• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dyashen

Dec 20, 2017
Belgium
BHKjXiV.gif

Looks pretty rad :D

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The only visual aspect of Battletoads I don't care for is Rash's silhouette.

He animates well but I wish he had thiccer thighs or something, maybe bring his chonker shoulders down a bit and put that into his biceps or something.

solis74

Jun 11, 2018
I posted this in the next gen thread, but I will post here too given some of the performance talk.

One thing to keep in mind here particularly if the actual hardware being used is super close per the rumors is that Richard from Digital Foundry mentioned during that EGX 2019 talk posted yesterday that paper TF specs alone definitely do not explain how the Xbox One X can get 4 times the pixel count of base PS4 (6 TF versus 1.84 TF) and 2 times the pixel count of PS4 Pro in many games (6 TF versus 4.2 TF). Heck, Cerny himself said that he thought 8TF was necessary for 4K and we got native 4K on Red Dead Redemption 2 on the X. So we truly don't know much at all about eventual real world game performance a year out considering that both companies may be doing things in their architecture with cache, latency, draw call efficiency (the ultimate foundation of any graphics pipeline) and so forth. That is why consoles are more interesting than "off the shelf" PC parts.

Note that I do not believe that there is some crazy magic that will suddenly enable one or the other to have a huge performance advantage if the hardware is truly so close, just that eventual relative performance to each other cannot be credibly assessed a year out for the reasons I cited and final driver tweaks and everything else that can come (you see updated Nividia and AMD drivers all the time right when new GPUs launch that improve performance).

good info there..

Aug 26, 2019
At X019, Phil Spency 😩😩😩should say something spicy🌶 like

"By X020 you will be playing on Xbox <insert legit name for the new console here>!"

Drop that late October/early November release date

BOT John

alt account
Banned
Oct 8, 2019
Since there's no general xbox thread, I'm gonna ask here.
Does the white xbox one X are more found to have coil whine? I did a quick research and most of them were the white version.

I bought the NBA 2k20 version (here in Europe is called the hyperspace version) and it has coil whine.
I'm asking in order to know if I should ask for a replacement or find a way to buy a different bundle.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Since there's no general xbox thread, I'm gonna ask here.
Does the white xbox one X are more found to have coil whine? I did a quick research and most of them were the white version.

I bought the NBA 2k20 version (here in Europe is called the hyperspace version) and it has coil whine.
I'm asking in order to know if I should ask for a replacement or find a way to buy a different bundle.
I think there was some early units that had the issue and people got it replaced. Not really heard that many people complaining about the coil whine. If you have only just got it, get it replaced just to make sure.

BOT John

alt account
Banned
Oct 8, 2019
Since this one is a new version it should have a recent production date.
Yeah, when I search on youtube everything is from 2018.. Maybe I was just unlucky

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
We yet have to understand how this affects triple-A games (Forza Horizon 4 sold more than 3 but Gears 5 sold less than 4), but there's no doubt that a good indie game gets tons of extra sales being on the Pass.
Gears 5 was mainly advertised as a Gamepass game really. Think MS is just trying to test it also (extremes to both ends) And how it affects normal sales etc.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
We yet have to understand how this affects triple-A games (Forza Horizon 4 sold more than 3 but Gears 5 sold less than 4), but there's no doubt that a good indie game gets tons of extra sales being on the Pass.
Forza Horizon 4 wasn't really marketed as a Game Pass game to the same extent that Gears 5 was. I think most big AAA Microsoft exclusives moving forward will see diminished sales as a result of Game Pass, particularly those in established franchises. New IPs could see a boost in sales because of Game Pass exposure.

GING-SAMA

Banned
Jul 10, 2019

AAAA Game !

I think Halo infinite will have a phenomenal Artistic Direction.

Formerly in Halo there was only 1 Art director, On Halo infinite there are 3

Art Director: "SPARTH" who will talk all his talent in halo infinite because with Halo 5 he was 1 years to complete the Art of the game.

Assistant Art Director: Martin Deschambault, formerly Lead concept artist of the AC saga, he is the author of an artistic project named Project 77.

Assistant Art Director : Darren bacon formerly from bungie he has work on destiny 1

Special mention to Ben Mauro who also joined 343i who is the Art Director of Valerian, he always work freelance but for Halo infinite he works full time.

My wish :

- deep narration with a very long campaign.

-The opening of the world for a great immersion.

-Big cities to visit with interactions,life,NPCs etc...
latest

83248.jpg

From concept art.

I'm sure he wants to make that kind of environment in real time.

-The smart return of floods and Atriox.

-A RPG system smartly brought to Halo.

-The basic gameplay will no longer have Spartan charge and dash but only the sprint.

For the solo mode it will be unlockable elements among many others.

And it will not exist in multi.

And...

More, more, more natural and exotical environment like that :
1571491210-1700677-ship.jpg

In Chris Lee we trust !

I write this message with so much tears that the wait is too long 😢

sponger

Dec 7, 2018

AAAA Game !

Art Director: "SPARTH" who will talk all his talent in halo infinite because with Halo 5 he was 1 years to complete the Art of the game.

Assistant Art Director: Martin Deschambault, formerly Lead concept artist of the AC saga, he is the author of an artistic project named Project 77.

Assistant Art Director : Darren bacon formerly from bungie he has work on destiny 1

Special mention to Ben Mauro who also joined 343i who is the Art Director of Valerian, he always work freelance but for Halo infinite he works full time.

My wish :

- deep narration with a very long campaign.

-The opening of the world for a great immersion.

-Big cities to visit with interactions,life,NPCs etc...
latest

83248.jpg

From concept art.

I'm sure he wants to make that kind of environment in real time.

-The smart return of floods and Atriox.

-A RPG system smartly brought to Halo.

-The basic gameplay will no longer have Spartan charge and dash but only the sprint.

For the solo mode it will be unlockable elements among many others.

And it will not exist in multi.

And...

More, more, more natural and exotical environment like that :
1571491210-1700677-ship.jpg

In Chris Lee we trust !

I write this message with so much tears that the wait is too long 😢

I never had so much confidence in Halo's Art team as I have now and I've been following the series since day one.

Nicolas Bouvier, Martin Deschambault and Darren Bacon are the Dream Team if you ask me. Can't wait.

On top of all Halo classic stuff I hope that they will explore "underwater Halo" level, I would be sooo happy with it.

In 5 they had the plan but it was never in the final game. Such great concept. Imagine driving these stealth underwater-beasts! And then dock somewhere, decompose, fight the short tunnels filled with flood - then elevators to go deeper in search for some mysterious promethean artefact. Huh, man can dream!

sparth-sparth-unsc-underwater-station-f.jpg

Last edited:

GING-SAMA

Banned
Jul 10, 2019
I never had so much confidence in Halo's Art team as I have it now and I've been following the series since day one.

Nicolas Bouvier, Martin Deschambault and Darren Bacon are the Dream Team if you ask me. Can't wait.

I do not think there is better Art teams in this industry for Space Opera/Sci fi/Cyberpunk.

With the new engine and development time, this halo Infinite has the potential to put the same slap as Halo CE ...

Feb 23, 2018

AAAA Game !

Jesus that is some amazing talent O.o

Really hope that aside from Schweitzer they get amazing composers as well...

OneBadMutha

Nov 2, 2017
Honestly, the days of interesting technical differences have been behind us for a while. The PS4 and the XBO are essentially the same, save for an unfortunate (if understandable) decision by MS regarding the RAM, the X is largely a Pro plus 1 year and $100, etc. The days of hardware operating in different ways are long behind us, and while that's really better for the industry on the whole, a part of me does miss the days of "it's better at this but worse at that."

I have to agree Matt. I think it'll be like a Dark Souls build. Each has essentially the same amounts of points to spend. They may prioritize different attributes in their builds. My question is do you see Sony prioritizing GPU/visuals more while Microsoft prioritizes CPU related tasks. Sony's brand and strength revolves around visuals due to prioritizing of their studios on storytelling. Xbox will be forced to focus more on ML due Xcloud. Also their Game Stack is mostly tools related to CPU tasks such as physics.

My assumption is PlayStation will have the edge in GPU and graphics which is where most people determine the power "winner" and is why devs are now saying PlayStation has a slight edge where as Xbox will prioritize CPU which is why they've changed narrative to "most immersive" over "most powerful" console.

Status
Not open for further replies.