• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

knightmawk

Dec 12, 2018
I don't know if anyone else has posted this, but game informer did a little fact sheet on Grounded that showed me a few things I didn't know. Apparently the world is simulated to the point that your actions may cause food shortages that could effect the bugs and stuff, and you can play in either first or third person, which some people seem to have really strong feelings about.

Other than the two points above it's mostly just stuff we already knew, worth the click if you're really curious I guess. But do yourself a favor and don't read the comments yeah.

solis74

Jun 11, 2018
Xbox All Access is live on Amazon

https://www.amazon.com/stores/Micro...box/page/F7E71A07-C9EB-4793-8632-B33542360EDB

c0ddd60b69a61cee8d77ce71a0c535eb.w3000.h600._CR0%2C0%2C3000%2C600_SX3000_.jpg

2330a235c1b37c38b2576085aa34df5d.w1920.h528._CR84%2C5%2C1758%2C495_SX1758_.jpg

3fa1d5ecb7fa02abc6c68617643647f6.w750.h750._CR0%2C0%2C750%2C750_SX750_SY750_.jpg

Awesome!

Xumbrega

Oct 25, 2017
Brasil
I don't know if anyone else has posted this, but game informer did a little fact sheet on Grounded that showed me a few things I didn't know. Apparently the world is simulated to the point that your actions may cause food shortages that could effect the bugs and stuff, and you can play in either first or third person, which some people seem to have really strong feelings about.

Other than the two points above it's mostly just stuff we already knew, worth the click if you're really curious I guess. But do yourself a favor and don't read the comments yeah.

cool

papahefe

Apr 29, 2018
Well, I tried Below on Game Pass because it will leave the service soon. I called Sekiro punishing but this game is something else. It's a shame because I love the artstyle, music and atmosphere of the title. When you slowly get further down the cave it's really quite something. But then... Those insta kill deathtraps, losing the lantern, unforgiving checkpoints/bad shortcuts and the necessity to grind for materials every couple runs really drags progress. There are other games with rogue mechanics who feel more satisfying, and I'll play those. A shame.

Anyone feeling similar about Below?

I feel the exact same way. I was so looking forward to it, and it was disheartening to get in there and find out I was simply not skilled enough to complete it. I love the graphics and art style, sparse, eerie music, the controls felt nice, etc. It is just literally too hard for me, and so I put it down. Ah well.

Deleted member 51306

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 27, 2018
So idk if it's been mentioned anywhere. I didn't hear it during X0 and can't find anything online but is X Cloud ever coming to iOS? I feel like that is the market you want to be on before Windows 10? Just guessing on that.

Jun 22, 2018
So idk if it's been mentioned anywhere. I didn't hear it during X0 and can't find anything online but is X Cloud ever coming to iOS? I feel like that is the market you want to be on before Windows 10? Just guessing on that.
They are planning on it, but in terms of mobile they're starting with Android. Android is more open and has a larger install base, so it makes for a better test bed.

Win10 is also their OS and an open platform, so again, easy to add support for it.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017

They were showing the iOS app behind the scenes at the X0 event. It seems like Apple is the reason its held up at the moment.

With an xCloud launch in 2020 and an expansion beyond Android, absent from the list is still iPad and iPhone support. That looks like it's about to change, though. "We have a prototype app up and running, it's playing well," explains Catherine Gluckstein, general manager of xCloud, in an interview with The Verge. "We would love for it to launch on iOS, and in due course it will. We're working with Apple."

While Microsoft is hesitant to provide firm details on the state of Project xCloud for iPhone and iPad, Gluckstein touched on plans to Windows Central. "We actually have a test app, a prototype app, up and running on iOS. So it is something we're obviously thinking about a lot. We know from our customers it's a platform they would like to see. And as we said before, we're working with a lot of partners to bring Project xCloud to multiple devices."

The team remains coy on Project xCloud for iOS, yet to provide firm context around its Android-exclusive rollout. It's easy to speculate; Google's mobile platform lends itself more suitable, boasting device variety, and higher-capacity testing programs. In contrast, Apple retains a firm grip on iOS, locking down the TestFlight developer platform to just 10,000 applicants per app.

Windu

Oct 25, 2017

They showed off some gameplay on mixer the other day. I think the friday stream on the xbox channel. Looks quite nice. Check it out if you haven't seen it. Also, I believe it was playable at the event too.

Edit: about an hour and 30 mins into it.

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
So with Phil saying Scarlett will not be out of position on power or price....

You guys think he could be in the know about what Sony is doing, specs wise, and that he's "comfortable" stating this? I guess that even if PS5 were to be ever so slightly more powerful (if we go by what Reiner and a few others said) you could still say Scarlett isn't out of position. Especially if the difference is say...One VS One S. Practically impossible to see a difference.

Joseph

Jul 7, 2018
I love how the opening scenes in both the announcement trailers for The Outer Worlds and Grounded are shot-for-shot of someone running. I hope this can be a small trend from Obsidian going forward.

Deleted member 51306

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 27, 2018
They were showing the iOS app behind the scenes at the X0 event. It seems like Apple is the reason its held up at the moment.

With an xCloud launch in 2020 and an expansion beyond Android, absent from the list is still iPad and iPhone support. That looks like it's about to change, though. "We have a prototype app up and running, it's playing well," explains Catherine Gluckstein, general manager of xCloud, in an interview with The Verge. "We would love for it to launch on iOS, and in due course it will. We're working with Apple."

While Microsoft is hesitant to provide firm details on the state of Project xCloud for iPhone and iPad, Gluckstein touched on plans to Windows Central. "We actually have a test app, a prototype app, up and running on iOS. So it is something we're obviously thinking about a lot. We know from our customers it's a platform they would like to see. And as we said before, we're working with a lot of partners to bring Project xCloud to multiple devices."

The team remains coy on Project xCloud for iOS, yet to provide firm context around its Android-exclusive rollout. It's easy to speculate; Google's mobile platform lends itself more suitable, boasting device variety, and higher-capacity testing programs. In contrast, Apple retains a firm grip on iOS, locking down the TestFlight developer platform to just 10,000 applicants per app.
Thanks for the info. Would like to be able to play some stuff with my wife at home. Hoping it comes to smart TVs soon too so I can get my brother on board.

irrational

Nov 15, 2019
They showed off some gameplay on mixer the other day. I think the friday stream on the xbox channel. Looks quite nice. Check it out if you haven't seen it. Also, I believe it was playable at the event too.

Edit: about an hour and 30 mins into it.

Thanks for mentioning this! The gameplay actually looks really good! Especially for this to launch into game preview. I assumed it would be super bare bones at this point, but that looks much further along. (link to the VOD on Mixer below)

https://mixer.com/Xbox?vod=N_urksoDU0uEJRXetLpnhw

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
I just checked and upgrading to Scarlett requires signing a new 24 month lease
The beginning of the next step toward console gaming.
If successful. Next gen they will have An even more powerful leap and price but purchased via lease. I can see a 800 dollar console next gen with Xbox access.

this is a test to see how many people adopt this at a launch with a new device.

Aug 26, 2019
The beginning of the next step toward console gaming.
If successful. Next gen they will have An even more powerful leap and price but purchased via lease. I can see a 800 dollar console next gen with Xbox access.

this is a test to see how many people adopt this at a launch with a new device.
I would pay $2000 for a monster Xbox, but not everyone has that kind of money and I don't want the less fortunate to feel left out

pg2g

Dec 18, 2018
So with Phil saying Scarlett will not be out of position on power or price....

You guys think he could be in the know about what Sony is doing, specs wise, and that he's "comfortable" stating this? I guess that even if PS5 were to be ever so slightly more powerful (if we go by what Reiner and a few others said) you could still say Scarlett isn't out of position. Especially if the difference is say...One VS One S. Practically impossible to see a difference.

I believe that is exactly what be is saying.

Redesigned83

Jul 9, 2018
My biggest problem with SoD is that the world is really boring.

I'd like to see a city based world. Looting big shops, tense tight quarters in apartment buildings, turning round a corner to find the entire street filled with zombies.

I'm sick of countryside based open worlds, cities are so much more interesting to play in from a gameplay perspective.
Perfect. I really hope they flesh out the community building as well.

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I might stop posting here for a while, but y'all are crazy and ily even when it gets pretty frantic

Icky Thump

Oct 30, 2017
They are, most the games they get on Game Pass are indies and AA games. But Xbox Game Studios is its own thing and they need to have projects that are profitable. Having them make mostly AAA games that take 3-4 years and release day one on a subscription service just isn't possible.

I'm just telling you ahead of time, they will be announcing a lot of games and most of them are not going to be AAA. It could change deeper into next gen if they get an immense amount of subscribers, but just enjoy Xbox for what it has become.

I respect your opinions I guess but how could anyone really know this? Probably it has to be better or at least break even eventually with selling the exclusives to their console install base right? Someone at Microsoft has done that math such that it is sustainable...

*snip* ... Anyone feeling similar about Below?
I feel the exact same way. I was so looking forward to it, and it was disheartening to get in there and find out I was simply not skilled enough to complete it. I love the graphics and art style, sparse, eerie music, the controls felt nice, etc. It is just literally too hard for me, and so I put it down. Ah well.

Sad to admit but it's true for me as well. I was all in... but the difficulty ramp is too high for me. I do love the art and music though. Much shame.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
thanks for the quick reply, Is Xcloud a streaming service?
Yes, it's in closed beta right now and limited to Android devices, but coming to Windows 10 early next year. If you have an Android device you can download the beta app and register.

But if you want to play Xbox 360 titles "natively" emulated on your PC, unfortunately that isn't a thing. Although this is in development.

Detective

Oct 27, 2017
Just started remnant from the ashes. Did the first mission and chose a class. It's pretty cool so far. Runs and looks good too. Was this supposed to run bad or something?

It's an online game right? So I can team up with friends?

Man, GP have really spoiled me. I just don't know what to play anymore :D

Last edited:

Defect

Oct 25, 2017
Just started remnant of the past. Did the first mission and chose a class. It's pretty cool so far. Runs and looks good too. Was this supposed to run bad or something?

It's an online game right? So I can team up with friends?

Man, GP have really spoiled me. I just don't know what to play anymore :D
It's a very good game. Try playing it with friends because I think that it is the perfect co-op game.

Detective

Oct 27, 2017
It's a very good game. Try playing it with friends because I think that it is the perfect co-op game.
GREAT!
My friends have been looking for a game we could play together. I just started playing RDRO recently, it's the best game ever created imo but it keeps crashing on him so we have been looking for something to play together. This might be it to hold us busy forward :p

Thanks man :)

I don't know why I called it remnant of the past. LMAO

Status
Not open for further replies.