• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
IDK about yall but im excited to see Minecraft updates to use the power of the Series X. My daughters looooove that game and i am excited to see where it goes next.

hmqgg

Nov 1, 2017
Lmao, so this could start all over again.

img90kth.jpg

Nov 29, 2019
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Yah but delaying the games to fall is not a good decision if is only because of next gen

IMHO, it isn't. We know that Microsoft will release free patches to their Xbox One first party games, so we can expect Gears 5, Ori & TWOTW, Wasteland 3 and etc to look gorgeous on its next gen. The same can't be said about third party games, they could just release "Special Edition" of games like Doom Eternal, making us pay another 60$ to have all the shiny new stuff of next gen. Or they also could just release free patches too, who knows.

But delaying to the end of 2020 not only give us a option of choice, but also give us hope that the "upgrade" option will be free.

IDK about yall but im excited to see Minecraft updates to use the power of the Series X. My daughters looooove that game and i am excited to see where it goes next.

Have you seen this video?

Gimme this or we riot!

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
That's a fake though, has to be.

And yeaj, series X edition all the way. You can bet your ass that game will use the Series X to the fullest. Should be incredible.

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
IMHO, it isn't. We know that Microsoft will release free patches to their Xbox One first party games, so we can expect Gears 5, Ori & TWOTW, Wasteland 3 and etc to look gorgeous on its next gen. The same can't be said about third party games, they could just release "Special Edition" of games like Doom Eternal, making us pay another 60$ to have all the shiny new stuff of next gen. Or they also could just release free patches too, who knows.

But delaying to the end of 2020 not only give us a option of choice, but also give us hope that the "upgrade" option will be free.

Have you seen this video?

Gimme this or we riot!

WOW!!! The jump in graphics is blowing my mind. It looks so good. Maybe too good for kids to enjoy since they love that cartoony stuff haha! i think that is a mod they are showing off? Thank you for making me have the need to research into it though...

... i searched and found the official video - https://youtu.be/91kxRGeg9wQ (working with nvidia on how to implement RTX - so cool)
After watching that, i am so excited for my kids. Absolutely love it when they tell me what they built or what they want to build next. it reminds me of when i always used to build legos when i was young. ^.^

Plus all of the 'custom realms err or servers?' they join remind me of the custom games i used to play during my days of gaming in Starcraft and WC3 customs lol. so much fun.

knightmawk

Dec 12, 2018
So custom special edition Cyberpunk 2077 Xbox One X? And it's a retail unit so it probably won't have a bunch of crap glued to it like the DMC and Godzilla ones did, it may actually look cool.

You know what'd be insane and won't happen? If the announcement of that box came with an announcement of Cyberpunk 2077 launching on game pass. Imagine it, just imagine it.

GING-SAMA

Banned
Jul 10, 2019

Senior Game Producer on Diablo IV join Obsidian.

Pretty sure is for the Chris Parker AAA RPG.

Because the Former senior game producer worked on Overwatch 2 at Blizzard is now Production Director for unannounced project at Obsidian.

It's good that Obsidian and Inxile are recruiting at Blizzard, especially producers, because they know how to reach the most players and make big projects of very high quality.

Ray Cobo will do extremely good for Inxile, I think people will be amazed at their next project, directed by Chad moore & Jason D Anderson. Expect an immersive RPG Action in a Dark Fantasy or Space Fantasy universe

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
That's hmqgg, that definitely isn't fake.

Ooooh OK.

Someone said "for the first time ever a next gen console will have a limited edition." but seems that poster was confused with One X.

Please MS, make a Series X version. But if not, that game better be XSX enhanced from day one. Better yet, I rather not have enhanced bullshit at all anymore, but the chances of that may be slim.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Great to see so many MS studios expanding.

Also, ffs, MS, stop adding more games to Game Pass!! I cannot manage them all!

OneBadMutha

Nov 2, 2017
With his statement you should also take into consideration that Josh Holmes leaved a AAA Studio before, because of creative differences, so i understand at some point he wanted to have a fresh start, in a indie environment without 100 of creatives throwing ideas in a room.

Seems you are a fan as many (inlcuding me), so every prediction and dissusion is allowed. I even believe it was the Fans that played a big role on bringing the redirection for halo as a soft reboot. And as a developer myself, having a leadership role in my company, but also worked in a big software company before building a start up years ago, i watch this from some kind of company "understanding" thinking beside also fan hope.

I'am no insider, but i see positive indications with the leadership confirmed publicly they made mistakes. Bonnie Ross talked about how they made MCC too ambitious and failed, or how they let down their creative people by promising to rework the tools and production pipelines for the old tech they had, before halo 5. But didn't do that, what they now did with the creation of slipspace engine. That shows me there were big changes made already earlier, beside position changes.
Also did their parent company admit failure and showed/promised change ( Phil /Xbox). And it's important that a parent company is aware and supportive. That for me is more clearly visible with the recent upgrades/polish on Ori2 or Wasteland3. So phil seems really going in to boost and suppot polish and also heavily invest. In relation to halo that is also seen beside the continue growth of 343 industries, skybox labs (really became big in recent years: 65/2016, 100/2017 115/2018 ,200/2019) been added as Co-Developer to Infinite in 2018.

So i'am looking forward because i love the halo lore and it is one of the few AAA titles left with mod support and now inside a modern engine.

Good take and insight. And yeah I'm a fan. It's the #1 reason I'll continue to buy Xbox consoles. Probably have over 4000 combined hours into the Halo IP between all the games since 2001. I agree Bonnie has said the right things. It's obvious the parent company is giving them support. My trepidation is seeing a few key leads leave within a year of release combined with what Matt has heard.

LevCortez

Jan 12, 2020
Good take and insight. And yeah I'm a fan.
Let's hope we get the flight program date at e3!

My trepidation is seeing a few key leads leave within a year of release combined with what Matt has heard.
But they are huge so more common that things like that happens. And in that industry you never know when there is this new opportunity. I know myself, it takes one dinner with an old friend that tells you a story about his weird idea/project, ask for advice , you put your head into that and think "thats amazing i should quit my save job and do that".

Vico

Jan 3, 2018
I really expect The Initiative to show their game at E3 or at a reveal event. Game might still be far away (late 2021, 2022 or even later), but they'll likely want to unveil the game to help recruitment.

LevCortez

Jan 12, 2020
I really expect The Initiative to show their game at E3 or at a reveal event. Game might still be far away (late 2021, 2022 or even later), but they'll likely want to unveil the game to help recruitment.
I never saw a Engine mentioned in any job listing, curious if they take the challange to build a new one.

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
Wow, Cyberpunk delayed, Horizon: Zero Dawn might be coming to PC. What a day. Many people actually missed the MLB The Show multi-plat announcement last year, I think. So many people's belief systems seem to be in shambles. I bet we'll also see the awesome Dreams come to PC some day.

Let's hope more people will be able to access first party content in the future. It's the future we're heading towards anyways. There'll be a day where being in the ecosystem will mean to start the app/service on your deceive. But it will be more accessible than today.

In Amber Clad

static and disarray
Aug 26, 2018
London
Wow, Cyberpunk delayed, Horizon: Zero Dawn might be coming to PC. What a day. Many people actually missed the MLB The Show multi-plat announcement last year, I think. So many people's belief systems seem to be in shambles. I bet we'll also see the awesome Dreams come to PC some day.

Let's hope more people will be able to access first party content in the future. It's the future we're heading towards anyways. There'll be a day where being in the ecosystem will mean to start the app/service on your deceive. But it will be more accessible than today.

When everybody plays, we all win :)

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

I personally think Sony should consider putting Dreams on Xbox and try to build it to be a multiplatform creative juggernaut like Minecraft.

Status
Not open for further replies.