• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vico

Jan 3, 2018
Thoses teases (Matt, Morgoth) about games in development are killing me. I want to know more...

I finally started Hellblade for the first time, with headphones, and this is great. The work that's been done on audio and atmosphere Is incredible. Can't wait to hear more about Hellblade 2.

Laver

Banned
Mar 30, 2018
Unfortunately there were some people like that here when Microsoft announced the same thing 😒😒 luckily I think they've all come around
Well, fanboys are the same on all platforms, Xbox, Nintendo, Sony, PC.

I think that XBox fans have simply come to understand that by disattaching itself from a fixed specification $300-$500 box, Microsoft can grow its gaming business more organically and predictably, justifying much greater investments into gaming, which ultimately also benefits console-only owners. And if they ever find themselves wanting to play in different circumstances, they'll be able to play the same games on their laptop or phone with (hopefully) minimal additional investment.

If Sony fully embraces PC and streaming, its fans will eventually appreciate the extra options.

solis74

Jun 11, 2018
Thoses teases (Matt, Morgoth) about games in development are killing me. I want to know more...

I finally started Hellblade for the first time, with headphones, and this is great. The work that's been done on audio and atmosphere Is incredible. Can't wait to hear more about Hellblade 2.

Agree.

damanfra

Jan 24, 2019
Brasil
New Job at Playground games :

Lead cinematic animator (RPG team)

Principal AI engineer (RPG team)

Material Artist (RPG team)

Senior gameplay/combat designer (RPG team)

AAA!

I always dream that one day Playground Games could use the beautiful Forza Horizon 4's openworld to create their own GTA like game. They could create episodic co op missions like GTA's heists in a Michael Bay action movie style. LOL

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 25, 2018
It's really sad to see Xbox won't go all in on next gen Fligh Simulator - Feature Episode 5 /s
The amount of work and money for future tech seems well spend. Also saw 343 put this high production value in their sound Team.
It's kind of weird seeing an open world filled with nothing, but like scenery. I know it's a flight simulator, but I still expect monsters to come out of the grass.

Deleted member 51306

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 27, 2018
This is a little off topic. I asked this in the thread about it but never got an answer. Does the console streaming work on something like a chrome cast or does it have to be a phone/tablet. I'm trying to stream my Xbox back to my bedroom.

PianoBlack

May 24, 2018
United States
I always dream that one day Playground Games could use the beautiful Forza Horizon 4's openworld to create their own GTA like game. They could create episodic co op missions like GTA's heists in a Michael Bay action movie style. LOL

I would love a "realistic" GTA without the parody humor that feels increasingly rote or even cringy these days. Something more like an extended heist movie or crime drama.

LevCortez

Jan 12, 2020
Not much of an RPG in GTA, but i could also like the idea of a modern time rpg. Somekind of a undercover agent, and your infiltrate all the diffrent gangs, as you level up you get in contact with even more bad guys. And moral decisions about how much you participate in crimes or tell your chief etc. Kinda like The departed.

It's kind of weird seeing an open world filled with nothing, but like scenery. I know it's a flight simulator, but I still expect monsters to come out of the grass.
Still huge for a Flight Sim or game in general.
For me the project is so intresting because it is a evolvement, for Game Development, in regards to procedural generation of an relastic envoirment.
I mean from minecraft ,we went to No Mans Sky (12 People!), Star citizen and now also Flight Sim in huge scale. And Microsoft having that learning, building the cloud tools out of it, can open the next door for every XGS. Flight Sim does that with Machine learning and procedural generation of the 3d assets, you feed the cloud with images and get the right models, as you teach them how they should be vary, where not to place, etc.
Next step, designer has an idea, loads the artwork into the cloud and gets an arranged 3d scene or whole enviroment. In the end you could have a automated rating system, that if fails by being under a similiarity score or by manual request, that a asset piece missing. So a 3d artist get tasked to add it to the libary of models for the cloud to choose from.
In the end Studios can produce much faster prototypes, put much more ressources on the details and gameplay mechanics, etc.

knightmawk

Dec 12, 2018
This is a little off topic. I asked this in the thread about it but never got an answer. Does the console streaming work on something like a chrome cast or does it have to be a phone/tablet. I'm trying to stream my Xbox back to my bedroom.

Right now it only works with Android mobile phones, unclear whether it'll eventually work with Chromecasts as well, but they've mentioned they plan to make apps for smart TVs.

If you really want to though, you can stream to a PC hooked up to your TV via HDMI or to a PC and then use something like a Steamlink to stream that PC to your TV.

Windu

Oct 25, 2017
Android only atm. Uses the Xbox Game Streaming app.

play.google.com

Xbox Game Streaming (Preview) - Apps on Google Play

Play Xbox games on your mobile phone or tablet.

They still do have that Xbox to Windows 10 streaming using the Xbox Companion App on Windows. Could try that with a pc. Don't know how good it is in comparison though. It was ok like 5 yrs ago.

Deleted member 51306

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 27, 2018
Right now it only works with Android mobile phones, unclear whether it'll eventually work with Chromecasts as well, but they've mentioned they plan to make apps for smart TVs.

If you really want to though, you can stream to a PC hooked up to your TV via HDMI or to a PC and then use something like a Steamlink to stream that PC to your TV.
Thanks for the info. I'll probably just buy and all digital. Seems like that would be simpler

Apr 6, 2018
Ha, fair enough, no worries :D

It would, but I'd have been up for seeing where it went!
So your tease was about something new, involving a female protagonist and a robot... Hmmm, interesting. The last time you teased us was about TC creating a "multiplayer build" to test gameplay mechanics and see what works and whatnot, right? So they finished it and now they're throwing solid concepts around, now that the gameplay mechanics are solid enough?
maybe

Nov 29, 2019
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Jun 22, 2018
Ooooh

He basically said that right now, it's almost the same as the actual Xbox One OS , to the point that if you put them both side to side, most people won't know the difference, bar performance.
I suspect that the new dashboard options that insiders have been testing is actually going to be a new unified dashboard across X1 and XSX. Which is why they are testing lots of options and really taking their time with it.

Nov 29, 2019
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
I suspect that the new dashboard options that insiders have been testing is actually going to be a new unified dashboard across X1 and XSX. Which is why they are testing lots of options and really taking their time with it.

Yeah, I think it looks great, and last night update added more options and customization to the My Games & Apps tab.

Loved the Forza Horizon Series but are we worried about Fable (If it's coming)? (New to Xbox One)

Nah, in Playground we trust. They've been hiring the best talent in the world, and Forza Horizon has shown they're masters at world building and attention to details.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Is this a new dash altogether, or you just got the update late? Pics? :D

This is a great suggestion!
Seems to be a modification of the games and apps page. Everything on the right hand side listing what to be installed, updates, game pass installs etc. Less drilling down for info. At work currently, will try and snag a Pic when I get home.

In Amber Clad

rather sultry
Aug 26, 2018
London

Yeah, I had that thought when I was looking at it last night, as I noticed there's an option to filter installed games by console.

Hopefully this goes up on YouTube or a VoD before too long, I really want to watch it.

This is a great suggestion!

Thanks! Now I just have to hope I can remember it 200 pages later :D

CliveLH

Jun 22, 2019
Maybe something like the late Fast and Furious movies that are more about big action heist movies than actual racing.

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
https://www.resetera.com/threads/u-...ery-year-1995-to-2019-ranked-on-sales.165284/

Looking at the top sales over the years Halo used to be such a juggernaut in terms of sales, especially for being an exclusive. Hopefully Infinite will return it to it's former glory.
too bad the whole gaming landscape is different where we have Gamepass and plenty of other items that aren't included in sales data anymore.

glory may mean amount sold to you, but for me its about being fun and keeping that consistency years down the road where i keep coming back.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
too bad the whole gaming landscape is different where we have Gamepass and plenty of other items that aren't included in sales data anymore.

glory may mean amount sold to you, but for me its about being fun and keeping that consistency years down the road where i keep coming back.
Glory will mean high player engagement that last a decent length.

Status
Not open for further replies.