• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
Is there any possibility where 3rd party publishers do add ons to game pass, the way Amazon Prime has with starz or whatever. Something like, with your game pass subscription you can get all the benefits of EA access for just $3/mo or $15/yr! To assuage fears, make clear that EA games can still come to normal game pass separately as well. Might consolidate game pass as the default while still throwing publishers a bone.

Probably won't go over perfectly, and game pass is doing just fine at consolidating as is. But it's a potential win for all parties - if handled well and very carefully.

GING-SAMA

Banned
Jul 10, 2019
Phil Spencer :

Our goal is to be able to bring four or five new big games to the platform every year. (...) We do not have an imposed formula in terms of team size, style of play, ranking or genre. We give our teams a lot of creative freedom on what they want to create. "

www.jeuxvideo.com

Jeux, Scarlett, services, Phil Spencer nous en dit plus sur l'avenir de Xbox

Le X019 a fermé ses portes et a fait émerger trois nouveaux jeux first party avec Everwild (Rare), Grounded (Obsidian) et Tell Me Why (Dontnod). L’événement a également apporté plus d’informations sur le xCloud et a définitivement placé le Game Pass au centre de la stratégie que Xbox est en...

2/3 XGS and 1/2 XGS Publishing per year ?

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
Idk about y'all but I want some su
Phil Spencer :

www.jeuxvideo.com

Le X019 a fermé ses portes et a fait émerger trois nouveaux jeux first party avec Everwild (Rare), Grounded (Obsidian) et Tell Me Why (Dontnod). L’événement a également apporté plus d’informations sur le xCloud et a définitivement placé le Game Pass au centre de la stratégie que Xbox est en...
good

christocolus

Oct 27, 2017
Phil Spencer :

www.jeuxvideo.com

Interesting.

Dyashen

Dec 20, 2017
Belgium
I don't think we'll hear anything on Scarlett this year. I thought Aaron Greenberg even said that they wouldn't focus on Scarlett before the beginning of 2020.

It's still a long wait until November 2020 though ;)

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
Phil Spencer :

www.jeuxvideo.com

Interesting, so 5 "big games" - assuming the likes of Halo, FH and Fable. And then obviously the smaller projects like Grounded too in addition. And the day one indies and catalogue content coming to Game Pass also. All good :)

Apr 6, 2018
This may be my last mega quote in this thread
We've seen situations like Forza Motorsport 7 where there was a lot of public outcry about the monetization and a lot of negative criticism towards it where Microsoft had Turn10 completely change it. I assume a similar thing would happen if Halo Infinite's monetization was very predatory, so I'm not that worried about it.

Obviously the studio would be though, as they want their progression a certain way likely and want it to be fair to all players. The game is still a year away and a lot can change. Things aren't finalized. Looking forward to E3.
I'm worried because H:I is a huge investiment from msft, and we even don't know how many outsourcing studios are working on infinite and halo community right now is unreasonable about that
not before you tell me xD
:)
Use this image for reference. You can zoom it.

EJbAifqXUAE6XXU
I don't see the kingdom hearts
Or if Gears 5 sold more then 4 haha. I love how Phil Spencer kinda indirect called those people out of the "dont worry about if we make money" thread.
The gears of the salt mine keeps turning

Its been 5 LONG years, ITS TIME, all we've gotten are 2 trailers.

I would even hold an exclusive event in March announcing Project Scarlett Specs and debuting Halo Infinite MP, talking about Scarlett & Slipspace Engine and announcing Beta immediately.

At E3, do a full Campaign Blowout a Blur Cutscene and 5-10 mins of Campaign Gameplay.
Blur is not working on infinite afaik, since all the main halos have in engine cutscene
I really don't get this anxiety of showing things, the marketing team exist for a reason, let those guys proceed as they plan

This is impression I have reading some posts in Xbox Game Pass threads:

uh16Vaq.jpg
Masterpiece
Kind of wanted to post this because it shows how much content we'll see next-gen:

XGS

1. 343 Interactive: Bonnie Ross (600~ 1 team with incubation teams)
  2. Rare LTD: Craig Duncan (250+ SoT team, 2 other teams)
  3. The Coalition: Rod Fergusson (350+ 1/2 AAA team with incubation teams)
  4. Turn 10 Studios: Alan Hartman (120 1 team)
  5. Mojang: Helen Chiang (70 2 Teams)
  6. Playground Games: Ralph Fulton (200 2 teams)
  7. Undead Labs: Jeff Strain: (85 1 team)
  8. Ninja Theory: Nina Kristensen/Tameem (140 5 teams)
  9. Compulsion Games: Guillaume Provost (50 1 team)
  10. The Initiative: Darrell Gallagher (37 1 team)
  11. InXile Entertainment: Brian Fargo (96 3 teams)
  12. Obsidian Entertainment: Feargus Urquhart (185 4 - 5 teams)
  13. World's Edge: Shannon Loftis (?)
  14. Double Fine: Tim Schaefer (70 4 teams)
  15. Global Publishing: Peter Wyse (?)
XGS has 30+ teams, and that's not counting incubation studios or Global Publishing (which we'll see a lot more from because they received a budget increase according to Matt Booty during IX X019).

Also, the whole AAA argument, don't worry about it. Several more studios like Compulsion and Obsidian are hiring for AAA games.There will be a lot of heavy outsourcing for these. XGS has 10+ AAA teams going by the job listings.

The question isn't quantity going forward because XGS will have the most games being released (especially with future acquisitions), the question is quality. As for quality, I certainly believe in each of these studios.

Edit: Studio numbers are staff counts, not developers.
Where did you find numbers about 343 being around 600?
They arent a developer. Isgreen said it. They are more a studio to manage all projects of Age. And have a specific place for questions etc.
They still are coodeveloping all the AoE games
IMO Gears 5 deserves nominations. It's an absolute masterclass of a game and just like with DMC5, the game was able to remain iterative on its core foundation but still feel incredibly fresh.
DMCV did it better IMHO, because it refused all the industry trends
For many people in this forum that game is their GOTY. Lots of people really love it. Lots of reviewers loved it and those same reviewers decided it should be nominated. I dont get it why people are still complaining.
So after spending years in saying what was objectively bad and good the only thing you can find is a collection of subjective opinions?

Maybe a Forza Horizon 4 update or something, but Forza Motorsport 8?

In June 2018 they said they weren't working on Forza Motorsport 8: https://gamingbolt.com/forza-motors...m-entire-team-is-working-on-forza-7-right-now

And in March 2019 they said it was in the early, conceptual phases: https://gamingbolt.com/forza-motorsport-8-is-in-early-development-turn-10-studios-confirms

Speaking in their latest Forza Monthly update, Creative Director Dan Greenawalt confirmed that Forza Motorsport 8 is in early development, in the concept phases- which probably means that we won't be seeing a new Forza release this year, and that Forza 8 is most likely going to be a next gen title.

"The weight of the team is shifting over to our next project," said Greenwalt. "So we're getting into that concept phase."

The studio does outsource a lot so they could probably make launch but hopefully, they release it in 2021 or later.

I think another year of development could be great for the team, and ultimately this would mean Forza Horizon 5 will be pushed to 2022, which I think would be great for that franchise as well.

We had to consider that all the works done by turn10 helps playground too and so on, so while they had not started the development of Fm8, they spent time creating the foundations for all the next forza, so in some way the work for fm8 already started in a certain sense.

Lead World désigner job at Rare is for Everwild.

At least one open-world title shipped as a Senior or Lead World Designer.
• Experience with environmental storytelling and how you might use the world to tell a story without taking control away from the player.
• Experience of leadership in developing living and breathing open worlds.

Everwild Open world confirmed with deep narration ?

And according to louise o'connor Everwild is in development since June 2017, 2 years and 6 months.

a release for 2021 is possible but I think that 2022 is the top

You love to see it. 😎
It was clear that EverWild was open world? I won't be so quick in signing it as an ope world wih a deep plot since everything rare does it's peculiar
Xbox 360 launched with Project Gotham Racing 3, not Forza.

Also, I agree with what others here said about Project Scarlett not needing to launch with a bunch of heavy hitters. Halo: Infinite is going to be the biggest launch title for the system (and dare I say bigger than any PS5 game?). That's not to say that they won't launch without any other games from Xbox Game Studios. I have a feeling that the launch lineup could look like this:

• Halo Infinite
  • Forza Motorsport 8 or Forza Horizon 5
  • Sea of Thieves (relaunch with major expansion) or Battletoads
  • Global Publishing Exclusive
I honestly think that's all you would need. Most people would buy the system for Halo Infinite. In the past, we've seen Microsoft rely quite heavily on second party exclusives. Xbox One launched with Ryse: Son of Rome and Dead Rising 3, so I think it's only natural to assume that we'll probably see one at launch. What that title could possibly be I have zero inclination. Ryse and Dead Rising as IPs are probably not coming back at this point. On Rare's end, I could see them massively relaunching Sea of Thieves with a major expansion that expands it's multiplayer and single-player components. The IP is obviously very important to Rare and I bet they could get the game a second wind at Scarlett's launch. If this isn't the case, then I bet Battletoads could be a good bet. It hasn't gotten a definitive release date for next year like a majority of the other XGS titles and it would fit the mold of a smaller, nostalgic title that people would try out.

The biggest mystery to me is where Forza fits in all of this. As I type out this post, I think it's only natural that at least Motorsport 8 or Horizon 5 is either a launch title or releasing in the first half of 2021. My reasoning is pretty simple: if a Forza title did not ship next fall, it would be the longest Microsoft has ever gone without an exclusive racing game (I'm including Project Gotham in this) in its history. I'm personally in favor of both of these franchises taking a short break. We didn't get a Forza Motorsport game this fall and I was perfectly content with that. Maybe you let Horizon have a little extra time in the oven and release Forza Motorsport 8 in May of 2021. That would give it nearly 3 and a half years since Motorsport 7's launch. Then you let you Horizon come back in 2022.

I also think Ninja Theory fits in here somewhere. When they announced Bleeding Edge they mentioned that they had multiple projects and that we would be hearing about them soon (I'm personally shocked we didn't hear about them at X019). So I bet the Hellblade team has something ready to go in that first year.

My overall point is this: the first year in a console is always a little rocky when it comes to content (360 being the exception). With the focus on Game Pass, I think it's been hammered home by Microsoft that we'll see a steady stream of content to keep up subscribed. They won't launch with a million things and that's perfectly fine. If they keep us engaged from the get-go then we will already be much better off for it then we ever were with Xbox One.
My opinion is that they will launch halo infinite with scarlett and the forza scarlett later, not at the same time, if halo infinite will have a companion it will be a smaller game like grounded and so on IMHO, with the game pass model it's marathon, not a sprint

Apr 6, 2018
Good engine choice for an open world game. Just please please be 3rd person
I will never understand this obsession for the third person, those things are not only cosmetics, but part of the gameplay, let the developers decide
Forza Horizon 5 totally might be ready for launch or launch window. The Forza Horizon framework is just much more robust and doesn't need any rework. Forza Motorsport Next is not in that position. On top, it seems like Turn10 has been using the last few years after FM7 release to bring ForzaTech forward, something Playground Games heavily profits from obviously and I expect to see in FH5.
Both teams will benefits of the reworked forzatech, IMHO playground could benefit of the extra year too
With small adjustments the first song could be right out of a Halo game...

Still curious to find out who the other composers for Infinite are as there was supposed to be a cast with a special talent scout to find the right composers. Probably they were not lucky so far as I guess we should know by now?
I've never heard that there will be other composers, any link?
Im not a big fan of "simulator" games. But MFS is looking real hype right now
That will last only a few minutes until you discover the gameplay loop. Simulators are the tedium made game
I feel like there's a good chance of the next Horizon being set in Japan. Playground won't have missed all the chatter around the setting before 4 was revealed. Kinda feels like a no-brainer at this point.
I'd like to see japan just because finally people will stop asking it

Aug 26, 2018
Forza Horizon 5 totally might be ready for launch or launch window. The Forza Horizon framework is just much more robust and doesn't need any rework. Forza Motorsport Next is not in that position. On top, it seems like Turn10 has been using the last few years after FM7 release to bring ForzaTech forward, something Playground Games heavily profits from obviously and I expect to see in FH5.

Will be an awesome move in my opinion..

I really hope they do Japan or New Zealand. Will be interesting to see what new feature like Seasons they plan for FH5 ?

Aug 26, 2019
I definitely prefer third person. I think it may come down if you were primarily a console or PC gamer. It doesn't help that Sony's Triple A games are all in the third person.
I wouldn't say that. There are plenty of great first and third person games on both consoles and PC. I, like stealthyfrog enjoy looking at really well done 3rd person animations. Bleeding edge for example has some really need running animations lol

Aug 26, 2019
Sure, but historically consoles were dominated with third person games and PC with first person.
Ok that's fair. I guess I agree with Morgoth that the perspective should fit the game design. For example, Resident Evil 7 would not be the same with a 3rd person camera. But in the case of big open world games, I find that a 3rd person camera is preferable

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I'm generally of the opinion that developers should choose which perspective is best for their game, but in something like an RPG where you are creating a character and equipping them with armor, I feel like having a third person option is important.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ok that's fair. I guess I agree with Morgoth that the perspective should fit the game design. For example, Resident Evil 7 would not be the same with a 3rd person camera. But in the case of big open world games, I find that a 3rd person camera is preferable
I agree. I have no issue Cyberpunk is first person, for instance.

GING-SAMA

Banned
Jul 10, 2019
I want to XGS become a Valve/OLD Blizzard.

Innovation, innovation, innovation, innovation !

And diversity of course, but innnovation and gameplay First.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I just want Obsidian to make a massively budgeted, large scale RPG of the Shadowrun license on the scale of Cyberpunk 2077.

NippleViking

May 2, 2018
Interesting, so 5 "big games" - assuming the likes of Halo, FH and Fable. And then obviously the smaller projects like Grounded too in addition. And the day one indies and catalogue content coming to Game Pass also. All good :)
A big game every quarter/season, and occasionally 2 in the holiday period (even if one is Forza) would be perfect. Supplement it with ~3-5 small titles a year, and that'll be an incredible cadence.

Terbinator

Oct 29, 2017
Where/what have you seen on this?

GING-SAMA

Banned
Jul 10, 2019
Mhhhh i don't think we will see FH5 soon...

It recruits artistic directors, there have been important departures in the horizon team and many employees are transfering to the RPG team.

Fable IV for 2022

FH5 2021/2022

OP
OP
Figments

Figments

Spencer’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
California
THE WINNER OF THE POLL IS:

Discover Your Next Favorite OT

Thanks to those that participated!

Though I will say:
516gTWO.png

That shit isn't funny.

Dyashen

Dec 20, 2017
Belgium
THE WINNER OF THE POLL IS:

Discover Your Next Favorite OT

Thanks to those that participated!

Though I will say:

That shit isn't funny.

Not saying that this type of stuff should be allowed but it's just that I think you're giving the person (or people) the attention that they were asking for by posting all those "suggestions" publicly. No offence to you but you're just giving them what they wanted. However, some of those are "Yikes!" material. I got similar comments (especially ones including racial and homophobic slurs) when I was collecting OT titles for the Xbox E3 and Gears OT.
The best thing is to "hide" the link so that only people on ERA can have direct access to it ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.