• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

solis74

Jun 11, 2018
Couple fun bits of info I gathered by talking to devs and such at X019. Some of this is probably known but here you go:
  1. Age Of Empires IV is currently aiming a 2021 release. It's been in active development for about 3 years. The Age Of Empires 3 remake is currently planned for mid-2020.
  2. Minecraft Dungeons started as a 3DS game, and as the game grew in scale they figured they'd bring it to all systems instead. Crossplay and KB+M support are planned but they are not set in stone yet. Game is worked on by a relatively small team. It'll launch for 20 bucks and will have a special edition for 30 which contains the two big DLC packs they will release after launch. If the playerbase is there they are planning to support the game long-term. They are always looking at new ways to bring people the Minecraft experience by pushing it towards other genres, so there's good chances of seeing other such projects in the future. The design philosophy behind the game is offering a game for any kind of playstyle: hide a lot of secrets and extra content for those who want to play it slow and explore everything, but also allow Diablo-esque hardcore rift runs. Game is a lot of fun, I have very high hopes for it.
  3. An indie dev I managed to talk to confirmed to me how Game Pass contracts work, albeit clarifying that it's different for every game. Devs get money upfront (which we knew) for their game to appear on Game Pass, and if the game meets certain results (again, it depends on the kind of game what numbers it needs to hit) the devs get further money for that too. So a sleeper hit like Human Fall Flat probably saw the devs get money upfront, then get a steady influx from Game Pass as well alongside the advantages of the increased sales the more visibility brought them. Definitely a win-win.
  4. KartRider: Drift is gonna have a closed beta in December. Full game will be a F2P release, first on Xbox One, early 2020. The game launches with a lot of customization options but that will be how the game's gonna be monetized post-launch, with seasonal content, limited skins and whatnot.

cool

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Xbox All Access is live on Amazon

https://www.amazon.com/stores/Micro...box/page/F7E71A07-C9EB-4793-8632-B33542360EDB

c0ddd60b69a61cee8d77ce71a0c535eb.w3000.h600._CR0%2C0%2C3000%2C600_SX3000_.jpg

2330a235c1b37c38b2576085aa34df5d.w1920.h528._CR84%2C5%2C1758%2C495_SX1758_.jpg

3fa1d5ecb7fa02abc6c68617643647f6.w750.h750._CR0%2C0%2C750%2C750_SX750_SY750_.jpg

This is such a great deal overall. People already into gaming may have a hard time understand the appeal, but if I think of the fact that there's people spending 2-3 times this amount of money for cable TV every month, it suddenly shows how cheap this thing is all in all for a complete package.

In Amber Clad

static and disarray
Aug 26, 2018
London
One of the most awesome things about X019 was this guy in a wheelchair (not gonna make assumptions on his exact disability) who had the Adaptive Controller above his lap as he got around the event. When he wanted to try a game, they just had to "plug him in", and he was ready to play with everyone else, using those big buttons and all that, without having to stand up or work around a clunky (for him) controller. If this person was in this situation for more than a couple years, chances are he never really attempted to go to such events because he couldn't do much: nearly all gaming spots were always designed with regular usage in mind. Here they could just plug his USB into the Xbox One devkits lying around for all the games, and he was playing like he would at home. Fascinating and heartwarming stuff.

That's really great :)

knightmawk

Dec 12, 2018
if Game Pass release on Japan and has the same Success in west and east i can see lot of Japanese games come to Xbox and PC as the same release day worldwide

On

I think gamepass+Xcloud is Microsofts chance to get some ground on Japan.

I'd think they're setting up for a big launch in Japan. Obviously they'll need games for that market if they want to be successful, and launching with them would be better than launching with the promise of them. The Yakuza and Final Fantasy titles are obviously a huge deal, but I'm thinking we'll see some newer stuff, along with some more ports, before or to coincide with a Japanese launch of the service. Maybe some Level-5 or Atlus games? Falcom? Ehhhhhh? Ehhhhhhhhhh? Shenume III day one on Game Pass in Japan and the West would be a hell of a bomb to drop at E3.... please?

predrag

Oct 27, 2017
Stadia disaster can give Xbox team additional time aand boost to make xCloud work perfectly at launch. Just make it work.

solis74

Jun 11, 2018
One of the most awesome things about X019 was this guy in a wheelchair (not gonna make assumptions on his exact disability) who had the Adaptive Controller above his lap as he got around the event. When he wanted to try a game, they just had to "plug him in", and he was ready to play with everyone else, using those big buttons and all that, without having to stand up or work around a clunky (for him) controller. If this person was in this situation for more than a couple years, chances are he never really attempted to go to such events because he couldn't do much: nearly all gaming spots were always designed with regular usage in mind. Here they could just plug his USB into the Xbox One devkits lying around for all the games, and he was playing like he would at home. Fascinating and heartwarming stuff.

so cool :)

Jerm411

Oct 27, 2017
Clinton, MO
I never thought I could get excited about anything Minecraft again but holy shit I am there for Dungeons....it coming to Gamepass is just a bonus.

My 6 yr. old is now gaming and has her own 1S, she loves Minecraft...been playing it with her, we're both excited for Dungeons.

Game looks awesome.

Bradbatross

Mar 17, 2018
Stadia does kind of seem like a disaster at this point, but I still want to wait and see if they can iron out the kinks and actually deliver what they were promising.

knightmawk

Dec 12, 2018
Check out Stadia review thread...

Ouch, I mean even filtered through Era that's... not a good thread for Google. I'm a little surprised it's doing so poorly. I tried Project Stream when it was in preview and it wasn't fantastic, but I would have thought they would have improved it since then instead of just re-branding it. And then my recent experience with X-Cloud has been surprisingly good, so I know it's possible.

coma

Oct 28, 2017
The little that I've tried xCloud it worked surprisingly well, but I can't imagine any scenario where I'd actually use it. Stadia's launch seems like a complete disaster though. No clue what they're thinking.

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018

Indeed, Xbox DACH at Gamescom also showed in a video how now all of their booth is designed to be inclusive for everyone to participate.

irrational

Nov 15, 2019
I just received a invite to Xcloud, looks like Microsoft is sending a new wave out right before Stadia's launch. Quick, everyone check their inboxes! I'm loving petty Xbox lol.

I'm pretty excited about the future of streaming, it gives all of these new studios a potentially much larger audience.

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man, I'd so like to get addicted to Sea Of Thieves but for all its greatness it's also hampered by so many problems and inconveniences. To do 3 missions we took like 2 hours because everything is so slow, you can't carry more than one box or more than 5 bullets at a time, forcing you to go back and forth, back and forth. And then it seems like the issue with invisible ships and players still happens like at launch, as we were ambushed by a team of two that just attacked us without them even being visible at any time. Icing on the cake is that I got killed full health with a single sword hit once, then once with two pistol shots through an obstacle, both hitting me hard and killing me. Also the fishing minigame makes no sense, even after I looked up a tutorial (one should never have to look a tutorial on YouTube to understand the basics in a game) it just doesn't work at all. I hope Everwild will be handled a lot better than this.

Deleted member 45460

User requested account closure
Banned
Jun 27, 2018
Man, I'd so like to get addicted to Sea Of Thieves but for all its greatness it's also hampered by so many problems and inconveniences. To do 3 missions we took like 2 hours because everything is so slow, you can't carry more than one box or more than 5 bullets at a time, forcing you to go back and forth, back and forth. And then it seems like the issue with invisible ships and players still happens like at launch, as we were ambushed by a team of two that just attacked us without them even being visible at any time. Icing on the cake is that I got killed full health with a single sword hit once, then once with two pistol shots through an obstacle, both hitting me hard and killing me. Also the fishing minigame makes no sense, even after I looked up a tutorial (one should never have to look a tutorial on YouTube to understand the basics in a game) it just doesn't work at all. I hope Everwild will be handled a lot better than this.
Fishing is incredibly basic. You only reel when they're tired and to tire them out you simply go the opposite direction they're swimming with your pole.

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fishing is incredibly basic. You only reel when they're tired and to tire them out you simply go the opposite direction they're swimming with your pole.

I tried following them at first which didn't work. Then tried the opposite trick as well at it just kept failing. After 7-8 tries I just stopped, even after a tutorial that I copied it just failed. All kinds of time loss for little reward, which is true for many things in the game. It's such a great game hidden underneath so much slowness and clunkiness, I play it like 2 hours every x months and that's enough.

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
Well, I tried Below on Game Pass because it will leave the service soon. I called Sekiro punishing but this game is something else. It's a shame because I love the artstyle, music and atmosphere of the title. When you slowly get further down the cave it's really quite something. But then... Those insta kill deathtraps, losing the lantern, unforgiving checkpoints/bad shortcuts and the necessity to grind for materials every couple runs really drags progress. There are other games with rogue mechanics who feel more satisfying, and I'll play those. A shame.

Anyone feeling similar about Below?

Apr 6, 2018
are going to help the players with the new patch thanks to the amno box

Aug 26, 2019
Thinking about the Xbox On video, and how Phil mentioned that he sees gaming as something that brings people together (mentioning gaming with his daughter). They're really achieving the "when everyone plays, we all win" future that they wanted for Xbox.

Status
Not open for further replies.