• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SoLDieN

Jan 17, 2018
España
Xbox-Series-X-Box-Art-Game-Microsoft-XSX-New-Concept-Art-Design.jpg

Kiekura

Mar 23, 2018
Didn't MS say they are upping their plans for E3 because Sony isn't there? Gonna be best E3 for them ever and easily.

PianoBlack

May 24, 2018
United States
The complexity of the visuals of these units have changed quite a bit since then, though. Draw distance, polygon count, animations, IA behaviour, physics. You can't compare something like Starcraft to, say, Total War: Three Kingdoms

But then that's my point. It's just a choice to use high end visuals that make the game not work. So it's literally just scaling. Surely there's a level of graphics in between StarCraft and Total War: Three Kingdoms that the XB1S could handle.

Oct 25, 2017
But then that's my point. It's just a choice to use high end visuals that make the game not work. So it's literally just scaling. Surely there's a level of graphics in between StarCraft and Total War: Three Kingdoms that the XB1S could handle.

It's not only about high end visuals, it's about the amount of stuff happening on screen. If you, say, lower the unit count of a Total War or RTS game because of console limitations, the gameplay also changes radically.

they have been saying this for half a year...it's new one?

This rumour again? I've been hearing this since last year... Or is there any new evidence?

If I'm not mistaken, Remedy is a public shared company, right?

An "insider" (in this case, it isn't, since it's Tidus on Twitter) said that a new company joined Sony's first party family and a Remedy developer liked the tweet. That's the source of the rumour.

Axel Stone

Jan 10, 2020
Hello, I've been lurking this thread for a wee while now (bought here in the first place by stumbling across Klobrille on Twitter, massively enjoying their positivity, and realising they post here). Thought I'd drop in here to say hi as this thread and the next gen one are all I really check. Looking forward to a bright next gen for Xbox.

Nov 29, 2019
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Hello, I've been lurking this thread for a wee while now (bought here in the first place by stumbling across Klobrille on Twitter, massively enjoying their positivity, and realising they post here). Thought I'd drop in here to say hi as this thread and the next gen one are all I really check. Looking forward to a bright next gen for Xbox.

Welcome mate. Love your profile pic hehe

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Welcome. This year and the following years after for Xbox is only going to get exciting and better.

In Amber Clad

static and disarray
Aug 26, 2018
London
I ask myself the same question...

ZQRh4St.jpg

Ooh, I quite like the sound of Dark Resurgence :) Great art too, as always!

Welcome, stay awhile, try the veal (don't try the veal, you monster).

solis74

Jun 11, 2018

welcome :)

m23

Oct 25, 2017
I think the stuff they talk about at the 18:15 mark is very interesting. I think that the whole "buy a game (Cyberpunk) now on current gen and get the updated (Series X/S) version automatically" could be the "Here's how to trade a PS4 game" moment of these launches.

I think that's their mandate when it comes to first party games, don't think they can force third party games to follow that though. I think that decision would be up to the third party publishers.

Perhaps third party publishers will patch the Xbox games since they will be backwards compatible, but I wouldn't put it past them to charge for next Gen patches.

Munki

Apr 30, 2019
A new rumor or the same speculation as last year?

New as of today.

From our friend Granjinha:

An "insider" (in this case, it isn't, since it's Tidus on Twitter) said that a new company joined Sony's first party family and a Remedy developer liked the tweet. That's the source of the rumour.

But as some pointed out, Remedy is a public company so if this was true we would already have known about it.

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
I'm with you. I thought one of the slower parts of the absolutely excellent 2018 E3 was the Division 2 gameplay demo. It wasn't a bad demo, but gameplay always drags. The faked anthem demo was much better, but still. I think the point is that even with gameplay, I want it to be short and sweet. And lots of times, I'd rather have a good trailer, even if it's mostly CGI. We should definitely have MORE gameplay, and I agree it was a mistake not to show off anything about Gears 5 and hope they don't do that with Halo Infinite, but I also don't think it was THAT BAD either.

Not showing Halo in gameplay form would be insane, it just would be ridiculous really. It's such an ambitious project and the fans are dying to see this. Hell we have fans that have doubts about it and they want to be proven wrong, which I can understand. It's been a good while since Halo 5 and it's the next big game, they can't make the Gears 5 mistake again. Plus they will want to show off XSX power with that one.

Personally I don't find that gameplay demos drag, well it depends on the game. Division 2 wasn't that interesting. But Halo, Gears, Forza, Fable should always be properly shown in gameplay demo form. Have a stage demo of those kinds of games and keep trailers (with gameplay bits in it) for games like Ori, Tell me why, etc.

But that's just my opinion :)

Personally I really appreciate how Sony's E3 shows have been. Always gameplay (correct me if I'm wrong) of their own big exclusives, and they always managed to impress and throw some trailers of multiplatform games in there as well. I remember seeing Uncharted 4 gameplay for the first time or Horizon ZD. Those were moments that my jaw dropped, a CGI or cutscene trailer would never gotten that reaction from me.

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018

Welcome! This thread is one of the best places to discuss Xbox related stuff! :)

Oct 27, 2017
I'm" going to need that Halo Infinite Multiplayer Beta Shadow Drop at E3.

Welcome :D

Status
Not open for further replies.