• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 18951

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It wouldn't be the start of the week without some new PG hires :)

Millie RPG Team - ex freelance and EA,
Hunter RPG Team - ex Starbreeze and Gearbox,
Alejandro FH Team - ex EA

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
It wouldn't be the start of the week without some new PG hires :)

Time for some Parkes art

milly-pigeonpond-milly.jpg

For sure some specific style

solis74

Jun 11, 2018
I finally had a chance to unbox my first gaming PC since Half Life 2 launched on PC many years back. First thing I did once I got past the setup is download the Xbox beta app and a bunch of Game Pass games. The gaming PC does not diminish the console value. The added emphasis of Game Pass just solidifies why Xbox has to be the primary console platform going forward. Crossplay/crossbuy games are all better to buy on Xbox. Now I'll be interested to see if Microsoft can get more multiplats in their PC store.

agree

Chitown B

Nov 15, 2017
I really hope Fable just completely reboots. I loved Fable 2 but it was self contained, and F3 story sucked. I just want the feel and themes of Fable in a brand new series.

Dyashen

Dec 20, 2017
Belgium
On the subject of Crackdown...

I'd be totally into a fourth game. Ditching the MP mode in favour of making the campaign and coop implementation as good as possible.
And honestly, I'd totally see Avalanche pitching a project to MS. Some of their projects have been really hit or miss though but with the right direction, I could see a really good game out of em :D

Betelgeuse

Nov 2, 2017

Ascenion

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Mecklenburg-Strelitz

I'd be totally into a fourth game. Ditching the MP mode in favour of making the campaign and coop implementation as good as possible.
And honestly, I'd totally see Avalanche pitching a project to MS. Some of their projects have been really hit or miss though but with the right direction, I could see a really good game out of em :D

They just need to take risks. The core gameplay loop is solid as proven with Crackdown 3. Maybe add in the nemesis system from Mordor since it works really well in context and make the city feel more dynamic and alive.

Oct 25, 2017
Even though it had a ton of issues, i genuinely enjoyed Crackdown 3. :P Way more focused than a lot of open world these days that have a lot of fluff and filler mechanics.

Aug 26, 2019

Avalanche? Crackdown? Holy crackdown that's a match made in heaven

I've wanted to see Rare do it since they were supposed to be the devs for Crackdown 2 but Avalanche is a much much better fit

Dyashen

Dec 20, 2017
Belgium
Me too, but I think the IP is probably poison at this point. CD3 bombed, and I mean bombed.

There's nothing else like it on the market though or at least IMO there's no other game currently on the market that does power progression as well as CD3 is doing. That's of course just my opinion :D

I'm at least happy that they gave substantial updates to CD3. Both the Keys to the City and the Flying High update were absolutely amazing. The only QoL improvement I'd love to have seen was the orb pinging from CD2. They did implement something similar in the sound design but orb hunting could've been even better if they added that.

I think going full RPG might help a potential future instalment. What if you just become a blank slate and you can choose whether to join the Agency or the gang leaders. Something like the Obsidian philosophy where your choices matter in the end. It ties in with the power progression elements.

I guess we'll find out but I sure hope we see either a sequel or something similar to the DNA of this IP.

Aug 26, 2018

I feel they could have supported the game post launch especially with Multiplayer, adding more maps, agents and improving progression. I know they did good with Keys to the City.

I guess the number of players were so low that they didn't think putting a lot of effort on MP was worth it. I enjoyed my time with the game though.

Status
Not open for further replies.