• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NippleViking

May 2, 2018
Can't we just focus on Ori and Bleeding Edge right now? Let's worry about Halo: Infinite when we know information about the game.

Not going to point fingers either, we all have our moments.^.^

Crazy is sometimes awesome!
Nagh. Whilst I agree more spotlight and emphasis should be placed on other games, we shouldn't be putting lids on people's excitement. This is fricking Halo - Xbox's bread and butter, an industry defining property, and a series which millions have formative memories with - tent-poling the launch of a new generation of hardware, after 5 years of quiet. It warrants all the discussion, speculation, excitement, trepidation and more, and frankly it wouldn't be a Halo launch without it.

Super Havoc

Banned
Aug 24, 2018
The Haven
If Perfect Dark is Reboot. Is will be Third Person Action/aventure with infiltration deep system.

In terms of universe yes. But is game more than 20 years.

if you think they will be held back by this. Lol.
PerfectDark-DefectionHUDPR.jpg

16%20Ghost%20in%20the%20shell.jpg

Perfect dark third person, like Ghost in the shell vibe needed, with traversal like Spiderman/Sunset overdrive.

I'm 100% in support of this look and some great traversal. I'm fairly sure that if this was in the make and in a third person/stealth/action form, much like Splinter Cell or Uncharted, we'd have stages we're dropped into and not open world design. In which fine with personally.

Last edited:

Klobrille

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I'm 100% in support of this look and some great traversal. I'm fairly sure that if this was in the make and in a third person/stealth/action form, much like Splinter Cell or Uncharted, we'd have stages we're dropped into and not open world design. I'm which fine with that personally.
It's funny you mention traversal. I remember a tweet from Drew Murray very early on when the studio was just born how the team walked through the streets of Santa Monica looking for movement possibilities or something like that. I can't remember the exact wording. With the animation lead and team and The Initiative, I expect to be the resource "animation" being really important for the game.

T0kenAussie

Jan 15, 2020
It's simple. MS buys EA spins out the sports division to 2K and reboots PD with mirrors edge style gameplay. Obsidian gets to work on KOTOR again and respawn get TF3 funded

Redesigned83

Jul 9, 2018
This is the 2nd time Phil has hinted that The Initiative might be working on something from the past, at this point I can't see how it's not Perfect Dark.

It also makes more sense how the game is playable already if all the Coalition helping rumors were true, they already had the Shangheist assets to work with. I'm excited either way.

T0kenAussie

Jan 15, 2020
L
Weren't there rumblings PD is in dev hell?
If the rumours are all true

coalition had a PD reboot In prototype-> dev work stops and TC pick up the project. It explains why the coalition has been supporting them the whole way and I wouldn't be surprised if they are supplying engine and assets while TC is doing story / quest design and art direction

Deleted member 8136

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
L
If the rumours are all true

coalition had a PD reboot In prototype-> dev work stops and TC pick up the project. It explains why the coalition has been supporting them the whole way and I wouldn't be surprised if they are supplying engine and assets while TC is doing story / quest design and art direction

I could have sworn, I read some comment by Morgoth Bauglir about that topic not too long ago. But I'm old, so who knows....

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 25, 2018

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 25, 2018
Yeah that is what I meant.

The only thing bothering me though is this. If there are people playing on both gens of consoles, will the SSD users have to wait until the HDD users load before starting? Artificially long waiting times for xsx users?
Well presumably that would be how it is yes. It's the same way on PC in most cases.

GING-SAMA

Banned
Jul 10, 2019
Don't forget Dan Neuburger is the Game Director (Game director of TB reboot)

Drew murray the design director.

And Darrell Gallagher will be heavily involved in game design/Art because he doesn't have to worry about running a business etc ...

My wish :

-Perfect Dark
- Expand the universe, make the blade runner/Ghost in the shell of XBOX
-Large vertical Semi Open World
-movement inspired by Spiderman/Sunset
-Third Person Action/Aventure with deep infiltration system and RPG
-Scarlett Johansson for Joanna

Jan 4, 2018
My last Xbox was a 360 and I am excited for the direction MS has taken! I'm onboard for the XsX and can finally install my 360 games! About 70% of them are BC! :)
And likely some are enhanced at 4K too
Well presumably that would be how it is yes. It's the same way on PC in most cases.
MS new strategy.
They won't force people to upgrade.
It's your friends that upgraded first that will force you to upgrade hahah

And Darrell Gallagher will be heavily involved in game design/Art because he doesn't have to worry about running a business etc ...

My wish :

-Perfect Dark
Uuuuhhhh... yes please, I love the Ghost in the Shell world
As for the gameplay I hope it's either a "new Hitman" but with "spyish" objectives (hack into a terminal to steal data, extract a VIP....) or 3rd person Deus Ex

dodmaster

Apr 27, 2019
According to Morgoth, TC is doing a Perfect Dark vertical slice, or prototype. The Initiative will hopefully turn out a new third person adventure IP that's an easy sell. As far as the traversal goes, I recall them walking around Santa Monica backstreets getting into different spaces and posing questions as to out how each location they visited would translate into a video game.

Last edited:

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

My wish :

-Perfect Dark

gag at Scarlett Johansson. Fucking please no, she sucks and is kind of a terrible person

Mack

Banned
May 30, 2019
I was thinking about Xbox One as the base for the upcoming XGS titles. Won't it affect the next-gen feel of Halo Infinite on Series X?

Neural

Oct 27, 2017
Italy
Why? The only thing that's going to matter is the execution whether it's an old or new IP.
Exactly. People must stop obsessing on new IP vs old IP. A game can be awesome or totally forgettable regardless of the attached IP. I understand some want fresh experiences, but you can have them with old IPs too (see GoW). And I understand some care about the marketing and nostalgic power of well-known old IPs, but new IPs can have great marketing impact too, based only on their strengths and the ones of their developers (see Sekiro).

Last 24 hours to snag a copy of Modern Warfare 2019 folks!
Missed it! Applied, thanks. Awesome giveaway :D

I was thinking about Xbox One as the base for the upcoming XGS titles. Won't it affect the next-gen feel of Halo Infinite on Series X?
Why should they be based on Xbox One? I'ts like saying that every PC game is based on the weaker configuration. Why can't they base it on SX hardware and then scale it back cutting not only graphics but features too (ie. seamless vs loading screens), when needed?

Glimpse_Dog

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I'm 100% in support of this look and some great traversal. I'm fairly sure that if this was in the make and in a third person/stealth/action form, much like Splinter Cell or Uncharted, we'd have stages we're dropped into and not open world design. In which fine with personally.

In terms of mission structure I think the new hitman reboots should be the benchmark. Provide decently sized (maybe a bit bigger or simply have more vertically in PD) sandbox style maps with multiple ways of clearing the mission. Give Jo plenty or gadgets and gizmo options and let us solve cool and interesting progression puzzles on those maps.

Also...counter ops....give us counter ops...its a cardinal sin no game has done this mode since the OG perfect dark.

It would be so cool having one player infiltrate a dataDyne building while another is in charge of the buildings security systems.

My wish :

-Perfect Dark

I like everything except the spiderman/sunset movement. Perfect dark should be mostly sealthy with moments of crazy action when things go wrong or you gotta get the hell out of dodge. Again Hitman is the closest example I can give.

Last edited:

Super Havoc

Banned
Aug 24, 2018
The Haven
In terms of mission structure I think the new hitman reboots should be the benchmark. Provide decently sized (maybe a bit bigger or simply have more vertically in PD) sandbox style maps with multiple ways of clearing the mission. Give Jo plenty or gadgets and gizmo options and let us solve cool and interesting progression puzzles on those maps.

Also...counter ops....give us counter ops...its a cardinal sin no game has done this mode since the OG perfect dark.

It would be so cool having one player infiltrate a dataDyne building while another is in charge of the buildings security systems.

I'm with that as well, but that goes to my point of us being more or less deposited into a mission/stage. It won't be an open world structure to which we'd travel around like Spidey or a character in Sunset Overdrive.

Btw, didn't Splinter Cell do counter Ops PvP missions?

Last edited:

Sikamikanico

Oct 25, 2017
Random one - Us folks that do the whole xboxera.com thing are hunting for an additional news writer for the site (Unfortunately, we have been unable to perfect cloning technology to create another SuikerBrood that we can tether to a desk) Said person can also dip their toes into reviews and everything else, so if you're interested, please ping me so we can chat?

Klobrille

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
A big leap in graphics, scale and complexity. It just blows my mind that a game such as Infinite will run on an ancient Xbox One with its weak Jaguar CPU.
Sea of Thieves runs well on an 8 year old GPU with 1 GB of RAM and an even older CPU. This didn't prevent the game from being one of the technically best-looking games this generation on Xbox One X (and even more so on a powerful PC).

And this tells you everything you need to know about the scalability XGS is delivering yesterday, today and tomorrow.

I'll leave the rest of this stage to the teams at XGS (which has actually already been done by Ninja Theory with Hellblade II, but somehow we ignore that for ... Reasons).

Sep 19, 2019
Hamburg- Germany
A big leap in graphics, scale and complexity. It just blows my mind that a game such as Infinite will run on an ancient Xbox One with its weak Jaguar CPU.

To make this game running on Xbox One they will need to cut out things and scale down everything neccessary to achieve a reasonable performance.

People with an Xbox one should rather be concerned to have a shitty version of a huge game. With a Series X you will enjoy the best version possible.

The trailer should have give you an indication of that already as you won't see this fidelity on an Xbox one.

Sikamikanico

Oct 25, 2017
Sea of Thieves runs well on an 8 year old GPU with 1 GB of RAM and an even older CPU. This didn't prevent the game from being one of the technically best-looking games this generation on Xbox One X (and even more so on a powerful PC).

And this tells you everything you need to know about the scalability XGS is delivering yesterday, today and tomorrow.

I'll leave the rest of this stage to the teams at XGS (which has actually already been done by Ninja Theory with Hellblade II, but somehow we ignore that for ... Reasons).

I have zero fears on Halo Infinite. I'm pretty bullish on it, one might say.

RE: Hellblade II - I don't think it's going to come to Xbox One - if memory serves, Phil said it's an early look at a game early in development - I think we're looking at fall 2021 at the earliest, and no-one has specifically said it's coming to Xbox One. Folks are just putting Matt Booty's statement together with the game announce and rolling with it.

Glimpse_Dog

Banned
Oct 29, 2017

My wish :

-Perfect Dark

I like everything except the spiderman/sunset movement. Perfect dark should be mostly sealthy with moments of crazy action when things go wrong or you gotta get the hell out of dodge. Again Hitman is the closest example I can give.
I'm with that as well, but that goes to my point of us being more or deposited into a mission/stage. It won't be an open world structure to which we'd travel around like Spidey or a character in Subset Overdrive.

Btw, didn't Splinter Cell do counter Ops PvP missions?

Exactly. I dont think it should be fully open world to be fair. I'd like a hub zone (Carrington institute baby) with mission/locations which are large in scope but cut off from one another gameplay wise. I think if each zone was like 2x the size if a hitman zone on average (with some bigger and some smaller focused missions) that would be a good scale. As others have said - verticality is important but it should be natural (not leaping from roof to roof with superpowers).

SC did spies vs mercs but they were purpose made multiplayer maps. Perfect dark counter ops actually was the single player campaign but with one player becoming a random enemy/NPC.

Status
Not open for further replies.