• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
I manage in data and analytics and just started to get a taste of ML. Due to it, been researching ML and AI throughout all industries. It's potential impact in gaming is what's most exciting to me about next gen. It will empower devs more than 12 RDNA2 teraflops ever could. It would be exciting as hell if its built into the hardware but they haven't said that yet. Even if it's not, theres nothing stopping devs from using far more advanced tools. If they are allowed to scale up old code, things could get really interesting.
Wow! I can't wait to hear more about it. If it is built in the hardware .... oh my. I'll look forward to your conversation around it.

Jan 4, 2018
How do i access /start Heartland? I'm only in the early parts of the game and I'm not sure I'm gonna continue on with this because the whole base management thing just isn't my jam at all. I assume Heartland is with game pass?
Oh yes, Heartland is free for Game Pass users, I assumed, maybe wrongly, that you were playing through Game Pass.
If you do, Heartland is accessible from the main menu of SoD2

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
I'm impressed Yakuza 0 is out in Japan. I know that seems obvious, but Sega has numerous ports for Xbox One that never released in Japan.

So it seems like things are indeed getting series about pushing stuff in Japan as I saw JPN Xbox accounts really happy about the release (They exist lol)

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
I'm staying so far away from anything Ori 2 now. Who really would want to see the first minutes of that beautiful game? Hell naw, that's something to experience yourself.

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 25, 2018
At the next big Xbox reveal/console event they need to open with an orchestra playing the Halo theme. Then down the walkway through the center of the auditorium comes Master Chief holding the Xbox Series X. Once on stage he takes off the helmet and it's revealed to be The Rock. The crowd goes wild. Bill Gates then runs over from stage right and the crowd gets even more crazy. Together Bill and the Rock talk about the Xbox Series X and how it will change everything TM. Afterwards Phil comes out and gives a rundown.

Saci do PXB

Nov 12, 2017
At the next big Xbox reveal/console event they need to open with an orchestra playing the Halo theme. Then down the walkway through the center of the auditorium comes Master Chief holding the Xbox Series X. Once on stage he takes off the helmet and it's revealed to be The Rock. The crowd goes wild. Bill Gates then runs over from stage right and the crowd gets even more crazy. Together Bill and the Rock talk about the Xbox Series X and how it will change everything TM. Afterwards Phil comes out and gives a rundown.

Made me think about this:
4OhY8D.gif

johancruijff

Oct 25, 2017
Italy

Gates runs and jumps over The Rock holding the Series X

GW3si.gif

Icky Thump

Oct 30, 2017
Is it really all that much better? From what I've been reading it isn't all that different.

I've now had the C9 for about two or three weeks and I'm still amazed by it. I've never seen games looking this crisp before. I've had several different TVs from different brands but none came close to what I got here now, love it.

Oh I absolutely get that. But it all depends on price. I had nothing but problems with my Samsung Q9FN and returned it, and they told me I can choose another TV. So I said C9 because they meant I only had to pay 150 extra.

The CX would have been a different story in terms of price.
You should wait until 2021 and see if you can get a TV with Vsync or HDMI 2.1 or whatever.

solis74

Jun 11, 2018
from theorry

www.eurogamer.net

Ori and the Will of the Wisps is a triple-A 2D Metroidvania

Having played a good handful of hours with Ori and the Will of the Wisps, Moon Studio's follow-up to 2015's sumptuous M…

www.pcgamer.com

Ori and the Will of the Wisps' sublime platforming sets a new bar for metroidvanias

It's a lavish, beautiful sequel, but the movement stands out above all else.

www.techradar.com

Ori and the Will of the Wisps: 5 big changes that are coming to Ori 2

Moon Studios’ Metroidvania game is getting bigger and better in five distinct ways

www.denofgeek.com

Ori and the Will of the Wisps: Hands-on with the Stunning Platformer

Our initial thoughts on an impressive new game, Ori and the Will of the Wisps...

www.mercurynews.com

Preview: ‘Ori and the Will of the Wisps’ raises bar on combat and complexity

“Ori and the Will of the Wisps,” the sequel to “Ori and the Blind Forests,” changes up the formula be expanding the combat options while creating an adventure that’s t…

metro.co.uk

Ori And The Will Of The Wisps preview and interview – so good you could cry

The long-awaited sequel to Ori And The Blind Forest is finally almost finished and GameCentral has spoken to both the composer and producer.

stevivor.com

Ori and the Will of the Wisps Preview: Simply stunning

In 2015, Ori and the Blind Forest was critically praised for challenging platforming surrounded by a gorgeous art style and captivating soundtrack. After a succ

press-start.com.au

Ori And The Will Of The Wisps Hands-On Preview - Serious Improvements

Ori And The Will Of The Wisps Hands-On Preview - Serious Improvements

www.shacknews.com

Ori and the Will of the Wisps hands-on preview: I believe I can fly

Ori and the Will of the Wisps is hoping to improve upon its highly-acclaimed predecessor. We got a chance to go hands-on with the first few hours of the game to see just how high their hopes are flying.

www.vg247.com

Ori and the Will of the Wisps is more than just a gorgeous platformer - it has kick-ass combat too

News, reviews and opinions on the biggest video games.

Amazing!!

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
listened to Phil's interview with Ted Price yesterday and the bit where he talked about The Initiative sharing code with The Coalition and Ninja Theory was very interesting, is it safe to say they're using UE4? or is the jury still out on that?

knightmawk

Dec 12, 2018
Has anyone done a poll on whether people who subscribe to game pass still buy games or just buy DLC or don't buy anything anymore? I keep seeing both sides in threads, but I'd like to see a breakdown, just to get a real picture of how game pass changed things so far.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
listened to Phil's interview with Ted Price yesterday and the bit where he talked about The Initiative sharing code with The Coalition and Ninja Theory was very interesting, is it safe to say they're using UE4? or is the jury still out on that?
Must be. Not much to choose from really and dont see them making a own engine also already.

RedSparrows

Prophet of Regret
Feb 22, 2019
At the next big Xbox reveal/console event they need to open with an orchestra playing the Halo theme. Then down the walkway through the center of the auditorium comes Master Chief holding the Xbox Series X. Once on stage he takes off the helmet and it's revealed to be The Rock. The crowd goes wild. Bill Gates then runs over from stage right and the crowd gets even more crazy. Bill dropkicks the Rock and SHIT DOES DOWN

FTFY

Sotha_Sil

Nov 4, 2017
Has anyone done a poll on whether people who subscribe to game pass still buy games or just buy DLC or don't buy anything anymore? I keep seeing both sides in threads, but I'd like to see a breakdown, just to get a real picture of how game pass changed things so far.

I haven't bought anything since I started Game Pass...... but I will once IO Interactive, Arkane Studios, Id Software, From Soft, CDPR, BGS, Frictional, CroTeam, and Jonathan Blow release their next games.

Microsoft has a good set of studios now, but they're not good enough to make me stop supporting all those other wonderful developers.

LevCortez

Jan 12, 2020
It's creepy that from the first sentence i had the guy directly remembered from e3 video with the beard. Really like the approach xbox takes with not just putting a blog post out, but build on that information.
I really hop spatial audio is fully implemented in Infinite, what i would guess seeing all the clips from the audio team on instagram.

Also can't wait goofing around with friends above the clouds. (:

Firenoh

Mar 7, 2019
I haven't bought anything since I started Game Pass...... but I will once IO Interactive, Arkane Studios, Id Software, From Soft, CDPR, BGS, Frictional, CroTeam, and Jonathan Blow release their next games.

Microsoft has a good set of studios now, but they're not good enough to make me stop supporting all those other wonderful developers.
Has Blow said anything about his new game yet? It's been 4 years since The Witness released.

Scently

Oct 27, 2017
I much rather see unenhanced Xbox 360 BC and Xbox One games with increased resolution. So Ninja Gaiden 3 Razor's Edge in 4k.
Yeah. I can see them apply a 4x res increase on non-enhanced X1 games. It would be quite easier than the work they have done so far getting 360 games to run on X1. In this case, the underlying architecture is more or less the same and the power increase would make it a lot more straight forward. You are talking about a minimum of 8x increase in GPU and 4x in CPU. It should be more than doable and that's the easy part. I would also expect increased texture filtering.

I wonder what else they have in mind in addition to the above? maybe unlock framerate? Increased texture resolution? Exciting times ahead.

Voodoopeople

Oct 29, 2017
Had a great chat with a colleague today. Both of us were really impressed with recent MS and are excited about XSX. We agreed Sony is really trailing in terms of PR at the moment. It's nice to be able to speak so positively about Xbox again.

Sotha_Sil

Nov 4, 2017
Has Blow said anything about his new game yet? It's been 4 years since The Witness released.

He's shown small vertical slices of it over the last few years. Very early stuff, so it's all to be taken with a grain of salt as the Witness changed dramatically over it's long development time. The puzzles were based around moving blocks around. Not exactly the most exciting concept, but I'd never have thought a game largely focused around line puzzles would be my favorite game since Morrowind, either. I'd go further but I don't want us to get any more off-topic than this. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.