• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
Thinking about the news this morning... confirmation about it using RDNA 2.0 is going to be really good. Once we find out the exact details here soon, were all going to have a great idea of how powerful this machine will be. VRS tier 2 is also a great addition for confirmation too. The little I know about them already brings me confidence in games I'm not even ready to even imagine could be possible. This jump is gonna be sick.

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
Xbox now Goes first coz they are have a weaker box than Sony..

but when Sony Go first they are stronger box xD

double standards

Oh that's the talk of the town in the next gen thread I assume? Done with that nonsense. So we've now had "is it really 12tf?" "RDNA2 was to be expected" and now this nonsense all since yesterday? Lol.

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
So I wonder about two things....

1 - RDNA2. We know it's great news, but what exactly does it mean? :)

2 - Smart delivery. So it means we buy a Xbox One game and it will work on Series X. That's a cool feature for the first or two years because that's for how long Xbox One will be around. But what about once Xbox One is over and it's Lockhart and Series X?

Smart Delivery will always be an important feature so long as MS is supporting multiple devices with a single SKU.

So if it's a next gen game and your playing on a Lockhart, the version of a game you download wont have the 4K assets.

What I wonder is if Smart Delivery is a rebranding if Intelligent Delivery, which has been around since Xbox One X. Intelligent Delivery not only made sure you had the right version of the game for your hardware, but also shrunk install sizes by excluding assets the user doesn't want or need, like foreign language packages

Neural

Oct 27, 2017
Italy
Xbox absolutely dominating the next-gen conversation. And they didn't even begin talking about games. I'm pretty sure after E3 the complete hardware+games XSX offering will leave everyone in awe.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
when does the xbox store usually update with new games? sayonara wild hearts is being released today and i want to ask the OT to be brought back from hangouts to gaming.

Kasey

Nov 1, 2017
Boise
Just preordered Doomey Turnal

March is gonna be crazy as hell, and I'm not making it easier by starting up Nier Automata right now. I also have to make some time mid March to dive back into SoD2.

solis74

Jun 11, 2018
Xbox Series X is going to be a beast, that's a fact. Now imagine that XGS supports their new and old IP with sequels and that they have a lot third-party games (including Japanese third-party support). What games would you like to see on XSX?
ERl3PxNXkAAYc6i

(Unofficial image)

Awesome!

Voodoopeople

Oct 29, 2017
It really is an exciting time for Xbox at the moment. There's no doubt that they have completed the u-turn in the public perception.

They regularly get reported as being the most pro-consumer of the big three platforms https://www.escapistmagazine.com/v2/how-xbox-has-become-the-most-consumer-friendly-of-the-big-three/ and it's easy to see why.

Step by step they have addressed each of their weaknesses and the final one (1st party output) is really kicking in this year. 14-16 1st party studio games out this year alone.

I can see there being at least other 1 big AAA coming out for 2020 at XSX launch.Probably from Global Studios. So Halo Infinite and one banger AAA from Global.

LevCortez

Jan 12, 2020
Smart Delivery will always be an important feature so long as MS is supporting multiple devices with a single SKU.

So if it's a next gen game and your playing on a Lockhart, the version of a game you download wont have the 4K assets.

What I wonder is if Smart Delivery is a rebranding if Intelligent Delivery, which has been around since Xbox One X. Intelligent Delivery not only made sure you had the right version of the game for your hardware, but also shrunk install sizes by excluding assets the user doesn't want or need, like foreign language packages
I think it's exactly the feature that matt booty was refering to in the interview last year, that twitter translated to "no exclusives". Xbox Games or third party games that want to use it have the diffrent version sitting in the cloud and depending on your xbox it downloads the install files for the game in regards to your hardware. In Theory and with the XSX power of current gaming Pc's, they could repackage games that already were released with PC versions, with the features included and presets that the series x supports. I mean the Backwards compability team had to be working at something since they stopped it last year.
I would think they got also options for developers to package the install files to exclude parts like multiplayer and localization files, as well as packaging core game files in the way that the user can start the game at 50% download ( FastStart ). If they go with 1 TB i would hope they got some kind of ai assist that checks for files that not get used and compress them in one way or another or delete them and same as flight sim load assets on the fly. ^^

With Lockhart... i don't see it happening at release. They have to split the messages, show games running on both systems and the additional overhead to communicate both systems. I could see them making this the S version in the next 2 years. They took the financial hits with Game sales on Gamepass, i would guess they also take a hit with the Series X price. This overhead with current xbox one + xbox one x + 2 new systems seems like a weird PR situation.
The smartdelivery tells me, they decided to kept the xbox x in the game for one year before lockhart comes. Or lockhart is indeed just the series x version for serverblades.

Ebtesam

Self-Requested Ban
Apr 1, 2018
Xbox absolutely dominating the next-gen conversation. And they didn't even begin talking about games. I'm pretty sure after E3 the complete hardware+games XSX offering will leave everyone in awe.
no they didn't .
they didn't get 5M likes or 100k+likes in twitter either

j/k

solis74

Jun 11, 2018
It really is an exciting time for Xbox at the moment. There's no doubt that they have completed the u-turn in the public perception.

They regularly get reported as being the most pro-consumer of the big three platforms https://www.escapistmagazine.com/v2/how-xbox-has-become-the-most-consumer-friendly-of-the-big-three/ and it's easy to see why.

Step by step they have addressed each of their weaknesses and the final one (1st party output) is really kicking in this year. 14-16 1st party studio games out this year alone.

I can see there being at least other 1 big AAA coming out for 2020 at XSX launch.Probably from Global Studios. So Halo Infinite and one banger AAA from Global.

they are doing great

pg2g

Dec 18, 2018
So I'm looking into getting a new TV to really take advantage of what the Xbox Series X games will have to offer visually. I have my eyes on picking up this one (possibly today) and was hoping to get some opinions? Really excited for the next generation and want to be prepped for when November arrives.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/lg-65-...rt-4k-uhd-tv-with-hdr/6338500.p?skuId=6338500

This thread might be of interest to you. Therr id also a lot of talk in the TV thread.

www.resetera.com

Is the LG C9 the best tv for gaming atm?

Have around 2k euros to spend, looking for a 55” tv that will do mostly everything from sports to movies but mostly games. Is there any screen better in the price range that I should be looking at instead?

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019

Phil truly turned things around immensely. Sure, he was already around when Xbox One happened and those weird mistakes were made but he wasn't in this position yet, he had people above him he had to answer to.

He promised better hardware, we got One X and then he said other things needed to be improved and then they added a huge amount of new studios and they aren't done yet. He then said they would never be out of position in terms of price and power anymore and now we're getting XSX, price we don't know yet.

He's making good on his promises for damn sure now. I told my friends yesterday that it's been a long ass time since the future for Xbox looked this good. So much goodness to look forward to.

Navidson REC

Oct 31, 2017
So I'm looking into getting a new TV to really take advantage of what the Xbox Series X games will have to offer visually. I have my eyes on picking up this one (possibly today) and was hoping to get some opinions? Really excited for the next generation and want to be prepped for when November arrives.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/lg-65-...rt-4k-uhd-tv-with-hdr/6338500.p?skuId=6338500
Yeah I'm close to buying a C9 as well and the consensus seems to be that it is one of the best TVs for next-gen out there, especially at that price. I'm waiting for another more significant price drop on the 55" and then I'll get it.

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
I think it's exactly the feature that matt booty was refering to in the interview last year, that twitter translated to "no exclusives". Xbox Games or third party games that want to use it have the diffrent version sitting in the cloud and depending on your xbox it downloads the install files for the game in regards to your hardware. In Theory and with the XSX power of current gaming Pc's, they could repackage games that already were released with PC versions, with the features included and presets that the series x supports. I mean the Backwards compability team had to be working at something since they stopped it last year.
I would think they got also options for developers to package the install files to exclude parts like multiplayer and localization files, as well as packaging core game files in the way that the user can start the game at 50% download ( FastStart ). If they go with 1 TB i would hope they got some kind of ai assist that checks for files that not get used and compress them in one way or another or delete them and same as flight sim load assets on the fly. ^^

With Lockhart... i don't see it happening at release. They have to split the messages, show games running on both systems and the additional overhead to communicate both systems. I could see them making this the S version in the next 2 years. They took the financial hits with Game sales on Gamepass, i would guess they also take a hit with the Series X price. This overhead with current xbox one + xbox one x + 2 new systems seems like a weird PR situation.
The smartdelivery tells me, they decided to kept the xbox x in the game for one year before lockhart comes. Or lockhart is indeed just the series x version for serverblades.

If there is a consumer Lockhart sku, developers will have to ensure compatibility with it from day one, even if it isnt released until later. This way, when the unit hits retail, all games previously released games will immediately as intended.

I bet lockhart IS the server blade solution, but this means that developers are already tuning games to work on this lesser hardware, which means that any consumer Lockhart that comes out later would already support the full library.

Grunty

Oct 28, 2017
Gruntilda’s Lair
This thread might be of interest to you. Therr id also a lot of talk in the TV thread.

www.resetera.com

Is the LG C9 the best tv for gaming atm?

Have around 2k euros to spend, looking for a 55” tv that will do mostly everything from sports to movies but mostly games. Is there any screen better in the price range that I should be looking at instead?

Yeah I'm close to buying a C9 as well and the consensus seems to be that it is one of the best TVs for next-gen out there, especially at that price. I'm waiting for another more significant price drop on the 55" and then I'll get it.

Thank you both for your responses. Looked through the recommended thread and it certainly sounds like this is the one to get. I may just pick it up today.

Navidson REC

Oct 31, 2017
Thank you both for your responses. Looked through the recommended thread and it certainly sounds like this is the one to get. I may just pick it up today.
I'm sure you won't regret it. There's some bells and whistles that the CX models will have but from what I can gather the differences are rather insignificant, especially given the expected price gulf.

OG_Thrills

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Xbox Series X is going to be a beast, that's a fact. Now imagine that XGS supports their new and old IP with sequels and that they have a lot third-party games (including Japanese third-party support). What games would you like to see on XSX?
ERl3PxNXkAAYc6i

(Unofficial image)

I get that this is an unofficial image since it's not from XBOX directly. But looking at it makes me feel completely out of the loop. There are games that are exclusive to other platforms and games which are not in development or simply do not exist?

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
The new dash is great, especially when it comes to speed. It really is snappy and fast. I had to Uninstall this one game and I went to manage games and apps and it was fast as hell. This wasn't this quick before.

I can only imagine this on XSX, that is gonna be lightning fast probably.

Nov 29, 2019
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Status
Not open for further replies.