• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sikamikanico

Oct 25, 2017
We're recording the XboxEra Podcast tomorrow, if anyone has any topics they want discussed beyond the obvious, post and let us know!

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017
For me Scarlett's development is very similar to 360's, as in ATI has no GPU coming close to what's in the final console until second of half of 2005.

Vega 7 / OCed Navi 10 is a tier under in terms of perf let alone feature set, RT + VRS.
Personally I'm more hyped for whatever bespoke implementations they have on the hardware level like ray tracing.

Remember the hovis method they spoke of to fine tune Scorpio engine units? I wonder how that would translate across to the new console hardware.
We're recording the XboxEra Podcast tomorrow, if anyone has any topics they want discussed beyond the obvious, post and let us know!
Maybe worth a mention on the lack of VR in Xbox's strategy? Personally I think it's the right call, the market is no where near mature enough.

Oct 27, 2017
It's time for Ninja Theory to make a franchise.

Each time they had the bad luck of not doing a sequel to their games.

According to the words of matt Booty their next game would be Open World I hope they can finally make a franchise.

Ninja Theory strikes me as the kind of studio that likes to work on an idea, then move on to something else. Not saying that they'd never do sequels but I don't get the vibe they want to make franchises.

Get Yukio Futatsugi and a translator on to talk about Phantom Dust and the prospect of joining XGS.

You act like Sikamikanico has Yukio on speed dial lol.

Or does he 🤔

Aug 26, 2019
For me Scarlett's development is very similar to 360's, as in ATI has no GPU coming close to what's in the final console until second of half of 2005.

Vega 7 / OCed Navi 10 is a tier under in terms of perf let alone feature set, RT + VRS.
Well at the very least that should mean that devs are developing for specs that are lower than what they'll actually be, so less downgrades hopefully.

Kasey

Nov 1, 2017
Boise
Ninja Theory strikes me as the kind of studio that likes to work on an idea, then move on to something else. Not saying that they'd never do sequels but I don't get the vibe they want to make franchises.

You act like Sikamikanico has Yukio on speed dial lol.

Or does he 🤔
If Futatsugi is busy, maybe get Ralph Fulton on to talk the Fable reboot and Forza Horizon Japan.

Or maybe the head of the HW team for Scarlett specs.

Dyashen

Dec 20, 2017
Belgium
So for TGA, do we know for certain that there will more than Tactics and Ori 2?
I thought someone either in here or an insider said that there'd be three games from XGS and most of us speculated Halo Infinite. Psychonauts, Wasteland 3 and Bleeding Edge could be other possibilities.

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
Kind of sad that klob doesn't hype it up anymore with some of his detective work. Some
Coool things were found and led some interesting discussions about potentials.

Klobrille

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Oof...that's gonna be a tough one to dig up.

Klobrille , I'm not putting words in your mouth am I?
No, that's fine. Just a logical conclusion of the stuff that was said in X019 interviews.

Kind of sad that klob doesn't hype it up anymore with some of his detective work. Some
Coool things were found and led some interesting discussions about potentials.
Maybe some day again. Always means a shit ton of work for me and I don't feel like the Xbox community is in "need" for that right now - I think Xbox is currently doing good work on their own.

Last edited:

Funky_Monkey

Oct 31, 2017
Hi Everyone.

Just used Black Friday to pickup XBox One X for my son for Christmas (unfortunately Santa still gets the credit). I'm planning on getting a subscription to Gamepass prior to my son opening the console

Since this will be the first Microsoft console that I've ever owned, if you were starting out new, what order would you go about tacking Microsoft's 1st party games. I'm pretty open to any type of game.

statham

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FloRida
Hi Everyone.

Just used Black Friday to pickup XBox One X for my son for Christmas (unfortunately Santa still gets the credit). I'm planning on getting a subscription to Gamepass prior to my son opening the console

Since this will be the first Microsoft console that I've ever owned, if you were starting out new, what order would you go about tacking Microsoft's 1st party games. I'm pretty open to any type of game.
MCC first.

RedSparrows

Prophet of Regret
Feb 22, 2019
Hi Everyone.

Halo, cos it's the bestest.

But seriously: Halo if you like shooting, Gears if you like shooting whilst watching your character, Forza Horizon if you just wanna muck about, and ReCore because it's secretly amazing*

*may not be entirely true BUT I'LL FIGHT ALL OF YOU

Funky_Monkey

Oct 31, 2017

statham

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FloRida
They are all co-op, play with your son and be prepared to buy him a Master Chief outfit for Halloween next year. Every game is great.

Halo 5, dont play it before MCC. MCC is all games before Halo 5.

Sydle

Oct 27, 2017
Hi Everyone.

MCC has Halo 1-4. Start with the original Halo and Gears of War Ultimate Edition. Might as well get Forza Horizon 4 while you're at it. All of these are on Game Pass.

When browsing Game Pass you can mark things to play later. Look for Sunset Overdrive, Quantum Break, Halo 5, Halo Wars, Rare Replay, Ori and The Blind Forest, and Sea of Thieves. Some others to look into include Fable 1-3 (2 is the best), ReCore, Panzer Dragoon Orta, RYSE, State of Decay 2, and Killer Instinct.

Funky_Monkey

Oct 31, 2017
MCC has Halo 1-4. Start with the original Halo and Gears of War Ultimate Edition. Might as well get Forza Horizon 4 while you're at it. All of these are on Game Pass.

When browsing Game Pass you can mark things to play later. Look for Sunset Overdrive, Quantum Break, Halo 5, Halo Wars, Rare Replay, Ori and The Blind Forest, and Sea of Thieves. Some others to look into include Fable 1-3 (2 is the best), ReCore, Panzer Dragoon Orta, RYSE, State of Decay 2, and Killer Instinct.
Thanks for the suggestions. Thinking Halo MCC will be first up for me.

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hi Everyone.

Minecraft is the ole standby - can't go wrong with installing that pretty near immediately.

Master Chief Collection is essential

Then whatever the latest Forza Horizon is, followed by Killer Instinct and Sunset Overdrive

For my personal tastes Hellblade is like the marquee game for Gamepass

These to me feel like a beefy rounded out lineup of first things to try out.

Funky_Monkey

Oct 31, 2017
Minecraft is the ole standby - can't go wrong with installing that pretty near immediately.

Master Chief Collection is essential

Then whatever the latest Forza Horizon is, followed by Killer Instinct and Sunset Overdrive

For my personal tastes Hellblade is like the marquee game for Gamepass

These to me feel like a beefy rounded out lineup of first things to try out.

Cheers mate. Appreciate it.

NippleViking

May 2, 2018
Maybe some day again. Always means a shit ton of work for me and I don't feel like the Xbox community is in "need" for that right now - I think Xbox is currently doing good work on their own.
You've done a great job, and I'm sure it's not an easy role playing detective and then delivering that to a harsh crowd.

Additionally, unlike in the past where there was doubt around Xbox's output and new projects, we now know there's an enormous amount in the pipeline. I feel like declaring that 'games are coming' like you used to isn't even needed now.

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
No, that's fine. Just a logical conclusion of the stuff that was said in X019 interviews.

well I appreciated the hard work as it was a fun time waiting for the next clue! Even if it was just a fun guess on what's next for Xbox.

Hudsoniscool

Banned
Jun 5, 2018
Hey so Tom warren has stated he believes that Lockhart is back on the table. That it doesn't have a disc drive to go alongside with the weaker specs and if released it wouldn't come out with andaconda a thing launch but sometime after. All in the next gen thread.

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
Hey so Tom warren has stated he believes that Lockhart is back on the table. That it doesn't have a disc drive to go alongside with the weaker specs and if released it wouldn't come out with andaconda a thing launch but sometime after. All in the next gen thread.

i didnt see the last bit you mention... can you link to that tid bit?

darthpaxton

Jun 20, 2018
It does seem goofy that Microsoft would say they expect to reveal a game at every event going forward then not follow through at literally the next event after they said it.

I am way more confident Xbox has a ton to show after what we saw at X019. If the Scarlett launch wasn't looking fantastic, they could have easily held Tell Me Why for the Scarlett launch and had the whole game available on day one (or even made it episodic with the first episode launching with Scarlett and subsequent episodes launching in Late 2020/Early 2021). I would imagine that Tell Me Why is more indicative of the types of XGSGP projects we're going to see going forward and that's an incredibly exciting proposition as we march towards Scarlett's release.

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
The weirdest part is that people are saying Scarlett will have a small launch when this is the Moment of time where they have had the most support on 1p titles ever .... doesn't make sense lol

Aug 26, 2019
Halo Infinite + Gears 5 patch is enough for me to bite on Scarlett at launch. Anything else is just gravy. I do hope to see more Everwild at X020 though.

I also hope MS demos Scarlett on the road. I got to play Xbox One for the first time on the back of a van. The TV was attached to the back, and I was just standing there playing Dead Rising 3. It was awesome. I wish I brought a lawn chair.

Last edited:

Deleted member 45460

User requested account closure
Banned
Jun 27, 2018
Halo Infinite + Gears 5 patch is enough for me to bite on Scarlett at launch. Anything else is just gravy. I do hope to see more Everwild at X020 though.

I also hope MS demos Scarlett on the road. I got to play Xbox One for the first time on the back of a van. The TV was attached to the back, and I was just standing there playing Dead Rising 3. It was awesome. I wish I brought a lawn chair.
I'm very interested to see Watch Dog Legion's graphical prowess with the extra development time it's being given for the new hardware. Going to be some absolutely gorgeous games at launch for sure.

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
Absolutely dying for Halo infinite.

Geniuenely curious about how Motorsport Forza Motorsport next will be. After moving on from the franchise a while back, I'd love for them to win me back.

Deleted member 45460

User requested account closure
Banned
Jun 27, 2018
If I'm being honest, I did not care for what I saw of Legion. AC: Vikings though? Can't wait to see what that looks like on next-gen.
I'm so interested in WD, not only because I loved 2, but because it could easily surpass the original watch dogs tech demos that were out there. Hopefully Cyberpunk gets launch patches for the new systems as well, add in ray-tracing on BFV and I'll be in heaven.

UraMallas

Nov 1, 2017
United States
People in the various threads stemming from the PS5 devkit pics have said Panos is leading the design team that will be responsible for Scarlett design and architecture bit I'm pretty certain we have confirmation somewhere that Panos and his team are NOT working on the Scarlett? Correct?

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
People in the various threads stemming from the PS5 devkit pics have said Panos is leading the design team that will be responsible for Scarlett design and architecture bit I'm pretty certain we have confirmation somewhere that Panos and his team are NOT working on the Scarlett? Correct?

All hardware design/manufacturing is under Panos but not all projects are led by him. Xbox is one of those things that while he oversees it, he isn't making the calls on what it should be.

Ebtesam

Self-Requested Ban
Apr 1, 2018
they are Woking on it Spencer Confirmed it

Alive2007

Aug 21, 2019
I originally thought going with the All-Digital Scarlett (if available day 1) was a no brainer for me but I like being able to buy the physical version of games that end up delisted. I picked up Transformers: Devastation by Platinum Games for $20 after I found out it was gone and the steam key was being sold for $80 lol

I'm hoping that someday we will be able to play all OG/360 Xbox games even if they aren't available on the store, there is a few 360 games already in this position like Peter Jackson's King Kong, Forza Horizon 1 etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.