• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
No :( I was waiting for a QOL improvement that never came. Can't bring myself to get all the orbs especially in New Providence without some sort of radar ping.

I'm actually right there with you. I'm only missing a few but I gave up after a few hours of aimlessly running around with my headset far too loud trying to find them.

Dyashen

Dec 20, 2017
Belgium
I feel they could have supported the game post launch especially with Multiplayer, adding more maps, agents and improving progression. I know they did good with Keys to the City.

I guess the number of players were so low that they didn't think putting a lot of effort on MP was worth it. I enjoyed my time with the game though.

I absolutely love the verticality in the MP. The golden rule was just to make sure that you were above the enemy you were locked on to. Then using the rocket launcher x revolver combo and it felt so good to play. I don't think TDM would've been sufficient but playing against other players with the CD3 movement was so much fun. I really liked the content updates and while I was hoping for one more content update after Flying High, I feel like the campaign's sandbox is in a way better spot than it launched as.

Aug 23, 2018
Crackdown 3 was a real treat for me. The campaign was serviceable, but the real hook was running around the city collecting orbs and leveling up your agent (which should be Terry Crews, if you played as anyone else you ain't doing it right).

Klobrille's and Theorry's GIF and screen shot game leading up to launch in February could not be beat and got me excited for what I figured would be a disappointing experience. I even had some fun with MP for a dozen or so hours

08.02.2019_20-09-03-aw6kol.jpg

RemoteAlienatedIndianringneckparakeet-size_restricted.gif

Deleted member 45460

User requested account closure
Banned
Jun 27, 2018
Crackdown 3 was a real treat for me. The campaign was serviceable, but the real hook was running around the city collecting orbs and leveling up your agent (which should be Terry Crews, if you played as anyone else you ain't doing it right).

Klobrille's and Theorry's GIF and screen shot game leading up to launch in February could not be beat and got me excited for what I figured would be a disappointing experience. I even had some fun with MP for a dozen or so hours

08.02.2019_20-09-03-aw6kol.jpg

RemoteAlienatedIndianringneckparakeet-size_restricted.gif
I played 20 hours of Crackdown 3 and enjoyed every minute of it. Perfect Game Pass game.

Aug 26, 2019
Best thing to come out of Crackdown 3 would be to use that Wrecking Zone tech in a Gears game or something

But yeah it was a fun game. I won't get over the fact that they completely missed the point of transforming vehicles that the original nailed though. Which was one of the biggest things I was excited about. And they botched it

RF Switch

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
The hype and talk about Crackdown 3 implied it was going to be something it never intended to be. If you go in to that game just wanting a fun game to play it's impossible not to love it. If you go in to it expecting God of War you are going to laugh at it

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Must say i enjoyed CD3 for what it was. Give it a 7.5/10. It did feel "fresh" in a world of narrative and story heavy games with alot of walking etc. Just was a make your fun and do what you want thing.
Think thats why it was also harder judged. Because it wasnt a game xbox "needed" in many peoples eyes and the gloom of the reveal still hang over it with the cloud. It was always gonna happen. Thats why i also was kinda happy it released and it was played and we could move on finally.

Aug 26, 2019
Fellow fans of the original Crackdown, am I alone in thinking that the agency vehicles in CD3 were terrible compared to the transforming super car, SUV etc. ?

Because I have not seen this mentioned in a single critique of the game and I'm wondering whether I'm just weird or...?

Andrei Rublev

Jun 8, 2018
Fellow fans of the original Crackdown, am I alone in thinking that the agency vehicles in CD3 were terrible compared to the transforming super car, SUV etc. ?

Because I have not seen this mentioned in a single critique of the game and I'm wondering whether I'm just weird or...?

As one of the biggest fans of the original, there was a multitude of reasons why Crackdown 3 was flat out awful--it's not limited to the terrible vehicles.

Jan 4, 2018
They're paying me in fun.
That answer made me laugh out loud
Best thing to come out of Crackdown 3 would be to use that Wrecking Zone tech in a Gears game or something

But yeah it was a fun game. I won't get over the fact that they completely missed the point of transforming vehicles that the original nailed though. Which was one of the biggest things I was excited about. And they botched it
That tech needs to either be rethought or seriously upgraded to make it really impressive though.
I remember someone from MS touting that the "Power of the Cloud" for each match was equal to that of 12 Xbox One
And said it this way sounds way more impressive than saying 4 Xbox One X, because that implies that chances are, in a 5v5 match, the players local machines are more powerful (because there's not only the X, but PC users too)
Also, yes, transformable vehicles would've been nice.
If the animation was cool I might have used the car more just because of it (didn't really liked it but didn't hate it either)

SlipperyMoose

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
As we get closer to The Game Awards, what do we think is going to be shown. We know Microsoft is going to have an actual presence in this show unlike some of the other years. Gears Tactics and Psychonauts 2 seem like obvious picks. Do we expect any surprise treats?

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
As we get closer to The Game Awards, what do we think is going to be shown. We know Microsoft is going to have an actual presence in this show unlike some of the other years. Gears Tactics and Psychonauts 2 seem like obvious picks. Do we expect any surprise treats?
Tactics and Ori have been confirmed already.

Voodoopeople

Oct 29, 2017
The exciting thing is that we have started getting used to speculating what Xbox might show at every event now. That in itself is progress. Sony have either shown the same stuff (albeit great looking stuff) or just not turned up at the usual times of year for a while now. They'll come out booming next year and I'll lap it up but I love the fact people are now excited for what MS are doing.

Jan 4, 2018
Well, Spencer was pretty explicit at X019
" When looking at the shows to come, I can't see a show where we won't be announcing new 1st party games", so that does include TGA I'd think

Also, I don't think they revived "winter/summer of arcade" just for 1 year, so that's something to look forward to in addition to Tactics and Ori too

Deleted member 45460

Banned
Jun 27, 2018
35 segments on Kojima and Death Stranding, ohhhh what Xbox related things? Ori 2 and Gears Tactics are confirmed and hopefully Halo Infinite and something new will be shown. I highly doubt that will be Fable related but that would be nice.

Apr 6, 2018
OK if consulting the 343i's linkedin profile is the new sport of the thread I'm going to compete for the quantiy over quality, so fasten the seatbelts, because I'm going for the wall text
animator with a past in Respawn(apex legends) and Dreamworks
dude who worked with the integration of AWS in lumberyard, maybe Slipspace will be the first Azure based engine?
the cursed words of the thread "live service"

character artist with a past in ILM and Blizzard
one of my most interesting discoveries, he reviewed his works with two external software houses for outsurcing, so we can add "
Dhruva Interactive" and "Lakshya Digital" among sperasoft and skybox labs

producer in capcom, ea and amazon, pretty impressive
live content designer from Sea of Thieves, so I'm hype
designer with cinema background, like Valerian, Elysium and he even worked in weta under Alan Lee and John Howe, and they are my favourite living artists
guerrilla ugh
level designer with a past in id software and monolith(and gearbox...)

does she work with sony bend or 343? I'm confused since Bend in Oregon and Redmond in Washington are very far, I ask help if someone who knows the U.S. works dynamics could explain this
interesting curriculum in bungie, blizzard and kojima productions and awesome profile pic

another guy working on the engine with a curious background, intel, like the guy from Havoc
Wait, is Obsidian making a Skyrim like game? we'll already have Fable and so many other similar games have already been released this gen, I hope they work on something completely new for the studio on a AAA scale
If we trust Chris Avellone, yes
For now, but I can honestly see it as the future of gaming.
One of the futures, I don't think that it will be the standard, but a part of the future
Well, that explains why nobody in this thread cared about Gears 5. The best XGS game of the generation
If gears 5 is the second best gears it's not because the production values, but despite those because if they will step up the production values they will kill the game
But who would want an Xbox One S in 2019? Buying Xbox One X is the only plausible solution.
In the streets saving money is more important than pixels, especially during christmas/bf when families make gifts for the kids
AdobeStock_51225159-1024x683.jpeg

Little history joke right there.
timeo danaos et dona ferentes

Last edited:
Aug 23, 2018

you ain't wrong! Vehicles were trash in CD3 and after a certain point of leveling up became pointless. Much more for to double jump around the entire city than deal with the spider car flipping over the wrong way

Defect

Oct 25, 2017
I wanted an excuse to play Dark Souls again so I found a way to roll back the steam version to when it had GFWL so I can get the achievements lol.

solis74

Jun 11, 2018
OK if consulting the 343i's linkedin profile is the new sport of the thread I'm going to compete for the quantiy over quality, so fasten the seatbelts, because I'm going for the wall text
dude who worked with the integration of AWS in lumberyard, maybe Slipspace will be the first Azure based engine?

one of my most interesting discoveries, he reviewed his works with two external software houses for outsurcing, so we can add "

designer with cinema background, like Valerian, Elysium and he even worked in weta under Alan Lee and John Howe, and they are my favourite living artists
guerrilla ugh

does she work with sony bend or 343? I'm confused since Bend in Oregon and Redmond in Washington are very far, I ask help if someone who knows the U.S. works dynamics could explain this
interesting curriculum in bungie, blizzard and kojima productions and awesome profile pic

another guy working on the engine with a curious background, intel, like the guy from Havoc

If we trust Chris Avellone, yes

One of the futures, I don't think that it will be the standard, but a part of the future

If gears 5 is the second best gears it's not because the production values, but despite those because if they will step up the production values they will kill the game

In the streets saving money is more important than pixels, especially during christmas/bf when families make gifts for the kids

timeo danaos et dona ferentes

nice hires!

Hudsoniscool

Banned
Jun 5, 2018
Halo MCC #1 on steam top sellers(39$)
Halo reach standalone is #3

And most players are probably going to be playing through the Microsoft store/gamepass.

Halo on pc is going to be massive, can't wait to see.

Deleted member 45460

Banned
Jun 27, 2018
Hi guys, I just upgraded to the X1X. What would be the best game to show off HDR?
Forza Horizon 4, Shadow of the Tomb Raider, Control, AssCreed Odyssey, Battlefield V's campaign, Rage 2, Jedi: Fallen Order, Gears 5, Sea of Thieves, CoD: MW all come to mind. Anthem looks great as well and is super cheap. Many of those are both on game pass or on sale right now.

Kasey

Nov 1, 2017
Boise
giphy.gif

Side note - the art direction, lighting, everything in this scene is breathtaking

It reminds me of one of my favorite movies, Life of Pi. Anyone who's seen in knows what part I'm talking about.

Spoiler'd in case anyone hasn't seen it:

1215231_orig.png
The music is great too.
I wanted an excuse to play Dark Souls again so I found a way to roll back the steam version to when it had GFWL so I can get the achievements lol.
I've 100% the game 3 times now.

Not obsessed at all.

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

Side note - the art direction, lighting, everything in this scene is breathtaking

It reminds me of one of my favorite movies, Life of Pi. Anyone who's seen in knows what part I'm talking about.

Spoiler'd in case anyone hasn't seen it:

1215231_orig.png

as drop dead gorgeous as everwild is, i dont think it'll be at all representaive of next-gen. looks like a natural evolution of what they did with sea of thieves without the overhead from the oceans.

and it reminds me of princess mononoke!

GING-SAMA

Banned
Jul 10, 2019
the most important thing I noticed in 343 industries is that they recruit a lot of "World Artist/builder"

A term that is very often used in Open World games.

christocolus

Oct 27, 2017

guerrilla ugh

Amazing hires. iirc, slipspace engine was referred to as the most advanced game engine ever created in one of the developer LinkedIn profiles. Also I remember the head of 343i mentioning ongoing content with Halo infinite over the games lifespan and I don't think she was just referring to the mp portion of the game. Halo Infinite will constantly have sp stories/campaigns added to the game through the course of its existence. I think they will keep supporting it long after release with so and mp dlcs.

Last edited:

BeholdDeath12

Mar 4, 2019
Amazing hires. iirc, slipspace engine was referred to as the most advanced game engine ever created in one of the developer LinkedIn profiles. Also I remember the head of 343i mentioning ongoing content with Halo infinite over the games lifespan and I don't think she was just referring to the mp portion of the game. Halo Infinite will constantly have sp stories/campaigns added to the game through the course of its existence. I think they will keep supporting it long after release with so and mp dlcs.

Defs. I remember that one of the most annoying things with the old engine was how long it took to build new content with its pipeline. One of their main goals with the new engine was to overcome that.

Edit: The source for the engine stuff is here. Whole interview is good but the engine stuff starts around 38:30

Last edited:

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Crackdown 3 was actually really fun. Outdated, in many ways unimpressive, janky at times, but tons of fun. It kinda fell apart campaign-wise by the end when the game became "every battle is sending 200 one-shot snipers and rocket launcher dudes against you at the same time" (playing it on the highest difficulty was at times frustrating), but it's still easy one of the most exhilarating open world games I've played in a while. It's a bit like Saints Row: it's nowhere near as polished or majestic as GTA, but it's so absurdly hilarious that it has its merits and its raison d'etre. It would suck if games like Crackdown 3 didn't exist. I'm not gonna claim it was the best game of 2019, but I can easily say it will make my 2019 Top 10.

Kilgore

Feb 5, 2018
Crackdown 3 was too much ahead of the time of it's own revival. Poor little child, it was too pure for this world.

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Quick reminder for those who got beta codes for KartRider: Drift at X019 in London: the beta should be starting in 2 days, and the devs said you should be able to redeem the code a day or two before it begins. I will have to try the code later today myself but you should try and set the code aside already if you're planning on trying the game. The beta ends on the 9th of December.

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
I still think Crackdown 3 was a decent game. A fun little arcade open world game. It was never going to be GOTY material, but I had more fun with it than plenty of other games this year.

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I still think Crackdown 3 was a decent game. A fun little arcade open world game. It was never going to be GOTY material, but I had more fun with it than plenty of other games this year.

The GOTY obsession people have is insane. Crackdown 3 is a fun game. It's outdated as fuck, comparatively ugly (albeit it looks cool on the X), very limited and all, but it's enjoyable if you play it for what it is and not as competition for RDR2.

Sep 19, 2019
Hamburg- Germany

Yep the campaign was fun and it really soaked me in. I think the MP was the reason people complained mostly about since it was aweful to be honest and the cloud destruction advertising before the obvious downgrade didn't helped at all since the expectations were set very high for it.

One thing I really liked in the MP was the starting animation of each round. I hope we will see something similar in another game soon. Bleeding Edge comes to my mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.