• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 4, 2018
Can you all imagine if they announce at XO19 that Death Stranding is coming day 1 (of PC launch) to Xbox Game Pass for PC?
It would be great hahaha

It's funny since we got no leak/info about acquisation, it look like we would get nothing. Playtonic was in my wishlist , so i was happy about them if it was true.
Now, i really don't see which studio Microsoft can buy, THQ already bought a lot of studio that Microsoft should have look into. I really think that Google is looking into Tequilla works since they are making an exclusive game for them.
RAD if it's going to be bought, it's more likely that it"s going to be Facebook/oculus.
I only see playdead, Crytek that can be a nice purchase. ( i don't know a lot of great others independant studios)
I always wondered if their plan with THQ was buying a lot of interesting studios in prevision that a tech giant might want to get into or boost their game-making capacities in the following years and then sell

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
I hope the format isn't a big/longer Inside Xbox show. I hope they do something special for XO and not have it just like a format they do every month. That would deflate my engagement.

This is the Xbox show, with a stage and marketing presence to show high caliber details.
not on the caliber of e3, since that is a whole different monster in its self but I'd want to see XO have some character with personality which then could relate to Xbox and the XGS team. (they are already establishing this with their comments/tweets when showing off cross studio comradeship)

just my two cents on hopes and dreams.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's funny since we got no leak/info about acquisation, it look like we would get nothing. Playtonic was in my wishlist , so i was happy about them if it was true.
Now, i really don't see which studio Microsoft can buy, THQ already bought a lot of studio that Microsoft should have look into. I really think that Google is looking into Tequilla works since they are making an exclusive game for them.
RAD if it's going to be bought, it's more likely that it"s going to be Facebook/oculus.
I only see playdead, Crytek that can be a nice purchase. ( i don't know a lot of great others independant studios)
RAD would be too much of risk for MS to buy anyway. Now if MS could partner with them first for a Triple A game then that would be great and decide afterwards whether they're worth buying. Playdead (Limbo, Inside) would be a great buy, as well as Night School Studio (Oxenfree, Afterparty), Supergiant Games (Bastion, Transistor), and/or Capybara Games.

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
They already bought a studio for Banjo Kazooie and Viva Pinata.....Rare. They are just choosing not to invest in that I.P. yet.

Rare wouldn't be making them, they are a completely different studio now. They still have those Rare series though and can easily put them to use.

It was never a thing to begin with so I'm not sure why you would be upset lol

It was a thing since Playtonic even had to release a statement debunking the, ahem, "evidence". And search my post history, I suggested Playtonic long ago so to see it be a thing that was false is of course saddening.

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
I really hope that Obsidian talks about patches for TOW. The game needs the CA toggle, Text Size Toggle and a serious game balance. Playing on Hard is only a challenge for the first 2 hours then it is a cake walk after. Economy is broken with a 5-6 hours because the amount of loot and items you find too easily in the world. I love the game but damn does it need some adjustments.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
I really hope that Obsidian talks about patches for TOW. The game needs the CA toggle, Text Size Toggle and a serious game balance. Playing on Hard is only a challenge for the first 2 hours then it is a cake walk after. Economy is broken with a 5-6 hours because the amount of loot and items you find too easily in the world. I love the game but damn does it need some adjustments.
They just announced that a patch is coming

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
They just announced that a patch is coming
Yeah, I saw that, but they gave no time line and they called the first one a "Hot Fix". A "hot fix" is something that comes out within days of release to fix major issues or something preventing people from playing or advancing in a game. As of today, it will be 2 weeks from release. They also mentioned "a few months" for a big patch. That does not sound good/comforting at all. Sorry if I am being negative, but I really love the game and I really wish they would of been more on top of fixing things, especially the CA removal and the text size that makes the game a challenge for many to play.

The other BIG gripe I have with the game is how they have handled the Xbox One X version of the game. It is basically the standard Xbox One version in higher resolution and worse view distance/foliage than the PS4/Pro's version. I know Private Division is the pub for the game, but Obsidian developed the game and has been owned by MS for over a year now...you would think they would of put a little more effort into the "X" version. In the DF analysis of the game, the foliage is below "Low" of the PC version for the "X" while the PS4 Base/PRO is High compared to the PC version. How??? Again, loving the game but damn did they mess some stuff up.

Jun 22, 2018
Yeah, I saw that, but they gave no time line and they called the first one a "Hot Fix". A "hot fix" is something that comes out within days of release to fix major issues or something preventing people from playing or advancing in a game. As of today, it will be 2 weeks from release. They also mentioned "a few months" for a big patch. That does not sound good/comforting at all. Sorry if I am being negative, but I really love the game and I really wish they would of been more on top of fixing things, especially the CA removal and the text size that makes the game a challenge for many to play.

The other BIG gripe I have with the game is how they have handled the Xbox One X version of the game. It is basically the standard Xbox One version in higher resolution and worse view distance/foliage than the PS4/Pro's version. I know Private Division is the pub for the game, but Obsidian developed the game and has been owned by MS for over a year now...you would think they would of put a little more effort into the "X" version. In the DF analysis of the game, the foliage is below "Low" of the PC version for the "X" while the PS4 Base/PRO is High compared to the PC version. How??? Again, loving the game but damn did they mess some stuff up.
They did give a time line on this next patch. It's planned for next week, if all goes well.

https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/112403-patch-1110-coming-soon/

Camonna Tong

Mar 2, 2018
I doubt Outer Worlds will have DLC.

When you complete the main quest line you don't go back to the game world. It's credits then the menu. You'd have to use a save from before you begin the final quest.

Which says to me "wait for a sequel" more than it does "we're gonna have DLC."
So did NV. That still got DLC.

CRZYSPZ

Self-requested permanent ban
Banned
Jan 3, 2018
Fargo, ND
This is cool, where are you getting this? I'd guess CC2 will probably be showing off DBZ Kakarot, I'd be pretty shocked if they showed off either of their other unannounced project at X019 of all places. Not unhappy, but shocked.
The tweet Theory shared mentions what games will be playable at the event.

The Good Life, DBZ Kakarot, and MS FS are all mentioned.
I wouldn't look too much into it, but I do find it interesting that The Good Life (White Owls game) will be playable. Not something I was really expecting.

knightmawk

Dec 12, 2018

I wouldn't look too much into it, but I do find it interesting that The Good Life (White Owls game) will be playable. Not something I was really expecting.

Okay wow yeah, I scrolled through that list and somehow just didn't see DBZK. The Good Life does seem like a weird game to have playable at the show, but White Owls and Xbox have seemed pretty close lately too. Phil's trying to make friends in Japan, makes sense.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019

Weird choice. I thought the game is PC only? Maybe ID@Xbox is funding an Xbox One port. Definitely an odd lineup overall with some choices I wouldn't have expected like Roller Champions and SkateBird.

GING-SAMA

Banned
Jul 10, 2019
I personally hope that MS will buy another Japanese studio that white owls.

That Tabata studio would be the best imo.

Oct 25, 2017
I personally hope that MS will buy another Japanese studio that white owls.

That Tabata studio would be the best imo.

Multi Team/Studios is coming :)

How would you guys feel about a Fable 4 logo tease?

Good... but i doubt it.

Maybe present at Inside Xbox too:

Interesting.

Amazing news o/

X019 |OT| A Rare Theory of a Ninja in the Playground

I'll get me coat

Haha, good one.

Laver

Banned
Mar 30, 2018
My X019 wishlist:
- "Halo Reach available now", along the release dates for the rest of the MCC titles on PC
- some Halo Infinite tidbits
- Pillars of Eternity 3 announcement. Spring 2021.
- AOE4 gameplay reveal
- Game Pass extravaganza, similar to last year's showing

Status
Not open for further replies.