagination, and essentially, intolerance. It's entirely possible to love something and not be a douche. Shouldn't be so hard.

Sep 19, 2019
Hamburg- Germany

Haha, I saw a lot of those guys on here lately. If you are a collector of physicals I am with that but claims like games not being enjoyable and subscriptions are bad for the industry or whatever ate just ridiculous and you should just ignore them.

The only complain I have about gamepass is that I just don't have enough time to play all those games. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Jan 4, 2018
Haha, I saw a lot of those guys on here lately. If you are a collector of physicals I am with that but claims like games not being enjoyable and subscriptions are bad for the industry or whatever ate just ridiculous and you should just ignore them.

The only complain I have about gamepass is that I just don't have enough time to play all those games. 🤷🏼‍♂️
If it's to collect (or trade after playing) physical I get it. What I find to be the most funny is when people attack Game Pass for not owning the games and then say they prefer to buy games when on sale on Steam, MS store, PSstore, e-shop...
Without realising that if one of those stores were to ever be shut down they'll be loosing acces to their games, so they don't really own anything hahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.