• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
So I wonder about two things....

1 - RDNA2. We know it's great news, but what exactly does it mean? :)

2 - Smart delivery. So it means we buy a Xbox One game and it will work on Series X. That's a cool feature for the first or two years because that's for how long Xbox One will be around. But what about once Xbox One is over and it's Lockhart and Series X?

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017

2 - Smart delivery. So it means we buy a Xbox One game and it will work on Series X. That's a cool feature for the first or two years because that's for how long Xbox One will be around. But what about once Xbox One is over and it's Lockhart and Series X?
Did a quick google.

1 - AMD is claiming that RDNA 2 will offer up to 50% better performance than RDNA 1. More info to be fully revealed on March 5th?? i think.

2 - Remember this is going to be normal for XGS titles, it is an option for 3rd party games. so don't expect that situation to happen for every title once the series x releases.

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
Did a quick google.

1 - AMD is claiming that RDNA 2 will offer up to 50% better performance than RDNA 1. More info to be fully revealed on March 5th?? i think.

2 - Remember this is going to be normal for XGS titles, it is an option for 3rd party games. so don't expect that situation to happen for every title once the series x releases.

That sounds good to me about RDNA2. So it actually isn't even out for PC yet? Wow, MS truly is going for some serious stuff now.

As for 2, thing is, what about when Xbox One isn't around anymore? When support for it ends, when games just don't come out for it anymore? Which if we go by what MS said is over the next year or two. That feature won't be all that important anymore then, will it? Because we should be getting next gen only games by then.

Unless they plan to support Xbox One much longer than that.

Nov 29, 2019
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
That sounds good to me about RDNA2. So it actually isn't even out for PC yet? Wow, MS truly is going for some serious stuff now.

As for 2, thing is, what about when Xbox One isn't around anymore? When support for it ends, when games just don't come out for it anymore? Which if we go by what MS said is over the next year or two. That feature won't be all that important anymore then, will it? Because we should be getting next gen only games by then.

Unless they plan to support Xbox One much longer than that.

Then those who bought the Lockhart can take advantage on this feature if they upgrade to Series X. But still, that's a gigantic deal in the next 2 years, personally I was afraid of buying games like Doom Eternal, Cyberpunk 2077, Vampire The Masquerade 2, cuz I would've to buy them all again in the next gen. Now, with the Smart Delivering Im totally buying these games on their launch day (at least Cyberpunk 2077) cuz I know I'll get the best version when the Series X launches

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
Did a quick google.

I'm pretty sure that is referring to the inclusion of VRS tier 2 in RDNA2. Which is something currently only in Nvidia's Turing cards and can provide "up to" that level of performance increase depending on the scenario, with little impact on image quality. Allegedly.

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
I have the new dashboard. It's gonna take a while to get used to this, because I was so used to moving left and right to get to places.

Is there a video (perhaps from MS themselves) explaining all the new features? Also, for some reason it says "trial" at The evil Within 2, but it's very much a real game, physical game even. Why trial?

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I have the new dashboard. It's gonna take a while to get used to this, because I was so used to moving left and right to get to places.

Is there a video (perhaps from MS themselves) explaining all the new features? Also, for some reason it says "trial" at The evil Within 2, but it's very much a real game, physical game even. Why trial?
There are plenty of videos out there that show off the latest dash but recent updates are more about fixes etc. You might need to search back a little to find the feature videos.

It does take a while to relearn things but it's a solid update.

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
There are plenty of videos out there that show off the latest dash but recent updates are more about fixes etc. You might need to search back a little to find the feature videos.

It does take a while to relearn things but it's a solid update.

Yeah, I have a feeling it isn't gonna take me too long. I already love how easily I can see the store without going in it and be able to choice new games, top paid games, Xbox games specials, games coming soon, top free games and search. And it sure is fast too, and clean.

Hudsoniscool

Banned
Jun 5, 2018
I'm pretty sure that is referring to the inclusion of VRS tier 2 in RDNA2. Which is something currently only in Nvidia's Turing cards and can provide "up to" that level of performance increase depending on the scenario, with little impact on image quality. Allegedly.
If rdna 2.0 has even 25% performance boost over 1.0 than xsx's gpu is better than a 2080 super.

Bugalugs214

Banned
Nov 26, 2017
Hopefully they can finish off all the specs before E3 then just leave that to the games (and price)

Really excited to see what all the studios are working on and who will get the most out of it.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Yeah they'll be up there, Ninja theory and Playground games will produce some magic too I hope!
I think everyone will bring their A Game but for me personally, something like Forza screams use of RT etc. Also running at 60fps and beyond will be crazy good. T10 will probably use RT for something to do with physics and deformation etc lol.

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
It was a rumor that said XSX would have a feature where you can stream the game while it's downloading, right? This would be fantastic for the crazy huge games out there and with the (for me at least) inconsistent download speed on Xbox One it could help out a lot.

I think MS still has quite a bit of surprises left for us in terms of interesting new features.

Ffog

Feb 5, 2018
This might get lost in the 12TF hype (and isn't specifically an XGS question and I figured someone here might know the answer).
I gifted a digital game to my brother. Our Xboxes are not linked at all. I went to buy it myself so we could play together, but noticed that I couldn't buy it as "I already owned it" and it was downloading.

Have I saved myself money here or is this all going to backfire when we actually try and play at the same time? And ideas?

Steelyuhas

Oct 27, 2017

It'll work like it does today with the S and X. Devs can set it up so a 4k asset pack isn't installed on an S, but is for the X without the end-user having to do anything.

Shrennin

Oct 25, 2017
Oh my gosh. Hellblade 2 is going to look exactly as it was revealed, isn't it?

I mean... that's insane to me.

Firima

Oct 27, 2017
It's been a wild ride today. How are you all holding up? I've seen some people shaken to their absolute cores today, a great and entertaining way to begin the week imo.

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
A phone is different from a dedicated handheld console. Streaming games on phones is still less than ideal because of battery life and the awkward hassle with gamepads. Nothing beats native hardware. I would absolutely buy a Switch-like xbox handheld even though I own quite a few expensive phones. Convincing people to buy a 4TF device as opposed to 12TF XSX and PS5 would be much easier if that device had a handheld functionality too, maybe bundled with Xcloud to play more powerful games.

I don't think a 4TF device is a hard sell at all if it's cheaper than the alternative plays next gen games at 1080p with a competent image quality.

I can't see a 4TF mobile device, that has enough storage to hold next gen games, being a cost saving option. Remember this thing has to be able to run the same games as the XSX, just at a lower resolution that's gonna take a monster of a mobile apu.

Governergrimm

Jun 25, 2019
This might get lost in the 12TF hype (and isn't specifically an XGS question and I figured someone here might know the answer).
I gifted a digital game to my brother. Our Xboxes are not linked at all. I went to buy it myself so we could play together, but noticed that I couldn't buy it as "I already owned it" and it was downloading.

Have I saved myself money here or is this all going to backfire when we actually try and play at the same time? And ideas?
What game was it?

Azerth

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
now that you got those boring specs out of the ms give me that halo footage

Ebtesam

Self-Requested Ban
Apr 1, 2018
Xbox now Goes first coz they are have a weaker box than Sony..

but when Sony Go first they are stronger box xD

double standards

Zg9

Jan 18, 2020
Xbox Series X is going to be a beast, that's a fact. Now imagine that XGS supports their new and old IP with sequels and that they have a lot third-party games (including Japanese third-party support). What games would you like to see on XSX?
ERl3PxNXkAAYc6i

(Unofficial image)

Munki

Apr 30, 2019
Xbox Series X is going to be a beast, that's a fact. Now imagine that XGS supports their new and old IP with sequels and that they have a lot third-party games (including Japanese third-party support). What games would you like to see on XSX?
ERl3PxNXkAAYc6i

(Unofficial image)
Besides the usual suspects, I would love to see a reboot of the Spinter Cell series.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
I think the update is for everyone? See if you can force the update in your settings if you don't have it yet.

Oh sorry, I already have it as an Alpha Skip Ahead insider, I'm just curious who all has it.

Splinter Cell and Ninja Gaiden reboots funded by MS. Mark it.

Phil's like "I'm takin' it back to the old school' 'Cause I'm an old fool who's so cool. If you want to get down, I'ma show you the way. Whoomp there it is! Lemme hear ya say"

Redesigned83

Jul 9, 2018
That graphic reminds me, I typically don't get into games with cartoonish art styles but I do think Everwild is going to find a place in my heart

Status
Not open for further replies.