• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Preferably a new one but I'll take what I can get. If they were to go the remake route, however, I'd like for them to revisit the idea Rare were playing around with originally of a Banjo remake that slowly becomes self aware that it's a remake.
Ok, that sounds intriguing. That's a remake I'd love to see.

Ebtesam

Self-Requested Ban
Apr 1, 2018

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
maybe but i still think next Alan wake might be PS5/PC....
I doubt Sony would want to invest in that survival horror IP they don't own especially as it seems they're already doing it for a much bigger and successful survival horror brand name that historically has an association with the PlayStation brand. I think it's more likely if Sony and Remedy partnered up it would be for a new IP Sony would own.

rrc1594

Oct 25, 2017
It's going to be interesting what 2nd-party developers MS could be working with. That's where the real surprise will come.

Ebtesam

Self-Requested Ban
Apr 1, 2018
I doubt Sony would want to invest in that survival horror IP they don't own especially as it seems they're already doing it for a much bigger and successful survival horror brand name that historically has an association with the PlayStation brand. I think it's more likely if Sony and Remedy partnered up it would be for a new IP Sony would own.
yeah i think new IP is more possible than AW

That game is not gonna happen.
no that they own Both IP and Publishing rights it might happen

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Maybe, but for Remedy to make it happen they need someone to invest and i dont think the IP has a lot of followes to make the investment worth it.
They might have to self invest into it themselves, or find a publisher to co fund it with them like 505 Games did with Control.
If it happens i will be happy, i like the first one, but i dont have a lot of faith to be honest.
It's going to happen. I say it because the studio is public and still very passionate about continuing this IP they own and now own the publishing rights to the first game. The fact they're coming off a hugely critically acclaimed game helps and it seemed to enjoy modest success commercially.

Voodoopeople

Oct 29, 2017
It's going to be interesting what 2nd-party developers MS could be working with. That's where the real surprise will come.

Ignoring semantics for a sec, I know what you mean. Global Publishing deals from 3rd parties.

I totally agree.

Halo Infinite , Forza, even Hellblade are known qualities at this point.

To a lesser extent I'd say Fable is also going to stick to a known formula. maybe even Perfect Dark.

But 3rd party devs through Global Publishing offer a chance to really go nuts in terms of new IP.

I'd be disappointed if we didn't get at least 2 big, NEW Global Publishing games during the launch window.

Jan 20, 2019
They might have to self invest into it themselves, or find a publisher to co fund it with them like 505 Games did with Control.

It's going to happen. I say it because the studio is public and still very passionate about continuing this IP they own and now own the publishing rights to the first game. The fact they're coming off a hugely critically acclaimed game helps and it seemed to enjoy modest success commercially.

it will happen just like Control

Just give me a little hope, lets see what they will do next. I still have to play Control.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just give me a little hope, lets see what they will do next. I still have to play Control.
Remedy could fund a remaster on modern platforms. Then make a deal with MS to help cofund, polish, and market it's sequel but the game remains multiplatform and will release on Xbox, PS, and PC the same day. What MS gets is the game also lauches on Game Pass on PC and console on the day it releases. A Dream scenario.

Jan 20, 2019
Remedy could fund a remaster on modern platforms. Then make a deal with MS to help cofund, polish, and market it's sequel but the game remains multiplatform and will release on Xbox, PS, and PC the same day. What MS gets is the game also lauches on Game Pass on PC and console on the day it releases. A Dream scenario.

Nah, i dont think Microsoft is interesting in doing that.

They have so many games and studios to focus on right now.

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
it will happen just like Control
hmmmm

Face_With_Rolling_Eyes_Emoji_1024x1024.png

speedomodel

Oct 27, 2017
I think Game Pass offers a new approach for Remedy. Since their games don't seem to be huge sellers, but they carry name recognition and GOTY clout. Having their games launch on the service has worth to MS, so it changes the need to see X amount of copies. Wonder if they could work something out with that new prospect.

Ebtesam

Self-Requested Ban
Apr 1, 2018
XGS Games is doing so well on Steam

both Ori and SOD2 in Top selling games and before was Halo

Scottoest

Feb 4, 2020
I think Game Pass offers a new approach for Remedy. Since their games don't seem to be huge sellers, but they carry name recognition and GOTY clout. Having their games launch on the service has worth to MS, so it changes the need to see X amount of copies. Wonder if they could work something out with that new prospect.

I don't think the Game Pass model on release would work for a triple-A budgeted, third party game like Control or Alan Wake. It's different when it's first-party, and there's no one taking a cut because Microsoft also owns the service.

Microsoft would have to give them a lucrative, up-front money deal I'd think. And at that point, it makes no economic sense for Microsoft.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Also they could try the episodic approach like Tell Me Why with new episodes launching every several weeks over a period of 6+ months. It will keep the Game Pass.subscriber base engaged.
That comment didn't say that they can't multitask, still can't do everything. There's not a good chance that Alan Wake is on the priority list at all.
I never suggested Alan Wake would be a priority for MS either.

speedomodel

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think the Game Pass model on release would work for a triple-A budgeted, third party game like Control or Alan Wake. It's different when it's first-party, and there's no one taking a cut because Microsoft also owns the service.

Microsoft would have to give them a lucrative, up-front money deal I'd think. And at that point, it makes no economic sense for Microsoft.
I guess I was more thinking for MS to buy them. But yeah, there may not be much in it from a third party AAA perspective. Although, Outer Worlds seemed to have luck and that was technically a 3rd party at the time.
Also they could try the episodic approach like Tell Me Why with new episodes launching every several weeks over a period of 6+ months. It will keep the Game Pass.subscriber base engaged.

I never suggested Alan Wake would be a priority for MS either.
Exactly. They did that smaller Alan Wake game that was great, so I could see them experimenting with that format as well.

Skedaddle

May 3, 2019
Europe
A new PGR would be fantastic too.
I dream of Microsoft creating a studio in Liverpool, England to revive Project Gotham Racing. Seems fitting considering this is where Bizarre Creations created those games before being acquired and then closed down by Activision. So much talent in that part of the world for racing games when you also consider Sony used to have Psygnosis and Evolution Studios. The OG Xbox game Quantum Redshift was also developed there by Curly Monsters.

Although for all the talent residing there, it does appear to be unlucky with the amount of studios closed down :(

Aug 26, 2018
I dream of Microsoft creating a studio in Liverpool, England to revive Project Gotham Racing. Seems fitting considering this is where Bizarre Creations created those games before being acquired and then closed down by Activision. So much talent in that part of the world for racing games when you also consider Sony used to have Psygnosis and Evolution Studios. The OG Xbox game Quantum Redshift was also developed there by Curly Monsters.

Although for all the talent residing there, it does appear to be unlucky with the amount of studios closed down :(

I think a racing renaissance is upon us.

Forza Horizon 3/4, GT Sport, Mario Kart 8/Crash Team Racing and now NFS Heat have really been brilliant in elevating racing games again on consoles like the good old days and they also sold really well. The upcoming FM8 may really be a big turning point.

Won't be surprised to see a big focus on racing next gen from all publishers and we may actually see PGR again, maybe a 2nd team at Turn 10 Studio.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ori 2 and surprisingly SoD2: Juggernaut Edition at #2 and #3 best sellers on Steam at the moment.

Happy for SoD2, really good game.
Man, I'm still playing Yakuza 0, and will play Ori 2 next and then SoD2: Juggernaut Edition. There's too many games and Game Pass gives me too much access to them. LOL Talk about a great problem to have.

Skedaddle

May 3, 2019
Europe
I think a racing renaissance is upon us.

Forza Horizon 3/4, GT Sport, Mario Kart 8/Crash Team Racing and now NFS Heat have really been brilliant in elevating racing games again on consoles like the good old days and they also sold really well. The upcoming FM8 may really be a big turning point.

Won't be surprised to see a big focus on racing next gen from all publishers and we may actually see PGR again, maybe a 2nd team at Turn 10 Studio.
Completely forgot to mention games by Bizarre Creations never got made backwards compatible, the likes of Blur and Project Gotham Racing. Not sure what that is all about as they must surely be up there as the most requested.

Aug 26, 2018
Man, I'm still playing Yakuza 0, and will play Ori 2 next and then SoD2: Juggernaut Edition. There's too many games and Game Pass gives me too much access to them. LOL Talk about a great problem to have.

Ori 2 is kicking my ass to be honest and I don't mind it. Some of the Boss fights have been brutal even on normal difficulty. Guess I'm not much of a Platformer type of gamer.

Jumping on to SoD2 today, really curious to see how they improved the Graphics though.

Garcia el Gringo

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
I'd appreciate it if Microsoft lowkey held a deep discount sale on Kinect games in reference to the pandemic. Ring Fit is gonna get me a long way on exercising at home, but I'd love some variety with my OG Xbox One's Kinect that I only ever used for D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die and a Xbox Fitness trial back in 2014.

Skedaddle

May 3, 2019
Europe
I'd appreciate it if Microsoft lowkey held a deep discount sale on Kinect games in reference to the pandemic. Ring Fit is gonna get me a long way on exercising at home, but I'd love some variety with my OG Xbox One's Kinect that I only ever used for D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die and a Xbox Fitness trial back in 2014.
Not on sale at the moment but make sure to add the Kinect game FRU to your wishlist. Destructoid gave it a 9.5 and IGN an 8.5 with it widely considered the best game for the Kinect.

apps.48767.66778252117980741.1469d3bd-154f-4212-87c0-70c69a8637fc.5ae604ab-af3b-418a-a723-d7de4e0d67fc

Laver

Banned
Mar 30, 2018
OK, so Gears Tactics is out in a month and a half and we've seen next to nothing of the game. I wonder if that's the future of marketing for XGS games, where Microsoft shadow drops a game on Game Pass and hopes the community creates enough word of mouth for the game to pick up steam.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
OK, so Gears Tactics is out in a month and a half and we've seen next to nothing of the game. I wonder if that's the future of marketing for XGS games, where Microsoft shadow drops a game on Game Pass and hopes the community creates enough word of mouth for the game to pick up steam.
Thats quite a leap from now showing a month and a half before release and shadow dropping.

Windu

Oct 25, 2017
Ori 2 and surprisingly SoD2: Juggernaut Edition at #2 and #3 best sellers on Steam at the moment.

Happy for SoD2, really good game.
Probably half of those sod2 sales will be refunded. Looks like its requiring a xbox live sign in on boot of the game. And that xbox live login app is awful. I have had numerous issues with it on pc. Not reliable at all. Not to mention I think the Xbox live apis and login app are only on windows 10 so I suspect a lot of people will be using windows 7 and not getting a prompt to enter credentials and having the game say login to xbox live. Sounds like their support teams are going to have a fun time. In the meantime, the game is getting a lot of negative reviews, which is understandable.

Garcia el Gringo

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
Not on sale at the moment but make sure to add the Kinect game FRU to your wishlist. Destructoid gave it a 9.5 and IGN an 8.5 with it widely considered the best game for the Kinect.

apps.48767.66778252117980741.1469d3bd-154f-4212-87c0-70c69a8637fc.5ae604ab-af3b-418a-a723-d7de4e0d67fc
Yes! I've passed up on Fru too many times despite having interest in it. I won't make that mistake again on its next hypothetical sale.

Being a broken record; having some software that motivates me to move indoors right now is great. Goodwill to the companies make that kinda software as accessible as possible to play right now without capitalizing on it in any exploitive way. Kinect seemingly has some that can use some exposure again. I feel so fortunate to have Ring Fit already when I look at resellers right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.