• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Desfrog

Oct 29, 2017
Really hope Fable has the style of Fable Legends. Like graphics wise and but also if i can exlplain it. The height of the character.
I found the style of the older games with a "small" character always weird. I like how in Fable Legends the characters looked normal size.

For example

UnnaturalIncompleteDingo-size_restricted.gif
I love that art direction. An open world RPG with that fidelity is so fucking exciting.

Sep 19, 2019
Hamburg- Germany
Really hope Fable has the style of Fable Legends. Like graphics wise and but also if i can exlplain it. The height of the character.
I found the style of the older games with a "small" character always weird. I like how in Fable Legends the characters looked normal size.

For example

I agree and I can imagine they use Fable Legends assets anyway. The art direction was exactly what the franchise needed in terms of innovation imo. It looks lovely charming and "fablelous".

Can be that once in a generation RPG if excecuted correctly.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I really liked the Fable Legends style. Tbh, if they could get that game mode into a new Fable, that would be excellent.

For me personally, as long as the humor is there and they really push the whole time passing elements, a new Fable would be great. Not many RPGs deal with time passing as a part of gameplay. All the crazy Molyneux 'plant a tree and watch it grow' stuff, needs to become reality.

Sikamikanico

Oct 25, 2017

For example

The artstyle was great, just a shame the game wasn't all that fun to play.

Lorul2

Jan 4, 2018

1 Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition (Forgotten Empires/Xbox Game Studios)
2 Battletoads (Rare/Xbox Game Studios)
3 Bleeding Edge (Ninja Theory/Xbox Game Studios)
4 Cyber Shadow (Yacht Club Games)
5 Doom Eternal (id Software, Panic Button Games)
6 Dragonball Z: Kakarot (Bandai Namco Entertainment, CyberConnect2)
7 Forager (Humble Bundle)
8 Forza Horizon 4: LEGO Speed Champions (Playground Games/Xbox Game Studios)
9 Gears 5 (The Coalition/Xbox Game Studios)
10 Halo: Master Chief Collection (343 Industries/Xbox Game Studios)
11 Haven (The Game Bakers)
12 Levelhead (Butterscotch Shenanigans)
13 Microsoft Flight Simulator (Microsoft Corporation/Xbox Game Studios)
14 Minecraft Dungeons (Mojang Studios/Xbox Game Studios)
15 Phogs! (Coat Sink)
16 Project Resistance (Capcom)
17 Roller Champions (Ubisoft Montreal)
18 She Dreams Elsewhere (Studio Zevere)
19 SkateBird (Glass Bottom)
20 Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order (Respawn Entertainment)
21 Streets of Rage 4 (DotEmu)
22 The Good Life (White Owls)
23 Tunic (Fin
24 Wasteland 3 (inXile Entertainment)

This is a GREAT list and it should be a good show. However, my buddy Rand al Thor 19 says Xbox has all the execs coming, and flying media out, so this is going to be a VERY BIG show. Looking at the above list I wouldn't fly Ryan McCaffrey out for that. So other than services, and X-cloud; what would be worth the airfare?

An acquisition.

Again flying "shaggy" out for a studio the level of Playtonic should have gotten someone fired. So with that said here is my question. What level of acquisition, agreement, or partnership did Microsoft make that was so important to summon media for X019?

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

15 Phogs! (Coat Sink)
23 Tunic (Fin

This is a GREAT list and it should be a good show. However, my buddy Rand al Thor 19 says Xbox has all the execs coming, and flying media out, so this is going to be a VERY BIG show. Looking at the above list I wouldn't fly Ryan McCaffrey out for that. So other than services, and X-cloud; what would be worth the airfare?

An acquisition.

Again flying "shaggy" out for a studio the level of Playtonic should have gotten someone fired. So with that said here is my question. What level of acquisition, agreement, or partnership did Microsoft make that was so important to summon media for X019?

Microsoft buys Sony confirmed. So that Microsoft will suddenly own the biggest selling console of the generation. Unexpected comeback :P

Voodoopeople

Oct 29, 2017
So with that said here is my question. What level of acquisition, agreement, or partnership did Microsoft make that was so important to summon media for X019?

I don't they are working like that. I think they want to invite media just to maximise WHATEVER it is they show. They won't be worrying about whether or not the media will get pissed off that they haven't dropped any megatons. They just want maximum exposure for their show. It's not like IGN are going to refuse to send anyone again if they don't unveil something massive. IGN need Xbox more than the other way around.

As an aside, I know Ryan McCaffrey has already stated how excited he is just to play Tunic. A game made by one person. So he's already got his boxes ticked.

Judge

Vault-Tec Seal of Approval
Oct 25, 2017

15 Phogs! (Coat Sink)
23 Tunic (Fin

An acquisition.

Those are playable games at their booths, of course there's more to the actual show.

Deleted member 13645

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

For example

Fable Legends being canceled is one of the big bummers of this gen for me. It was so gorgeous and I loved the idea of the game. I'm really curious if Playground will use those assets or not.

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
So Rands saying in a podcast that Obsidian's next game is being revealed at XO19, and that it's a 'survival RPG', would explain why Josh Sawyer is going.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Fable Legends being canceled is one of the big bummers of this gen for me. It was so gorgeous and I loved the idea of the game. I'm really curious if Playground will use those assets or not.
I'd doubt it. Hell, I think there's a good chance the game is so different that it becomes a new IP.

Deleted member 18951

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Survival RPG sounds like Hell to me. Lots of crafting and object degradation mixed in with having to keep an eye on stamina and base building.

Christ, give me more multiplayer only games instead, lol

jesu

Oct 26, 2017
UK
A Josh Sawyer Survival RPG does sound good to me.
Like Fallout New Vegas had survival elements in it and hardly anyone minded.

Status
Not open for further replies.