• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

-Le Monde-

Avenger
Dec 8, 2017
REcore sequel or reboot would be amazing.

By the way, any rumors about a Fable sequel or reboot? I love that series so much. 😔

Nov 29, 2019
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
I never heard anything about it since december and my questions about it are ignored

So your tease was about something new, involving a female protagonist and a robot... Hmmm, interesting. The last time you teased us was about TC creating a "multiplayer build" to test gameplay mechanics and see what works and whatnot, right? So they finished it and now they're throwing solid concepts around, now that the gameplay mechanics are solid enough?

In Amber Clad

rather sultry
Aug 26, 2018
London
I know we're a way off at the moment, but I thought I might offer up a suggestion for the title of OT8.

Given we're now into 2020, and this year will bear the first fruits of the recent acquisitions, I would like to suggest a Phil quote.

Xbox Game Studios |OT8| Execution Mode

Lom1lo

Oct 27, 2017
I'm glad you did! But it's a relic of the old Xbox at this point and I want them focused on new experiences and new IP, or old IPs only if it makes sense. Recore isn't one of those.
Hm maybe, but I still think the IP has a lot potential and could be something special if the budget and right people are there.

knightmawk

Dec 12, 2018

Good point, honestly forgot about that. As of right now it doesn't have a PC games library, just lets you stream to PC, but if Sony extends PS Now to include PC games, then yes, 100% that's where Sony published PC games will go. I don't know how likely that is considering they have two games and no PC store to launch the initiative from, so they'd have to partner with Valve or Epic. That'd be a trip now that I think about it, Sony expands PS Now to include PC games, exclusively through the Epic Games Store.

tapedeck

Oct 28, 2017
Looking on the bright side of the recent 'no XSX exclusives for a year' news I'm kinda hoping a new KI is maybe in very early planning stages for let's say a Holiday 2021 release on Series X and PC.

I'd be ok with waiting if it meant the game was being designed as a Series X (and PC) exclusive and didn't have to worry about being on XB1.

NimbusCub

Oct 28, 2017
Phoenix
I've been repeatedly pointing this out and getting ignored so gave up in the end :)

Same. Gave it up after the second attempt.

Hmmm... I smell Gears 5 DLC

Jack coming to Smash as an Assist trophy.

Cole Train debuts as a playable character in a trailer that features him having a WWE-esque entrance to a boxing match with Little Mac.

"Xbox is eager to continue to explore the Switch".

I know we're a way off at the moment, but I thought I might offer up a suggestion for the title of OT8.

Given we're now into 2020, and this year will bear the first fruits of the recent acquisitions, I would like to suggest a Phil quote.

Xbox Game Studios |OT8| Execution Mode

Only if my original OT recommendation is used for Fable.

Fable |OT| An Expected Journey.

elenarie

Game Developer
Verified
Jun 10, 2018
What's their source? I don't see any announcement referenced in the article. Or are they just basing this off the gdc talk?
Couldn't find that talk. I wonder if it was leaked early or if someone is just fishing for next gen hardware info by making random articles.

Oct 27, 2017
Looking on the bright side of the recent 'no XSX exclusives for a year' news I'm kinda hoping a new KI is maybe in very early planning stages for let's say a Holiday 2021 release on Series X and PC.

I'd be ok with waiting if it meant the game was being designed as a Series X (and PC) exclusive and didn't have to worry about being on XB1.

I could definitely see a new Killer Instinct title happening sometime next generation. I think MS was surprised by the reception to the game and it'd make for a good fanservice announcement, not Banjo 3 big but it'd be pretty hype in my book.

LevCortez

Jan 12, 2020

Microsoft had really made some nice progress with the huge amount of development and investment in technology for developing Games. The aquisition of Simplygon to boost development and performance. But also more the collab with hadean and them working with XGS (video) gives a good glimpse at exciting things to come.

Couldn't find that talk. I wonder if it was leaked early or if someone is just fishing for next gen hardware info by making random articles.

The talks description says that examine Turn 10 approach to placing dynamic lighting baking probes used in modern real time raytracing techniques

Ebtesam

Self-Requested Ban
Apr 1, 2018
I remember a specific person here who used to come at specific times (and get banned and never came after that) complaining about an Phil's policy regarding games coming to the PC platform and how this killed Xbox (and how Xbox games are bad and so on) NOW he is happey and says that Sony is smart for putting their Games on PC and they will makes more money!!!

it's really a double standard when the shoes on the other foot

Nov 29, 2019
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
I remember a specific person here who used to come at specific times (and get banned and never came after that) complaining about an Phil's policy regarding games coming to the PC platform and how this killed Xbox (and how Xbox games are bad and so on) NOW he is happey and says that Sony is smart for putting their Games on PC and they will makes more money!!!

At least his/her hipocrisy is far from here.

knightmawk

Dec 12, 2018
Cry-on reimagined!??
jk I'm so off but I wanted to jab it in :p

In my heart of hearts, I hope that Sakaguchi hasn't given up on Cry-on and it will be the beginning of the second era of Mistwalker and Xbox.

The team behind FH? Interesting.

Not really, probably a few seniors will have come from the Forza team and operations will be mostly common, otherwise it's a whole new studio. Someone feel free to correct me but I think this new team is even running out of a new office. I wouldn't be that surprised if that team even rebranded as a new studio like "Playground North" or something.

Nov 29, 2019
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Not really, probably a few seniors will have come from the Forza team and operations will be mostly common, otherwise it's a whole new studio. Someone feel free to correct me but I think this new team is even running out of a new office. I wouldn't be that surprised if that team even rebranded as a new studio like "Playground North" or something.

Yes, they have a new building in St.Albans

knightmawk

Dec 12, 2018
Because I am dumb - what's the difference between this and existing Windows 10 Streaming? Works over mobile networks rather than only home wifi?

This can be used to stream from your Xbox to your phone, I think only Android is supported now, Windows 10 streaming previously only worked from your Xbox to a windows 10 PC.

Ffog

Feb 5, 2018
This can be used to stream from your Xbox to your phone, I think only Android is supported now, Windows 10 streaming previously only worked from your Xbox to a windows 10 PC.

So it works out of the house and when your Xbox is off/turns your Xbox on? My normal phone is iOS but I've got a fairly new Android (that has some weird SIM issues) that I might track down to give this a crack. Seems like a good way to spend some lunch breaks

Edit: Speaking of W10 streaming, I tried it ages ago and it was a mess (either my PC or wifi probably the issue) but have been using it recently and it's brilliant.

knightmawk

Dec 12, 2018
So it works out of the house and when your Xbox is off/turns your Xbox on? My normal phone is iOS but I've got a fairly new Android (that has some weird SIM issues) that I might track down to give this a crack. Seems like a good way to spend some lunch breaks

Edit: Speaking of W10 streaming, I tried it ages ago and it was a mess (either my PC or wifi probably the issue) but have been using it recently and it's brilliant.

I haven't tried using it anywhere but in my house so I'm not actually sure. I did just try it with wifi turned off over mobile data (still physically in my house) and it still worked, so it seems like it goes over the internet and should work anywhere, but all my experiences so far have been in my house.

Next time I leave I'll try it and see, honestly never thought to before.

GamerDude

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The lack of A Plague Tale on Game Pass for Xbox really stings. Is there any precedence for a PC announcement but then a game shortly following on Xbox? I hope so! That is by far my most wanted addition.

Windu

Oct 25, 2017

nah, the person just had time to adjust to their new reality. Just the risk of being the first out of the gate. If Sony was the one to first jump into the multiplatform waters I'm confident the same stuff would have happened. Also I haven't looked much around the internet, but I assume the reaction from some PlayStation fans are the same as these idiots:

Ebtesam

Self-Requested Ban
Apr 1, 2018
nah, the person just had time to adjust to their new reality. Just the risk of being the first out of the gate. If Sony was the one to first jump into the multiplatform waters I'm confident the same stuff would have happened. Also I haven't looked much around the internet, but I assume the reaction from some PlayStation fans are the same as these idiots:

in fact, his latest replies are still making fun of Xbox platform and its games while Praise Sony and called it Smart Move!!

So MS Made a Stupid decision while Sony is making a Smart decision???

Windu

Oct 25, 2017
in fact, his latest replies are still making fun of Xbox platform and its games while Praise Sony and called it Smart Move!!

So MS Made a Stupid decision while Sony is making a Smart decision???
Ok well that person just sounds like a 5 year old. Perhaps you should just ignore the person.

Neural

Oct 27, 2017
Italy
I've talked about a game with my source today, and it was about a brave woman fighting among a robot, but I forgot if the robot's name was Jack or Mac...
gallery_618x_gaming_xboxgallery_2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.