• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
They really need to do a flighting soon (at least in the beginning of next year). They need to have input from the player base. This entry is too important for the franchise.

I wouldn't worry about player input. That's why they hired a "Director of Player Voice" and also recently revamped/launched the Halo Support site.

Dyashen

Dec 20, 2017
Belgium

jim.jpg

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
I can't agree more. just saw a video of Colt Eastwood writing off Banjo-Kazooie's eventual return. Yes, we definitely need big, AAA, story-driven action adventure games. But we *also* need racing games, third person shooters, strategy games, jrpgs, and *yes*, character-based platformers. There's no reason we can't be excited about a potential new Fable, Halo Infinite, Gears Tactics, and a potential Banjo-Threeie all together at the same time! They can, and *should*, co-exist.
Colt's vendetta against Banjo is really weird

TiagoCosta

User requested ban
Banned
Aug 3, 2018
So it's looking like no JP games to announce? no ports or anything.. my hope is on all time low.

Dyashen

Dec 20, 2017
Belgium
Game Pass needs a diverse catalogue of games. MS Flight Sim might've been just that necessary start of games that are dedicated to a niche fanbase but still can crank up those Game Pass numbers.

This article pretty much sums it up:

Speaking off, I'd love to see a game like Motorcross Madness make its return. A bike mode in FH5 would be also pretty dope but I'm not sure what direction Turn10 and Playground will take for the inevitable sequel. Phantom Dust would be another game that could get a pretty big audience at launch thanks to XGP.

Firenoh

Mar 7, 2019
Game Pass needs a diverse catalogue of games. MS Flight Sim might've been just that necessary start of games that are dedicated to a niche fanbase but still can crank up those Game Pass numbers.

Games Pass already has a widely diverse game catalogue thanks to all the 3rd Party deals MS has been making. All they honestly need to do to keep it up is to keep making those deals, with GamePass release dates getting closer and closer to launch days.

Dyashen

Dec 20, 2017
Belgium
Games Pass already has a widely diverse game catalogue thanks to all the 3rd Party deals MS has been making. All they honestly need to do to keep it up is to keep making those deals, with GamePass release dates getting closer and closer to launch days.

Never said it didn't have diversity in its catalogue, was talking about future additions to the service ;)
So far they've pretty much been getting a really good amount of different looking/playing games from 3rd party devs both indie and from the bigger publishers like Namco and Capcom.

DeoGame

Dec 11, 2018
So Halo 5 got a teaser at E3 2013 even though 4 had just released the previous November. Is it crazy to expect a Gears 6 teaser at E3 2020 or even X019?

I think that MS should capitalize on 5's success and strike while the iron is hot.
I'm gonna have to disagree here. I liked Gears 5 a lot but it seems to not be having perfect staying power and hardcore fans have some complaints about the MP. Perhaps it's best to hold off on 6 a bit and push 5.

I think The Outer Worlds 2 would benefit from being shown but the new Obsidian game should have the same effect.

Sep 29, 2019

This article pretty much sums it up:

Speaking off, I'd love to see a game like Motorcross Madness make its return. A bike mode in FH5 would be also pretty dope but I'm not sure what direction Turn10 and Playground will take for the inevitable sequel. Phantom Dust would be another game that could get a pretty big audience at launch thanks to XGP.

+1 for motorcross madness! Or a motorbike game like forza horizon. Open world. Different bikes for different events (dirt bikes, street bikes, touring, trials...etc)

Klobrille

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
rad-free4jj28.png

Insert your speculation / wish :D I would post mine but people would take it for granted then again or insult me lol.

So show me your ideas.

Firenoh

Mar 7, 2019
I'll never ever understand the NEED for AAA games, MS's approach is pretty cool. Hope that idea Sawyer threw around is still happening.
People need big games to justify their console purchase. Now with MS's new approach where you no longer have to buy their console or their games, less emphasis has been placed on system sellers. For now.

Apr 6, 2018
Im not familiar with his work apart form assuming these are a bunch of iso-RPGs? Id be willing to give it a go if it was 3rd person, really cant get into iso games.
he was director on fallout new vegas too.
E3 is still the biggest stage for game announcements much larger than an XO event... a game like Fable 4 or Fable "reboot" would likely be saved for the biggest stage (E3). I guess we will find out next week for sure. Assuming that is what playgrounds RPG team is working on.
I agree with this, especially without scarlett. The next year could be awesome if they play their cards well since the amount of games coming
I think the obsidian logo is there because everyone currently thinks it's just Outer Worlds related, oh well not long to find out!
according to Rand, it's a survival rpg
So where are the big games then? Are they taking longer than expected? Or just being saved for the Scarlett reveal or E3 2020?
The other obsidian big game is the one led by chris parker, I everything we got on discord was right. It looked like the kind of game you wont reveal before the announce of the new console
rad-free4jj28.png

Insert your speculation / wish :D I would post mine but people would take it for granted then again or insult me lol.

So show me your ideas.
gears dlc

Oct 25, 2017
People need big games to justify their console purchase. Now with MS's new approach where you no longer have to buy their console or their games, less emphasis has been placed on system sellers. For now.

A big game doesn't necessarily needs to be something like Halo Infinite with a 600 person dev team you know

Also, "system sellers" are different for each person, i feel that variety is much more important to get someone into your ecossystem, which is why MS's approach is quite nice for me. Hell, the big 3 are quite good at it in the moment

Firenoh

Mar 7, 2019
A big game doesn't necessarily needs to be something like Halo Infinite with a 600 person dev team you know

Also, "system sellers" are different for each person, i feel that variety is much more important to get someone into your ecossystem, which is why MS's approach is quite nice for me. Hell, the big 3 are quite good at it in the moment
Well, you're already bought in, so it doesn't matter what a system seller is to you.
But for Joe Shmoe, the average PS4 owner, he'll need something with a HUGE marketing campaign to get him to buy in to Xbox's ecosystem.

Or for that ecosystem to be extremely cheap.

Aug 26, 2019

We can beat around the bush all day but in the end it's the Mario's, the Halo's, and the Uncharted's that sell consoles. And the general public wants more of those.

mecaguendeu

Oct 16, 2019
Could that "redacted" mean something about Scarlett? I don't know... Something like its official name, for example?

Status
Not open for further replies.