• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

In Amber Clad

static and disarray
Aug 26, 2018
London
Couple pics.

HeEYADf.jpg

x9IYV3p.jpg

TiagoCosta

User requested ban
Banned
Aug 3, 2018

Bigger points in my view were seeing Tokyo as a strong X0 possibility, wishing to see the rest of the yakuza series on xbox, next box being released WW inc Japan day 1 (killed xbox one there by being 1 year late), saying game pass is helping with convincing jp devs. Lots of talk about how xbox fans are super into jp games and keep asking him for more and he knows jp devs and games are quality and he needs to keep working hard to get more.

JayWood2010

Oct 27, 2017
What we know about Everwild

Pre-production, few years away
50 Developer team, looking to grow. 20 jobs are open now.
Adventure that will be a new way to play
Inspired by Zelda Breath of the Wild (Note the climbing in the trailer)
Has god Like Elements
Studio Lead is Lois O'Connor most Known for Conker's Bad Fur Day
Viva Pinatas Art Director
Rumored to have an online component though that could be countless different things

Sounds great on paper, and the world looks fantastic.

Judge

Vault-Tec Seal of Approval
Oct 25, 2017
It's absolutely incredible when you think how much is in 2020 and what is still to come in 2021 and beyond. They have done a great job laying the ground for their studios and services in 2018 and 2019 for this.

Ebtesam

Self-Requested Ban
Apr 1, 2018
Bigger points in my view were seeing Tokyo as a strong X0 possibility, wishing to see the rest of the yakuza series on xbox, next box being released WW inc Japan day 1 (killed xbox one there by being 1 year late), saying game pass is helping with convincing jp devs. Lots of talk about how xbox fans are super into jp games and keep asking him for more and he knows jp devs and games are quality and he needs to keep working hard to get more.
if next X0 in Japan and More JPs games coming to Game pass and FH 5 setting in Japan that maybe will help the Brand there a lot...

and the console coming late and and NOT Localized (like the PS4) in my Country too kill the popularity here too after as strong gen with 360

TiagoCosta

User requested ban
Banned
Aug 3, 2018
if next X0 in Japan and More JPs games coming to Game pass and FH 5 setting in Japan that maybe will help the Brand there a lot

I agree, but the way he worded it I can't see it next year.

it's part of the several cities they have listed ''to be close to the fans'' that can't attend E3 he says. Still they are considering it which is nice to know.

solis74

Jun 11, 2018
This is a really great interview with Phil Spencer with tons of great quotes, a must read for Xbox fans IMO - https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2019-11-15-the-big-xo19-interview-xbox-boss-phil-spencer

great interview

What I'll say for us - and I'm trying to figure out how much I want to dive into this because it could get messy - giving developers a business model that's already working at scale inside of a subscription - and I think there's some confusion out there whether Game Pass works. Game Pass works as a business model. There's no doubt about that. Even today. It works. It works incredibly well - allows us to go and invest in the studio acquisitions we've done and the quality of content we're building over the next two or three years that's gonna show up. It's an integral part of the business model that allows that. And we also do retail.

I think those games can be and will be very special. I think Gears 5 can be a game of the year award winner. I think Outer Worlds can be a game of the year award winner. The fact it shipped inside of Game Pass and found more players does not take away from the experience. In fact it's more inviting to more people.

Remeran

Nov 27, 2018
We dont know, but we know that Gears 4 was at 3rd place in its NPD debut month, Gears 5 was at 7, we know that Gears 5 has been bad at player retention (i dont think that it will do such good numbers as Forza Horizon 4, you know, 12 million players in one year, 4 million monthly active players) Gears 4 had 8 million players before it was put into Game Pass (dont remember where i read this)
Forza Horizon 4 Will still be the Top dog for Microsoft until Halo Infinite arrives.
Found it
www.eurogamer.net

The big XO19 interview: Xbox boss Phil Spencer on Game Pass, streaming and Project Scarlett

At Microsoft's big XO19 event in London yesterday, Xbox boss Phil Spencer told the gathered press all about Game Pass, …

"Phil Spencer: Gears 5 sold well for us. It sold better than Gears 4. And we feel good about it. "

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Remeran

Nov 27, 2018
Phil also implies on the interview that they are making money on gamepass not losing money and that they are using it to invest in their first party.

Sampo

Jan 23, 2019
What i'm really curious going forward is what the publishing team is doing. Matt talked about that in X019 briefly and i hope they step up their game a bit.
I agree they've got to have some secret games in the works. Right now these are the games I could think of that they're working on with external devs.

- Ori and the Will of the Wisps (Moon)
- Battletoads (Dlala)
- Microsoft Flight Simulator (Asobo)
- Crossfire X (Smilegate+Remedy)
- Tell Me Why (DONTNOD)

solis74

Jun 11, 2018

true

Remeran

Nov 27, 2018
Aren't they planning a rerelease of yakuza 3-5 on the playstaion? if so, I think they put 0-2 on gamepass to prepare for that to comeout on xbox as well.

Rychu

Oct 25, 2017
Utah, USA
There will be more than Ori there according to Greenberg

Yeah, makes sense. Phil said at Inside Xbox @ X019 that they have a couple more games to show by the end of 2019 before jumping into Scarlett stuff next year. TGAs is last event of 2019. I wonder if the second game will be Ninja Theory's new single player IP since Phil said going forward there won't be any major gaming event where they don't announce a new game from XGS.

Based off that quote, I'm going to say The Game Awards 2019 is Ninja Theory's game and E3 2020 is Fable.

Rychu

Oct 25, 2017
Utah, USA
Also, I think it's safe to assume XGS has way over 20 teams now. Saw an interview earlier where Obsidian said in addition to Grounded and post-support for The Outer Worlds, there are many more projects in development at the studio (so they have at least 4 teams, maybe even 5).

Combine this with the fact that Ninja Theory has "several games" other than Bleeding Edge in development, inXile has more games than Wasteland Remastered and Wasteland 3 in development, Double Fine has many games in development, etc.

We could potentially even be at 25+ teams by now based on what we know. That isn't even including XGSP (DontNod's Tell Me Why, Asobo's Microsoft Flight Simulator, Relic's Age of Empire IV).

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
In the new Ori 2 thread someone posted this about Halo Infinite, is this even true? I was so happy the "negative" news had halted. Where is this from?

Eh I'm not sure. I posted what Liam Robertson said in his podcast now he heard Halo Infinite is in pretty big shit right now and there's tension between Microsoft and 343i. He was saying he heard more people are planning on leaving 343 and the games direction is being second guessed he heard last month.

So, idk. I think there could be issues and we won't see it until E3.

All is going so well with XBOX. Many new studios, new IP, the right mindset for next gen, Gears 5 did great, and yet their flagship franchise would be in trouble?

Rychu

Oct 25, 2017
Utah, USA
In the new Ori 2 thread someone posted this about Halo Infinite, is this even true? I was so happy the "negative" news had halted. Where is this from?

All is going so well with XBOX. Many new studios, new IP, the right mindset for next gen, Gears 5 did great, and yet their flagship franchise would be in trouble?
Liam from Eurogamer heard from a source that 343 Industries and Microsoft are having disagreements about how Halo Infinite should be monetized basically.

We've heard things from Brad Sams before too about Microsoft not being sure if they want to split the single player and multiplayer into separate games or merge them together in one package, etc.

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
Liam from Eurogamer heard from a source that 343 Industries and Microsoft are having disagreements about how Halo Infinite should be monetized basically.

We've heard things from Brad Sams before too about Microsoft not being sure if they want to split the single player and multiplayer into separate games or merge them together in one package, etc.

Goddamn, all that monetization nonsense, all I want is a goddamned awesome campaign that truly puts Halo back on the map again. And of course a packed MP mode.

I wonder if they were to be seperate games, would they charge full price for each game or.... and why all of a sudden this change? All Halo games came with both SP and MP, except Halo 1. Even if all this is true, could it truly be so bad that more folk at 343 might want to leave?

Fuck man, just let Infinite be great. Give me a superb campaign and they can seperately price the SP and MP for all I care. It's day one Game Pass anyway, too.

So this is also what is meant with direction, or is that about campaign?

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
So I'm guessing the other game is Psychonauts 2, I doubt that it won't appear again when it was there last year

Apr 6, 2018
Couldn't that also mean there are multiple characters to choose from? I don't see how we can be certain either way.
Well but the kids are always on screen, even if they looks playing a different role, maybe they are the apprentices of the woman?
Reach will be out by then.

It's time Infinite.
It's gears tactics AFAIK

MSFT couldn't order them to obey?

Even though I can't stand the halo community so the monetization of the game is a thing I'm hyped about

jesu

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Anybody fancy making this thread?

Xbox Game Pass is an antidote to everything needing to be a live service game, Phil Spencer says

One of the things I was watching over the last few years is you saw many games and studios chasing service-based games that felt perpetual and felt like they had to last forever to recoup the investment big publishers and studios were making.

The nice thing about Game Pass is that it wraps a game inside of a service itself. So a game can just be a game, and it's nice to play games with a beginning, middle and end.

I know there is a lot of people on Era that won't believe that.

Rychu

Oct 25, 2017
Utah, USA
Also if Eurogamer's Liam is correct about Microsoft and 343 Industries having disagreement about monetization of Halo Infinite, does that mean that REQ Packs from Halo 5 will be gone? I thought that was a very smart way to monetize Halo.

solis74

Jun 11, 2018
What we know about Everwild

Pre-production, few years away
50 Developer team, looking to grow. 20 jobs are open now.
Adventure that will be a new way to play
Inspired by Zelda Breath of the Wild (Note the climbing in the trailer)
Has god Like Elements
Studio Lead is Lois O'Connor most Known for Conker's Bad Fur Day
Viva Pinatas Art Director
Rumored to have an online component though that could be countless different things

Sounds great on paper, and the world looks fantastic.

cool

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
The monetization stuff is the fun part. I love hearing how companies are going to nickel and dime me for all I'm worth

Yeah, not good at all.

When it finally comes out next year (assuming this is still the case) it will have been in development for a long ass time. For that reason alone I really expected things to be going well, 343 turning things around, giving us their new vision of Halo. When two people left 343 we were more or less told not to worry, really what else can a company do, right? But I'm not so sure now. Goddamn it.

Status
Not open for further replies.