• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GING-SAMA

Banned
Jul 10, 2019
The coalition is located in Vancouver, there is a lot of talent.

they can open a second team and he recruits a veteran of Eidos who has worked on deus Ex to work on a Perfect dark Third person.

Dyashen

Dec 20, 2017
Belgium

The article is in French but I don't see a direct quote from Phil where he's saying that 343 and TC could work on other licenses.
The author of the article is just kind of saying that "in theory" Phil is saying that with the creative freedom they're offering, TC and 343 could do a different IP.

Unless I'm missing something from the article but there's only one paragraph where the author is bringing up those two studios.

Aug 26, 2019
If 343 plans on supporting Infinite the entire gen then I don't see why they couldn't get a smaller team to maintain it and have another game in production at the same time. Like what Rare is doing

mecaguendeu

Oct 16, 2019
The article is in French but I don't see a direct quote from Phil where he's saying that 343 and TC could work on other licenses.
The author of the article is just kind of saying that "in theory" Phil is saying that with the creative freedom they're offering, TC and 343 could do a different IP.

Unless I'm missing something from the article but there's only one paragraph where the author is bringing up those two studios.

This is the part:

Cette liberté exprimée par Spencer explique dans une certaine mesure pourquoi des projets tels que Bleeding Edge et Grounded ne sont pas annulés, puisqu'il s'agit de productions qui ont été toutes les deux commencées avant le rachat des studios par Microsoft, confectionnées par de petites équipes. Microsoft n'exigerait donc pas de ses développeurs de travailler sur des projets "commandés". Sur le papier, même 343 Industries et The Coalition pourraient hypothétiquement se lancer sur d'autres licences.

He just leave the possibility open while I think that person in Twitter implies that is a fact.​

Last edited:

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, just leaving the possibility open is fairly intriguing. I always figured that 343 and TC were locked in, from the name down, on their respective franchises. Any movement on that would be intriguing, to say the least.

I figure they'll probably have sub- or spinoff- studios if they do that, though.

Sid

Banned
Mar 28, 2018
I honestly think that TC and 343 are stuck doing Halo and Gears forever, a new IP would be great though especially if it's story driven

Aug 26, 2019
This is a vastly different MS that is very open to change. Compare where Rare was only 6 years ago and where they are now. Just released a new IP and announced another on the way. If 343 and TC were locked in before, I don't think they are now.

DRPSquirtle64

May 30, 2019
Microsoft has their own VR stuff. No need to partner. Anyway, all VR stuff is becoming interchangeable. They will soon just be like Monitors. https://www.khronos.org/openxr/

I am sure Microsoft will support their own WMR stuff and maybe more on Scarlett. Flight Sim and Forza will probably be the first major titles from Microsoft with VR support. 2021 or later on Scarlett my guess
WMR isn't supported by the devs though. I thought about getting Samsung odyssey+ but then I looked at games that support WMR and it's only around 25% of all steam games that do support these headsets. So, it's a tough sell even at 400-500$

solis74

Jun 11, 2018
Y'all thinking that Klobrille is Phil Spencer, noobs ¡@Solis is the real Phil Spencer!
Want proof? solis74 has 7 letters, Spencer has 7 letters.
74 may look like a simple and innocent number amirite... WRONG
Look at this ancient cellphone and its keyboard

inchu-en-nokia-1100--u42312-1.jpg

P is located in the 7
H, I are located in the 4, 5 is next to 4 and contains the L... what do we have?
P H I L

Damn it!! i'm busted
:)

Firenoh

Mar 7, 2019
This is a vastly different MS that is very open to change. Compare where Rare was only 6 years ago and where they are now. Just released a new IP and announced another on the way. If 343 and TC were locked in before, I don't think they are now.
Rare was still making new IP 6 years ago, even when they were shuffled into Kinect support. 343i was built from the ground up solely for Halo.

Jerm411

Oct 27, 2017
Clinton, MO
Great to be in the new OT....2019 was awesome and 2020 has all the makings of a truly spectacular year, so excited.

Hoping Scarlett hits and is a BEAST...I think it will be.

Oct 25, 2017
Great to see Age 2 remaster doing so great. Great user reviews on Steam with 85% and arround 9k votes. Solid playerbase also with a average of 15k daily and on Twitch its doing great also. I see even Lirik streaming it and its hitting 80k peak viewers. And this is only Steam. Add some Gamepass players also.

Yeah, and the remaster is so good, too. I knew it would do well on Steam but it's constantly on the global top sellers, behind MCC/Jedi Fallen Order. The online is pretty active.

I'm happy MS is learning how to manage their franchises in better ways.

In Amber Clad

rather sultry
Aug 26, 2018
London
Hmmm, I've owned both a Rift and a Quest, and hands down, wireless VR is transformative. At least you get the best of both worlds. Plus it's a riot at parties.

Cheers, appreciate the thoughts. I've been looking into Oculus Link since it was announced and people do seem really impressed with it, but with the caveat that it's not quite as good as the Rift S for native PCVR. I do appreciate that the wireless element is not a small thing though - I just question how much I'd use it. As it is, I rarely use my PSVR any more because some of the stuff just isn't worth doing on a base PS4, like No Man's Sky. Although I suppose that did give me a good answer to the question: "I wonder what an N64 game would be like in VR." I feel like I might have a similar reaction to an HMD using a mobile chipset, and just opt to use it tethered 99% of the time.

The comfort thing is important to me, though. The S uses the same headband style as the PSVR, and I already know I find that comfortable. But really, it's probably going to come down to which goes on sale - I've been anticipating a little bit off of a Rift S for BF. We'll see.

Sikamikanico

Oct 25, 2017
Cheers, appreciate the thoughts. I've been looking into Oculus Link since it was announced and people do seem really impressed with it, but with the caveat that it's not quite as good as the Rift S for native PCVR. I do appreciate that the wireless element is not a small thing though - I just question how much I'd use it. As it is, I rarely use my PSVR any more because some of the stuff just isn't worth doing on a base PS4, like No Man's Sky. Although I suppose that did give me a good answer to the question: "I wonder what an N64 game would be like in VR." I feel like I might have a similar reaction to an HMD using a mobile chipset, and just opt to use it tethered 99% of the time.

The comfort thing is important to me, though. The S uses the same headband style as the PSVR, and I already know I find that comfortable. But really, it's probably going to come down to which goes on sale - I've been anticipating a little bit off of a Rift S for BF. We'll see.

That's solid reasoning there! Fingers crossed you get some pennies off for Black Friday!

Dyashen

Dec 20, 2017
Belgium
Hasn't it been said over and over that management at rare chose to do Kinect stuff?

Sort of. http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-12-16-rare-kinect-rise-and-fall

Ideas for brand new games were thrown around internally, but Rare's management and Microsoft elected to double-down on the emerging Kinect Sports series instead. "I think because we'd not made a massive hit for Microsoft like we had before they bought us, people at Rare and Microsoft saw this as a chance for Rare to do something big and own an audience, a key part of Microsoft's business. But the result was we couldn't work on the kinds of game we'd traditionally worked on, because there was such pressure to deliver a fantastic Kinect game, to inspire other developers.

I'm glad SoT was a commercial success and I'm sure they'll support it for many years to come. Hopefully Everwild is a success story as well for Rare.

Also damn it's funny seeing Kudo Tsunoda in that article. Anyone who knows what he's up to these days?

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
So Ori and a second game at TGA on December 12th. What are people thinking? Gears Tactics? Halo Infinite? Fuzion Frenzy: Super?

Dyashen

Dec 20, 2017
Belgium
Not even a strategy fan but I'm so excited to see more of Gears Tactics. The "customizable squad" bit sounds pretty intriguing and feels right for a Gears strategy game but the fact that it's set before the events of Gears 1 is even more exciting :)

I must have missed that. Was that said by Geoff or Aaron?

Was announced via the TGA twitter account:

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
Not even a strategy fan but I'm so excited to see more of Gears Tactics. The "customizable squad" bit sounds pretty intriguing and feels right for a Gears strategy game but the fact that it's set before the events of Gears 1 is even more exciting :)

Was announced via the TGA twitter account:

Gracias! Welp I'll be in Seattle at a work event during the TGA so I won't be able to watch them live but hopefully they have something else as well.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
Gracias! Welp I'll be in Seattle at a work event during the TGA so I won't be able to watch them live but hopefully they have something else as well.

Microsoft's Game Awards presence is already much stronger than last year's with what they have confirmed will be there. Not sure if we can expect anything else. I really want to see Halo Infinite but they may save it for the Scarlett reveal or E3 so they can show off the Scarlett version.
I would bet on a new reveal by Xbox Game Studios at TGA even :)
Ooooh, you thinking another second-party game or something first-party?

Jerm411

Oct 27, 2017
Clinton, MO
Booty did say they were not done talking new games and we'd hear something before the year ended...it all lines up.

Excited to see what it is.

Stalwart

Banned
Feb 4, 2018
What is Microsoft's strategy in terms of owning studios like Mojang and Double Fine? Aren't they still letting those games be on PlayStation?

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
What is Microsoft's strategy in terms of owning studios like Mojang and Double Fine? Aren't they still letting those games be on PlayStation?
Minecraft stuff will always be multiplat, I guess. I think Double Fine will shift to developing Xbox exclusives after they ship Psychonauts 2, which is a previous multiplatform commitment.

Status
Not open for further replies.