• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

papahefe

Apr 29, 2018
huh? I just asked a question, well two.

To answer you, if you're being serious, I don't care. I really don't need specific numbers to gauge my interest in a Game. Those numbers are just cherries on the top.
I was trying to be facetious, but it looks like that got lost in text form. All good here bud, sorry about that!

RedSparrows

Prophet of Regret
Feb 22, 2019
The actual job advert sounds like its another make your own fun ... it talks about environmental story telling that does not equal deep narration, seen as they are just looking for a lead world designer I would say 3 years time if they want it to be content rich as opposed to SoT. So probably March 2023

Environmental storytelling is not contingent on 'make your own fun' at all. Dark Souls is the prime example.

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
At best I'd say we learned about it in 2016, that's pushing 4 years and for an open world RPG of any major ambition that's not that long.

I do think Microsoft will give these teams all the time they need for the games they're making, but I also think they're giving them a lot of freedom in the games they're making. What that may mean is more experimental stuff, which tends to be smaller, but also with smaller teams.

Bottom line, I imagine we'll see games of all sizes from these studios, which makes sense to fill out game pass while also keeping up traditional sales.

4 years is actually quite alright. I recall that Witcher 3's development was around 4 or 5 years as well. We don't yet know when the RPG by Playground is coming, so let's say 2021, it'll have been in development for a good few years by then.

343i has also been given a lot of time. I think time will be given for the big titles.
I'd like more time to be given for QA as well(think Matt Booty already mentioned this). As good as Gears 5 is, it could've used more time in the oven (to fix bugs, multiplayer issues etc).

I feel that Gears 5 indeed could have used some more time in the oven indeed. Not only for the issues (not that I had many of these, act 3 worked fine for me) but also the campaign itself. It really feels as if they rushed it halfway because it truly feels like a 5th act is missing.

Maybe in long term, but short term, we're seeing the absolute opposite of that. Psychonauts 2 was delayed, Wasteland 3 was delayed, Ori 2 had four years of development time, Halo Infinite 5+ years. AOE4 doesn't have a set release date. Neither do a lot of their other games.

Yeah I really don't get where people are getting this from, but so many threads getting made and various comments lately seemed more focused on contrarian "takes" to incite flame wars instead of actually looking to have reasonable discussions about things.

The thing is, Game Pass is really a big thing, focus for MS now. So it's definitely understandable that they would want to release their own games much more often. Halo, Ori 2, Wasteland 3 etc are all games that were in full development. But personally I was talking about games in the future. Let's say Obsidian wants to make a game on the scale of New Vegas, I hope they get the time they need for it.

Which probably will be the case anyway, they have many studios now and some of them have split teams each working on different projects. So while the "smaller" games get released more often, there isn't a big rush on the studios (working on bigger games) to get it finished and out there.

If Sony does on thing right, it's that they give their devs a lot of time, look at TLOU2 and how long it'll have been in development and the results will show it. As a huge Xbox gamer I just hope to see that from MS sometime in the future, that isn't Halo, Gears or Forza. New IP with state of the art visuals and animation and polished.

johancruijff

Oct 25, 2017
Italy
Let's say Obsidian wants to make a game on the scale of New Vegas, I hope they get the time they need for it.

of all the games man.
New Vegas was rushed out in 18 months, and let's not talk about all the Bethesda bullshit associated to it.
if anything don't take as gospel the contorting narratives that are being shaped on this forum, it's useless trying to debate fictitious arguments.

ParityBit

Oct 25, 2017
So I have to bring my car in for an oil change and I grab my elite controller and figure I would try streaming for the first time. I just got access a day ago. Anyways, it was really sub par on the free wireless. I was on 2.4 and the app was bitching. So I turned that off and went to my Sprint network...

Holy Cow!

I played some Halo, Forza and Subnautica. Ori was amazingly smooth. It was pretty much flawless. There were some hickups, but if I was on my wireless at home, I am not sure if there would have been any. Color me very impressed. I'm going to give this more of a run though at home.

pg2g

Dec 18, 2018
There 100% needs to be a big racing game at launch, I don't know the last console that didn't have one (ignoring Nintendo). It tends to be the perfect way to show off the new technology.

It sounds like it isn't Forza based on it beginning development a year ago. I'm really curious what we're going to get.

Klobrille

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Forza Horizon 5 totally might be ready for launch or launch window. The Forza Horizon framework is just much more robust and doesn't need any rework. Forza Motorsport Next is not in that position. On top, it seems like Turn10 has been using the last few years after FM7 release to bring ForzaTech forward, something Playground Games heavily profits from obviously and I expect to see in FH5.

Feb 23, 2018
Btw this is the music composer for Halo Infinite. Curtis Schweitzer

With small adjustments the first song could be right out of a Halo game...

Still curious to find out who the other composers for Infinite are as there was supposed to be a cast with a special talent scout to find the right composers. Probably they were not lucky so far as I guess we should know by now?

Remeran

Nov 27, 2018
I just bought a very high end machine. RTX 2080, i9. And I most def can't hit 4K 120fps unless I use a dynamic resolution and Lower a bunch of settings. Curious how Scarlett handles games. I love new hardware =D

Klobrille

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
AOIV_Wallpaper_4K_B_2160.png

Aug 26, 2019
Forza Horizon 5 totally might be ready for launch or launch window. The Forza Horizon framework is just much more robust and doesn't need any rework. Forza Motorsport Next is not in that position. On top, it seems like Turn10 has been using the last few years after FM7 release to bring ForzaTech forward, something Playground Games heavily profits from obviously and I expect to see in FH5.
Music to my ears. Give me that raytraced Forza Infinite.

I expect Spring 2021 for Forza Horizon 5 and I'm going to stick to that.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So you're saying Forza Horizon 5 might come out before the next Motorsport? Damn, so Defect might be right.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How any one could come to this conclusion is beyond me....typical for this place though when it comes to MS/XBox.
Yeah, its does feel as if they're spooked because it's such a difficult service to counter so they're looking to raise objections over something that hast happened or may not even happen.

Jerm411

Oct 27, 2017
Clinton, MO
Yeah, its does feel as if they're spooked because it's such a difficult service to counter so they're looking to raise objections over something that hast happened or may not even happen.

Never understood why people can't just enjoy things lol...or the very least let others enjoy it.

Who knows what GP will look like in 5 years and who cares...it's amazing and awesome now and that's that matters.

Status
Not open for further replies.